Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (812028 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by LOVELYnessbynat(f): 10:56pm On May 22, 2023
Does anyone have a link to Nigerian high commission here in Uk, i went for my biometric captioning since March hoping to get the passport back since last week, but on tracking it, it still not ticked the NIN stage. can someone please help me on what to do, or if you've encountered such what did you do to solve it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Sladotun(m): 7:30am On May 31, 2023
Hi guys, I applied to the University of Hull this year April and no response yet..

Anyone?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Raalsalghul: 1:42am On Jul 11, 2023

My little advise, proceed to the Uk. You have more opportunities there in IT, Poland wages are very low because I keep seeing people from Poland move into Germany for better jobs in IT. You will rarely see someone moving from Uk to Germany because of wages, their earnings are very similar.

The Pound Sterling is currently valued at 700 Naira to 1 Pound, before that God-forsaken Buhari leaves, It will be 1000 Naira to 1 Pound in 2023 which is 2 years from now.

Go and spend that 8Million, you won't regret.

Why is it that every bad prediction about Nigeria comes to pass?

Turns out this guy (which by the way was Truthsayer009) was absolutely spot on about about the bolded as the pound is even pushing above 1000 naira now.

Pretty sure that the dude that was in a dilemma about moving would be thanking his stars now.

Na real wa! cry

Cc: Tensazangetsu20, Gerrard59

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Gerrard59(m): 3:01am On Jul 11, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Turns out this guy (which by the way was Truthsayer009) was absolutely spot on about about the bolded as the pound is even pushing above 1000 naira now.

Pretty sure that the dude that was in a dilemma about moving would be thanking his stars now.

Na real wa! cry

Cc: Tensaz.angetsu20, Gerrar.d59

You never lose betting against Nigeria.

That said, the devaluation is not really a problem as it makes Made in Nigeria goods/products to be cheaper in the global market. Nigeria does not need a strong naira. We are not Switzerland or Singapore.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:13am On Jul 11, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Na real wa! cry

Cc: Tensazangetsu20, Gerrard59

You can never ever lose betting against Nigeria. It has never happened.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by steadyMoving22: 9:53am On Jul 11, 2023
Gerrard59:

That said, the devaluation is not really a problem as it makes Made in Nigeria goods/products to be cheaper in the global market. Nigeria does not need a strong naira. We are not Switzerland or Singapore.

Are made in Nigeria goods of great quality standard or assurance?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Genea(f): 6:54pm On Jul 11, 2023
Gerrard59:

stop saying nonsense. Made in Nigeria goods cheaper? When interest rates are high and cost of transport is high... Smh
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Genea(f): 6:55pm On Jul 11, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

You can never ever lose betting against Nigeria. It has never happened.
aswear, and this post was made 2years ago... Nigerians have suffered

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Gerrard59(m): 9:59pm On Jul 11, 2023
Genea:
stop saying nonsense. Made in Nigeria goods cheaper? When interest rates are high and cost of transport is high... Smh

Made in Nigeria goods can be cheaper in the long run when the production scale has increased. It can be tough for new businesses, but producing in Nigeria for a global market is cheaper as the currency is devalued against the dollar, labour is cheap, and raw materials are abundant.

If you were not properly taught Economics in secondary school, that is your school's fault, not mine.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Gerrard59(m): 10:01pm On Jul 11, 2023
steadyMoving22:

Are made in Nigeria goods of great quality standard or assurance?

Made in Nigeria goods for a global market, not for the Nigerian market. You produce according to the standards your customers require.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Genea(f): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2023
Gerrard59:

Made in Nigeria goods can be cheaper in the long run when the production scale has increased. It can be tough for new businesses, but producing in Nigeria for a global market is cheaper as the currency is devalued against the dollar, labour is cheap, and raw materials are abundant.

If you were not properly taught Economics in secondary school, that is your school's fault, not mine.
you that was taught have forgotten that the high cost of production is eroding profits
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by skankhunt101: 4:13am On Jul 15, 2023
Hello everyone, I will be relocating to The UK early next month. Pls any link to an affordable accommodation in Liverpool?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nokas: 7:50pm On Jul 16, 2023
Anyone already in or going to Edgehill university september 2023. I need some guidance plss.
U can send your number to my email so I cAn call. iykeonoka@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by OdogwuEkeke(m): 1:09pm On Jul 18, 2023
Advice; you don’t have to take it or believe me.
Remove Ulster University from your Uk plans.

Reasons.
1. The main University will not regard you as a student all through your studies meaning you will not have any feeling of being in a University. It’s going to feel more like you are doing a professional course lesson.

2. They block your account if you cannot pay up fees and you would be threatened with UKVI, trust me you might not be able to handle that with essays everywhere.

3. You might not have a graduation ceremony. Boys graduating now are told the earliest their graduation can be is December 2024. So all that gown and throwing of cap no go dey.

4. At this University, you really don’t have a break within semesters to work full-time, I don’t know why. They wouldn’t give you letter so you working full time is at your own risk lol.

5. Lecturers do not come to class. There was a semester, we started a course 5 weeks into the semester. This is a paid program Ooh.

6. Compliance Team might most likely reject your request if you want to travel, holiday or going to your home country lol, isn’t that funny

7. Lastly, if you think you know book like some of us and you come here, just dead the idea that you will score 86 and above.

If you doubt anything I said, kindly reach out to “any other person” studying at Ulster University Birmingham/London

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by jesmond3945: 4:39pm On Jul 20, 2023
Hi Fam, anyone currently living in hertfordshire?
I need to get in touch with you.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Aquadude16: 5:23am On Aug 08, 2023
My cousin (female) just got her student visa to a school in Essex, UK
Kindly recommend if you you need or know of any lady that would need a female roommate as the school hostel is filled up.
Please quote me as my DM doesn't work
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kalinka0588: 3:29pm On Aug 19, 2023
Who can tell me where to find accommodation in Liverpool for a couple of future students? smiley
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by samflex(m): 7:32pm On Aug 20, 2023
Please, I'll be going to sunderland September, I need a place to stay for a while.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Udelicate(f): 12:21pm On Aug 27, 2023
Hello, were you able to get accommodation in Liverpool? I'm in dire need of one. Please do reply
skankhunt101:
Hello everyone, I will be relocating to The UK early next month. Pls any link to an affordable accommodation in Liverpool?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by skankhunt101: 12:48pm On Aug 27, 2023
Udelicate:
Hello, were you able to get accommodation in Liverpool? I'm in dire need of one. Please do reply

Yes got a place but i’m still looking for something better

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HolyBISHOP23: 12:27pm On Aug 30, 2023
Hello Nigerians in Sussex university,
Pls I wish to get connected to Nigerians in Sussex university...I have an offer in Sussex and I will be enrolling by next month...thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by headofschool: 3:21pm On Aug 31, 2023
Do they usually allow couple in a shared(house share) apartment?

Secondly, pls help a brother, I need accommodation in Lincoln or in the whole of Lincolnshire. Just me and my wife...very urgent
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ojide25: 6:01am On Sep 02, 2023
Please,any one need a male roommate in Aberdeen Scotland RGU and environment please contact me on ojide25@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by CamelCase: 10:25pm On Sep 19, 2023
ojide25:
Please,any one need a male roommate in Aberdeen Scotland RGU and environment please contact me on ojide25@yahoo.com

Hi have you gotten a roommate?
A friend of mine just got Scotland(university of sterling and needs one too)
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by boleswagg: 7:56am On Sep 20, 2023
Please anyone in queen margaret university I need accommodation. I eed accommodation 2 bedroom in Edinburgh or anywhere close Please any nigeria wasap chat group you can introduce me to 🙏
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Emezro007: 10:02am On Sep 20, 2023
justwise:
Share your surviving tips here. . .

-How did you get your part-time job . .

-Cheap student accommodation . .

-How do you call home cheaply . .

Ask your questions here and if there is something missing on the list then suggest and it will be added.
It's not easy, getting jobs and even accommodation. Anyone here knows or has a housing agent in Stirling should please link me up.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by jesmond3945: 10:37am On Sep 20, 2023
boleswagg:
Please anyone in queen margaret university I need accommodation. I eed accommodation 2 bedroom in Edinburgh or anywhere close Please any nigeria wasap chat group you can introduce me to 🙏
my inlaw would be staying in newcastle.

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.