Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,192 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call (16132 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / Our People Don Come Again O.....GEJ Call To GMB / Open Letter To President GEJ: Call Governor T.A Orji Of Abia State To Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by Marlboro1: 7:54pm On Feb 08, 2012
Will all of you idiots yapping against the guy just shut up. Why is it that we cannot find anything good to say about people who are willing to contribute their bit in the service of our fatherland. I bet a lot of you are crooks and that is why you cant find anyone decent enough to serve. If you have nothing good to say, go do something else - like go play soccer or watch tv or go carry ashawo. Get yourself occupied and leave this forum to more serious minded folks. Damn it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by GboyegaD(m): 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2012
Marlboro1:

Will all of you idiots yapping against the guy just shut up. Why is it that we cannot find anything good to say about people who are willing to contribute their bit in the service of our fatherland. I bet a lot of you are crooks and that is why you cant find anyone decent enough to serve. If you have nothing good to say, go do something else - like go play soccer or watch tv or go carry ashawo. Get yourself occupied and leave this forum to more serious minded folks. Damn it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaks so much about you.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by temodent(m): 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2012
I think it is a very wise decision to accept the offer irrespective of his political inclination, those who are against his accepting it are not being fear to all of us. cause if all good men run away from responsibilities, then we'll have the bad guys to contend it. Ride on Mallam Nuhu Ribadu just make sure you have your integrity intact. I wish you all the best
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by hbrednic: 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2012
the more you look,the more you confuse  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by 9jvirgin(m): 8:08pm On Feb 08, 2012
You publicly accused these people as theives during your campaign election and now you want to take an appointment from a theif, you are even using grammar to rationalise your idiocy. Did I hear someone say Ribadu is honourable, honourable with double-standard; honourable my foot!!! This guy has lost it. You want to go and dine with people you labelled criminals and sent 50% to jail
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by dmainboss: 8:10pm On Feb 08, 2012
I love everything that has been happening so far. It is now crystal clear that those that have been calling for change have only been trying to gain power thru the backdoor. Now the change is happening and they are again calling for a change back to status quo. It is a disgrace. But am glad people like Ribadu are smart. He knows this administration is about to go down in history as a monumental success and he he has rightly accepted to play a key role in that process.

I told all of you that you will eat your words, didnt I? The problem with those who have been criticising in the last month is that now the government is doing some revolutionary stuff, they cant bear the shame that they have insulted the president all these while. I read Wole Soyinka's article and was impressed because, though i dont agree with all he said, he showed how you can criticize objectively with a genuine motive to move the nation forward, not engage in slander and blackmail like Bakare, El Rufai and Tam David West.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by efisher(m): 8:16pm On Feb 08, 2012
This move is like pouring acid on all d bad belle people against the GEJ administration who don't have a genuine reason for their bad belle. I dey laff ooo.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by ommo(m): 8:16pm On Feb 08, 2012
It's amusing hw people are quick to critisize. Experience has shown dat, the loudest & habitual critics are often nt ready to do anytin or ave no alternative solution to existing problems. Criticisim in it self is good 4 healthy development whn it is chaneled properly to b constructive, bt, where it bcomes negative or cynic or mixed with skeptism, then, it bcomes destructive. Nigerians supposely voted for gej to control the affairs of the nation. Gej now needs the service of a trusted & tested opposition c
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=866245.20;wap2
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by BashMe1(m): 8:17pm On Feb 08, 2012
Him Don accept am or Not? Oyinbo too plentie sef. Mufu
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by sanmiakinseye(m): 8:25pm On Feb 08, 2012
Ribadu don throway his broom inside
lagoon,bye bye ACN,wellcome to fresh air  i tink it's tym d action congress of nigeria  2 give him a serrious warnin  i pray  Ribadu will nt be among d cabalious  thiefooooooo Baba wagbacontrol
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by ASL33: 8:25pm On Feb 08, 2012
I call PDP thief now am working for PDP(A thief). How honorable am I? grin grin grin

Malborough this question is for you.

Pressman: Oga Riba, what happened to your broom?

Riba: The broom couldn't collet enoff money so i decided to try Vaccum Cleaner, is anything wrong with that.

Preesman: Not really but you told us that the vaccum cleaner is/was infected with a virus called Corruption coupled with thieves that you can sweep them away soon(b4 election). Now the vaccum cleaner has sucked you in.

Riba: (Angry Face) (wat a fuk) in hausa lingo, Look my friend if u can't beat them you join them. This is Nigeria and man must wak. Thank you.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by terrykarl(m): 8:27pm On Feb 08, 2012
going through the terms of reference of this task force,i only wonder what is the difference between it and the nigerian extractive industry transperency initiative (NEITI)set up  sometime in 2004,if this org were alive to its responsibilities,there wont be any need for this duplication of functions and the resultant waste in public fund
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by Donbrig: 8:30pm On Feb 08, 2012
This is a very wise and smart decision by Ribadu. Some Nigerians could be very unreasonable, must we abandon our country for a corrupt administration because we dont want to work with them and change things. There are so many ways we could work with opposition or our critical enemies and still achieve our goals, I so much believe Ribadu is not ignorant of that. He is a very very smart guy, I believe things will definitely take a new turn in weeks and months to come. Nigerians should be ready for the surprises ahead. RIBADU 2015.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by Soundmind(m): 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2012
May be Ribadu taught that is grammar will confuse us. I know you want to go and chop our money. Go.
PDP! Share the money.
Carry go.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by deols(f): 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2012
it is a call to service. I applaud Ribadu. his statement is a response to impending rantings as obviously displayed here.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by Novice1(m): 8:54pm On Feb 08, 2012
Arupu:

Na wa oh!dogo turenchi fr malam

Not all Malams are born equal

gaddafe:

Lets call a spade, a spade. How do you expect the public to see someone working for a govt he vehemently criticised?

Now this is why i love GEJ. He keeps appointing people with proven integrity. I just hope Nuhu Ribadu has not Fu, c ked himself up by receiving this appointment.

My brother, that is how I see it. Lets not forget in a hurry how the likes of Dora and Abati joined thegovt and transformed overnight.

And come to think of it, was Ribadu not used by the Ota Baboon to witch hunt political foes during his tenure?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by rawtruth(m): 8:55pm On Feb 08, 2012
I hope they don't use and dump him again. Beyond newspaper bravado under OBJ most of the cases he started never saw the light of the day. Some of the corrupt governors he interrogated are now senators enjoying hyper-allowances. ACN used him to hide its double facade; they dumped him for GEJ on the voting day. He might, however, wish to prove that he actually is his own person by resigning at the slightest suggestion of interference from the govt. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by ekwynwa: 8:58pm On Feb 08, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by SNCOQ3(m): 9:02pm On Feb 08, 2012
Ride on Ribadu! in spite of your (mis)adventure in politics, i still have faith in you.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by jmaine: 9:03pm On Feb 08, 2012
[size=16pt]Ribadu . . . Welcome aboard [/size] [size=16pt]The train is on a fast lane to smite all cynics to their death[/size]
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by bodejohn(m): 9:08pm On Feb 08, 2012
The crust of this matter for me is not whether Ribadu agreed to serve or not but the terms of reference of the task force. The govt is only trying to rake in more money from the oil sector. The task force is only going to ensure that oil companies drop all they are supposed to pay to govt covers, so what happens to how govt has been spending and will spend? How many times have we worried ourself by how much the govt loose due to their inefficiencies? If Ribadu performs so well in this new role, he will at best be raking in more money for the govt and they will still ship the money into foreign accounts like they have been doing and he can as well kiss his political ambition goodbye.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by ollyruffy: 9:12pm On Feb 08, 2012
Funny nigerian politics. I am not surprised Ribadu accepted the offer. We shall see.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by Kakatazz(f): 9:18pm On Feb 08, 2012
Ribadu rugba! rugba!!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by caseymoney(m): 9:26pm On Feb 08, 2012
It's simple. Ribadu is an opportunist and not a Politician. This is a national calling but being a politician, I don't expect him to accept such offer from an opposition. It's left to him and I can promise he would be frustrated like he was with EFCC. You can hunt corrupt politician but can't prosecute. So, what's the deal?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by bulksms247(m): 9:31pm On Feb 08, 2012
Hahahahahaha, de same with el rufai. Give him a job in government and he will tag it Nations Call. I no blame them after all Government Money is sweet
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by omo9ja1(m): 9:37pm On Feb 08, 2012
Nuhu! Nuhu!! Nuhu!!! how many times I call your name the dog that will lost will not hear the whistle of the owner
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by speeder(m): 9:41pm On Feb 08, 2012
Just say 'yes' or 'no'. Why d long story. Pretenders. My belle want burst. Hahahahahahahahha
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by Kabai: 9:44pm On Feb 08, 2012
I love GEJ for this singular appointment. I personally have never seen Ribadu as someone whose hands are not soiled. If Ribadu himself is not corrupt, let him proof himself here. This is one of the best appointment I have ever seen or heard of. And I think GEJ has done this to proof wrong, his critics.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by kokoA(m): 9:47pm On Feb 08, 2012
No wonder he was silent all tru d subsidy removal wahala! I'm disapointed sha,
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by SkyRider1(m): 9:55pm On Feb 08, 2012
Ribadu has long been informed about this appointment.
He did not say yes today. He is only making his acceptance speach.

Mummy's boy just got a new job. Why shouldn't he be Happy. Mark my words, he will soon throw a giant party.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by Olalekan0(m): 10:00pm On Feb 08, 2012
What nigerians continually fail to understand is that every aspiring political office holder in nigeria is doing so solely because of what he tends to financially benefit. They are taking advantage of the masses's gullibility of not embracing their rights to revolt and recall underperforming politicians.

Mallam Ribadu has just actualized his dreams so why are you all moaning?

Until our legislators begin to earn $6000 per month(emoluments and allowances inclusive),live in 3-bedroom flats in a middle-class neighbourhood and not in an imposing massion in affluent suburbs, drive a skoda,rover,renault or chevy impala only then can we have trustworthy individuals whom are genuinely willing to serve.,
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by DaLover(m): 10:04pm On Feb 08, 2012
Olalekan 0:

What nigerians continually fail to understand is that every aspiring political office holder in nigeria is doing so solely because of what he tends to financially benefit. They are taking advantage of the masses's gullibility of not embracing their rights to revolt and recall underperforming politicians.

Mallam Ribadu has just actualized his dreams so why are you all moaning?

Until our legislators begin to earn $6000 per month(emoluments and allowances inclusive),live in 3-bedroom flats in a middle-class neighbourhood and not in an imposing massion in affluent suburbs, drive a skoda,rover,renault or chevy impala only then can we have trustworthy individuals whom are genuinely willing to serve.,

do legislaors need o be paid by the federal govt or the communiies they represent? solve the concept of free oil money and you solve your questions?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Babachir Lawal Collected N507m Bribe – Senate Committee / Court Orders Buhari To Prosecute Lawmakers Over Alleged Stealing Of N481bn...... / Youths Walk For Yahaya Bello Across 36 States (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.