Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,395 members, 7,836,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads (9590 Views)

Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence / Osama Bin Laden Is Alive - Abdulmutallab / New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by grailife(m): 11:28am On Feb 14, 2012
if our corrupt politicians aint getting life imprisonment and death sentence then this brainwashed boy is supposed to be set free, they should go after those that brainwashed him
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by KnowAll(m): 11:32am On Feb 14, 2012
There are a lot of sentimentality and emotionalist issues at stake here(let us not forget 3,000 Americans died during 9/11), if we are to look at this case on the hard graft facts of what transpired on that plane and not some spurious conjured scared evidence, fictions and delusions then it suffices us to say one would be able to say with all degree of certainty that this is a case of institutionalised witch-hunt buoyed by a public baying for blood, this has always been the lopsidedness of the American Judicial system.

Mass hysteria and lynch mob sentimentality has always been the bane of the America judicial system from time immemorial. Many moons ago the lackadaisical American immigration system deported some American-Somalians for being illegal immigrants and barely some months ago a young black girl was deported to Columbia for being an illegal alien, only for her to return back to the States many months after once they realise their calamitous deportation with an unwanted pregnancy.

What this young man should get is a good twisting of the ear, put back on a plane and send back to his Boko Haramic roots rather than them holding him on like a circus animal.

Some people might be appalled by this suggestion, but the fact still remains this unlawful combatant wants to die in battle(I am guessing he would team up with the Boko Haramics when back in Nigeria) and I trust our unruly forces in Nigeria, with a few fist full of dollars that boy would be a goner b4 one say Jackie Stone.

13-Year-Old Black American Girl Mistakenly Deported To Colombia For Two Years And Is Now Pregnant (Video)
Oleh: admin
January 5, 2012

In 2010, at age 13, African-American teen, Jakadrien Turner, who was born in America, was mistakenly deported to Colombia, by U.S. immigration agents, due to a stolen identification she used, after running away from home. Her parents had divorced and her grandfather died, leaving Turner traumatized.

Her grandmother, Lorene Turner, who has been searching for her the entire time stated, “God just kept leading me. I wake up in the middle of the night and do whatever God told me to do, and I found her.” Turner has been found working in Colombia, cleaning houses for the past two years and is now pregnant.

The U.S. government has stated they will immediately investigate the matter, as verification of her fingerprints were not done before she was erroneously deported to Colombia, where she currently sits in a detention center
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by Prince081: 11:35am On Feb 14, 2012
To him life sentence is a waste of time. He is in a hurry to meet the 77 virgins and needs to be treated as such.
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by kufreabasi(m): 11:40am On Feb 14, 2012
what are they still keeping him for? they should allow him go and exercise his talent in the grave to see if live there is sweet
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 14, 2012
Us govt  should throw this guy down from sears tower in Chicago he is not different from Bin laden   angry

instead of his 70 virgins, his a[i]s[/i]shole is going to be disvirgined in jail by seventy hardened bobo
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by Ninapha(f): 11:43am On Feb 14, 2012
grailife:

they should pardon him and let him go. I believe he deserve a second chance.

angrylipsrsealed
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by bisiaet: 12:01pm On Feb 14, 2012
This boy is so funny so he love life and freedom and he went to joined demonic suicide bombers? This is interesting any oh boy is too late now I thought you said you are a man and no remorse in you for what you did so why pleading? Please oh boy with joy and smile face the music.
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by yam: 12:16pm On Feb 14, 2012
I have learnt a lot from people view and comment about this post.this does not have to do with terorist or Americans

1, in any attempt to kill and the victim survived,the accused has more than 50% opportunity to be still be alive depending on
the environment and people and who the accused is.

2,in any attempt to kill and the victim dies, the accused has less or more than 50% opportunity to live depending on the factors above

3, the reason why i said this is that people easily forget things.if d tsunami that killed more than 28,000 in japan was human then it has the opportunity of beign alive and killing the rest of japan.
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by adebayo111: 12:22pm On Feb 14, 2012
why are you all quick to suggest a death penalty. I smell religious and ethnicity bias here. Most of us here are not better than him. If Jesus can aske God to forgive people that nailed him to the cross, who are you all to campaign for a death sentence. You hypocrites.
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by SAFO(m): 12:37pm On Feb 14, 2012
^^^ so the attempt on 300 innocent lives should be pardoned because one over zealous heretic believes in some azz backwards philosophy?

Life in prison is even too lenient for this bastard.

Let God forgive his rotten carcass when he's dead and gone.
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by violent(m): 12:44pm On Feb 14, 2012
@Knowall

If i follow your arguments closely, are you implying that the young man's admission of guilt to all charges is enough to make a case for insanity?  Or are you implying that a good twisting of the ear is necessary in this case given that "the guy only plans to kill someone" but "hasn't necessarily killed someone"?

From what I have read so far, he's being charged with some of the graviest allegations, one of which includes an attempt to wage war on against the United States of America.  The fact that he hasn't succeeded in this attempt does not make him any less culpable for the crime. Under US laws, the motive, plan, and action is all that's needed to lock this young man away for ever, .

If a man attempts to rob a bank and was caught in the process, you wouldn't really advocate that a good twisting of the ear should be enough after all he hasn't really robbed the bank, would you?
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by TEEGBE: 1:40pm On Feb 14, 2012
THAT GUY'S MIND IS MESSED UP ALREADY, THEY SLD SENTENCE HIM TO LIFE IMPRISONMENT, SO AS NOT TO COMMIT MORE EVIL, IMAGINE HIM CALLING BOMB A [color=#990000]BLESSED TOOL[/color] angry angry angry angry
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by KnowAll(m): 1:50pm On Feb 14, 2012
@Knowall

If i follow your arguments closely, are you implying that the young man's admission of guilt to all charges is enough to make a case for insanity?  Or are you implying that a good twisting of the ear is necessary in this case given that "the guy only plans to kill someone" but "hasn't necessarily killed someone"?

From what I have read so far, he's being charged with some of the graviest allegations, one of which includes an attempt to wage war on against the United States of America.  The fact that he hasn't succeeded in this attempt does not make him any less culpable for the crime. Under US laws, the motive, plan, and action is all that's needed to lock this young man away for ever,  .

If a man attempts to rob a bank and was caught in the process, you wouldn't really advocate that a good twisting of the ear should be enough after all he hasn't really robbed the bank, would you?

that is your answer there,

this is a case of institutionalised witch-hunt buoyed by a public baying for blood, this has always been the loopsidedness of the American Judicial system. If this boy is put in a cage and a fee charged the same clueless Americans would pay to have a view, if this is not a circus then tell me what a circus is? undecided
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by SAFO(m): 2:03pm On Feb 14, 2012
Where is the mass hysteria from a man trying to detonate a bomb, only to end up burning his genitals? He has already plead guilty to all the charges.

Your case has no merit.

A lopsided judicial system doesn't equate in this instance.
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by sirjec(m): 2:09pm On Feb 14, 2012
Nawaoo. Somebody that wanted to die on that day. Should he have succeeded, he would have been dead by now. Well let them sentence him to anything they wish.
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by KayDee4: 2:11pm On Feb 14, 2012
LOL!! I understand it is natural for lawyers to argue this way;, so until people are 'seriously hurt' or they lose their lives will you agree that the scumbag lil kid is a hazard to the world and should be kept  away from other normal people for life.

Abeg they should keep him o, because even if he is deported to Nigeria, he will join Boko Haram and become an expatriate member, chairman with foreign experience.

grailife:

I pray that they should forgive him because the boy was brainwashed.  In God we trust.

He's not been cured of his brainwash yet and might never be.

grailife:

they should pardon him and let him go. I believe he deserve a second chance.

If he becomes a free man free from all charges, and gets on a plane with you, will you fly with him ?  I wont be comfortaable flying anywhere if i knew a well known 'mutallab' was on the loose.

**slams gavel** LIFE without the possibility of parole.   angry angry
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by KnowAll(m): 2:15pm On Feb 14, 2012
Where is the mass hysteria from a man trying to detonate a bomb, only to end up burning his Cores? He has already plead guilty to all the charges.

Your case has no merit.

A lopsided judicial system doesn't equate in this instance.

It does apply, because America has a long and chequred history of mass hysteria as you can read below from the Japanese-American internment experince of 1942.

Japanese-American internment was the relocation and internment by the United States government in 1942 of approximately 110,000 Japanese Americans and Japanese who lived along the Pacific coast of the United States to camps called "War Relocation Camps," in the wake of Imperial Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor.[1][2] The internment of Japanese Americans was applied unequally throughout the United States. Japanese Americans who lived on the West Coast of the United States were all interned, while in Hawaii, where more than 150,000 Japanese Americans composed over one-third of the territory's population, 1,200[3] to 1,800 Japanese Americans were interned.[4] Of those interned, 62% were American citizens.[5][6]

President Franklin D. Roosevelt authorized the internment with Executive Order 9066, issued February 19, 1942, which allowed local military commanders to designate "military areas" as "exclusion zones," from which "any or all persons may be excluded." This power was used to declare that all people of Japanese ancestry were excluded from the entire Pacific coast, including all of California and most of Oregon and Washington, except for those in internment camps.[7] In 1944, the Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of the exclusion orders,[8] while noting that the provisions that singled out people of Japanese ancestry were a separate issue outside the scope of the proceedings.[9] The United States Census Bureau assisted the internment efforts by providing confidential neighborhood information on Japanese Americans. The Bureau's role was denied for decades, but was finally proven in 2007.[10][11]

In 1988, Congress passed and President Ronald Reagan signed legislation which apologized for the internment on behalf of the U.S. government. The legislation said that government actions were based on "race prejudice, war hysteria, and a failure of political leadership".[12] The U.S. government eventually disbursed more than $1.6 billion in reparations to Japanese Americans who had been interned and their heirs
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by SAFO(m): 2:29pm On Feb 14, 2012
So your argument is that because some past transgressions were handled poorly we should turn a blind eye?

If that's the case let's let every criminal go scott free since every nation has a checquerd history.

Not a good stance IMO.
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by PurestBoy(m): 2:36pm On Feb 14, 2012
KnowAll:

It does apply, because America has a long and chequred history of mass hysteria as you can read below from the Japanese-American internment experince of 1942.

[size=15pt]I wish I know where you live, you deserve to be arrested and jailed alongside with him, You're a terrorist, bastardd[/size]
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by oiseworld: 3:06pm On Feb 14, 2012
i don't think he should be pardoned. He's luck to get a life sentence. He had already blown up that airline in his mind he was only unable physically. Its as good as doing it. Let him face the ca.pital purnis.hment.
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by badesco(m): 3:09pm On Feb 14, 2012
The Americans are even lenient with this useless bomber. The spoilt brat deserve a death penalty not life imprisonment.
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by konami001: 3:20pm On Feb 14, 2012
Make im nor fear at all, im na government property and dem go do anything dem like to am,
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by onyxo76(m): 3:29pm On Feb 14, 2012
so this useless boy is still in the news, yankee is very lenient with this chap, i wish he attempted this on his way to hong kong or somewhere in china. those chinese no dey hear sorry , na death by hanging or firing squad instanta. now the guy wants freedom, abeg give him life jare.
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by babyboy3(m): 3:40pm On Feb 14, 2012
This guy should be thinking about avoiding the Electric chair!!!!
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by queensmith: 7:07pm On Feb 14, 2012
i thought the us had a special prison for terrorists?

They better kill him or give him life because if they release him to naija he will be back in yemen sowing terrorist seeds in NO TIME!

a word is enough for the wise
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 14, 2012
NO NO NO. If you kill him by hanging or lethal injection, nothing is gained, because the guy was already going to kill himself in the plane. Therefore, he should be sentenced to life in prison, so he suffers more. After 50 years, he'll be 75 and he'd be in prison wishing he was dead. Don't take his life away from him, take the world away from him.
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by 9jaIhail(m): 8:29pm On Feb 14, 2012
If America mistakenly allow this guy to return to Nigeria at this point of time when we are battling with locally trained boko haram, in fact with his experience in Yemen boko haram will gain more strength.boko haram have not been able reaching aso rock but with this Yemen based professionally trained Islamic terrorist Abdulmutallab aso rock might be blow up, and you will hear me sing Christmas song
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by violent(m): 8:30pm On Feb 14, 2012
KnowAll:

that is your answer there,

this is a case of institutionalised witch-hunt buoyed by a public baying for blood, this has always been the loopsidedness of the American Judicial system. If this boy is put in a cage and a fee charged the same clueless Americans would pay to have a view, if this is not a circus then tell me what a circus is? undecided

Institutionalised witch-hunt? Excuse me, but this argument of yours will fall flat even if stacked up against several thousands of unreasonable logic.  

American Judicial system or not, a terror attack/attempt anywhere in the world is bound to be followed by a public baying for blood,. . . . If the government of Norway puts Anders Behring Breivik in a cage, thousands, if not millions will pay to have a view!. . same thing applied  when the body of Ghaddaffi was put on display in in Libya!

You can't rule out Public sentiments, it's the sole foundation for justice. It's the assurance people demand that their governments can keep them safe. This is not a circus, 300 families would have had their lives changed forever if this terrorist had succeeded. You can't blame them for howling for blood or Justice, it's why they have hope in the system in the first place and it's the same hope they had that stopped them from delivering Jungle Justice on the underwear bomber

If you attempt to kill me unlawfully without success, i wouldn't sleep at night till i know you're are locked away forever or at best six feet below, this is no witch-hunting, it's pure cold Justice!
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by Beaf: 8:45pm On Feb 14, 2012
The best thing would be to give the id!ot various bombs to play with.
It is a real pity that he was a virgin before he committed the crime and he now stands the chance spending a lifetime in jail without ever knowing the taste of sweet puzzy (when he bends to pick the soap, he'll be getting a stiff one up the *** though grin).
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by madprof(m): 9:20pm On Feb 14, 2012
That boy deserves 10 life sentences in a concentration camp, not a prison where he can watch free cable and get a Ph. D by correspondence. angry
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by Chyz2: 9:23pm On Feb 14, 2012
I agree. dont sentence him to life just give him 70yrs.
Re: Don’t Sentence Me To Life, Abdulmutallab Pleads by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 14, 2012
@grailife
A second chance to do what exactly make another attempt to blow up another plane

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra / The Real Meaning Of "Sai Buhari", This Might Just Shock You / Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.