Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,829 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team (19190 Views)

Usain "Lightning" Bolt Wins 100m Final / Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) / Female Model Appointed To Coach A Men's Football Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by agentzakky(m): 2:27pm On Feb 12, 2012
Africa! you ain't seen nothing yet! eti ri nkankan.
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by highland(m): 2:28pm On Feb 12, 2012
This is not football anymore it is wickedness against humanity.
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by kizito96(m): 2:39pm On Feb 12, 2012
God left Africa long time ago
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by Werehkpe: 3:02pm On Feb 12, 2012
Hey look on the bright side. OCCUPY 9ja can hire these kinda witchcraft to strike all members of the national assembly, the cabal and ALL those standing btw 9ja and prosperity.

Abi werrin una think?
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by werepeLeri: 3:04pm On Feb 12, 2012
A story of 14 years ago. OP - the white man will first laugh at you for carrying a story of 1998 in 2012.

Any rass goes to the front page on NairaLand. Junks, lies, fabricated stories, and now history.
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by zugoboss(m): 3:09pm On Feb 12, 2012
kj_hova:

Old story but quite true! Lightening is a regular cause of death globally and it is purely natural just like Volcanos or Tsunamis. All this Afrophobic statement here is born of pure ignorance of the naturality of death by lightening. For all those demanding that rational (supposedly atheist) people should come up with explanations, there goes your explanation. If you still insist on witchcraft, dark art etc, & still hold the black skin responsible for something purely natural, I can only feel sorry for you. BTW, just to let you in on the extent of my conviction, I also challenge all the witches & dark artists in house to kill me before the AFCON final starts tonight for calling them all moronic idiots!!! If they don't (can't) which proof you'd get by my replying again on this thread, I have demonstrated to you in the simplest way that the belief in the efficacy of such things is as a result of profound ignorance! That's where your problem lie not in the color of your skin nor the name of your continent! Arivedecci!
so are u now saying that a single ligtening struck 11 men of a particular team amongst the 22 men all mixed up, running & scattered around the football pitch a natural occurence?
At the same time implying that there's no evil force as well as good force here on a earth,everything here is purely science even creation itself.
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by noiseless: 3:18pm On Feb 12, 2012
Please!It happens everywhere,Nigga-areans stop being ignorance in everything,like someone pointed out earlier it often has something to do with the fabrics.
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by logica(m): 3:36pm On Feb 12, 2012
Only fools will be standing on a field during a thunderstorm. The general advise is to find refuge during a thunderstorm and stay away from flat and open areas of land (of which a football field is one) where you stick out as the tallest object.

http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Getting-Hit-by-Lightning

^^^ That advise comes as number 1 in the list.
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 12, 2012
voodoo at its worst!  angry
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by texazzpete(m): 5:51pm On Feb 12, 2012
Even the source tells you plainly that this news cannot be verified. Why are people here taking it as gospel truth?
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by slam7000(m): 6:00pm On Feb 12, 2012
I,ve experienced minor shocks just by touching certain clothing materials made from polyester,i think their football gears cld be the reason, from the shirts,shorts,socks and most especially the boots,, what sort of materials, leather/polyester/nylon, the studs, are they plastic or metals, i dont believe its witchcraft or the dark arts,,,somebody shld prove me wrong, theres anything like that,pls send it to boko haramists and the bad eggs in govt,that way we,ll have selective elimination of evil chaffs from the good wheats, thats why it,ll take a long time for us as a people to progress,this is a situation that requires forensics and extensive research and investigation but here in Africa,i,ll not be surprised if its case closed and the opposing teams being blamed for something they know nothing about, thats why a lot of innocent souls have been sent to early grave cos they accused of all problems and afflictions plaguing their accusers.
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 12, 2012
The ignorance of many Africans is annoying to me - that can easily be seen in many comments posted in this thread. Lightning is a natural phenomenon and it can kill a large crowd and can happen anywhere in the world. There is nothing superstitious about it. The number of people killed by lightning in Western world far out numbered that in some instances. So, bro let's do away with ignorance.

If Tsunami that happened in Japan was in Africa many would have read superstitious meanings to it.

RIP  guys!
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by atasteve: 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2012
Is it True? Difficult to believe!
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by dazzy4real(m): 9:27pm On Feb 12, 2012
who says this isn't voodoo u lie meh imagine on the same pitch with 22 players only 11 oda side wer killd and u call this natural disaster, rip guyzz
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by logica(m): 9:37pm On Feb 12, 2012
dazzy4real:

who says this isn't voodoo u lie meh imagine on the same pitch with 22 players only 11 oda side wer killd and u call this natural disaster, rip guyzz 
. . .and you confirmed that the only people killed were really ALL of the players of the other side? Except of course they were all huddled together for some reason it is not possible.
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by kjhova(m): 10:12pm On Feb 12, 2012
Hey guys, I'm still alive & watching d AFCON final!! The witches & dark artist didn't (can't) kill me!!! To the guys here who we're afraid for my life or health, thank you but no need to fear as phantom inexistent threat like witches is as good as no threat at all!
For those who doubt the genuineness of the story, it is true. Just do a simple internet search to confirm. For those who ask me how only a certain 11 died & none from the other side, has it occoured to you that they could have been huddled together in pre-match pep talk? Or mid-game gathering of some sort? Also you have been briefed here about the possiblity of the team's fabrics & the danger of being in an open field in a thunderstorm. Also, @Lara03, I am in Nigeria & I have never been outside of her. Why do people always assume you are in the western world if you happen to be rational? The believe in the existence & efficacy of voodoo can only be sustained by pure unadulterated ignorance.
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by logica(m): 10:28pm On Feb 12, 2012
After scouring the Net, I found this is an old story from 1998:

http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/resources/Ltg-Events.pdf

27 October 1998: Lightning Killed 11 Soccer Players In Congo, Africa, Apparently Via A Ground Streamer,
Rather Than A Direct Strike

Further information though not confirmed was the team that got all players killed were all wearing steel cleats (meaning their boots had steel studs) while the other team had plastic cleats on. Of course the steal cleats are good conductors of electricity.
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by asoderock(m): 10:36pm On Feb 12, 2012
kj_hova:

Hey guys, I'm still alive & watching d AFCON final!! The witches & dark artist didn't (can't) kill me!!! To the guys here who we're afraid for my life or health, thank you but no need to fear as phantom inexistent threat like witches is as good as no threat at all!
For those who doubt the genuineness of the story, it is true. Just do a simple internet search to confirm. For those who ask me how only a certain 11 died & none from the other side, has it occoured to you that they could have been huddled together in pre-match pep talk? Or mid-game gathering of some sort? Also you have been briefed here about the possiblity of the team's fabrics & the danger of being in an open field in a thunderstorm. Also, @Lara03, I am in Nigeria & I have never been outside of her. Why do people always assume you are in the western world if you happen to be rational? The believe in the existence & efficacy of voodoo can only be sustained by pure unadulterated ignorance.
kj_hova:

+100
It is only the mentally lazy that attribute intriguing circumstances to some voodoo, or witch related causes. That way, he doesn't have to delve into the intellectual demanding explanation of such a circumstance.
And someone still wonder why Africa continue to remain in the dark.
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by tysantez: 11:03pm On Feb 12, 2012
This aint funny, thou, shocked shocked shocked Witch or Black magic
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by kjhova(m): 12:14am On Feb 13, 2012
Hey @asoderock, that's 1 truly sane mind you got there. Doesn't hurt to read some "educated" folks here castigating Africa for her supposed "black" art & praising the west for channeling their own dark art for good?!? Magic, witches, enemies, demons?!?! You only see them when you create them in an uncultured mind!
Some folks here also believe that someone with black magic can control the wether & climate, turn human organs to paper money, disappear, turn into animals or inanimate objects at will, bounce bullets of their skin etc??! Can I ever help some people?
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by chelseabmw(m): 12:39am On Feb 13, 2012
WTF
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by MeandSum: 3:03am On Feb 13, 2012
waxrider:

Atheist in the house. What can you say about this?

It absolutely has nothing to do with any higher or lower power. Pull your head out of , you know where.
if this incident actually happened, it can be easily explained.

1)Lightning kills over 20,000 people a year.
2)They were just unlucky to be on that side of the field - share luck - or the lack of it

Why do you think churches have lightning rod? google "touchdown jesus" you'll see that "witches" also burn down jusus when they have nothing else to do smiley
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by Okijajuju1(m): 9:33am On Feb 13, 2012
Hahahahahahahahah!!

And skeptics say my powers aint real. . . . . . MUHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAA!
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 13, 2012
The team fu cked up with the herbalist cheesy
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 13, 2012
The team fu cked up with the herbalist  cheesy
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by Ezeufi: 12:54pm On Feb 13, 2012
Well, may I explain in the simplest language that may be understood by "almost" anyone in Naira Land. Lighting strike is a natural phenomenon and Africa, North and South America tend to have a good share of lighting strikes. What happens is, a huge amont of electron accumulates at the bottom "surface" of the clouds above us, and thus that surface is negatively charged. Those electrons seek to flow towards the Earth which is at a ground potential, "0 volts"; but the atmosphere between the clouds and the Earth prevents that flow of electrons. However, if that air resistance somehow breaksdown, all those electrons will flow in a very short period of time as a massive current of electricity as a lighting strike, producing light, sound and heat. That is why the resistance tends to breakdown at the shortest distance between the earth and those clouds. For instance, at high mountains, or somewhere with very tall trees.
Holding an umbrella, or wearing kind of clothes with some electrical conducting materials in them may render one susceptible to lighting strike in those stormy conditions.

I hope this simple explanation helps against the "black art" or black anything.
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by ceejayluv(m): 3:46pm On Feb 13, 2012
Black art my a.ss!! They were simply unfortunate, standing at the wrong place at the wrong time!! There are areas that are prone to lightning strikes. In secondary school, i saw when lightning struck on the volleyball court- four students were struck to death a couple of years earlier at the same court. So who sent the lightning? The principal??
I read on a journal few years ago that an american farmer was struck, he was injured but lost sixs of his cows, What do u call that? White art??
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by Baawaa(m): 4:52pm On Feb 13, 2012
The story is not real
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by SkySpirit(m): 6:07pm On Feb 13, 2012
rip, sports is not a do or die affair!
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by nedu2000(m): 6:59am On Feb 14, 2012
The odds of being struck by ligtning is 576000 to 1,let alone an entire team on the same day, the chances of M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ dating a supermodel is even higher

cheesy
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by Okijajuju1(m): 11:32am On Feb 15, 2012
ceejayluv:

Black art my behind!! They were simply unfortunate, standing at the wrong place at the wrong time!! There are areas that are prone to lightning strikes. In secondary school, i saw when lightning struck on the volleyball court- four students were struck to death a couple of years earlier at the same court. So who sent the lightning? The principal??
I read on a journal few years ago that an American farmer was struck, he was injured but lost sixs of his cows, What do u call that? White art??

Ezeufi:

Well, may I explain in the simplest language that may be understood by "almost" anyone in Naira Land. Lighting strike is a natural phenomenon and Africa, North and South America tend to have a good share of lighting strikes. What happens is, a huge amont of electron accumulates at the bottom "surface" of the clouds above us, and thus that surface is negatively charged. Those electrons seek to flow towards the Earth which is at a ground potential, "0 volts"; but the atmosphere between the clouds and the Earth prevents that flow of electrons. However, if that air resistance somehow breaksdown, all those electrons will flow in a very short period of time as a massive current of electricity as a lighting strike, producing light, sound and heat. That is why the resistance tends to breakdown at the shortest distance between the earth and those clouds. For instance, at high mountains, or somewhere with very tall trees.
Holding an umbrella, or wearing kind of clothes with some electrical conducting materials in them may render one susceptible to lighting strike in those stormy conditions.

I hope this simple explanation helps against the "black art" or black anything.

Both of you are smoking weed from the same dealer right?!

Lightening strikes a field and kills 11 people, who all happen to be on the same team, who were most likely randomly distributed around the pitch, and you tell me its a natural phenomenon?! Maybe some nigger on the team impregnated Mother natures daughter and shes mad at them . . .

WTF!! angry
Re: Lightning Kills An Entire Football Team by ceejayluv(m): 11:46am On Feb 15, 2012
[/quote][quote author=Okija_juju link=topic=866874.msg10200300#msg10200300 date=1329301938]

Both of you are smoking weed from the same dealer right?!

Lightening strikes a field and kills 11 people, who all happen to be on the same team, who were most likely randomly distributed around the pitch, and you tell me its a natural phenomenon?! Maybe some nigger on the team impregnated Mother natures daughter and shes mad at them . . .

WTF!! angry
you are the type that will see a lizard in your living room and yell, screaming that your enemies are after you. Typical african. DR Congo has the highest occurence of cloud-to-earth lightning strikes. (google it). Oh, ok if you cant win your opponents, then u kill dem wit lightning?? Its not even a league final or sometin! Use ur head, thats why you are educated. I'm sure investigations must have bn carried out (by non-africans of course) and answers found.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Former Italy And Ac Milan Legend Maldini Dies At 84. / Riyad Mahrez Set To Join Manchester City / Salwa Eid Naser To Miss Tokyo 2020 After Being Handed Two-year Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.