Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads (9578 Views)

Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence / Osama Bin Laden Is Alive - Abdulmutallab / New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 14, 2012
Chyz*:

I agree. dont sentence him to life just give him 70yrs.

Haba you are wicked , isn't that too much. I think 69 years , 11 months , 29 days and 23 hours is more appropriate.
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by Ayatullah(m): 10:26pm On Feb 14, 2012
You guys should always read between the lines. FAROUK is not the one pleading, but the lawyer america impose on him, let's present things the way they are period!
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by safarigirl(f): 11:31pm On Feb 14, 2012
Why beg for his life when he was seconds away from taking that ☺₣ hundreds, directly or indirectly?
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by DonSegmond(m): 11:32pm On Feb 14, 2012
KnowAll:

What the lawyer is simply telling the court is,

I WANT TO KILL HIM/HER/SOMEONE  IS

DIFFERENT FROM

I HAVE KILLED HIM/HER/SOMEONE

A MAN CANNOT BE ADMONISHED WITH THE HIGHEST PUNISHMENT FOR AN OFFENCE THAT HAS NOT TAKEN PLACE!!!

It is true that the thought of killing is different from the act of killing.  But it's not the case that his crime was that of a thought crime.   He actually attempted to kill, but he failed due to his inexperience and inadequate planning.   He didn't try to kill one person, but multitude.   Even if he was charged with first degree attempted murder,  he would easily face 10yrs.  Now when you take in per count for each passenger on that plane then you see he it will add up just as much as a life sentence.  Take into his account of not being repentant for what he has done, and you will see he deserves no mercy and absolutely no parole.  Life in sentence without the possibility of parole is a present for him.  He deserves death, but then again, it's arguable that would be an easy escape too.   He needs to spend the rest of his miserable life behind bars and hopefully he will find enlightenment and truth, so he can have salvation when he meets his maker.
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by Vansnickers: 12:29am On Feb 15, 2012
Picture of Terrorist Prison Cell, i am sure he will feel right at Home.
[img]http://nicedeb.files./2008/06/gitmo.jpg[/img]
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by Arkhin(m): 12:36am On Feb 15, 2012
He should be given 7 life sentences so that each time he re-incarnates,he'll spend his lifetime in prison and by the time he does 5 lifetimes in prison, he'll grow tired of coming back.
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by SNCOQ3(m): 6:47am On Feb 15, 2012
nwanna89:

NO NO NO. If you kill him by hanging or lethal injection, nothing is gained, because the guy was already going to kill himself in the plane. Therefore, he should be sentenced to life in prison, so he suffers more. After 50 years, he'll be 75 and he'd be in prison wishing he was dead. Don't take his life away from him, take the world away from him.

Well said. With the scale of offense, i don't think a presidential pardon is likely for another 1000 years.
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by kodewrita(m): 12:51pm On Feb 15, 2012
Proverbs 1:8 Listen, my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching.
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by KnowAll(m): 12:54pm On Feb 15, 2012
mass hysteria, our husbands has gone mad again, but this time the world has gone bunkers!!!1 lipsrsealed
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by juman(m): 6:56pm On Feb 15, 2012
All power belong to God.
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by LordReed(m): 11:04am On Feb 17, 2012
@KnowAll
So from your skewed reasoning it is better to give him another chance to be a suicide bomber (and in Nigeria at that) than for him to be incarcerated?

Thank God justice is not in the hands of your ilk.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation / 2019: PDP’s Candidate Must Be Prepared To Be President From Day 1 - Maibasira / APC, PDP Attack INEC Over Bauchi, Adamawa Gov Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.