Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force (20284 Views)

FG Appoints Pwc As Growth And Employment Project Administrator / FG Appoints Ladan, Director Of DPR / Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by BigB11(m): 6:55pm On Feb 07, 2012
Ribadu will never reject any position that makes him important. The dude wants power more than anything else.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by lookmangiw(m): 6:59pm On Feb 07, 2012
I thought mallam nuhu ribadu was a member of action of congress of nigeria as at april last year, as he cross carpet( though thats what they know how to do best). I dont see any re4ason why mallam nuhu ribadu and olisa agbakoba should accept this post. i used to know them as a fore-runner in PDP's criticism and opposition.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by sirp2007: 6:59pm On Feb 07, 2012
Mayflowa:

Who said? Over 70% of Nigeria corruption is in the petroleum sector. What else contribute substantially to your country's GDP. Being a subset of the larger economy, Nihu Ribadu should not have any excuse not to succeed.
If he fail us here, He would ever be a failure

sir,corruption need to be dealt with wholistically not in bit,we shouldnt be carried away by recency factor.Fed govt is still recovering 4rm subsidy palaval hence tis committee.wht happened 2 d corrupt officers in other sectors?
l beg 2 disgree tht 70% of nig corruption is in d petroleum sector, corruption is evenly spread in all segment of d country.As for d contribution to GDP,if corruption is fought in its entirety other sector (ESP POWER,SECURITY,& FINANCIAL INST)will come to life and contribute well to our GDP.
Besides after tis TF finish wth their work who will prosecute the allege corrupt cabal?is it d inept EFCC Waziri left behind?
What wrong wth Olisa heading tis task force and Ribadu drafted to EFCC?
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Dede1(m): 6:59pm On Feb 07, 2012
@POST

This is another official money sharing technique. Nigeria is a hell hole.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by lookmangiw(m): 7:01pm On Feb 07, 2012
I thought mallam nuhu ribadu was a member of action of congress of nigeria as at april last year, as he cross carpet( though thats what they know how to do best). I dont see any reason why mallam nuhu ribadu and olisa agbakoba should accept this post. i used to know them as a fore-runner in PDP's criticism and opposition.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 07, 2012
Ribadu must Reject This Offer!

He must vehemently reject this rubbish with a Message. Imposicant!

Any association with GEJ stinks, it corrupts. The man is not sincere, this is a spin by his shady double faced advisers.

Olisa Agbakoba must reject it too.

Mr President when you start paying for your fuel and paying for your own housing then we can come and discuss.

The ongoing probe hasnt yet finished of which we know nothing will come out of it, then this.

What nonsense!

Ribadu must reject this if he hopes to become Nigeria's President in 2015.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by 989900: 7:05pm On Feb 07, 2012
Ribadu and Agbakoba. . ."known devils" and I support this.

Can anyone give us names of the "unknown angels" that would have been better nominees for this sensitive task?
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Kobojunkie: 7:05pm On Feb 07, 2012
realborn:

IMO, Nuhu shld reject this appointment. This team will only add to the cost of running govt and further add to the moribund MDAs - Ministry of Petroleum, NNPC, PPRA, PPMC etc, messing up the Petroleum resources. What is required is an outright sanitization of the sector with some culpable culprits brought to book.

abi!!! Who knows how many task forces we get now to do duplicate work for which we already pay one ministry/committee/agency or another  for?
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by 989900: 7:08pm On Feb 07, 2012
Ribadu and Agbakoba. . ."known devils" and I support this.

Can anyone give us names of the "unknown angels" that would have been better nominees for this sensitive task?
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by maasoap(m): 7:12pm On Feb 07, 2012
Okay, how does this affect masses positively or better still, directly? This is not a head of EFCC, DPR, PPPRA, NNPC or Minister of Petroleum Resources that will allow him to work to reduce corruption in these agencies or corporation. This is only a head of Task Force that will prevent oil companies from evading taxes and royalties, and consequently more money to the purse of corrupt govt officials. I'm not saying tax evading companies should be allowed to continue in their old way, but Ribadu could be better deployed to where many Nigerians wanted him to be deployed. This administration is definitely not ready to fight corruption within its fold, but only wants more money to be embezzled. This is not a cheering news for me. No!
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:13pm On Feb 07, 2012
As long as there is an infrastructure that is supported by the constitution and sustained by constant monitoring, it will ultimately fail. but it is a good start, all we need is the support (buy-in) of FG/Stakeholders at all levels otherwise it will be undermined from within. More importantly, it requires GEJ to have a strong Political Will to endorse recommendations and penalize infractions accordingly -- Hope this is not just another pipe dream undecided
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Nigerd(m): 7:14pm On Feb 07, 2012
FOR AS MUCH NATURALLY HE WANT GOOD FOR THIS NATION,

HE SHOULD PLAY HIS PAR TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE NATION, BY ACCEPTING THE OFFER,

GOOD MOVE GEJ
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by tampa1871: 7:23pm On Feb 07, 2012
Niger_d:

FOR AS MUCH NATURALLY HE WANT GOOD FOR THIS NATION,

HE SHOULD PLAY HIS PAR TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE NATION,  BY ACCEPTING THE OFFER,

GOOD MOVE GEJ
Well said and thank you, those saying Ribadu should not accept the position are very myopic and will always be negative no matter what, they are the first to cry foul even when good things are happening. Let the man go there and clean out the place.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Beaf: 7:26pm On Feb 07, 2012
[size=33pt]Fresh Air!!![/size] cool cool cool
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by jmaine: 7:27pm On Feb 07, 2012
interesting
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Beaf: 7:28pm On Feb 07, 2012
Send a wikid cop after the cabal, thats how its done.
. . .A man like Agbakoba? Case phuk'n closed! cool cool cool
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by 9jvirgin(m): 7:31pm On Feb 07, 2012
What a nice way to silence critics, they did it for Tai Solarin (People's bank), Wole Soyinka (FRSC), Reuben Abati (PSM), Esele (PAB). Bring them on board and they will keep shut. Can anybody see that there is no more opposition. Chaii
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by ekwynwa: 7:38pm On Feb 07, 2012
unbelievable grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by clip: 7:48pm On Feb 07, 2012
Will the President gives him all the support/backing to reduce corrupting in the petroleum sector?
Personal view: I dont think so
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by cycline404(m): 7:50pm On Feb 07, 2012
Make we dey looku and laughu, Fela,
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by aurenflani: 7:52pm On Feb 07, 2012
good move. ribadu check defaulters & gej pls appoint buhari as head of BUDGET IMPLEMENTATION TASK FORCE FOR FGN, STATES & LOCAL GOVTS.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 07, 2012
No dull moment for naija. I can't stop laughing. Naija I dey hail ooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by pedestal82(m): 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2012
Is that not Itua Ighodalo, former Pastor of RCCG, and friend/classmate to Sanusi.?
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by ollyruffy: 8:11pm On Feb 07, 2012
Ok. We are watching. We need results. Period.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by eros(m): 8:13pm On Feb 07, 2012
Odechukwu is finally listening to good advise. He can do better by placing these men in offices that they can operate with more power to control and lock up offenders without going through him.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by efisher(m): 8:18pm On Feb 07, 2012
All who voted GEJ please stand up! Sai GEJ.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Aringarosa(m): 8:19pm On Feb 07, 2012
I did told friends that Ribadu presidencial stuff was then part of pdp plan to prevent the coalition of cpc and acn, now it is manifesting.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by knick(m): 8:24pm On Feb 07, 2012
Not bad.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Reference(m): 8:29pm On Feb 07, 2012
Well, well, well, what can I say. smiley smiley smiley For now, nothing.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 07, 2012
consultants:

DO YOU WISH TO WORK IN QATAR IS YOUR OPPORTUNTY,AM AN AGENT FROM THE QATAR COMPANY,WE NEED 10,000 MAN POWER TO WORK WITH US UNGENLY.THE QATAR CONSTRUCTION COMPANY ARE HERE IN NIGERIA IN SEARCH OF MANPOWER TO WORK WITH THEM WITH HIGH PAYMENT ATRACTIVE SALARY. CALL

MOD WHAT ARE YOU GUYS GONNA DO ABOUT THIS SCAMMER!
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by omoijoba1: 8:33pm On Feb 07, 2012
Right step in the right direction, i only hope the c'mttee would not be encumbered with all manners of political interference,

Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 07, 2012
Nigerians will always complain.
Nigerians: We need people like Ribadu in government.
He's in government now, but dem still dey complain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

$1.5bn Channel Management, INTELS Contracts Pitted Amaechi Against Hadiza Usman / Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US / 70 Christians Massacred In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.