Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force (20287 Views)

FG Appoints Pwc As Growth And Employment Project Administrator / FG Appoints Ladan, Director Of DPR / Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Feb 07, 2012
^^^ No he is not in government. He is simply serving as a member of a Task force. na wa ooo!!
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by nsiadi: 8:44pm On Feb 07, 2012
Its okay
Olisa has been compensated for talking loudly
I hope Ribadu, with all his taunts, wont be another Tai Solarin & Peoples bank in the making
Lets give Maria T B Bakare Sokenu something too
I hope Farouk Lawan has a representative there
That way complaints will be checked

Wait----the Cabals will now unearth the sins of Ribadu & we hear they are numerous
Like the house he bought for N200,000,000 which his inlaw, d prof, claimed he dashed him
Whats d worth of house where d prof is living?
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Marlboro1: 8:48pm On Feb 07, 2012
Great job Mr President. Please find something similar for El Rufai too. These guys are well deserving of any position needing people that are tested and fearless. Although I appreciate this move, but do we really need 17 people to do the job?
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by snthesis(m): 8:52pm On Feb 07, 2012
those clamouring for Ribadu and Olisa not to accept the posts are really myopic- those guys are the perfect candidates for the job, they have screamed blue murder against the current govt and now have the power to set things straight, if they fall into temptation and fail to sanitize the industry, it will be totally on there conscience. angry angry angry
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by andresia(m): 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2012
Na wah o! I wonder what is wrong with nigerians shocked? have you suddenly forgot that this is the man who couldnt nail any corrupt governor except baba iyabo's enemy? this same man who fraternized with tinubu after saying his (tinubu's) corruption case is of international dimension only to turn back and denied same? what is credible about this guy called Ribadu? no wonder he denied investigating Patience Goodluck angry. Nigeria still has a long way to go if people could come on this forum and hail such appointment
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 07, 2012
Kobojunkie:

^^^ No he is not in government. He is simply serving as a member of a Task force. na wa ooo!!
dear madam
He is the chairman of the taskforce; the president delegated governmental authority to him. He is part of the government now, whether you like it or not
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Fhemmmy: 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2012
I love this politics . . .
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by peckhamboi: 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2012
Ribadu is going the same way as Abati. What a shame.  sad sad sad
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by oatlala(m): 9:08pm On Feb 07, 2012
Is this actually a good move by Joe boy? 4 SAN hmmmmm, kashimawo
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Feb 07, 2012
J12:

dear madam
He is the chairman of the taskforce; the president delegated governmental authority to him. He is part of the government now, whether you like it or not

A Task force only have the particular authorities given them. In some cases, a Task force is merely a group called in to investigate a particular situation. It has no power but the power it is authorized  to have for any given period. This is NOT Government. More like a contract group brought in to see to a situation.

No be this same country we get task force wey complain say government officers no wan give them access to information wey go help them carry out their investigation at one point?
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by efisher(m): 9:10pm On Feb 07, 2012
Nigerians! Nigerians!! Nigerians!!! How many times did I call your "names"

You have been asking for men like Ribadu. Now you have him and you say he is going the way of Abati! Do you really want Nigeria to move forward or you just hate GEJ blindly for no reason. I bow unto una ooo.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by jmaine: 9:16pm On Feb 07, 2012
efisher:

Nigerians! Nigerians!! Nigerians!!! How many times did I call your "names"

You have been asking for men like Ribadu. Now you have him and you say he is going the way of Abati! Do you really want Nigeria to move forward or you just hate GEJ blindly for no reason. I bow unto una ooo.

You dey mind them
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Johnpaul2k2(m): 9:19pm On Feb 07, 2012
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Demdem(m): 9:29pm On Feb 07, 2012
Interesting development from the retardeen. Kudos to him.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Joshua15(m): 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2012
wat a gr8t step more best 2 commmmmmmmmm
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Beaf: 9:43pm On Feb 07, 2012
Marlboro1:

Great job Mr President. Please find something similar for El Rufai too. These guys are well deserving of any position needing people that are tested and fearless. Although I appreciate this move, but do we really need 17 people to do the job?

angry angry angry angry
Why don't you suggest that GEJ finds something for boko haram and armed robbers too?
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by PHIPEX(m): 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2012
peckhamboi:

Ribadu is going the same way as Abati. What a shame.  sad sad sad

Who would'v been better, OBJ?
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Meddler(f): 9:55pm On Feb 07, 2012
Yawn. Next story pls. Na today? Haven't we seen this before and yet nothing, nada, zilch comes out from it. Well lemme wait and hear how much is being allocated to this Task force sha. Dis one na anoda money chopping venture.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 07, 2012
Nigerians can never be satisfied sha!
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Homonide: 10:08pm On Feb 07, 2012
I sure have my opinion about Ribadu. That said, i think we should wait till he accepts/decline before making comments. Personally,i do not see any good that can come out of this jamboree. It is just a desperate attempt by Dr Jonathan's government to score cheap popularity and give the impression that it is serious with cleaning up the rot in the Petroleum sector.
We have had so many task forces and boards like this in the past and we all know how they ended. you can fool the people once, but you cannot fool them ALL THE TIME. Ribadu's response will play an important role in determining where his name will be written in the history books of Nigeria.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by babaowo: 10:16pm On Feb 07, 2012
Why 17 people Its seems like wasting of resources because FG will definitely allocate more founds to the group.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by xavier047: 10:28pm On Feb 07, 2012
As much as i want to applaud this appointments by gej, did we all take time to read carefully the responsibilities of the so called task force. There was absolutely nothing about how to get the refineries up and running,cos in doing that we will eradicate virtually all the problems in that sector and also on d long run create employment and attract geinuine investors.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by SkyRider1(m): 10:29pm On Feb 07, 2012
The Federal Govt Appoints AL Mustapha, seconded by Sgt Rogers as Special Task Strike Force to fish out all present, retired, former and would be bombers/assassins

Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by kizito96(m): 10:29pm On Feb 07, 2012
AT least we are seeing credible people in a committee for the first time, lets see how they perform
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by werepeLeri: 10:37pm On Feb 07, 2012
Now I see some people just talk for talking sake, no brain work, nothing, just the first few words that comes out from their "brain". Whether it makes sense to them or not is not the issue, just to be seen to have said something.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by millionbuc(m): 10:45pm On Feb 07, 2012
Alot of people have been calling on Nuhu Ribadu not to accept the appointment,

what do you think?

http://5slate..com/2012/02/nuhu-ribadu-appointed-to-head-petroleum.html
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by flexdee(m): 10:54pm On Feb 07, 2012
Our leaders at the helms of affairs are set of confused people, they keeping inaugurating one task force after the other while they left behind what ought to be done.

It's not all about task force upon task force, PIB should be passed into law

I still dey laugh sha! smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by JoeMosco(m): 10:57pm On Feb 07, 2012
The worst is yet to come because another committee will be set up to review the report of this task force, Well God help Nigeria
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 07, 2012
nice move
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Kobojunkie: 11:03pm On Feb 07, 2012
flexdee:

Our leaders at the helms of affairs are set of confused people, they keeping inaugurating one task force after the other while they left behind what ought to be done.

It's not all about task force upon task force, PIB should be passed into law

I still dey laugh sha! smiley smiley smiley smiley

In 2011 alone, how many Tasks forces and committees where set up for what and how many of them we don get result from? PIB no get im set of task forces and committees??  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by samguru(m): 12:21am On Feb 08, 2012
Nice move GEJ!,please don't forget me in your appointment sharing
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Pataki: 12:52am On Feb 08, 2012
Is Gbawe still on this board? I wonder what he has to say this ridiculous appointment.

Nigerians praised Goodluck for appointing Abati. . . . . Abati today, voluntarily set fire to his credibility.

Nigerians praised Goodluck for appointing Nweala. . . . . Nweala became a lying tool for Goodluck's administration.

Nigerians are again praising Goodluck for appointing Ribadu. . . . . an original PDP tool . . . . do we ever want to learn in this country! undecided

No wonder Ribadu was silent during the fuel subsidy removal saga.

No wonder the alliance between CPC and ACN never worked out.

No wonder Nigeria will continue to roll in the doldrums of deceit and lies.

As someone once said, the Nigerian government are fortunate to be presiding over a set of people who cannot think!

@AdeyanjuDeji And @Omojuwa Settle Differences -@mrfixnigeria / June 12: Tinubu Warns Against Dictatorship / Johnson Ajiboye: Court Removes Osun Monarch Appointed By Adeleke