Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West (11595 Views)

Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB / Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer / Tam David-West Tells Jonathan "Look For Shoes Quickly And Go Back To Otuoke” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Ngwakwe: 10:28pm On Feb 05, 2012
What am saying is that if my person loses for your man, I will never see any good in whatever your man does even when they are correct. Inwardly I will always hide the motive for my criticism which may not even be constructive.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Yinkay: 10:30pm On Feb 05, 2012
homie22 (m)
jos, nigeria

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West
« #29 on: Today at 04:49:21 PM »
A virologist n a historian heading the petroluem ministry n cbn, what dyu expect if not a dumb argument, naija funny sha

For your information,current oil minister is an architect and when in Shell, she is mostly in support service not core
operations.Though at that level,qualification hardly matters since they function mostly as administrators with core professionals reporting to the minister,but self interest and corruption is their bane.check her cv below,

http://www.opec.org/opec_web/static_files_project/media/downloads/about_us/Nigeria.pdf
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by porka: 10:58pm On Feb 05, 2012
diluminati:

how will you dumb folks talk about Tam David West like that? A man more sensible than 10 jonathans put together with an extra left to donate to y'all watery brains. see how low you guys place yourselves, talking about TDW like that? serious

Where is your evidence to back up this assertion? I've not seen his name on any inventions/scientific breakthroughs anywhere. Have you? Any new discovery in the field of virology he singularly or jointly authored? How many books has he written? I just want to know. I have read some of his articles, they are mostly quotes from newspapers, that's not the quality of someone 'more sensible than 10 jonathans out together with an extra left to donate, ', I mean anyone with second class of Somali or Bangladeshi standard can 'cut and paste'.

Resignation or not, if/when NOI resigns, the same prof will come and tell us that she is being persecuted. I recall she resigned 'due to family issue' the last time, and many vilified OBJ.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by realkendy(f): 11:26pm On Feb 05, 2012
tam- david- west - all these fake names for an old man?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by 2mch(m): 11:29pm On Feb 05, 2012
He is on point. angry
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by member479760: 11:40pm On Feb 05, 2012
She never did anything tangible in her life, the world bank has software installed, her function is just type in names, figures and answer yes sir.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Revolutnz: 11:46pm On Feb 05, 2012
“I’m not blood-thirsty,” he said, “but all corrupt politicians must be killed. When you shot a few of them, others will learn a lesson and they will behave.”

WORD

Quoting Shehu Musa, Prof. West said that, “In Nigeria, it is not that the officials are corrupt, it is that corruption is official.” grin cheesy grin shocked lipsrsealed undecided cry
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by plaetton: 12:00am On Feb 06, 2012
In the land of the blind , the one-eyed man is king.
I think thats the way Tam David -West sees himself. There was a time when this man commanded a lot of respect. But as years went by , it became clearer that the only thing unique abt this man is perhaps his name.
I have never seen a man so obsessed with himself. He so much loves to hear the sound of his own voice.
For those of us that used to respect him, I always come out very dissapointed each time I read anything written by him. Where is the much vaunted intellect?
All I ever see in his criticisms are bad belle and more bad belle.
So Okonjo-Iweala had 2nd class, therefore?
If this character is considered to be part of Nigeria's intellectual resovoir, then we are in deep trouble
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by nijanigga: 12:21am On Feb 06, 2012
This is the problem with nijas, we don't think deep down,maybe cos we have too many yahoo boyz and scammers. The guy contributed his quota for nija,when naria and petroleum miniter get value. Okonja -iweala is being paid in $$$USD,where is her patrotism,meanwhile she read urban morpholoy and she is not an economist,mind you anybody can work for world bank and rise through the profile. Nijas to buy anything from abroad,even thou she was planted in Nigeria to implement world bank policies. Thank God for south africa, the refused to accept all world bank non sense.
Have all heard the rots in NNPC and co? In Nigeria 70% live below $2/day and petrol more expensive than any Opec nation,while minimum wage is the lowest.
The fact is Nijas will always accept falsehood, Awolowo said in darkness I'm leaving you in darkness will I meet you.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Marlboro1: 12:38am On Feb 06, 2012
When will this old fart shut his trap. Every time he opens his mouth you wonder if he still has any brains. He should be in jail for all the money he and the military stole not out there lecturing anyone,
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by kaynoJah(m): 1:50am On Feb 06, 2012
As if he resigned when he stooped so f*****g low to accept gratification of common gold watch as a Federal Minister! His major beaf is seeing younger ones assume same position he so cheapened making overwhelmingly better use of same office to loot more valuable 'golds' that are not worn on the wrists!!
So damn short-sighted. Can't take back the hands of the clock Prof. Naija is on forward match however the pace and manner.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by logica(m): 2:18am On Feb 06, 2012
kayno-Jah:

making overwhelmingly better use of same office to loot more valuable 'golds' that are not worn on the wrists.
Right! It's quite commendable, the looting these "young guns" are engaged in isn't it?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by tiwiex(m): 2:33am On Feb 06, 2012
Corruption is really official. We find it strange that the Prof is still talking about the issues. infact some of use mock him. we say he is seeking for attention. In other words, many of us agree Okonjo is doing a great job. In other words GEJ is doing great. Maybe his reference to 2dnd class touched many people. Me sef na 2.2 but i no vex. but seems like he is saying person wey get 2.2 no fit become minister or something. that's where i think he got it all wrong. her degree is irrelevant to the argument. But please, don't let us celebrate mediocrity at the expense of a wise criticism.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by fuke(m): 6:57am On Feb 06, 2012
@ Beaf and OtherGEJ Propaganda foot soldiers.

I just pray people like you people do not get to Aso Rock one day.

You people are just being used as Hitlers propaganda
tools when he incinerated 6million Jews. They saw the truth
and told the world the exact opposite

Any decent educated Nigerian should be ashamed of what
we have witnessed at the assembly probe.

For you guys to say Prod David West is seeking publicity
is arrant nonsense. I have been reading this prof. Of Virology
for decades. Where were you?

Even the woman you are defending knows that she hasn't gotten
the pedigree to attack him.

David west does not need to seek publicity. He is publicity.
If he sneezes, the press must report it.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by yd849ja: 7:10am On Feb 06, 2012
One thing have to realise Is that our political class have got nothing to give in terms of advancement, the fact that someone works in a reputable organisation is not enough to hand them ministerial appointment in a particular sector as important as Finance!
I'm very sure a petrol attendance At mobil filling station would be our next petroleum minister and a security guard at GTB would take same suit at the finance ministry.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by anataala: 8:02am On Feb 06, 2012
for people that are insulting Prof David West, i think you are half illiterate, the guy is a Prof mind you and i believe 99.9% of will never attend what he has achieve in life.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by slyopez(m): 8:38am On Feb 06, 2012
anataala:

for people that are insulting Prof David West, i think you are half illiterate, the guy is a Prof mind you and i believe 99.9% of will never attend what he has achieve in life.
Like the kind of dumb Profs we have in our Nigerian higher institutions that are busy sleeping with their students and collecting sorting/bribe/appreciation etc. Make i hear word abeg. Mtchewwwww
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by slyopez(m): 8:47am On Feb 06, 2012
I sense sentiment, tribalism and hatred in Tam David West comment. Is Ngozi Okonjo Iweala the only minister on subsidy issue that have lapses in her office, how about Diezani? . Dumb professor of plagiarism.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Reference(m): 8:53am On Feb 06, 2012
Yes Okonjo Iweala has the opportunity to right the wrongs and restructure the nations's economy through the oil sector. Fine, but if Tam David West and other preceeding ministers did their jobs as well as they demand now we will not be facing the kind of problem we are facing now.

This is so disappointing. They occupy office, mess up the place and expect miracles from their successors. What did he do or not do as petroleum minister. Let us open another page to analyse him. Did he not part create and instutionalise corruption in that sector.

I was discussing this matter with someoe a few days ago. I have very little respect for past leaders no matter in what colour they come across. Today we are looking for foreign investors to participate in the oil sector. If so why did OBJ nationalise the same oil sector in the late seventies. Short-sightedness, corruption ? Who knows. Today Shell retails petrol in Ghana while their upstream oil sector is coming online. Why didn't Tam David West deregulate then. Why didn't he seek foreign investment then. Why did he not break the NNPC's monopoly then when all these things were far cheaper and less painful to do under an all powerful military regime and when Nigerian's still respected their government and leveraged possible change all in hope. No, he enjoyed the monopoly and absolute power then not knowing he was riding a tiger that will later devour others after him.

They say hindsight is 20/20. Good for him. Just join the company of El-Rufai, Fani Kayode and others who have refused to flush the toilet. Hopefully Iweala will remain to try and clean up the mess rather than stand outside and wrinkle her nose.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 06, 2012
THIS IS A JOKE RIGHT. simple the man need attention

fuke:

@ Beaf and OtherGEJ Propaganda foot soldiers.

I just pray people like you people do not get to Aso Rock one day.

You people are just being used as Hitlers propaganda
tools when he incinerated 6million Jews. They saw the truth
and told the world the exact opposite

Any decent educated Nigerian should be ashamed of what
we have witnessed at the assembly probe.

For you guys to say Prod David West is seeking publicity
is arrant nonsense. I have been reading this prof. Of Virology
for decades. Where were you?

Even the woman you are defending knows that she hasn't gotten
the pedigree to attack him.

David west does not need to seek publicity. He is publicity.
If he sneezes, the press must report it.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by BabaO2: 9:30am On Feb 06, 2012
The Prof is saying the absolute truth, let the right and sound Nigerians proffer solutions to Nigeria myriad of problems under Iweala.
Iweala is an average intellectual/ technocrat, anybody can work at world bank, that doesnt make you the best around, it is grace and luck.
It is glaring that iweala is confusing the humble President with her world bank background, we've got not to be gullible. Every script of IMF coming through  Iweala is becoming laws and authority in Nigeria, the earlier we realise this, the earlier Iweala is sacked or replaced.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by namfav(m): 10:07am On Feb 06, 2012
iweala apart from a few things, she has been a complete disaster a liability even, the same lady they wanted as first female president, i laugh
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by nsiadi: 12:26pm On Feb 06, 2012
This virus prof & Fani Kayode are looking for people who will settle them
Prof shd tell us all he has achieved in life--while he was a minister & as a prof
If he has nothing then he shd keep his mouth shut-permanently
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by ekwynwa: 1:49pm On Feb 06, 2012
Tam West is aging disgracefullyembarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by ifihearam: 2:24pm On Feb 06, 2012
If she resigns then you have killed GEJ.becos his hopes are built around her
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by OnyeBabe1(f): 4:59am On Feb 07, 2012
Nigerians want change but dont want to pay for it. Chinese wanted prosperity and pay with their freedom, now their economy is booming. Nigerians cannot accept rapid change without crying, I know the so-called subsidy removal was too abrupt but it does exist and needs to go. All OPEC countries subsidise fuel, do your research.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by trw: 12:37pm On Feb 07, 2012
q
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Must Resign – Prof. Tam David West by chino11(m): 5:33pm On Feb 07, 2012
I think the guy needs rehab after being incarcerated years. grin cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan / Car Bomb Explosion Kills 6 In Yobe / State Election Results: INEC Explains Collation Procedure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.