Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (811200 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ikes9(m): 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2018
Irenenwaka:

Yes that's the only way out
okay, thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by babarexo: 11:17am On Jul 12, 2018
Paid your first year fees of 5500gbp for a master course in full, travel to the uk on student visa to work almost full time for two years in order to raise cash to stand a better chance to apply for a canadian or Australian student visa or migrate else where before your student Brp expires.What is the possibility of raising 10000gbp in 16months working almost full time since you are not concerned about the uk degree.Advise needed please.Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Kenneth10110(m): 2:53pm On Jul 12, 2018
SmoothDad:
I have been bored and lonely here in Manchester. The social life is missing. Social apps are not helping matters. Who's anywhere around Manchester pls? Hit me up once U read this
. I want to ask you something very important.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Kenneth10110(m): 3:23pm On Jul 12, 2018
guiddoti:
Are you going for studies or job? 20 hrs is enough for student during academic period, then, you are free to work long hours during summer (end of session)

Please how much per hour.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Kenneth10110(m): 3:27pm On Jul 12, 2018
chupcake:

Sorry for the late reply bro. I don't really anything about Chelmsford. Them my friends wey dey there na rich pickin so them no dey work. it if was Cambridge now, I would even write your application for you and get you earning around £700-£800 per month working 20hrs a week in no time. Either way, I fit ask them sha.
Where are you please

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by fizzile(m): 6:00pm On Jul 12, 2018
babarexo:
Paid your first year fees of 5500gbp for a master course in full, travel to the uk on student visa to work almost full time for two years in order to raise cash to stand a better chance to apply for a canadian or Australian student visa or migrate else where before your student Brp expires.What is the possibility of raising 10000gbp in 16months working almost full time since you are not concerned about the uk degree.Advise needed please.Thanks
it is absolutely impossible to make 10000GBP and who told u it is 16months? Dnt forget during term period u can only work 20hrs per week..u can work full time during hols or when u r done with ur programme. Also it is not as easy as u think ooo.. if u want to migrate to canada or australia, u will need ur masters to give u more points

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guiddoti: 3:35pm On Jul 13, 2018
Kenneth10110:

Please how much per hour.
It depends on company-to-company need. By minimum, you can earn between £7 - 7.50 per hr. During the peak time, like in Amazon, you could earn £10
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guiddoti: 3:41pm On Jul 13, 2018
fizzile:
it is absolutely impossible to make 10000GBP and who told u it is 16months? Dnt forget during term period u can only work 20hrs per week..u can work full time during hols or when u r done with ur programme. Also it is not as easy as u think ooo.. if u want to migrate to canada or australia, u will need ur masters to give u more points
Don't say not possible, it depends on when and how factor. I made £7000+ within 15kws during peak, after my thesis.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Divaville(f): 9:03pm On Jul 14, 2018
Hello, I am resuming at the university of Bath in September but I dont like the accommodation allocated to me by the school. Its a single room in a 6 bedroom flat with 2 shared bathrooms and kitchen with a price is £600/month (bills inclusive). I personally would prefer a studio apartment or share a two bedroom flat . Anybody with advise on renting properties in Bath should please advise. Houses there are really expensive!! shocked shocked Also should I pay for my accommodation from here or wait till I resume and see the place for myself before paying. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by babarexo: 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2018
What is the Job prospect for Engineering management in Uk

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guiddoti: 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2018
babarexo:
What is the Job prospect for Engineering management in Uk
It's future uncertainty.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guiddoti: 3:45pm On Jul 16, 2018
Divaville:
Hello, I am resuming at the university of Bath in September but I dont like the accommodation allocated to me by the school. Its a single room in a 6 bedroom flat with 2 shared bathrooms and kitchen with a price is £600/month (bills inclusive). I personally would prefer a studio apartment or share a two bedroom flat . Anybody with advise on renting properties in Bath should please advise. Houses there are really expensive!! shocked shocked Also should I pay for my accommodation from here or wait till I resume and see the place for myself before paying. Thanks
I wouldnt advise school apartment, it will likely be small space, l guess. I don't know if you do church things, such route helps a lot, though.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by stubbornman(m): 6:18pm On Jul 16, 2018
Divaville:

Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!!! £600 per month..... Oh lord and my rent here in Nigeria is less than 150USD/annum and i still find it difficult meeting up most times like now ..... Damn! I'll so get there .

May God bless your endeavours and provide you with enough resources to complete your education...............AMEN!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by LissiHome: 6:22pm On Jul 16, 2018
Thanks for this information, I think it will come in handy in the future.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guiddoti: 6:35pm On Jul 16, 2018
stubbornman:

Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!!! £600 per month..... Oh lord and my rent here in Nigeria is less than 150USD/annum and i still find it difficult meeting up most times like now ..... Damn! I'll so get there .

May God bless your endeavours and provide you with enough resources to complete your education...............AMEN!!
grin nay say nay Londoner. £ go perish where Him come, naw only conversion be the cure bruda man

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by babarexo: 10:48am On Jul 18, 2018
I wish to apply for uk student visa using the super priority option.Do I still have to go through the interview?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by subcbouy: 11:57am On Jul 18, 2018
guiddoti:
grin nay say nay Londoner, £ go perish where Him come, naw only conversion be the cure bruda man
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2018
babarexo:
I wish to apply for uk student visa using the super priority option.Do I still have to go through the interview?

Yes u will...by the way pls drop ur mail, need to ask something
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by babarexo: 2:41pm On Jul 18, 2018
Irenenwaka:

Yes u will...by the way pls drop ur mail, need to ask something

Preferrably u ask on this forum so others can benefit since admin may block it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 18, 2018
babarexo:

Preferrably u ask on this forum so others can benefit since admin may block it.

If it was beneficial to others then i should have asked. ..i m just waiting for my ielts i will be going through that same route next month so i simply would just want to do a close follow up thats all. No strings bro/sis. If yu dont want to drop urs kindly check my posts on my profile, yu'd see mine. Biko email me thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by babarexo: 4:45pm On Jul 18, 2018
Irenenwaka:

If it was beneficial to others then i should have asked. ..i m just waiting for my ielts i will be going through that same route next month so i simply would just want to do a close follow up thats all. No strings bro/sis. If yu dont want to drop urs kindly check my posts on my profile, yu'd see mine. Biko email me thanks.

Kindly drop yours and will contact you Asap.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 18, 2018
babarexo:

Kindly drop yours and will contact you Asap.
C_nwaka@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by babarexo: 11:38am On Jul 19, 2018
Irenenwaka:

C_nwaka@yahoo.com

replied your mail
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 21, 2018
Hiiii ii

Anyone going to Heriot-Watt University Edinburgh this September or is anyone in Edinburgh already?

I need info on good accommodation (2 bedroom ) in a location close to HWU

How is life generally in Edinburgh, what's the weather like?

I will be coming for PhD, what jobs are available for me as well as my dependant.

What's daycare like there or child minder.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Preye21: 2:53pm On Aug 05, 2018
Please what is the possibility of staying back in the UK after a nursing program

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by babarexo: 11:17am On Aug 10, 2018
Do I need to submit my transcript when applying for student visa?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guiddoti: 9:55am On Aug 14, 2018
babarexo:
Do I need to submit my transcript when applying for student visa?
Only if it is included in your CAS as one of those docs you are to submit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.