Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,396 members, 7,812,164 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call (16131 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / Our People Don Come Again O.....GEJ Call To GMB / Open Letter To President GEJ: Call Governor T.A Orji Of Abia State To Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by Demdem(m): 8:30am On Feb 09, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Let him take up the appointment, and let's give him the benefit of doubt.
Let's also watch his subsequent words and actions, and see if there are any departures from his recent posturings.

No need to throw out the baby with the bath water. I support him taking up the job. Only then will we know his true character.

Thats my current position now. I pray he succeeds and he should be careful not to end up the way Abati is ending up.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 09, 2012
Well done patriot ribadu! Just dont talk while eating. Make reuben abati, sanusi and ngozi your best friend.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by Baawaa(m): 10:41am On Feb 09, 2012
Ribadu have spoken very well,but he needs to be very careful.Because that post can rubbish his career.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by 77ken: 10:59am On Feb 09, 2012
The Oil sector is a cess pool of corruption, past leaders refused cleaning the place up, after much pressure as a result of the strike the present government is attempting cleaning the place up. Nuhu Ribadu should not run away, instead he should give it his all, all we can do is support him. Even if the Government does not allow him work he should atleast give it his best what ever achievement he makes will be built upon by subsequent administration. We sould start somewhere.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by nsiadi: 12:23pm On Feb 09, 2012
He who wears the shoes knows where the pinches are
Lai Mohammed who is threatening fire & brimstone shd chill
Ribadu has tried under ACN & couldnt go far
Let him take some cold water from his new job
By the way how much do the ACN governors pay him to keep body & soul together
Ours is not same as mine---especially in Nigeria
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by Buckie10: 12:47pm On Feb 09, 2012
Why anyone expected any other outcome is a mystery to me, very few leadership figures in Nigeria today possess any kind of integrity and Ribabu isn't one of them. He goes to head a committee set up by the Minister of Petroleum who most people believe is the arrowhead of the so called cabal and he expects to get positive results? This is a man that recently contested to be president and yet he takes a position from a minister, and let no one fool us he will report into that minister and not directly to the president. The government's PR people should all be sacked because in most places you inform the person you are about to appoint so you don't get egg on your face when they decline, the ACN scribe obviously has more integrity in his pinky finger than Ribadu has in his whole body.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by BigB11(m): 1:25pm On Feb 09, 2012
Here we go with baseless justification as usual, a crocodile crying in the sun
In my book, this man remains a big clown that would do anything for power or attention.

It doesn't take much to clearly understand that Ribadu isn't loyal to Nigeria or anything else but himself.
I am sure that nothing, but major controversy would be the end result of his time holding this new position; this is simply because of immaturity, ego and love for power.

When you go out of your way to hold hands with people like Tinubu (1 of the biggest thieves in Nigeria today) simply because of power, says a lot about what your stances are.

When you left the country that you claim you love so much a week after the presidential election to accept another position in Afghanistan (of all countries) also shows your level of desperation.

Ribadu can sing until the end of time, it wouldn't change a thing. He will forever be a joke and one of the entities that blew an incredible opportunity a few years ago to turn things around in this great country.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by 989900: 1:39pm On Feb 09, 2012
Seriously I don't know where to start with us (Nigerians).

If we can't give Ribadu and Agbakoba the benefit of the doubt, then give us tested better  names.

In some countries even ex-presidents return to government as ministers, or in other capacities. . . Ribadu only contested just like hundreds of Nigerians have in the past which is nothing special. If he can get the job done, which I think he can at least better than most Nigerians, both politicians and non-politicians that I know, then let him.

He is no saint, but just the name alone would make people sit tight. Not many names in Nigeria can do that.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by mikeapollo: 4:18pm On Feb 09, 2012
This is a man desperate for political appointments/positions. Was this not the man who fought tooth and nail and even went on an anti-govt campaign abroad when he was removed as EFCC chairman? Was this not the man that said the PDP party was corrupt and has nothing to offer?
Was this not the man that contested for president under ACN (the foremost opposition party)?

It is clear that this is a man that is hungry for power and political patronage! He has no pedigree/credibility/integrity that people had been deceived to believe, his time at the EFCC was the most partisan, biased and selective.
He wants to belong as a way of being relevant in the scheme of things, it is all OBJ scheming to plant his puppets in another puppet's govt

Am not surprised,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria To Introduce New Taxes To Increase Revenue – Minister / Tambuwal, Ishaku, Ortom Battle For PDP Governors’ Chairman / I Have Recorded Notable Achievements - President Buhari Reveals On Democracy Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.