Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (814068 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 5:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
Kayusfity: Abeg can I marry a uk citizen within 6months and claim citizenship within few years??

Take this discussion to Romance, this is not sham marriage thread.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
justwise:

Take this discussion to Romance, this is not sham marriage thread.

Don't mind him o ! undecided
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by bebe2(f): 7:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
Kayusfity: divorce is not an option. Pls shed more light on benefits of real marriages to uk citizens. Thanks

why are beating around d bush?

is it bad to look before u u leap??

benefits: u will eventually get a passport.

if she born for u alone, u don hammer be dat, dem no fit deport u becos ur pikin na
citizen, and they can not deprive u of ur child and ur childs mum will not release
the child for you to take to africa.

the child and mum will get state benefit depending on their financial status.

my brother calculate before u jumpin. cool
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by gabbytabby: 11:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
bebe2:

why are beating around d bush?

is it bad to look before u u leap??

benefits: u will eventually get a passport.

if she born for u alone, u don hammer be dat, dem no fit deport u becos ur pikin na
citizen, and they can not deprive u of ur child and ur childs mum will not release
the child for you to take to africa.

the child and mum will get state benefit depending on their financial status.

my brother calculate before u jumpin. cool

Him think say him smart na him type them dey slap for face like play grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by coogar: 11:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
Kayusfity: Abeg can I marry a uk citizen within 6months and claim citizenship within few years??

yes, you can.....
just do it the legit way. if you want to remain in britain, love a british woman with all your heart & take her to court for your wedding.

you would get a spousal visa about 4 weeks later & you now have to wait 5 years(it used to be 2 years - no thanks to some fools that defrauded the system in thousands of sham marriages) before that visa qualifies you for ILR(indefinite leave to remain) - a green card equivalent in the US.

just so you know, your spousal visa can let you work, travel out of the UK & back as you please as long as you don't spend more than 90 days consecutively out of the UK. just do your thing the legit way & you should be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 30, 2013
coogar:

yes, you can.....
just do it the legit way. if you want to remain in britain, love a british woman with all your heart & take her to court for your wedding.

you would get a spousal visa about 4 weeks later & you now have to wait 5 years(it used to be 2 years - no thanks to some fools that defrauded the system in thousands of sham marriages) before that visa qualifies you for ILR(indefinite leave to remain) - a green card equivalent in the US.

just so you know, your spousal visa can let you work, travel out of the UK & back as you please as long as you don't spend more than 90 days consecutively out of the UK. just do your thing the legit way & you should be fine.

THANKS BRO. You're very helpfull. Unlike Adaobi who's dictating who i will marry to me undecided i will still seek further info on the possibilities of taking my kids to africa before marrying a british.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by negal(f): 7:56am On Nov 30, 2013
Please btwn Birmingham City University and Coventry Uni (London Campus) which is better for an MBA
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 30, 2013
undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by mayo47(m): 10:04am On Nov 30, 2013
negal: Please btwn Birmingham City University and Coventry Uni (London Campus) which is better for an MBA
There's no much difference between both uni, they are kinda in same category. Well I think Coventry better, I want to assume u got some sort of accommodation in London, if not stay away from london due to high living cost go to Coventry main campus for your program.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 30, 2013
adaobi123: undecided undecided undecided

tongue
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
Haba a spousal visa in 4weeks ke!!
When he wants to arrive in the UK on a visiting visa or student visa - there is no way he'll get that in 4weeks

Dem still dey deport ppl who try am or they wait months upto a year cos home office is suspicious of their motives

it took my relative one year to get hers and she married her hubby with full on ceremony in nigeria then she came here for post grad studies. In fact her student visa don expire by the time they returned her passport. She couldnot work parttime cos her passport was with them(hubby had to submit his as well).Even her university sef no gree give her internship cos her passport was not available - na fight she fight oh cos internship was part of her course.
Obviously kayus only wants to hear the good abi not the bad and the ugly. Don't allow other people's experience of 10 years ago make you think its the same now - UK immigration has changed, season has changed. Go canada or australia jeje better opportunities post study and cheaper living expenses.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
Who is this guy fooling ? Like seriously ? undecided
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by coogar: 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2013
salsera: Haba a spousal visa in 4weeks ke!!
When he wants to arrive in the UK on a visiting visa or student visa - there is no way he'll get that in 4weeks

Dem still dey deport ppl who try am or they wait months upto a year cos home office is suspicious of their motives

it took my relative one year to get hers and she married her hubby with full on ceremony in nigeria then she came here for post grad studies. In fact her student visa don expire by the time they returned her passport. She couldnot work parttime cos her passport was with them(hubby had to submit his as well).Even her university sef no gree give her internship cos her passport was not available - na fight she fight oh cos internship was part of her course.
Obviously kayus only wants to hear the good abi not the bad and the ugly. Don't allow other people's experience of 10 years ago make you think its the same now - UK immigration has changed, season has changed. Go canada or australia jeje better opportunities post study and cheaper living expenses.

wait a minute - is kayus a student in the UK or a visitor? if he's a visitor - he should stay where he is & invite his girlfriend to nigeria for the wedding.

if he comes here hoping to marry with a visitor's visa, then a medium term prison sentence awaits him. i gave the advice on the premise that he's a legitimate student in the UK.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 2:42pm On Nov 30, 2013
Kayusfity:

If I marry legitimately how long will it take me? Going to london next year

coogar:

wait a minute - is kayus a student in the UK or a visitor? if he's a visitor - he should stay where he is & invite his girlfriend to nigeria for the wedding.

if he comes here hoping to marry with a visitor's visa, then a medium term prison sentence awaits him. i gave the advice on the premise that he's a legitimate student in the UK.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2013
adaobi123: Who is this guy fooling ? Like seriously ? undecided

why u dey tackle me for this thread? Are u jealous of the fact that I chose to marry a British

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 30, 2013
Kayusfity:

why u dey tackle me for this thread? Are u jealous of the fact that I chose to marry a British

Me ? Jealous of you ? Abeg undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 11:16pm On Nov 30, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 10:34am On Dec 01, 2013
Kayusfity:

Please let this be your last post on this sham marriage topic here, anymore of such post will attract a ban.

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by 735i(m): 4:57pm On Dec 01, 2013
Okay so i went to the club on Friday with some other Africans...and i got to appreciate the reason why white girls love black men. In the VIP section there are three tables; 2 of which were occupied by blacks; (in fact 80% Naija boys....) and the tables had swag!!!
It was the normal club setting....hip hop and all....until Oliver Twist ripped through the speakers...
Omo see Naija boys and gyration...It was impressive!!!. Before the track finished; 3 of my boys done dey rock Oyibo chicks....one was even kissing on the dance floor...and after that we no see the boy again....
Na for morning wey boyz come dey control each other to make sure say everybody dey okay...
The Zimbabwean chick wey i "take away" come dey chat me; "OMG... last night was awesome we must do it again sometime soon"
I just dey respond with "LOL"
See mumu.... make i spend my money again "soon" abi? undecided undecided
For her mind now she done see maga angry angry
angry angryNonsense angry angry

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 01, 2013
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by abbakacici: 8:27pm On Dec 01, 2013
mayo47:
There's no much difference between both uni, they are kinda in same category. Well I think Coventry better, I want to assume u got some sort of accommodation in London, if not stay away from london due to high living cost go to Coventry main campus for your program.
coventry is better because based on my personal observation am not sure, coventry will 1st to 4th in terms of number of nigerian student, so you will not be home sick, because even if you have other races as friends (white, china or indians) is less likely for you to have more then 2 things in common, for example you can have a white friend that the only thing you have in common is going to church or drinking , or going to club, so it will really helpful to have nigerians around, as less if you love nigerian politic we have people you ague with about it, or people you watch premier league match with. because most uni don't have a viewing centre, and the only bar close by may be hull city fan bar, so i don't think any nigerian will walk for like 20 mins and buy bar for like 1 pounds or 2 just to watch hull vs sweansea

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 02, 2013
adaobi123: grin grin

whats funny
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 02, 2013
Kayusfity:

whats funny

735 i:
Okay so i went to the club on Friday with some other Africans...and i got to appreciate the reason why white girls love black men. In the VIP section there are three tables; 2 of which were occupied by blacks; (in fact 80% Naija boys....) and the tables had swag!!!
It was the normal club setting....hip hop and all....until Oliver Twist ripped through the speakers...
Omo see Naija boys and gyration...It was impressive!!!. Before the track finished; 3 of my boys done dey rock Oyibo chicks....one was even kissing on the dance floor...and after that we no see the boy again....
Na for morning wey boyz come dey control each other to make sure say everybody dey okay...
The Zimbabwean chick wey i "take away" come dey chat me; "OMG... last night was awesome we must do it again sometime soon"
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by jaynekari: 11:13am On Dec 02, 2013
danny4sure: Pls guys, how can one make payment of tuition fee from a gtb savings account? If any1 knows other means to transfer tuition fee to a UK university account pls help. Any university of salford or coventry university students for january 2014 intake?
hello iam for salford but march intake, Wadup, have u made up your mind on choice of school
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by bebe2(f): 11:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
It baffles me dat pple still use GTB to pay their school fees.

There are lots of companies here in the UK dat will pay it for u for far cheaper rates. Companies dat have been established for years. Ur £12,000 is unlikely to Make dem risk prosecution and losing their reputation.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by coogar: 11:13am On Dec 03, 2013
735 i:

i hate incomplete stories - did you hit the mugabe chic? if you didn't then you are perhaps a maga. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by 735i(m): 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2013
coogar:

i hate incomplete stories - did you hit the mugabe chic? if you didn't then you are perhaps a maga. grin

Are you a learner?
I said she was a "take away".
Please what do you do with "take away" when you get to your house? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ochukoccna: 7:30pm On Dec 03, 2013
bebe2: It baffles me dat pple still use GTB to pay their school fees.

There are lots of companies here in the UK dat will pay it for u for far cheaper rates. Companies dat have been established for years. Ur £12,000 is unlikely to Make dem risk prosecution and losing their reputation.
Advertise them and yourself to if that is what your company does
I had to open a GTB dorm acct do pay my own fees too
Now its in Naija gathering dust for now embarassed embarassed
I looked for alternatives before paying but nada
Also ,many are scared of committing hard earned funds to unknown entities

Kayusfity:

British abi Briton? undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (213) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.