Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

How To Spend Valentine's Day On A Budget - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Spend Valentine's Day On A Budget (4450 Views)

Photo Of The Day: On A Scale Of 1-10, Rate This Ukwu Of This African Beauty / How To Spend Valentine's Day Alone / How Will You Spend Valentine's Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Spend Valentine's Day On A Budget by mitchyy(f): 7:21am On Feb 11, 2012
How much do you spend on Valentine's Day?
No one will hold it against you if you resort to some cost-effective creativity in the name of love.
Here are some of the best ideas for a Valentine's Day on a budget – which won't break the bank, or anyone's heart.

Date Ideas

The Romantic Meal for Two
If you feel that the romantic meal out for two is an obligatory part of the celebrations, then there are ways to go out without spending a small fortune.
Go online, check magazines and newspapers to see restaurants who may be doing special promotions. There are also a good number of discount-giving sites in Nigeria who often have special offers on meals.
Of course, you could also consider moving the date by fixing the date the weekend before valentine since it falls on a working day.

Do Lunch
Restaurants will be extremely packed for dinner on Valentine’s Day. To avoid the crowds and save some cash, have lunch! We know you can't afford that time on a working day so you can decide to move it to the saturday or sunday after Valentine.
Most restaurants have a cheaper lunch menu and can be helpful if you’re on a budget.

Staying in
This idea has been adopted by lots of couples even those with good financial means to afford the elaborate date in fancy restaurants.
Since you might both be dashing to work the next day you can make this very short. Find a store that offers a take home meal and serve by candlelight with a bottle of wine over a short romantic movie before going to bed.
This option is preferable because it affords you and that special one some privacy away from the prying eyes of others.

Home-made Gift Ideas

1. Go through Papers and magazines that contain Valentine inspired stories; cut out relevant words and phrases and attach them to a piece of cardboard.
Or Simply attach a photo of you and your partner, and write where the photograph was taken and what the memory means to you.
These cards will won't cost up to 200 naira to create, and will be infinitely more personal and meaningful than anything the shops have to offer.

2. Write down 10 things you love about your partner on a sheet of paper and stick it somewhere they will see it first thing in the morning, such as inside their wardrobe or on the bathroom mirror.

3. Take some pictures of the two of you together and place them in chronological order of events of when you met first, years of togetherness in relationship and so on. Frame them together or create a hand-made album and gift it to your beloved. It goes without saying she/ he will be impressed.

4. This valentine season, there would be lots of giveaway contests, where they would offer wonderful gifts and prizes. Try and enter as many contests as possible and convince your partner to join as well. With your beloved by your side there is a high chance that you might turn incredibly lucky and might as well win the contests.

5. Take a little trouble of creating an at-home spa day for your mate the weekend before or after Valentine. When you deliver the gift in a basket, make sure you add inexpensive candles, bubble bath, rose petals, facial mask and scrub. Let your loved one get the full experience of the spa and relax for a while.
In order to play on this idea quite a bit, you can also give him/ her a refreshing massage and rejuvenate the senses. This is an excellent gift idea to your valentine, something that is very innovative as well as within your budget.

These ways you'll be giving a gift that your partner will remember throughout the year.

Your criticisms as usual are welcome.
Re: How To Spend Valentine's Day On A Budget by Goshen360(m): 4:13pm On Feb 11, 2012
Valentine day has being cancelled worldwide. The reason is this, 14 - 2 - 12 = 0.
Re: How To Spend Valentine's Day On A Budget by Leffe2010: 4:19pm On Feb 11, 2012
dont like ur idea or just becos you are broke does not  mean every body is broke as for me i have spent nothing less than 1.750.000 on val 4 my boo ladies deserve better big up bro
Re: How To Spend Valentine's Day On A Budget by joeace2020(m): 4:26pm On Feb 11, 2012
what's the fuss abot valentine? geezzzz una get time oooo, women wey go still jilt una
Re: How To Spend Valentine's Day On A Budget by Goshen360(m): 4:26pm On Feb 11, 2012
I didn't say I am broke. I said it's being cancelled.
Re: How To Spend Valentine's Day On A Budget by mufc009(m): 4:36pm On Feb 11, 2012
Trash
Re: How To Spend Valentine's Day On A Budget by joeace2020(m): 4:36pm On Feb 11, 2012
goshen360:

I didn't say I am broke. I said it's being cancelled.

he wasnt referring to you
Re: How To Spend Valentine's Day On A Budget by Goshen360(m): 5:16pm On Feb 11, 2012
joeace2020:

he wasnt referring to you

I was responding to leffe2010
Re: How To Spend Valentine's Day On A Budget by gabreel: 5:27pm On Feb 11, 2012
spend something or nothing. show some love to your fellow neighbor.God is love. and love is keeping His command. cheers!
Re: How To Spend Valentine's Day On A Budget by Goshen360(m): 5:35pm On Feb 11, 2012
You are right n love is not meant for just one day. God kind of love is a lifestyle.
Re: How To Spend Valentine's Day On A Budget by freecocoa(f): 5:43pm On Feb 11, 2012
Is it just me or what?seems like thus particular Valentine has a lot of fuss with it,what's so special about it sef?
Re: How To Spend Valentine's Day On A Budget by mamaruthie(f): 6:26pm On Feb 11, 2012
@ gabreel:
spend something or nothing. show some love to your fellow neighbor.God is love. and love is keeping His command. cheers! And goshen360. Truth. Its not about the spending, its about the loving and the spreading of love everyday.
Re: How To Spend Valentine's Day On A Budget by TroyJay(m): 6:29pm On Feb 11, 2012
mitchyy:

How much do you spend on Valentine's Day?
No one will hold it against you if you resort to some cost-effective creativity in the name of love.
Here are some of the best ideas for a Valentine's Day on a budget – which won't break the bank, or anyone's heart.

Date Ideas

The Romantic Meal for Two
If you feel that the romantic meal out for two is an obligatory part of the celebrations, then there are ways to go out without spending a small fortune.
Go online, check magazines and newspapers to see restaurants who may be doing special promotions. There are also a good number of discount-giving sites in Nigeria who often have special offers on meals.
Of course, you could also consider moving the date by fixing the date the weekend before valentine since it falls on a working day.

Do Lunch
Restaurants will be extremely packed for dinner on Valentine’s Day. To avoid the crowds and save some cash, have lunch! We know you can't afford that time on a working day so you can decide to move it to the saturday or sunday after Valentine.
Most restaurants have a cheaper lunch menu and can be helpful if you’re on a budget.

Staying in
This idea has been adopted by lots of couples even those with good financial means to afford the elaborate date in fancy restaurants.
Since you might both be dashing to work the next day you can make this very short. Find a store that offers a take home meal and serve by candlelight with a bottle of wine over a short romantic movie before going to bed.
This option is preferable because it affords you and that special one some privacy away from the prying eyes of others.

Home-made Gift Ideas

1. Go through Papers and magazines that contain Valentine inspired stories; cut out relevant words and phrases and attach them to a piece of cardboard.
Or Simply attach a photo of you and your partner, and write where the photograph was taken and what the memory means to you.
These cards will won't cost up to 200 naira to create, and will be infinitely more personal and meaningful than anything the shops have to offer.

2. Write down 10 things you love about your partner on a sheet of paper and stick it somewhere they will see it first thing in the morning, such as inside their wardrobe or on the bathroom mirror.

3. Take some pictures of the two of you together and place them in chronological order of events of when you met first, years of togetherness in relationship and so on. Frame them together or create a hand-made album and gift it to your beloved. It goes without saying she/ he will be impressed.

4. This valentine season, there would be lots of giveaway contests, where they would offer wonderful gifts and prizes. Try and enter as many contests as possible and convince your partner to join as well. With your beloved by your side there is a high chance that you might turn incredibly lucky and might as well win the contests.

5. Take a little trouble of creating an at-home spa day for your mate the weekend before or after Valentine. When you deliver the gift in a basket, make sure you add inexpensive candles, bubble bath, rose petals, facial mask and scrub. Let your loved one get the full experience of the spa and relax for a while.
In order to play on this idea quite a bit, you can also give him/ her a refreshing massage and rejuvenate the senses. This is an excellent gift idea to your valentine, something that is very innovative as well as within your budget.

These ways you'll be giving a gift that your partner will remember throughout the year.

Your criticisms as usual are welcome.
Where on earth will i have time for this? And why would you need a budget to spend on the so called love day? Must you spend on a day dedicated to the so called Pastor Valentine?
Re: How To Spend Valentine's Day On A Budget by Mutee: 12:10am On Feb 12, 2012
freecocoa:

Is it just me or what?seems like thus particular Valentine has a lot of fuss with it,what's so special about it sef?

I tire oh, If you ask me, na who i go ask
Re: How To Spend Valentine's Day On A Budget by Sike(m): 3:54pm On Feb 12, 2012
_-_
Re: How To Spend Valentine's Day On A Budget by henryhemon(m): 8:37pm On Feb 12, 2012
Why do most naija gals think that its the responsibility of a boyfriend to take care of them in a relationship?baffles me really.

(1) (Reply)

Funny And Crazy Pix (18+) / 5 Awesome Things You Should Know About Lastborns / A Ghanian Shares Her Story About Nigerian Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.