Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Motivational Speaker Charges - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Motivational Speaker Charges (4141 Views)

CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms / 21 Top Nigerian Motivational Speakers You Should Connect With! / Your No.1 Motivational Speaker In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motivational Speaker Charges by idtiwo: 1:12am On Feb 10, 2012
Hi,
I did a 20 minutes presentation for an organisation recently on a project.The management was impress and contacted me to be their consultant on conducting regular empowerment programmes for their staff.I accepted the offer and i was ask to submit my professional fees by monday.My problem now is that i dont know how motivational speakers charge their clients.Pls can somebody help me on the charges rate as this is my first time on this kind of biz.Thanks

1 Like

Re: Motivational Speaker Charges by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 10, 2012
Well, you dont sound like someone who wants to chose that part, am sorry if that hurts. Because if you do, you will know how much you should charge. You would have read loads of Nigerian and foreign motivational books, have mentors, and they would have in one way or the other mentioned how much they charge, Here's it: Fela Durotoye, Steve Harris, Poju Oyemade, Afolabi Peters, these people charge up to 1 million naira or more per presentation, excluding flight ticket, hotel and feeding, plus they are free to bring anyone along with them and the company will pay for the trip(they are phucking rich I tell you) and they get to present almost everyday including sundays. In fact they could do two presentations at different places in a day(thanks to the wilbur brothers who made the airplane)

You cant start like those people I mentioned o, they've been in it for at least 10 years. You can start with 2 00k per presentation, and if they are ready to pay 150, just collect it because once you start it will connect you to other companies and you'll be swimming in millions.
Re: Motivational Speaker Charges by amtheone(m): 3:02pm On Feb 10, 2012
@Op

Didadavid has said it all, since u are new in the industry, follow what dida has said. Concentrate on the quality of service, with time the millions will roll in, dont use ur hand to close doors of ur success.

wish u best
Re: Motivational Speaker Charges by lanreecom(m): 6:46pm On Feb 10, 2012
Hello friends, i do appreciate your professional gifts. The youth team of my church is planning to have a business forum sometime in MARCH and we need a speaker who can talk to educate our youth member on the Topic: STARTING AND SUSTAINING A SMALL BIZNESS & SETTING AND ACHIEVING CAREER GOALS.

WE REALLY WILL SHOW APPRECIATION IN OUR OWN LITTLE WAY EVEN THOUGH WE DO NOT HAVE A BIG PURSE. WE ALSO PRAY THAT THE LORD WILL MARVELOUSLY BLESS YOU THIS YEAR IN JESUS NAME!

PLS CONTACT ME FOR FURTHER DISCUSION ON : 08028357292, 08036988797.
Re: Motivational Speaker Charges by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 12, 2012
@lanreecom, I could do it for you. I have a business am running, so I'm experienced in this. And again, I have spoken in over 10 seminars and trainings in 3 states of Nigeria before even though they're not on business. Plus I'm very young, about a quarter of a century. Holla me here: david_tella@yahoo.com, 08022152292, 08191221491.
Re: Motivational Speaker Charges by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 12, 2012
@Idtiwo, I am glad for your success. Do not mind all the posters talking funny. It is clear that you cannot charge as some of these established guys. What I would say is, estimate what you will need to buy proper clothes to do presentations and attend meetings, bearing in mind that in the business of public speaking appearance is key (but glood clothes are not always expensive). How much will you need to transport yourself decently? How much do value an hour of your time? What other tools will you need to succeed-laptop, internet, etc. And what is the span of the contract. All these will give you an idea of what is a fair charge. Do not undercharge or you will lose out. You might also want google around and do some research. After all said, N150,000-250,000 should be fair depending on the content of your presentation (if it is something really unique, you ask more), the quality of your research and presentation and the profile of the company. At the end, you have to honestly estimate yourself and determine how you measure up against others beginners in the industry.

1 Like

Re: Motivational Speaker Charges by lanreecom(m): 1:16am On Feb 14, 2012
@ didadavid, pls kindly send your personal or company profile to rccg.kc2@gmail.com. my pastor need to see it

Thank you , God bless you richly.
Re: Motivational Speaker Charges by DonSegmond(m): 2:51am On Feb 15, 2012
You have to be realistic. Don't pay attention to the guy talking about those who charge upwards of N1million. You are not them, at least not yet. You have to start from somewhere. This is your part time gig, so you have to approach it as such. Look at what it costs you in terms of time to be there, to get there, to prepare for it, money, etc. You must at least cover that for starters. Now, examine the people you are speaking for and to, and examine the value they provide. Look at how much money the company has and figure out how much you can ask for without them being too offended. Ask for high enough that they may say no, but will still want to negotiate and meet you a bit down without too much bargaining.

Provided they pay enough to cover those expenses we mentioned early, take it. Consider it a free lesson. Practice, build up and try to find new clients to speak to. If you are good, you can get more gigs, the more you get, the more you can up your price.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account / Goldshield Network / Buying A Franchise Is The Easist Way To Start A Business Without Loosing Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.