Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,799 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? (4575 Views)

Bokoharam‬ Leader Shekau Alive And Well Did The Military Deceive Us? (pics) / Obasanjo Who Is He ? How Well Did He Perform? / Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by wesley80(m): 6:44pm On Jan 02, 2013
Hehehe, I guess its time to examine the examiners LOL

Dear Jarus, first I'd love to specially thank you for not doing an "Aishatu" and saying goodbye to this forum, that no doubt would've robbed us of one of our best brains and "better persons" and no doubt denied us the depth of knowledge you bring to the table not just here in the Politics section but in other sections as well where I've personally benefitted immensely from your contributions, I hope you keep your word - thanks in advance.
Seeing however that the die is cast and the deed is done and all that's left is for us all to reflect on what was and what might have been, I wonder if your reaction to @PointB's criticisms in your farewell thread is a pointer to your disposition to having a huge ego trip where folks line up to "dobale" and tell you how wonderful your "tenure" was (inevitably I should add) rather than a time to do all that and as well entertain some useful and constructive criticisms in your interest and ours ( Nairalands and her users)? I believe you'd go for the latter, No? Well here are mine anyway drawing from your initial 5 point agenda on your farewell thread.
I'd always felt you were biased against both the PDP govt. and Igbos and your conduct somewhat fueled my impression. I placed you somewhere between a shackled rabid bigot (shackled of course by your Modship) and a closet bigot content to let others do the open hating while you gloated from behind the curtains, what with the tacit endorsement you seemingly gave unrepentant bigots and no more than slaps on the wrist - when u bothered - you gave some notorious flouters of forum rules? Your stewardship appeared terribly skewed in favour of a section of forumites from a section of the country.
As time went by and I read more and more about your thoughts, most of my views about you relaxed and I learnt to excuse some of your perceived failures as mere "human" rather than personal but somehow, I couldn't totally shake off the idea that there had to be a semblance of bigotry locked in somewhere within you, you basked so much in the noxious glory of bigots not to have some yourself and Nairaland as a forum paid for it during your stewardship. Maybe there was a time the battle against ethnic bashing was a success - a distant memory now - but like the proverbial masquerade that did the near perfect dance but landed on his left foot, he had to be jeered! Moral of the story - Finish Well. No sir, your battle with ethnic hatred and bigotry was a failure - sorry.

As concerning your Hall of Fame / Hall of Shame initiative that turned into a fiasco, I thought it was a noble idea but very very poorly managed. Its mode of operation allowed it inevitably to become a tool in the hands of a section of people on this forum - a weakness that should've been foreseen from the outset but ignored even in the light of its derailment simply because it played into the hands of a "section of people" and you had to gloat! A system that throws up Achebe as a candidate for Hall of Shame REGARDLESS of any controversy he might have generated had to be fundamentally flawed, how you of all people couldn't see that fuels my "semblance of bigotry" theory. An impartial Mod would've picked a panel of respected forumites (which we aren't lacking BTW) to come up with a shortlist of candidates from nominated people to be voted for or some other remedy since the original system had proven to be corrupt - You didn't. Hall of Shame / Hall of Fame, Thumbs down Jarus.

Next to the Grand Debates, wow! they've been awesome! Really really awesome, I guess - I've never followed any (my loss I know) I've always felt it could be more, I mean much more. Here's an extract from a review of the just ended Chinese year from the BBC:

The year 2012 was meant to be a stable one for China as it prepared for its once-in-a- generation leadership change. But things didn't quite go to script as lurid scandals emerged across the country featuring officials from the all-powerful Communist Party, some of whom were local and some very prominent.
One of the most notable features was the number of scandals unearthed by angry microbloggers determined to root out official corruption. As growing concern about corruption and abuse of power spread through China's microblogs, netizens began a quest to expose what they saw as official malpractice themselves. All of this took place despite official measures such as in March when millions of microblog users, initially in Beijing, had to register with their real identities to post online. It was an effort by the authorities to prevent the spread of what they called "unfounded rumours". Nevertheless a number of local officials were actually forced to resign after web users took it upon themselves to make public their alleged wrongdoing.

m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-20765530

I wasn't expecting Chinese-sized scandals but I expected an effort from you - and us. I thought the FOI bill was a goldmine and I thought with you at the helm we could harvest it but slowly and surely, the euphoria tapered off and docility and vapid cyber chants have once again taken root. Where are the NL organized information demands and thousands - signed petitions? Of course I know you don't run NL on your own but I can't help but think we've lost a huge opportunity with you stepping down. With due respect to OAMJ4 (Bros abeg find name wey u go answer) and Afam, I do not see either with your "clout". OAMJ seems too detached from the Nigerian reality and Afam, I'm yet to be convinced he can transform being seemingly overzealous to being a great Mod, I don't know how he manages being an active poster in over 10 NL sections without losing some essence, Not even Kobojunkie at her height could manage it! You see Jarus, as a Mod you weren't a "Ghost" like others you were a real person we could relate with and you could get others to listen because of your great personality. All that seems lost now.
While Afams ascension to the throne of "power" seems great in various ways - at least now the other set of bigots can feel the paranoia the other set have felt all these while, I hope he learns from you and does a tad better but meanwhile, I can't help but feel Jarus has left without truly realizing his and helping NL realize her potential, and that's just erm well, sad!

1 Like

Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by GARRIx7(m): 7:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
A system that throws up Achebe as a candidate for Hall of Shame REGARDLESS of any controversy he might have generated had to be fundamentally flawed

Nonsense!

Achebe's place in the hall of shame followed the laid down rules of nomination and voting.

That's the same process that's been in use for all nominations and awards on this site. What happened there was the POWER OF DEMOCRACY. Election is a game of numbers, Ok??

If the President can be inducted in the hall of Shame, then I don't see why Achebe should be an exception.

Seun's knee-jerk reaction was a purely business decision especially since the "WHINERS" on this forum are too many to be ignored in his opinion....

12 Likes

Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by wesley80(m): 7:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Nonsense!

Achebe's place in the hall of shame followed the laid down rules of nomination and voting.

That's the same process that's been in use for all nominations and awards on this site. What happened there was the POWER OF DEMOCRACY. Election is a game of numbers, Ok??

If the President can be inducted in the hall of Shame, then I don't see why Achebe should be an exception.

Seun's knee-jerk reaction was a purely business decision especially since the "WHINERS" on this forum are too many to be ignored in his opinion....

You and I know how the Nairaland system works, we both know what influences trends on this forum. You can deny it all you like.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Afam4eva(m): 7:58pm On Jan 02, 2013
Wilywily Banned for 2 hours.
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 02, 2013
^^2 Afam4eva......u need to calm the fvck down, wetin?? angry angry Can't ppl say what they feel anymore? You banned him because he stated his opinion, like really. Dude, do you even know ur job or banning excites u. You must see the the ban tab as a toy.

Can OAM4J brief this guy what his job entails undecided

1 Like

Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Blazay(m): 8:06pm On Jan 02, 2013
^^^
Nne. . .abeg remove ya arrows from my azzze o!
You are ssssssssssshooking my buttocks!

"Ikem4eva" dey for my front!
Hiahn!!!
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by jmaine: 8:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
^^

You don kolo finish cheesy

Meanwhile Afam dey operate like all those muf.mobi moderators tongue
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 02, 2013
Thread too long na!
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 02, 2013
@Blazay: Are u sure u want me stop?? This one that u're giggling unnecessarily, u seem to be enjoying it.

Or u're just shy because we have an audience.............I've corrected it cool
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Blazay(m): 8:24pm On Jan 02, 2013
Shollypopz: @Blazay: Are u sure u want me stop?? This one that u're giggling unnecessarily, u seem to be enjoying it.

Or u're just shy because we have an audience.............I've corrected it cool

You did not reach h-inside o! We thian God.
I can only handle 'one arrow' at a time. 2 BLACK ARROWS NA DIE!
You only pinched my hinny. No penetration. wink
Please, stop o!

One ban a week is enough. . .one 'report-button-MEGA-KRAAAAAAAASE-MODERATOR' is in heat!
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Samxiulee: 8:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
The jarus guy is a stand up guy,all the things you guys are accusing him of is not fair,he is not the only mod on this section,and being a mod shouldn't be a gag on him,they ate not referees,the same purpose why we are online on this forum is why they are here,to share their opinion,its not necessary that we all are on same page on different issue,you guys should let the guy be,a party celebrating his resignation as a mod is not necessary,
On the achebe hall of fame issue,the rules were followed,the guy even came out to say he didn't want achebe name in it,but people that nominated the man followed the rules and he couldn't change it.
Btw mr seun should not be afraid about loosing some members because things are not going the way they want,this forum is just too big for anyone to threatened that they will leave,cos they are always around as guests.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by salam001(m): 8:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
cry cry ,jarus would be missed by All,Gone So soon,aug 2010 to jan 2013,may his ........ peace
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by GARRIx7(m): 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2013
wesley80:

You and I know how the Nairaland system works, we both know what influences trends on this forum. You can deny it all you like.

Write all ur long sermons, but as far as Achebe and the hall of shame is concerned, due process was followed. The rules were strictly adhered to. Same rules that were used for all awards this year..

Why did you not cry when GEJ was inducted in the hall of shame??

1 Like

Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2013
You are very correct! Everyone should moved on including Jarus.Moving nairaland forward should be our concern.NL is big enough for everyone.We all have learnt lessons from Jarus's exit as a mod.it is left for us to put things right together and become that which we must be.
Sam xiu lee: The jarus guy is a stand up guy,all the things you guys are accusing him of is not fair,he is not the only mod on this section,and being a mod shouldn't be a gag on him,they ate not referees,the same purpose why we are online on this forum is why they are here,to share their opinion,its not necessary that we all are on same page on different issue,you guys should let the guy be,a party celebrating his resignation as a mod is not necessary,
On the achebe hall of fame issue,the rules were followed,the guy even came out to say he didn't want achebe name in it,but people that nominated the man followed the rules and he couldn't change it.
Btw mr seun should not be afraid about loosing some members because things are not going the way they want,this forum is just too big for anyone to threatened that they will leave,cos they are always around as guests.
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Gboliwe: 8:54pm On Jan 02, 2013
Too many hidden posts already
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Afam4eva(m): 9:24pm On Jan 02, 2013
@topsyking
Be warned else you'll be banned.
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 02, 2013
afam4eva: @topsyking
Be warned else you'll be banned.

Afam....calm down with this banning of a thing..it's taking away some measure of fun from the section.
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by seanet01: 9:33pm On Jan 02, 2013
jmaine: ^^

You don kolo finish cheesy

Meanwhile Afam dey operate like all those muf.mobi moderators tongue
Muf.mobi moderator? Lmao
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by DANILSA(m): 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2013
WEA IDOWUOGBO AND DAYOKANU DE, ANOTHER NEW BEER PARLOR JOINT DON OPEN FOR THE NIGHT grin grin grin ILUGUN BOY IS ALREADY HERE EATING NKWOBI AND BIG STOUT.
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Demdem(m): 9:47pm On Jan 02, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Nonsense!

Excellent post.
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Afam4eva(m): 9:48pm On Jan 02, 2013
ilugunboy:

Afam....calm down with this banning of a thing..it's taking away some measure of fun from the section.
At times i wonder what some of you want. You can never be satisfied. Why should banning trouble makers be a problem to anyone? Our mentality in Nigeria has to change.
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by jmaine: 10:03pm On Jan 02, 2013
Bros Afam dey form Jet Li mixed with Jacky Chan cheesy . . . .

Play play . .E go soon hide nairaland Politics section on top Modal action grin

Na Joke i dey so wink

1 Like

Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by wesley80(m): 10:15pm On Jan 02, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Write all ur long sermons, but as far as Achebe and the hall of shame is concerned, due process was followed. The rules were strictly adhered to. Same rules that were used for all awards this year..

Why did you not cry when GEJ was inducted in the hall of shame??

Same corrupt system put up GEJ and I knew in a matter of time it would self destruct. Bros how far?
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 02, 2013
afam4eva:
At times i wonder what some of you want. You can never be satisfied. Why should banning trouble makers be a problem to anyone? Our mentality in Nigeria has to change.

An not saying you should not wield the big stick...all am saying is that it should be the last resort.
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by babapupa: 10:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
afam4eva:

Maybe what's trouble to you is not trouble to other people. Looks like you are getting too arbitrary and pointless with this banning thing. You are acting like a lil kid with a new toy.

I don't like the op and his usual rubbish including this thread, but that's his opinion. We don't need you waking around labeling people's opinion anyway you want and keep banning at will like a damn prosecutor, jury, judge and executioner.

If you don't slow your roll, you will kill this forum in no time.

1 Like

Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 10:20pm On Jan 02, 2013
Afam Take it easy.....don't let this power intoxicate you.

Ibo and power= semi god

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day: Daddy Why Do You Always Go Out With Broom? / Price Of Ad Paid For By Fayose! (PICS) / Functions Of Deputy Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.