Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg (17923 Views)

Remembering Lucky Dube, 6 Years After ! / Damino Damoche Shot Dead At LASU Gate / Which One Do U Prefer, Lucky Dube Or Bob Marley Songs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by choco4life(m): 10:29am On Oct 19, 2007
What a sad way to loose a reggae music icon, one of Africa's best sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by Akhan1(m): 10:30am On Oct 19, 2007
some ppl are heartless, ow can u look at ur fellow brother and shot him, just like dat, kai.

wonder who the next tanget ll be

may God 4give him

rest in peace my man
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 19, 2007
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Pls God not again! cry
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 19, 2007
guys,

are u sure that FIFA wont revoke the rights given to South Africa to host the 2010 World Cup?
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by tammyy2k1(m): 10:51am On Oct 19, 2007
We r livin in a fuckin world where human life is not respected if not why the thought of murder towards a great figure in the music world not to talk of murderin him in cold blood.
T's kinda crazy shocked
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by tammyy2k1(m): 10:53am On Oct 19, 2007
Ist it was 2face now dube whose next?
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by mailmalc(m): 10:58am On Oct 19, 2007
[size=20pt]R.I.P. DUBE[/size] cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by lawuyi(m): 11:01am On Oct 19, 2007
May his soul rest in perfect peace.

SA is gettin more and more crazy with this kind of violence starting to affect world renowned people.

By the way the guy was not a nigerian ooooooo
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by Joey82(m): 11:02am On Oct 19, 2007
Lucky once said 'we're living in a crazy world, where people are dying like flies and u'll ony know about it when a man in a long black coat (death) knocks on ur door, cos u're his next victim'
today, that prophesy has come to pass on him, indeed a crazy world cry cry cry angry sad

1 Like

Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by Ralvy(m): 11:05am On Oct 19, 2007
tammy_y2k1:

Ist it was 2face now dube whose next?

Hey angry

2Face was Shot . . .

Lucky Dube was SHOT DEAD
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by 3dhunter(m): 11:11am On Oct 19, 2007
his music and message will live on
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by Scopium: 11:27am On Oct 19, 2007
Oh jah poor rastaman, My condolence to the rasta world may his rasta soul rest in rasta peace
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by topeorekoy(m): 11:30am On Oct 19, 2007
damn lucky dube again? thats serious. anyway sha r.i.p
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by deekseen(m): 11:41am On Oct 19, 2007
So sad that a foremost African Reggae Legend went down that way. Started listening to his songs about 18 years ago, i was very young though, and i loved it.

Gonna miss you even though reggae is not my favourite genre. You left a legacy.

RIP Dube. cry cry cry
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by pule: 11:45am On Oct 19, 2007
it is sad oh!!!a so so artiste dey wan dey kill now abi? shie africa don turn to east coast - west coast war ground. Please all those Tupac n Bigg should stop this nonsense. 1st na tuface dem no succeed then dube , ; african brothers we are of same razza it is too bad.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by Wordsmith(m): 11:47am On Oct 19, 2007
R. I. P Lucky Dube

. . .and R. I. Pieces to those bastards that killed him
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by Bblak(f): 11:56am On Oct 19, 2007
Oh death! where is thy sting? sad

R.I.P Lucky Dube. cry sad
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by moondust(m): 11:59am On Oct 19, 2007
I was never really an ardent fan of Dube's, but the news really came as a shock! shocked
God rest his creative soul cry
but was he actually a Nigerian?
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by hola2ng(m): 12:08pm On Oct 19, 2007
Sad news,yer.
R.I.P, a better place awaits you!!
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by pitz(f): 12:09pm On Oct 19, 2007
he was south african. R I P LUCKY DUBE we will miss you
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by firstborn: 12:14pm On Oct 19, 2007
i heard the news this morning while listening to CoolFm national and global update. it's really tragic. Johannesburg has confirmed itself as the crime capital of the world. i use to think it's lagos. But who cares, it can happen anywhere; afterall tuface barely escaped with his life 3 weeks ago. nowhere is safe.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by Dekie(f): 12:16pm On Oct 19, 2007
Madam poster. Na wa o.Thank God sha, Seun was smart enough to have changed the topic before people were misled.

But then who will blame you? we've listened to lucky Dube's music so much that we think he's an Edo man. Any way Jah dey. Evil cannot hide too long.

But abeg madam no dey fall our hand, the one wey madam speaker do don reach us. Next time before you do 'i wan carry first' post anything, Check ur details.

One love
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by lagoshost(m): 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2007
Oh! Great man - Well, Reggae Man Never Die - RIP
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by kenwhyte(m): 12:34pm On Oct 19, 2007
I wish we have a minute silence for reggae maestro

RIP lucky Dube
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by blackchief(m): 12:40pm On Oct 19, 2007
TRIBUTE TO LUCKY

the SOUL TAKER  have come to take your soul brother, even if the man that kill you has  made you a VICTIM as a result of the poor security system of you nation  ( A country you love so much), worry not c'os REGGE IS STRONGE and nobody can stop regge.

R I P BROTHER
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by crazyT(m): 12:45pm On Oct 19, 2007
cry Another Legend gone too soon may his soul rest in peace   cry
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by Uche2nna(m): 12:46pm On Oct 19, 2007
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by MP007(m): 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2007
South African reggae musician, Lucky Dube, was shot dead in front of his children in Johannesburg during an attempted car hijacking.

The musician was dropping his teenage son and daughter off in the suburb of Rosettenville on Thursday evening.

Police say they were already out of the car when three shots were fired through a car window killing their father.

One of South Africa's most popular artists, Lucky Dube toured the world singing about social problems.

The BBC's Mpho Lakaje in Johannesburg says the murder reflects the high crime rate in South Africa.

At the crash site on Thursday night, Mr Dube's silver-grey Chrysler was surrounded by a group of investigating officers noticing bloodstains on the seats and shattered windows.

Police said after the shots were fired, the car rolled a few metres down the road and crashed into a tree.

"He was declared dead on the scene," Police inspector Lorrain Van Immareck told the BBC.

She said it was suspected that three people were responsible for the attack.

Earlier this year, Lucky Dube told the BBC how he came by his name.

"When I was born I was sick so they thought I was going to die so they didn't give me a name till I was six months or so, They waited for me to die, but when I didn't die they said, 'Wow, he's a very lucky boy!' So they called me Lucky," he said.

He began his career by singing mbaqanga (traditional Zulu) music and recorded his first album with the Super Soul band in 1982.

He later moved into reggae, producing Rastas Never Die and Think About The Children in 1984.

His albums Slave, Prisoner and Together As One saw him gain first national, and then global, recognition.

Three years ago his 1989 anti-apartheid hit Together as One, which calls for world peace and harmony, was voted one of Africa's top 10 songs by BBC readers and listeners.

Lucky Dube released his most recent album, Respect, in April.
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by tammyy2k1(m): 12:59pm On Oct 19, 2007
@Ralvy
I understand ur grief but u see thats to show the level of development Nigeria is sitll developing so one shot on 2face sent him to d hospital but SA is one of the developed countries so one shot sent L D to meet Haille Sellasie. wink
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by tafari(m): 1:07pm On Oct 19, 2007
       DUBE LIVES

JAH LIVE! CHILDREN YEAH!
JAH-JAH LIVE! CHILDREN YEAH
JAH LIVE! CHILDREN YEAH!

THE TRUTH IS AN OFFENSE BUT NOT A SIN
IS HE WHO LAUGH LAST, CHILDREN!
IS HE WHO WIN
IS A FOOLISH DOG BARK AT A FLYING BIRD!
ONE SHEEP MUST LEARN, CHILREN!
TO RESPECT THE SHEPHERD!

FOOLS SAYIN IN THEIR HEART
RASTA YOUR GOD IS DEAD
BUT I AND I KNOW JAH! JAH!
DREADED IT SHALL BE DREADED AND DREAD

LET JAH A-RISE!
NOW THAT THE ENEMIES ARE SCATTERED
LET JAH A-RISE
THE ENEMIES, THE ENEMIES ARE SCATTERED.

JAH LIVE! CHILDREN YEAH!
JAH LIVE! CHILDREN YEAH!
JAH-JAH LIVE! CHILDREN YEAH.

Rasta dube, your demise came to me as a rude shock, but I and I know it is just a transition to hereafter, to further spread the gospel of JAH.
DUBE, wherever you GO, remember the RASTAS`and NYABINGHI.
DUBE, wherever you ARE, we LOVE YOU.

words can NEVER describe how you have impacted positively, thru your music and message ,  the entire AFRICAN NATIONS AND OTHER BLACK NATIONALITIES. Your message of PEACE, ONENESS, FREEDOM and JUSTICE shall remain evergreen in our heart.  

ADIEU DUBE TILL WE MEET AT THE BOSSOM OF JAH RASTAFARI.  cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1YKg7ScfYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qPTiwdPflE
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by ozigbo(m): 1:38pm On Oct 19, 2007
my he soul RIP
Re: Lucky Dube Shot Dead In Johannesburg by Carlosein(m): 1:45pm On Oct 19, 2007
Oh my name sake, they have managed to kill you too, what a shame and a collosal loss.

May your soul rest in the bossom of the Lord and in the peace which you sang about in all your songs. amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 / Davido, Wizkid, Simi Bag AFRIMA Awards 2018 Nominations (see Full List) / Headies Disqualification Of Portable Is Possibly Unfair, Do You Agree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.