Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,716 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:50 AM

Muslim-christian Love Story Going Awry: What Can We Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Muslim-christian Love Story Going Awry: What Can We Do? (3756 Views)

Pictures : A True Love Story! Another Surprise Proposal (lovers From Age 16) / A Love Story In 22 Pictures / When Marriage Proposals Go Awry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim-christian Love Story Going Awry: What Can We Do? by bolargeez(m): 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2007
It was as if we were overtly meant for each other. We've been inseperable for the past nine months. She is a Christian and I a muslim. Suddenly she started freaking out, saying she can't marry a muslim. She's really hurting herself as she is having a  sleepless night. She is in love with me from all indication, but she is totally torn.

What can we do to save her and my love because life without her is somehow incomplete. Save me save my gal. I let her realize that religion is nothing about relationship this but she is getting berserk.

Kindly advise,
Re: Muslim-christian Love Story Going Awry: What Can We Do? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 19, 2007
I am currently in an interreligious relationship. We have been going out for 6 years and we love each other so much. We are committed to each other and
against the odds, marriage is seriously in the books. I am a christain from a strong Christain background and i inderstand her fears. My Family are strongly against any relationship with him. But we have both tried in vain to break up and we cant exist without each other. If your love is strong enough it will stand if not it will be tough.
It is very difficult but There will always be a way.
Good luck
Re: Muslim-christian Love Story Going Awry: What Can We Do? by ewolode: 7:17pm On Oct 19, 2007
Love or affection is not an end to this our heartly world but a means to a good eternity in the life hereafter.So Interreligion marriage or should i say relationship to me is personal and should be view from one angle;Are a good Christen or Good Muslim. if your answer is YES!you should known what Bible and Quran says about this and other interrelated issues that can let someone become pious Muslim or devoted Christen.
Thank God for our live that we are learned.
Re: Muslim-christian Love Story Going Awry: What Can We Do? by olanajim(m): 8:59pm On Oct 19, 2007
@poster,
the problem you are having is clearly the handiwork of an outside party. That is why the two of you are in pain. Both of you don't want to let go, love is there, but something is missing. Unless you locate the missing link, the relationship may eventually hit the rock.

Marriage is not built on love alone. You may love one another, if other ingredients are not presence, it may end up in trash can of history. That is why love sometimes go sour.

To be candid, intereligious love affair is a complex issue that require mutual understanding on the part of the couple to succeed. This understanding would have to be built under mutual trust and confidence. Then the couple would have to contend with third parties. Their parents, friends etc. I think what you are passing through is at this stage. Somebody might have convinced her to dump you on account of the religion difference. And that somebody must be someone whose opinion she respected. Now, instead of crying, you must bear this fact in mind and find a way of persuading her to tell you exactly why she want to part from you even though it is painful for her to bear. Assure her of your understanding. If you can persuade her to unburden her heart to you, the job is half done. Why? You would be in a position to know the exact problem.

You have alot to do. As a muslim, your religion does not stop you from marrying a christain lady. The questions are: would you, for the sake of love, let her practice her religion without molestation? Can you guaranttee her freedom to practice whatever religion she choose without coaxing her into accepting yours? I am sure this kind of questions are the likely content of the advices give to her by the "third party".

If she is a strong christain, then you have to address that issues before marriage talks can proceed.

Do that and feed us back on the outcome. Cheer.

Aisha, you are indeed lucky.

1 Like

Re: Muslim-christian Love Story Going Awry: What Can We Do? by Busta(f): 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2007
U gotta calm her down and let her understand that if she truly loves u, religion should not be a barrier. Afterall, we all worship one God and there have been lots of christian-muslim marriages that is out there, they make it work for them one way or the other.

keep talking to her. . that is if u really love her if not, let her go now b4 it gets too late.

tough luck!
Re: Muslim-christian Love Story Going Awry: What Can We Do? by Onechancearmy(m): 4:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
Busta:
U gotta calm her down and let her understand that if she truly loves u, religion should not be a barrier. Afterall, we all worship one God and there have been lots of christian-muslim marriages that is out there, they make it work for them one way or the other.

keep talking to her. . that is if u really love her if not, let her go now b4 it gets too late.

tough luck!

Christians don't worship whatever thing that muslims worship.

1 Like

Re: Muslim-christian Love Story Going Awry: What Can We Do? by firstking01(m): 4:50pm On Jan 23, 2017
And this is 2007 threadsad
Re: Muslim-christian Love Story Going Awry: What Can We Do? by Ayodele20(m): 10:00am On Oct 30, 2021
Onechancearmy:

Christians don't worship whatever thing that muslims worship.

Yes! Christians worship Jesus,a slave of Allah and Muslims worship Allah,the Creator, the Lord of all that exists,One and Only true God - the Creator of the heavens and Earth,the God of Jesus,Moses,Abraham,Isaac,Muhammad and all the prophets.
Re: Muslim-christian Love Story Going Awry: What Can We Do? by Pumpumking: 10:33am On Oct 30, 2021
bolargeez:
It was as if we were overtly meant for each other. We've been inseperable for the past nine months. She is a Christian and I a muslim. Suddenly she started freaking out, saying she can't marry a muslim. She's really hurting herself as she is having a  sleepless night. She is in love with me from all indication, but she is totally torn.

What can we do to save her and my love because life without her is somehow incomplete. Save me save my gal. I let her realize that religion is nothing about relationship this but she is getting berserk.

Kindly advise,

Brother, the key to any woman is sukin there pumpum...truss me. Once u sukkkit, she will love u for life & marry u tomorow....u hav to suk her pumpum & if u shy, juss cover yor eyes & suk sir!.....u dont belif me, juss ask Siofra sir!!

(((THANK ME LATER))) smiley
Re: Muslim-christian Love Story Going Awry: What Can We Do? by siofra(f): 6:58pm On Oct 30, 2021
Pumpumking:

Brother, the key to any woman is sukin there pumpum...truss me. Once u sukkkit, she will love u for life & marry u tomorow....u hav to suk her pumpum & if u shy, juss cover yor eyes & suk sir!.....u dont belif me, juss ask Siofra sir!!

(((THANK ME LATER))) smiley

Mr. Pumpumking I thought you suck only dick (no offenvlce)
Re: Muslim-christian Love Story Going Awry: What Can We Do? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 30, 2021
Break up as fast as possible, she will be alright last last.I don't wish any Lady what my late aunt went through with this kind of marriage.
Re: Muslim-christian Love Story Going Awry: What Can We Do? by Rosement(f): 8:14pm On Oct 30, 2021
Pls, let's not bring up religious agrument. Even as a Christian you have to be careful, there is no need for you to insult anybody's faith, it's a matter of choice, everybody can serve whoever they want to serve.

Isa Masih is not Jesus Christ because the Isa Masih in the quran does not match the description of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. We Christians don't see Our Lord Jesus Christ has our brother or as a prophet, we see Him as our God and our Saviour, we adore Him and worship Him. Our Jesus Christ is not a slave of Allah, our Jesus Christ is God Himself, we believe He is the creator of Heaven and earth and He is the God of all, He is the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, David, Elijah, Daniel and so many others. There is no reason for Christians and Muslims to argue with each other, we can never agree on the same thing, we don't believe in the same God and what is in our Bible is different from what is in the quran
Re: Muslim-christian Love Story Going Awry: What Can We Do? by Rosement(f): 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2021
This comment is just on point. I know by now they would have made their decision but any other person might be going through a similar thing. It is not a sin for a Christian to marry a Muslim but one has to sit down and think about it properly before making a decision. The person also have to discuss with his/her partner about their future offspring and also be sure the relationship won't affect his/her faith in future.
olanajim:
@poster,
the problem you are having is clearly the handiwork of an outside party. That is why the two of you are in pain. Both of you don't want to let go, love is there, but something is missing. Unless you locate the missing link, the relationship may eventually hit the rock.

Marriage is not built on love alone. You may love one another, if other ingredients are not presence, it may end up in trash can of history. That is why love sometimes go sour.

To be candid, intereligious love affair is a complex issue that require mutual understanding on the part of the couple to succeed. This understanding would have to be built under mutual trust and confidence. Then the couple would have to contend with third parties. Their parents, friends etc. I think what you are passing through is at this stage. Somebody might have convinced her to dump you on account of the religion difference. And that somebody must be someone whose opinion she respected. Now, instead of crying, you must bear this fact in mind and find a way of persuading her to tell you exactly why she want to part from you even though it is painful for her to bear. Assure her of your understanding. If you can persuade her to unburden her heart to you, the job is half done. Why? You would be in a position to know the exact problem.

You have alot to do. As a muslim, your religion does not stop you from marrying a christain lady. The questions are: would you, for the sake of love, let her practice her religion without molestation? Can you guaranttee her freedom to practice whatever religion she choose without coaxing her into accepting yours? I am sure this kind of questions are the likely content of the advices give to her by the "third party".

If she is a strong christain, then you have to address that issues before marriage talks can proceed.

Do that and feed us back on the outcome. Cheer.

Aisha, you are indeed lucky.

(1) (Reply)

/ / Tripping For My Neighbour / How Many States Have You Been To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.