Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,642 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. (9127 Views)

My Neighbour Has Been Crying Since Thursday, Then I Decided To Help Him(photo) / Man Sues Wife For Being Ugly, Wins Lawsuit / Tips On Finding A Wife For Single Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by chikeorji123(m): 2:15am On Feb 09, 2012
claremont:

@OP: Tell your mum that on this occasion, the decision on whom to get married to rests and abides with you alone. Gone are the days when parents choose spouses for their children. My mum knows that there are certain aspects of my life she wouldn't dare comment on i.e. my relationships, and my religious/non-religious status.

Base on the type of mother l'm dealing with,if l pass that order like that she ill misunderstand not only turned the family into PDP and AC as l said earlier,but other party outside will start registering l mean the kinsmen which l think the best option is handle it diplomatically as ~Killz~ suggested bros.
che! wahala
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by chikeorji123(m): 2:19am On Feb 09, 2012
Tosinville:

Deniyor, u dey make sense, i owe u two crates of star.

How l wish to be a partaker but the war l'm into won't allow me angry sad
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by chikeorji123(m): 2:43am On Feb 09, 2012
UPDATE!!
Been a family of six,as first son she's think is for my own good but unfair to my liken.The good news is my father and two junior ones are on my side how l wish it was the senior,no be small matter oo! especially when someone u care so much are involve which is MOTHER!!.na waa oo!.Now she decided to bounce on my father for not been on her party che!! GOD no go allow am oo. angry angry angry
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Ezeufi: 3:05am On Feb 09, 2012
This thread is not much different from that one of those who bleach their skin because their delusions of grandeur tell them that they get closer to their master, oyinbo, by becoming "white". Im not a big fan having a partner selected by parents, but that is what we are all a product of. That has been a social norm in all cultures in Africa and it seems to have worked so well. I know that there is no evidence that having your wife selected by your parents guarantee a happy marriage; neither is there any evidence that choosing your own partner guarantee such success. In fact, arranged marriage are more likely to produce stable families than self choosing partners can ever aspire to. When my dad was ordered to get married, he was 22 and his aunt was given the task of finding a wife for him. The result is our mother, and they are together, happily married since 1967.
My 2 brothers and I chose our own wives, and non of us had any success the first time around. The "shit"uation that has forced each of us to ha ve kids from different mothers. And guess what? We always blame our father for letting us nevigating our own ways and learn the brutality of dysfunctional marriage in a hard way. Some choose their own wives and end up with great success, and some far from it. So each to their own, but their is no need of denigrating our traditional ways just to impress someone that you are "educated" and now you became oyinbo.
In fact, even oyinbo, those oyinbo from aristocratic background do not choose their own wives, even today.

You are a product of arranged marriage, if not your father, then you grandfather. Respect our ways a little bit.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by dabrake(m): 3:17am On Feb 09, 2012
No doubt, males will always try to their mothers but let your mum know that extra marital affairs will be inevitable in your life should you marry who you do not love. I rest my case
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by ramalot(m): 4:17am On Feb 09, 2012
anyone without the cojonas to make it clear to his family that the choice of a wife is 100% his, does not deserve a wife, coz he is not man enough.

If you would rather succumb to a miserable marriage to please your mama, then good for you.

My opinion.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by kunyeo(m): 6:01am On Feb 09, 2012
Chikeorji,from your use of English language,your mother is probably right!
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Ezeufi: 9:57am On Feb 09, 2012
No doubt, males will always try to their mothers but let your mum know that extra marital affairs will be inevitable in your life should you marry who you do not love. I rest my case

Are you suggesting that infidelity in non existant to modern marriages where parents have not been involved in picking one's suitor?
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Connoisseur(m): 10:47pm On Feb 09, 2012
I am not a proponent of arranged marriage, buh you are so on point
Ezeufi:

This thread is not much different from that one of those who bleach their skin because their delusions of grandeur tell them that they get closer to their master, oyinbo, by becoming "white". Im not a big fan having a partner selected by parents, but that is what we are all a product of. That has been a social norm in all cultures in Africa and it seems to have worked so well. I know that there is no evidence that having your wife selected by your parents guarantee a happy marriage; neither is there any evidence that choosing your own partner guarantee such success. In fact, arranged marriage are more likely to produce stable families than self choosing partners can ever aspire to. When my dad was ordered to get married, he was 22 and his aunt was given the task of finding a wife for him. The result is our mother, and they are together, happily married since 1967.
My 2 brothers and I chose our own wives, and non of us had any success the first time around. The "poo"uation that has forced each of us to ha ve kids from different mothers. And guess what? We always blame our father for letting us nevigating our own ways and learn the brutality of dysfunctional marriage in a hard way. Some choose their own wives and end up with great success, and some far from it. So each to their own, but their is no need of denigrating our traditional ways just to impress someone that you are "educated" and now you became oyinbo.
In fact, even oyinbo, those oyinbo from aristocratic background do not choose their own wives, even today.

You are a product of arranged marriage, if not your father, then you grandfather. Respect our ways a little bit.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by chikeorji123(m): 11:32pm On Feb 09, 2012
sad sad sad sad embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

They Were Caught In Nsukka Having Sex In Car / There Is A Girl That Am Dating We Started Dating 3 Months Ago(Help) / If You Watched This Movie & Still Unmarried, My Friend Go For Deliverance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.