Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North (12450 Views)

Coffins Of Ocholi, His Wife And Son, To Be Buried Today (Photos) / HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An / The Eze Ndi Igbo Gburugburu 1 Of NL Igbos (Canceled) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by fbude: 7:33pm On Feb 09, 2012
Islam is one of the worlds major problem
its a satanic religion.A religion that kills
women and children and calls it jihad.
A religion that has left a trail of bloodshed
and sorrow accros worlds history.
Watch these links to understand Bokoharam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoT8jruvj3s&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN2fqe4oWsI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zrzbdPKnhk&feature=related
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by bulksms247(m): 7:36pm On Feb 09, 2012
Insult. I no blame dis poster @ all. Come and carry his corpse and bury him in the north. Am hating dis tribalism forum.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by akigbemaru: 7:42pm On Feb 09, 2012
Ndu-Chucked, buring OJukwu in Northerner state will creation enmity.
I may call you Olumo-rock because you got a great height for the quixotic s-h-I-t-s that you desire. They  if your wishes come through, we go carry Agbari- Ojukwu out, because it's about time to fry a bigger fish. And feed the ghettos because we love to eat.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by nagoma(m): 7:49pm On Feb 09, 2012
@ndu-chuks

God bless you . Ojukwu was one of the greatest Nigerians and was born and bred in the north before he went to England and came back to serve the fatherland stationed in the north. He must be burried in the north. Where are the northern governors? Where is Arewa consultive forum ( ACF) . We cannot lose our right to the easterners who only got to know him during the 2.5 bad years. When he returned from ivory coast he joined NPN AND WORKED CLOSELY WITH SHAGARI. I will start a pressure group , ndu - chucks please help. Ikemba belongs to us .
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by nagoma(m): 7:50pm On Feb 09, 2012
@ndu-chuks
Thank you.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by ak47mann(m): 8:00pm On Feb 09, 2012
We cant allow that,or else you people want war we will smoke you monkeys out in no time,watch and see. cool
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Kabai: 8:04pm On Feb 09, 2012
This is crazy! Ndu Chuks, do you mean that your people are now trying to claim Ojukwu's corps for worship purposes? I thought you said he does not deserve being immortalized. I can now see that that the north wants Ojukwu's corps. No wonder the BH threats concerning his burial. I dey laugh.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by aurenflani: 8:05pm On Feb 09, 2012
@fb_ude - and ur "peace loving religion never harm anyone right? what afool
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by isalegan2: 8:12pm On Feb 09, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Being born to military or diplomat parents on foreign soil is an obvious exception, don't you think?

One of our major problems in Nigeria is that, people who have lived in areas for 50 or more years, including those who are born in the same areas, are denied full legal rights, property rights, and even the right to contest for political offices in those areas.   We must stop this abusive acts if we are going to progress as a nation.  Why must ndigbo or Yorubas who have lived all of their lives in the North be deemed as "foreigners" simply because their ancestral homes are a misely several hundred miles away?  Why must a Northerner who lives in the South suffer the same fate?  This is the issue I am trying to highlight here.

Progress is when an Igbo man can become the governor of Lagos state, and a Hausa man, a governor of Enugu - so to speak.  

Nice speech if genuine.  But people can still decide where they want to be buried.  

It just seems outrageous to expect a rebel leader to be buried amongst people that he fought.  Anyway, I don't want to have a contentious discussion about it.  So long.  smiley
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Impulse80(m): 8:19pm On Feb 09, 2012
@poster your sense dey ur nyash! Idjiot!
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 09, 2012
hahahaha!  cheesy cheesy grin grin

well, wonders shall never end
maybe we should first exhume uthman dan fodio and bury him in Ilorin or oshogbo where he kicked serious azz back in the day

op, is that why chukwuma nzeogwu was buried in kaduna? chai these abokis sabi politics well well

well, you will meet massob boys fully armed to the teeth that day
dem no born you well.

lwkmd
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Ojiofor: 8:20pm On Feb 09, 2012
LOL@POSTA,LOOK Ndigbo wont exchange him for the bones of saduana and awo, nice try anyway.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by stealthninjax2: 8:22pm On Feb 09, 2012
Just like the man rest in peace. Doesn't matter where he is buried.

Rap Beats
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Dede1(m): 8:24pm On Feb 09, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Being born to military or diplomat parents on foreign soil is an obvious exception, don't you think?

One of our major problems in Nigeria is that, people who have lived in areas for 50 or more years, including those who are born in the same areas, are denied full legal rights, property rights, and even the right to contest for political offices in those areas.   We must stop this abusive acts if we are going to progress as a nation.  Why must ndigbo or Yorubas who have lived all of their lives in the North be deemed as "foreigners" simply because their ancestral homes are a misely several hundred miles away?  Why must a Northerner who lives in the South suffer the same fate?  This is the issue I am trying to highlight here.

Progress is when an Igbo man can become the governor of Lagos state, and a Hausa man, a governor of Enugu - so to speak.  

When Ndigbo let Hausa man to become first Mayor of Enugu in 60s, the northern region political elites termed it a disguised trick for Ndigbo to take over northern region of Nigeria hence the pogrom. What actually is your drift on the bolded?

There is no amount of misguided spin you injected into this debate that looks desirable.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Dede1(m): 8:35pm On Feb 09, 2012
nagoma:

@ndu-chuks

God bless you . Ojukwu was one of the greatest Nigerians and was born and bred in the north before he went to England and came back to serve the fatherland stationed in the north. He must be burried in the north. Where are the northern governors? Where is Arewa consultive forum ( ACF) . We cannot lose our right to the easterners who only got to know him during the 2.5 bad years. When he returned from ivory coast he joined NPN AND WORKED CLOSELY WITH SHAGARI. I will start a pressure group , ndu - chucks please help. Ikemba belongs to us .

This post sounds like a rejoinder to “I am happy Ojukwu died a Nigerian”. I guess you really want to make it fait accompli by saying “I am happy Ojukwu was buried in northern region of Nigeria too”.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by nduchucks: 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2012
Dede1:

When Ndigbo let Hausa man to become first Mayor of Enugu in 60s, the northern region political elites termed it a disguised trick for Ndigbo to take over northern region of Nigeria hence the pogrom. What actually is your drift on the bolded?

Ndigbo did not let anyone become mayor, buddy! Get your facts straight.  Mallam Umaru Altine who hailed from the old Sokoto  and who served as President of the Enugu Branch of the (NCNC) was elected the first Mayor of Enugu in 1956. No one "let him" become mayor, he earned the office.  

It is this kind of elevated and futuristic politics played by Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, the first Premier of Eastern Nigeria and the most sincere proponent of Nigerian national unity of all time, that enabled Altine to become the 1st mayor of Enugu, and I believe that we all should learn from Azikiwe. The pogroms you referenced above are completely unrelated to the mayoral post in Enugu. Azikiwe got it right, back then.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by eghost247(m): 8:45pm On Feb 09, 2012
just bury him anywhere jare
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by success4(m): 8:45pm On Feb 09, 2012
What a revelation! So, Ojukwu was a modified  ALMAJIRIS! No wonder! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Ngodigha1(m): 8:53pm On Feb 09, 2012
success4:

What a revelation! So, Ojukwu was a modified ALMAJIRIS! No wonder! shocked shocked shocked
Monkey, get a life.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Dede1(m): 8:54pm On Feb 09, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Ndigbo did not let anyone become mayor, buddy! Get your facts straight.  Mallam Umaru Altine who hailed from the old Sokoto  and who served as President of the Enugu Branch of the (NCNC) was elected the first Mayor of Enugu in 1956. No one "let him" become mayor, he earned the office.  

It is this kind of elevated and futuristic politics played by Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, the first Premier of Eastern Nigeria and the most sincere proponent of Nigerian national unity of all time, that enabled Altine to become the 1st mayor of Enugu, and I believe that we all should learn from Azikiwe. The pogroms you referenced above are completely unrelated to the mayoral post in Enugu. Azikiwe got it right, back then.

Can you listen to yourself with this deceitful spin? I guess Mallam Umaru Altine was elected  the first Mayor of Enugu by NCNC members from Sokoto or there was nobody as qualified as Mallam Altine or probably more qualified then the mallam in Enugu to compete with him for position of Mayor of Enugu. I am disappointed you insinuated the pogrom in northern Nigeria was not remotely connected to the unity and oneness expressed by Ndigbo.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by ifysimple(f): 8:59pm On Feb 09, 2012
@ Poster,Chineke kpokwaa gi oku! Anu mpam.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by nduchucks: 9:07pm On Feb 09, 2012
Dede1:

I am disappointed you insinuated the pogrom in northern Nigeria was not remotely connected to the unity and oneness expressed by Ndigbo.

I know you are aware that Mallam Umaru Altine  was elected the first Mayor of Enugu in 1956, way before Independence. Azikiwe was obviously instrumental in ensuring that Altine became mayor. How did Azikiwe's actions or your claimed opposition of the Northern elite lead to pogroms between 1956 and 1960? Please clarify which pogroms you are trying to tie the said election to.  When did the pogroms take place?

@ifysimple, flee flea!!
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by nikky5(m): 9:11pm On Feb 09, 2012
I am not an igboman.but pls guys ojuku does not deserver all these insults.he remains a national hero.some of ya papas nd even grandpas neva achieved 1 percent of this man's success in his lifetime.pls let him rest in peace.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by aljharem(m): 9:13pm On Feb 09, 2012
nikky5:

I am not an igboman.but pls guys ojuku does not deserver all these insults.he remains a national hero.some of ya papas nd even grandpas neva achieved 1 percent of this man's success in his lifetime.pls let him rest in peace.

Name one thing he achieved ?
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Rhino4dm: 9:15pm On Feb 09, 2012
Ha ha ha ha! I don laugh tire for this thread! Chei!! He must be dressed on Baban Riga and hula, those famous Hausa traditional wears. Lmao!!?
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Dede1(m): 9:15pm On Feb 09, 2012
ndu_chucks:

I know you are aware that Mallam Umaru Altine  was elected the first Mayor of Enugu in 1956, way before Independence. Azikiwe was obviously instrumental in ensuring that Altine became mayor. How did Azikiwe's actions or your claimed opposition of the Northern elite lead to pogroms between 1956 and 1960? Please clarify which pogroms you are trying to tie the said election to.  When did the pogroms take place?

Pogroms took place in northern region in 1945, 1956 and 1966. I am not surprised you decided to limit your knowledge of pogrom in the Protectorate or Nigeria to 1966.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by nikky5(m): 9:27pm On Feb 09, 2012
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by success4(m): 9:37pm On Feb 09, 2012
nikky5:

Who are you? Why the abuse if you are not ibo? Hypocrite!!! grin grin grin
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by houvest: 9:42pm On Feb 09, 2012
Funny Thread. Another Igbo-baiting effort. Guys why grace this thread with a response? 3 pages? OMG.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by meksmewo: 9:56pm On Feb 09, 2012
My right hand is up with my staff. Before I bring it down, close this thread or I will visit whoever started this with a curse from eze-ndele. Rubbish, zungeru ko zungeru ni, Thunder fire dat mouth, A whole eze igbo, Tufiakwa
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by PhysicsQED(m): 10:22pm On Feb 09, 2012
This is probably the most deliberately mischievous thread ever started on this forum.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by dayokanu(m): 10:22pm On Feb 09, 2012
success4:

What a revelation! So, Ojukwu was a modified  ALMAJIRIS! No wonder! shocked shocked shocked

Abeg dont h-insult Eze Igbo Ike-Eba wuruwuru

Ojuku was born an Almajiri but he later accepted jesus as his Lord and saviour

He actually became a cross dresser later

His manhood lives on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC / Military Mentality Affecting Buhari- Balarabe Musa / MTEF, 2017 Budget: Why NASS Is Angry With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.