Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (810679 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by 3sha4lyf: 11:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
spikesC:

Quite good.
They left for Casablanca 10 minutes before take off and reached 20 minutes before arrival time.
They left for Heathrow 15 minutes past departure time and reached 5 minutes before arrival time.

They served tea/coffee from Nigeria to casablanca embarassed
And one kind poison from Casablanca to Heathrow angry
I didn't even dare to eat the food served grin
Though took a can of coke and one kinda kpuff from Casablanca to Heathrow

You'll not find good food in Casablanca, so you better fill up in Nigeria.
The stores that sell edible snacks wey fit hold belle doesn't accept payment cards and they spend Euro

The air hostesses do not speak English, atleast not very well, and ignorantly, they expect you to understand Arabic.
But they have beautiful legs wink

I slept through out the whole flights' duration though.

Remember to have something for your ears.
They will circle Heathrow for around 15 minutes and you'll wish the pilot would just nose dive the damn plane angry

Chewing gum didn't work for me and swallowing saliva made the pain worse.
Stroking the back of my ear actually reduced it very well. My brother said you should get ear muffs to put into your ear

Very close to Heathrow, they would display a blue card whilst speaking Arabic angry
Just take the damn card from them if you are on Tier-4 visa, cos you would need to fill it and submit at POE
But if you missed it, don't worry, they would give it to you at POE.
Have your CAS letter handy, and ofcourse, your passport.
At POE while submitting those, they would ask what you came to do in the UK (Yeah i know, it's silly)
The name of your school and the address of your campus.

If someone would pick you up at Heathrow, you better load credit on your phone to call them.
The free wifi at Heathrow didn't work.
There is also charging spots on the building pillars, so you should have your charger close in case your phone is down.

You gotta be kidding me. Was it a free flight? Tea and coffee only? How many hours?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 11:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
spikesC:

Quite good.
They left for Casablanca 10 minutes before take off and reached 20 minutes before arrival time.
They left for Heathrow 15 minutes past departure time and reached 5 minutes before arrival time.

They served tea/coffee from Nigeria to casablanca embarassed
And one kind poison from Casablanca to Heathrow angry
I didn't even dare to eat the food served grin
Though took a can of coke and one kinda kpuff from Casablanca to Heathrow

You'll not find good food in Casablanca, so you better fill up in Nigeria.
The stores that sell edible snacks wey fit hold belle doesn't accept payment cards and they spend Euro

The air hostesses do not speak English, atleast not very well, and ignorantly, they expect you to understand Arabic.
But they have beautiful legs wink

I slept through out the whole flights' duration though.

Remember to have something for your ears.
They will circle Heathrow for around 15 minutes and you'll wish the pilot would just nose dive the damn plane angry

Chewing gum didn't work for me and swallowing saliva made the pain worse.
Stroking the back of my ear actually reduced it very well. My brother said you should get ear muffs to put into your ear

Very close to Heathrow, they would display a blue card whilst speaking Arabic angry
Just take the damn card from them if you are on Tier-4 visa, cos you would need to fill it and submit at POE
But if you missed it, don't worry, they would give it to you at POE.
Have your CAS letter handy, and ofcourse, your passport.
At POE while submitting those, they would ask what you came to do in the UK (Yeah i know, it's silly)
The name of your school and the address of your campus.

If someone would pick you up at Heathrow, you better load credit on your phone to call them.
The free wifi at Heathrow didn't work.
There is also charging spots on the building pillars, so you should have your charger close in case your phone is down.

What a concise and rib-cracking review. grin cheesy I'm still cracked up I swear Lol!

Chai the bolded part about beautiful legs can get me understanding any language including Arabic! shocked Seems we have eye for same feminine configuration wink

Thanks so much for this, I can now consider using them again instead of sticking with Arik only. My bias against them stemmed from negative reviews online about missing luggage or you arriving and finding out your luggage is to come with an entirely different flight! Afraid catch me for that one ah.

Money wey I go take book Arik one way go reach me book royal air maroc return grin Eshe!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 11:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
3sha4lyf:

You gotta be kidding me. Was it a free flight? Tea and coffee only? How many hours?

My dear if saving over $400+ in cost of tickets means me starving for 12hrs no problem at all in fact my pastor said "Air-fasting" is more efficient cos you are closer to God up there grin grin

Once I land I use vex carry $50 enter Nandos inside Heathrow there chop till I quench!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
cool
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 1:55am On Aug 28, 2014
3sha4lyf:

With biscuits grin

4hrs, 30 mins

The hostess woke me up from my beautiful sleep.
I looked at the trolley, looked at her and just closed my eyes.
Na who want drink Arabian poison that early morning grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 1:57am On Aug 28, 2014
milychocs: cool

Nwa 042, when are you coming over grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by 3sha4lyf: 2:02am On Aug 28, 2014
spikesC:

With biscuits grin

4hrs, 30 mins

The hostess woke me up from my beautiful sleep.
I looked at the trolley, looked at her and just closed my eyes.
Na who want drink Arabian poison that early morning grin

Chai. It's not fair oooo. Tea coffee n biscuits for a 4hrs30mins flight? Hmmm... Guess I should stop hating on Aero contractors that offers cake and orange juice for a 45 mins flight. smiley

Thank God for your safe arrival al d same

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 2:07am On Aug 28, 2014
HudsonBanks:

What a concise and rib-cracking review. grin cheesy I'm still cracked up I swear Lol!

Chai the bolded part about beautiful legs can get me understanding any language including Arabic! shocked Seems we have eye for same feminine configuration wink

Thanks so much for this, I can now consider using them again instead of sticking with Arik only. My bias against them stemmed from negative reviews online about missing luggage or you arriving and finding out your luggage is to come with an entirely different flight! Afraid catch me for that one ah.

Money wey I go take book Arik one way go reach me book royal air maroc return grin Eshe!

Man, the chics where mmuaah kiss kiss
I actually considered forfeiting the next flight to Heathrow grin
Now all i see here are either too red, too white or both embarassed embarassed sad

I didn't experience that. My bags where tagged with my flight and they all came in on time.

At baggage collection to arrivals, i was not even searched. It was like no one was at work that period.
With all my food stuffs and 2 liters of original ogbonge honey grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 2:08am On Aug 28, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Chai. It's not fair oooo. Tea coffee n biscuits for a 4hrs30mins flight? Hmmm... Guess I should stop hating on Aero contractors that offers cake and orange juice for a 45 mins flight. smiley

Thank God for your safe arrival al d same

I would have preferred the cake and orange juice.

Thanks cool
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Frangbon: 11:55am On Aug 28, 2014
So for sanity, it's advisable one carries in their hand luggage their own in-flight entertainment(with popcorn) and some snack if one opts for Royal Maroc

spikesC:

I would have preferred the cake and orange juice.

Thanks cool
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by paradisewoods: 1:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
Please guys do you have access to free medical care in the UK as a student. Please I am planning of doing full body check up when I get there. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 1:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
paradisewoods: Please guys do you have access to free medical care in the UK as a student. Please I am planning of doing full body check up when I get there. Thanks

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin NHS!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 1:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
Frangbon: So for sanity, it's advisable one carries in their hand luggage their own in-flight entertainment(with popcorn) and some snack if one opts for Royal Maroc

Yeah, i took a pack of fries i bought in Casablanca into the final flight.
But note that you're not allowed to have in liquids in your hand luggage.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 2:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
justwise: [/b]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin NHS!!!!!!!

He want's to check for all the possible nyama nyama grin
NHS is a blessing jooor cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 2:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
spikesC:

He want's to check for all the possible nyama nyama grin
NHS is a blessing jooor cheesy

D guy wan get his school fees back through health care grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 2:45pm On Aug 28, 2014
justwise:

D guy wan get his school fees back through health care grin grin

Any way na way grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
spikesC:

Nwa 042, when are you coming over grin

grin
On the 7th
Now I cannot get enough of 042...

So much so that I will come back for road block...
SMH
Anyway, nodu ofuma, till we all get there
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ocheejemb: 4:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
paradisewoods: Please guys do you have access to free medical care in the UK as a student. Please I am planning of doing full body check up when I get there. Thanks

Yes its free but that's not to say you can just walk in any hospital and get a checkup like Naija. You'd need to register with and book an appointment with your GP and explain why you want a checkup etc.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by nuelnuel: 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
Please share your Experience with Ecobank MasterCard. Is it reliable for use in the UK?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 5:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
milychocs:
grin
On the 7th
Now I cannot get enough of 042...

So much so that I will come back for road block...
SMH
Anyway, nodu ofuma, till we all get there

Yeah. Road bock is now boring though.
The first one was the bomb, though i missed it.
Others where, just, there

Safe flight

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kingsilly(m): 6:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
spikesC: Lets go to Mobile sad

Any suggestion?

I would like unlimited data or least 4GB
Any amount of text
500 minutes or more

But my main interest is the data

Sim only or s4 with great price grin
http://www.savethestudent.org/mobile-phone-student-deals
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Frangbon: 9:34am On Aug 29, 2014
Did a tour of banks this morning
Fidelity has the best buying rates at 273.48
Diamond has the best selling rates at 271

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 11:40am On Aug 29, 2014
Frangbon: Did a tour of banks this morning
Fidelity has the best buying rates at 273.48
Diamond has the best selling rates at 271

Do banks still sell?

Yeah, fidelity had the best rates when i checked.
The guy on the phone told me i can change without having an account with them, but when i got there it was the opposite.

Firstbank on the other hand didn't even have one single pound in the whole of Lagos. Even at there main branch.
One other policy they started is;
You must have a Naira account with them to change because they would not accept cash.
If the Naira account has a mastercard or visa, they would not sell to you because you should use the card in the UK.

The funny part is, if the account doesn't have the cards, they would issue you the card on the spot grin
So, logically, First bank ain't selling no foreign currency any more

GTbank on the other hand has stopped any form of PTA or BTA

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Bambamzzzz: 12:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
My oga's wey dey here please what are the things i should be prepared for at the POE because i just got my visa and am coming in 7days pls advise

PLEASE SAY SOMETHING TO THIS

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by mhoreh: 2:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
Bambamzzzz: My oga's wey dey here please what are the things i should be prepared for at the POE because i just got my visa and am coming in 7days pls advise

eheh baba don sharply port come stage 2, diaris God oooo with all dis questions you people re asking wen some people 28days neva reach
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Bambamzzzz: 4:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
mhoreh:

eheh baba don sharply port come stage 2, diaris God oooo with all dis questions you people re asking wen some people 28days neva reach

lol, na turn by turn oh so cool down bcuz ur own time dey come too
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Emmagency(m): 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
Oga Spike....which bank did you do your pounds PTA transaction?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Bambamzzzz: 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
Bambamzzzz: My oga's wey dey here please what are the things i should be prepared for at the POE because i just got my visa and am coming in 7days pls advise

PLEASE SAY SOMETHING TO THIS
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 7:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
Emmagency: Oga Spike....which bank did you do your pounds PTA transaction?

None.
I just traveled with my mastercards and transferred my pounds to my brother's UK account.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nicur: 8:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
Please i will like to know the cheapest ticket price from Nigeria to Newcastle Uk and which airline to use or in summary the travel cost from Nigeria to Uk thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by worry359(m): 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
Nicur: Please i will like to know the cheapest ticket price from Nigeria to Newcastle Uk and which airline to use or in summary the travel cost from Nigeria to Uk thanks.
Just type your question into Google.
You will get plenty of answers.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Bambamzzzz: 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
spikesC:

None.
I just traveled with my mastercards and transferred my pounds to my brother's UK account.

@ spikesC pls what address did you fill on the landing card and what are the things i should be prepared for at the POE? please say something my oga @ the top

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.