Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,563 members, 7,837,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Should Students Pay Tithe? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Students Pay Tithe? (6519 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Should Students Be Paying Tithes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by dare2think: 5:31pm On Feb 09, 2012
means:

hmmm, my people eyes don dey open small small, but e still dey pain me say the most gullible dem no dey come nairaland,
JUDGEMENT OF GOD BEGINS FROM THE HOUSE OF GOD

Ha ha ha ha. You are joking right??

The most gullible set  are on Nairaland.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 5:34pm On Feb 09, 2012
Enigma:

What about infants? During naming ceremonies, they often get given some money --- should the infants be tithing on that? 

cool

DO YOU KNOW SOME PASTORS ARE ACTUALLY TEACHING THIS ALREADY? MAYBE YOU HAVE NOT HEARD IT. DON'T STAND STILL WHILE GOD IS MOVING.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by dare2think: 5:35pm On Feb 09, 2012
Enigma:

What about infants? During naming ceremonies, they often get given some money --- should the infants be tithing on that? 

cool

C'mon Enigma, infants are still ok to pay now.

A pregnant woman should be paying two set of tithes;

For herself and for the baby inside her!!!!   You must never rob God!!!! Remember.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by debosky(m): 5:43pm On Feb 09, 2012
Enigma:

cool

What about money for school fees? Or is God only interested in the tithe of pocket money of students not tithe of the money given as school fees or transportation fare?
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by free123: 5:53pm On Feb 09, 2012
Even money for handouts and textbooks should be tithed too.

Even armed robbers and our fraudulent politicians should tithe their stolen money too, after all, all na income.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Chimex30(m): 6:07pm On Feb 09, 2012
Heaven no be easy race o.Everybody with his or her own advert.God help us.TITHING KWA
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by iykak47: 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2012
Enigma:

What about infants? During naming ceremonies, they often get given some money --- should the infants be tithing on that?

cool
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Chimex30(m): 6:12pm On Feb 09, 2012
LOL
free123:

Even armed robbers and our fraudulent politicians should tithe their stolen money too, after all, all na income.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by segzicres(m): 6:42pm On Feb 09, 2012
Buh wait O!!!! D parents paid deir tithes 4rm deir salaries b4 passing on bills to deir children.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by FXKing2012(m): 7:14pm On Feb 09, 2012
free123:

Enigma:

cool

hahahahahahaha, You guys nearly scattered my head with laughter here oooo, abeg make una no kill person oooo.

But come to think of it, even when Abraham paid a tenth of his spoils, he paid it on behalf of his family. His wives and children didnt have to start paying theirs as well. So why do pastors preach that every family member (even dependents) must pay tithe? Is that not multiple taxation?
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by FXKing2012(m): 7:27pm On Feb 09, 2012
TEEGBE:

@Pastor Kun, The day any child I have or any body I am supporting starts paying tithes from the pocket money I give him/her would be the last day I give such a person pocket money. God forbid I raise a mungun.

That is because u are shallow minded, i hope u dnt bring the devourer upon ur children as a result of negligence

IF YOU DONT PAY YOUR TITHE, THE DEVOURER WILL SURELY TAKE IT FROM YOU. MALACHI 3 VS 1 TO THE END.

WAKE UP FROM YOUR SLUMBER AND DNT LET THE DEVIL CHEAT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. cool

My friend sharaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!!!!!
If u have nothing to say then say nothing, mtshcewwwww
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Enigma(m): 7:31pm On Feb 09, 2012
Ah, I've just thought of a couple of others!

In UK government pays child benefit for children every month ---- should tithes be paid on that?

What about old people, should they pay tithes on their pension or on any money they receive from their children of from other kind-hearted people?

cool
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 09, 2012
When I was a student I used to pay tithe, Not because It was necessary but jst to train myself so when I start working it would be easy, But naturally u shudnt pay money on ur pocket money or allowance money becasue you didn't earn it, And looking @ it from an economical sense, wouldn't that be double taxation, ℓ☺ℓ, Your parents should have paid one already, Even nysc now, I'll still pay tithe, but it's not compulsory,
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by stealthninjax2: 8:02pm On Feb 09, 2012
I would say no, I mean students dont even have that much money.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by jendor123: 8:25pm On Feb 09, 2012
Students should pay tithe,u need to understand that what ever u get as a student is given 2 u by God. God doesn't need ur money it is just an avenue 2 b bless. It is also a principle dt u give & it shal b given 2 u. (lk 6:38)
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by FXKing2012(m): 8:35pm On Feb 09, 2012
jendor123:

Students should pay tithe,u need to understand that what ever u get as a student is given 2 u by God. God doesn't need ur money it is just an avenue 2 b bless. It is also a principle dt u give & it shal b given 2 u. (lk 6:38)
That verse was referring to giving to the poor and less privileged, and the giving must be done willingly and with a cheerful heart - not forced.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by free123: 8:47pm On Feb 09, 2012
Jendor123

so a christian is not blessed until he pays tithe. The length some people can go in order to squeeze money out of others is just amazing. Inventing new pattern everyday just because of money is really appalling.

For your note; a christian is already blessed whether you like it or YES.

Pure religion and undefiled before God the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 9:05pm On Feb 09, 2012
^^^Abraham their father that they claim in order to follow to pay tithe was very rich in cattle, in silver and in gold (Genesis 13:2) and we are not told that it was by paying tithe that made him very rich. I have more than Abraham in me, that is Jesus, son of the Living God and He has not commanded me to tithe.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Revolva(m): 10:17pm On Feb 09, 2012
Student, Thunder fire that church wey go put such things , the church are suppose to help student to ehance their education not student coming to pay money into me con artist pocket,

Dan baruba shege, Ubanka, hahaha
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by GreenJ(m): 10:46pm On Feb 09, 2012
No need of some kind of agumentative words mostly as a xtien u are not on the other side so dont figth 4 Alla.
If u are not inform u will be deform. Are u living by the law or by grace? to me i rather be a chierful giver even if
its half of my annual income than to be compell to pay monthly tithe that may worth nothing to God because its
not from the mind, which means its not by faith. The widows mith was she paying tithe yet the gr8test.
Try & create time to read the BIBLE & understand, not only depend on what u hear on Sundays.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Chukkasy(m): 11:13pm On Feb 09, 2012
I would've kept mum ova dis issue cos it concerns bible, but most of ur posts are misleading, henceforth, i might as well chip in a few things.
* the tithe required in malachi was as a result of the state of d temple then, read dat scripture well.
*jesus never paid tithes, nor did He preach so, check d meaning of christain: it means christ-like. I do only what i c christ do.
*if u're still stuck on d 10% stuff, u're still an old testament believer, new testament christains live lives of consecration. i.e, everything u have belongs 2 God. u can decide d percentage u want 2 give 2 God and He accepts, bt u must grow in ur consecrations, lets say u started with 5%, dont xpect God 2 accept 5% after 2 years if He has advancd u physically.
*all the laws & d prophets lies in dis single command"thou shall luv d lord thy God with all ur heart, soul & mind"matt 22:37-40
*galatians 5:22-23 clearly states d fruit God xpects christains 2 bear.
*sacrifices and burnt offerings are not really what God wants 4rm a man first, what He wants is a man's heart b4 his money.
*d reason y pastors hammer on tithe giving is because christains have not seen the need to give 2 d work of God, i believe in giving, it is very crucial 2 d work of God, bt God does not accept any kind of offering, it must come 4rm a pure heart.
*finally, u pple should stop twisting the word of God. Understand d bible b4 u spill it out. If u're not clear bout tithing then quit tithing & seek 2 understand b4 u do, 2 d 1 who does not know, his stripes will b few, bt 2 him that knows bt does it not, his stripes will b many.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Image123(m): 11:24pm On Feb 09, 2012
@OP, go ahead and pay if you're born again and you want to. I'm too certain that God would not be offended, unlike some childish men here.
Plus, how many pastors are disturbing you, you seem to be exaggerating?
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by asudan: 12:11am On Feb 10, 2012
Tithing is for every believer but you are not forced to pay.i learnt by tithn wen i was in anglican but was not detailed.you stand to gain more wen u give.d law of nature remains the same and never change except God decide otherwise.If you tithe to God,u r asking him for security and when it doesn't come,u can hold him to ransome by quoting d word of God.If you give to d poor (depending on what you are giving),u receive the same measure.don't forget that witches n those in d occultic world pay their annual tithe and dey r compel to pay.in conclusn,if u want to pay ur tithe,pay nobody is forcing u but remember dat when devourer(troubles dat we make spend money un necessary),GOD wil turn his back against u knowing fully well that u know wat to do.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by yemboy1(m): 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2012
Students should give offering not necessarily tithe.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Enigma(m): 5:42pm On Feb 10, 2012
What about civil servants who get given extra money beyond their salary (let's not even say bribe) by people going to their offices for various services - should they also pay tithes on those gifts?

cool
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by wordychap: 7:04pm On Feb 10, 2012
pay ur tithe on wat u receive weda working or skuling or beging! nobodi's forcing u anywhere its just dat u end up paying more to d devil dan d tithe u'dve paid to God

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Psychic / What Does Jesus Say About Psychics? / Are Roman Catholics Christians? / Yahweh Is Still In His Spiritual Cage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.