Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,952 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:50 PM

Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North (12570 Views)

Coffins Of Ocholi, His Wife And Son, To Be Buried Today (Photos) / HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An / The Eze Ndi Igbo Gburugburu 1 Of NL Igbos (Canceled) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 09, 2012
lmao grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by AndreUweh(m): 10:38pm On Feb 09, 2012
@The Poster, when an Igbo dies, he is buried in his ancestral home. I know this is different in other cultures for example Abiola, originally from Abeokuta but was buried in Lagos. Same as Fela. Even in the U.K, most non Igbo people who died here are buried in the cemetries littered with white bones.
Ojukwu will not just be buried in Igboland but in his ancestral home of Nnewi Anaedo.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 09, 2012
Andre Uweh:

@The Poster, when an Igbo dies, he is buried in his ancestral home. I know this is different in other cultures for example Abiola, originally from Abeokuta but was buried in Lagos. Same as Fela. Even in the U.K, most non Igbo people who died here are buried in the cemetries littered with white bones.
Ojukwu will not just be buried in Igboland but in his ancestral home of Nnewi Anaedo.

So what is wrong with white bones? Igbo bones are better than oyinbo's?
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by dayokanu(m): 10:59pm On Feb 09, 2012
Abeg dont h-insult Eze Igbo Ike-Eba wuruwuru

Ojuku was born an Almajiri but he later accepted jesus as his Lord and saviour

He actually became a cross dresser later

His manhood lives on.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by doofanc: 11:05pm On Feb 09, 2012
@OP, this is truly some revealing stuff. So Ojukwu was born in the north and was very fluent in hausa, even more than igbo? Intersting
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by AndreUweh(m): 11:32pm On Feb 09, 2012
inufele2:

So what is wrong with white bones? Igbo bones are better than oyinbo's?
There may not be anything wrong with white bones but as for Ndigbo, their wish is to be at the final resting place of their ancestors. It's a pity non Igbo folks only learn about Igbo culture here in nairaland.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Nobody: 12:25am On Feb 10, 2012

His manhood lives on.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What is wuruwuru??
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Rhino4dm: 4:58am On Feb 10, 2012
^
The highest title in Igbo land, which implies the grand commander of fraud and lies. Lmao! grin grin grin grin.

Wuruwuru = dubious ways
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by ektbear: 5:17am On Feb 10, 2012
Perhaps the OPs time would be better spent on issues like this: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-866603.0.html

Surprising how he never comments on such.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by otondo55: 7:05am On Feb 10, 2012
Aru !

Dont ever think of it !

Son of the soil, His body and spirit will ever be with us.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by SamMilla1(m): 7:17am On Feb 10, 2012
At OP,
you have a great idea, Lets bury him in GOwon's Parlour so that he MR YAkubu will always façe the crime he committed against unborn NIgeriand.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by freecocoa(f): 7:23am On Feb 10, 2012
OP its not just enough to suggest it,come and carry his corpse and go bury it in zungeru yourself.

You people claim he is this and that yet over how many months now,you lose sleep over his corpse,a great man he was indeed still pulling so much weight even in death.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by ekwynwa: 7:53am On Feb 10, 2012
dayokanu:

His manhood lives on.

Ojukwu is too great for your likes
i know that, you really want to eulogise the great IKEMBA, but your treacherous mind will not allow you
your are a very good example of ''the spirit is willing but the body is weak'' ( hope you get that drift)
a trillion of your stupid posts can not change an obvious fact. i know it still beats your silly mind,that IKEMBA is still loved and idolized by his people even in death
IKEMBA WE LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by bakila: 8:15am On Feb 10, 2012
Only in Nigeria that opportunist Rebels turn to Hero. Hitler was more honourable than he who run away and did not fight another day. Dont desecrate Zungeru with the remains of a rebel. Poster you wasted the topic by inclusion of the runaway soldier.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by success4(m): 8:37am On Feb 10, 2012
It will be better to bury OJUKWU where he came from. He is a modified Almajiri, who knows
may be that is the reason behind Boko-Haram slaughtering Ibos like chicken. lipsrsealed
Ojukwu must be buried where the almajiris live! grin grin grin
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by safarigirl(f): 8:50am On Feb 10, 2012
This must be a joke, moderator please take this to the joke section
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by uzoexcel(m): 10:16am On Feb 10, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

^
The highest title in Igbo land, which implies the grand commander of fraud and lies. Lmao! grin grin grin grin.

Wuruwuru = dubious ways

That's a very stupid and daft statement Rhino, Ur guyz/gurlfrd may find u amusing but this is just stupid, Wher do we get peopl lyk dz on nairaland from
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by baslone: 10:27am On Feb 10, 2012
Wetin dem dey keep the corpse for self!!!

Make dem bury make some people fit shut up nah!
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by donbuchi1(m): 11:03am On Feb 10, 2012
don't ever visit nairaland again!!!! your post suck
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Sweetnecta: 1:28pm On Feb 10, 2012
It is unfortunate that those among us who say they are muslims do not follow the example of Prophet Muhammad [as] as he did not speak ill but respect the soul of the dead, feeling pity for those who did not die as muslim.

What didn't late Ojukwu for his people? Before the war, he told them to return and they will be protected from their slaughterers who were muslims by mouth but not by deeds.

He said if they arrive in the east, they will be protected since the north and indeed mr yakubu gowon did not have the spine to protect all nigerians.
Ojukwu lobbied hard for his people's right and honors. I respect the bravery of the man.

While most of you who could not say anything about the war except what you read in the history of it are as bitter as bitter leaves against one another, many who had a first hand experience of it or old enough to know nigeria was on fire have moved on becoming members of community of grass root hoping for a greater Nigeria.

If you are an igbo man hold your head high without being arrogant about it. Work hard to improve your people. Start from yourself, then your family and work hard to affect others. And you may just affect the Yoruba [i happen to be a Yoruba and i dont need anything from anyone Thank Allah], hausas, etc.

if you are a yoruba man, the above applies to you. You, too, hausa, ganbari, edoma, ikale, edo, etc.

All of us will die. When we die who wishes that his death is a controversy? No one. Awolowo, Azikwe, etc all have passed. Adekunle will pass without any doubt.

Those mudered, Akintola, Ironsi, Tafabalewa, Amadu Bello, etc, have passed on and their cases as well as the case of Ojukwu is with God. We are still alive to do good, hopefully shun evils and mend our ways to God.

I hate this anger among my nigerian future leaders.

ALhamdulillah, I did not have anything to do with the place i was born. Where ever I die, I hope i die among those who are good, believers so that they bury me with believers.

Let reflect on our own lives instead of arguing, even disrespecting the man, a notable nigerian who passed.

Let all these angers die down or it may just eat you up. alive.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 10, 2012
Yes because AWO was burried in LEKKI SWAMP instead of ODOGBOLU his town, but you forgot AWO's death was a taboo because he killed himself with ATA-PIAPIA grin
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by uzoexcel(m): 2:30pm On Feb 10, 2012
Sweetnecta:

It is unfortunate that those among us who say they are muslims do not follow the example of Prophet Muhammad [as] as he did not speak ill but respect the soul of the dead, feeling pity for those who did not die as muslim.

What didn't late Ojukwu for his people? Before the war, he told them to return and they will be protected from their slaughterers who were muslims by mouth but not by deeds.

He said if they arrive in the east, they will be protected since the north and indeed mr yakubu gowon did not have the spine to protect all nigerians.
Ojukwu lobbied hard for his people's right and honors. I respect the bravery of the man.

While most of you who could not say anything about the war except what you read in the history of it are as bitter as bitter leaves against one another, many who had a first hand experience of it or old enough to know nigeria was on fire have moved on becoming members of community of grass root hoping for a greater Nigeria.

If you are an igbo man hold your head high without being arrogant about it. Work hard to improve your people. Start from yourself, then your family and work hard to affect others. And you may just affect the Yoruba [i happen to be a Yoruba and i dont need anything from anyone Thank Allah], hausas, etc.

if you are a yoruba man, the above applies to you. You, too, hausa, ganbari, edoma, ikale, edo, etc.

All of us will die. When we die who wishes that his death is a controversy? No one. Awolowo, Azikwe, etc all have passed. Adekunle will pass without any doubt.

Those mudered, Akintola, Ironsi, Tafabalewa, Amadu Bello, etc, have passed on and their cases as well as the case of Ojukwu is with God. We are still alive to do good, hopefully shun evils and mend our ways to God.

I hate this anger among my nigerian future leaders.

ALhamdulillah, I did not have anything to do with the place i was born. Where ever I die, I hope i die among those who are good, believers so that they bury me with believers.

Let reflect on our own lives instead of arguing, even disrespecting the man, a notable nigerian who passed.

Let all these angers die down or it may just eat you up. alive.
U talk very wisely, just wish there were more people lyk u who dont have uncalled 4 hatred blinding their eyes
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by afm4ever(m): 3:07pm On Feb 10, 2012
4 what
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by ChefMike(m): 3:49pm On Feb 10, 2012
The "dead" does not have any saying where to sleep but the living will decide where he will rest eternity.Who does that now? His family member. Case dismiss.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by uzoexcel(m): 5:04pm On Feb 10, 2012
For more serious news grin grin grin grin, a colleague of mine said he thought he saw JACK BAUER in Taraba near where Kabir Sokoto was arrested, Some one should pls confirm
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Samar1: 11:11pm On Feb 10, 2012
God bless the dead!
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Onlytruth(m): 12:46am On Feb 11, 2012
ndu_chucks, just when we think you are done with your "akuya" level idiocy, you raise your game a notch higher.

It is clear enough to me that you have serious admiration for the Great Lion of Biafra hence this your latest gambit to snag him right from under the noses of his people and the land of his ancestors. I'm happy that some of my Igbo brothers have already knocked you in line, so I won't waste much time.

All I have to say is that you have to first undergo a spartan-grade drug detoxification process (to clear your head of some dangerous hallucinogens), head south on a long journey to the Serengeti where you may borrow a pair of natural balls from the lions there, stalk Ojukwu's corpse relentlessly like a thief in the night from now till March 2, and perform an ultimate[b] Hudini[/b] to evade 40 million Ndigbo on your way back to the North with our beloved Ikemba.

Well, God's speed aboki  cool
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by antartica(m): 1:01am On Feb 11, 2012
Ojukwu believe in oneness,togetherness.His hands were tied that was why he fought.He was a civilized man,that had the world as his oyster not a cave man.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by antartica(m): 1:01am On Feb 11, 2012
Ojukwu believe in oneness,togetherness.His hands were tied that was why he fought.He was a civilized man,that had the world as his oyster not a cave man.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by nduchucks: 2:29am On Feb 11, 2012
Onlytruth:

Just when we think you are done with your "akuya" level idiocy, you raise your game a notch higher.

It is clear enough to me that you have serious admiration for the Great Lion of Biafra

Eze, when are you going to decide to give up your ways which are nothing short of being cretinism? I'll tell you what is idiotic, olodo: being born in a place, such as Kano, growing up there and not being familiar with the East where  one or more of your parents hail from, and then finding yourself having to return to the East, a homeland which is essentially foreign to you, is more than idiotic. This is the system which must change in Nigeria if we are to join civilized nations.

It is the same kind of idiotic policy or tradition which I am challenging indirectly in this thread. Unfortunately, your dumb behind is too unsophisticated to understand. You allow tribalism and bigotry to prevent you from seeing the big picture.  Pray tell, has GEJ announced the setting aside of any particular public holiday in honour of Ikemba? Have you petitioned any of your Reps or Senators, if you know who they are,  to submit a bill in this regard? Biko mechionu gi.

The only thing right about your post is the bolded above. BTW, I'll bet my last Naira that you will not be with us in the country for Ikemba's burial. Olodo, Eze ko, Ezekiel ni.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Onlytruth(m): 3:57am On Feb 11, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Eze, when are you going to decide to give up your ways which are nothing short of being cretinism? I'll tell you what is idiotic, olodo: being born in a place, such as Kano, growing up there and not being familiar with the East where  one or more of your parents hail from, and then finding yourself having to return to the East, a homeland which is essentially foreign to you, is more than idiotic. This is the system which must change in Nigeria if we are to join civilized nations.

It is the same kind of idiotic policy or tradition which I am challenging indirectly in this thread. Unfortunately, your dumb behind is too unsophisticated to understand. You allow tribalism and bigotry to prevent you from seeing the big picture.  Pray tell, has GEJ announced the setting aside of any particular public holiday in honour of Ikemba? Have you petitioned any of your Reps or Senators, if you know who they are,  to submit a bill in this regard? Biko mechionu gi.

The only thing right about your post is the bolded above. BTW[b], I'll bet my last Naira that you will not be with us in the country for Ikemba's burial.[/b] Olodo, Eze ko, Ezekiel ni.

You should be crowned the Liar in Chief of Nairaland because you and your people only observe in the breach the bolded words.
Pray, which section of Nigeria has killed more non-indigenes in its midst  than any other since Nigeria's founding?
Why are our people leaving the North en masse in 2012, just like happened in 1945, 53, 66 (decades ago)  while your aboki yam sellers are conducting a brisk business in Onitsha?
Can you show me a single Ojukwu property in Zungeru today? If you can't, why is that?

Here is the type of Nigeria I believe in.

I believe in a Nigeria where I will be allowed to carry concealed weapon, just like your brothers carry dagger. Heck I hereby I advise my people to at least carry daggers too, and modern ones at that, not that 15th century rusted things you carry around.  cool

I also believe that Igbo must never cede an inch of property in ALL parts of Nigeria until Nigeria disintegrates; after which we levy reparation bills to you, else we would be in a state of war with you until you pay.  cool

The Nigeria we have today is VERY fraudulent and unfortunately we Igbo have allowed ourselves to be the victims in chief of that fraud.

@Topic, before you would ever be allowed to lay your leprous hands on the greatest Igbo son that ever lived, you must first exhume the remains of Uthman dan fodio, Ahmadu Bello, and all other of your past leaders worth anything, and bring them to be reburied at  umunneoha, or Avutu. If you think that laughable, then, know that you initiated the comedy yourself.

BTW, I have chosen to join my Eastern Nigerian brothers to give the great Ikemba an American and world class funeral here in the greatest country on earth. It is more relevant and strategic to do so, than to be drowned at home in redundancy. Your opinions on that is NULL.  cool
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by mensdept: 4:10am On Feb 11, 2012
Wow, 4 pages and counting. Even Onlytruth speaking long grammer. I was expecting the  fool that originally posted this silly thread to be ignored or cursed as he/she or the he-she rightfully deserved but low and behold- IGBO SENSITIVITY.

Okay guess what, Awolowo should be re-buried in Calabar for serving in a jail cell for "treasonable" activities. Now let the Yoruba have a go.

Nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amina Mohammed Visits Communities Erosion Destroyed In Akwa Ibom / Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? / Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.