Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? (45576 Views)

What Buhari Achieved In Seven Months – Presidency / Yari Abubakar, Martins Elechi, Nigerias Youngest & Oldest Governors Respectively / UPDATE: Governor Martin Elechi Of Ebonyi State Loses PDP Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Afam4eva(m): 7:30pm On Feb 14, 2012
Governors of small states like Ebonyi, Ekiti and Bayelsa have not being heavily criticized by nairaland and Nigerians because they seem to be running a secret governorship. We don't hear much about them so that makes them free from criticisms. We pour our aggressions at governors that govern states with great potentials. Governors like Theo orji, peter Obi, Alao Akala etc. Please can those that are familiar with Ebonyi state tell us what the governor has achieved for the state.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by aljharem(m): 7:33pm On Feb 14, 2012
actually don't add Ekiti to your write up, the allocations Ekiti gets is one of the smallest in Nigeria

Besides that, Ebonyi and balysea gets extra from the FG due to SURE program. So their is no comparison.

Ekiti according to my sources is still way better than those states you called with it.

1 Like

Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Afam4eva(m): 7:36pm On Feb 14, 2012
alj harem:

actually don't add Ekiti to your write up, the allocations Ekiti gets is one of the smallest in Nigeria

Besides that, Ebonyi and balysea gets extra from the FG due to SURE program. So their is no comparison.

Ekiti according to my sources is still way better than those states you called with it.

Ebonyi gets almost the same amount with Ekiti. Even if they don't, are you insinuating that the governor should not perform because of the money he gets?
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:38pm On Feb 14, 2012
No way!! I never knew the dude's name Ebonyi seems so far-flung from the rest of Nigeria as it is. where is it again (geographically). there is hardly anything in the news coming from Ebonyi Negative/Positive  
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by eunisam: 8:37pm On Feb 14, 2012
I live in Ebonyi.

they is nothing to write ho,e about.

Na the same people.

we are praying that this administration comes to an end.

what we have here is uncompleted projects such as building fake bridges in the far village which nobody passes.

they is no single road Elechi can boast of.

it is in this Administration of Elechi that rendered Teaching hospital of Ebonyi state useless,now federal property

They is no strong political opposition in the state .

Infact poverty is in vogue.

Na the same people>>>looters<<<<

No Road all over the state.From enugu to Abakaliki down to Afikpo is no go Area for cars.

Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 14, 2012
Does poverty count? Then I'll give it to him.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by phantom(m): 9:08pm On Feb 14, 2012
zilch
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 14, 2012
I served in Ebonyi State two years ago, and I cannot but agree with eunisam. There's really nothing I can point to as a landmark achievement by "Ochudo" (as he is popularly called)'s administration.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Ejine(m): 12:22am On Feb 15, 2012
Does 'stone age retrogression' count tho'? If so, then yes, let us give that to him
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by johnsonpal: 9:23am On Feb 15, 2012
HNosegbe:

I served in Ebonyi State two years ago, and I cannot but agree with eunisam. There's really nothing I can point to as a landmark achievement by "Ochudo" (as he is popularly called)'s administration.
+100
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Demdem(m): 9:31am On Feb 15, 2012
Ebonyi is fast going to the dogs.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:43am On Feb 15, 2012
Demdem:

Ebonyi is fast going to the dogs.

What can be done constitutionally or otherwise wink
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by xtianh(m): 9:47am On Feb 15, 2012
Well Ebonyi state is one of those pdp ruined state. The gov.is only waiting for the regular monthly allocation from the federal government. No development, the state is blessed with so many mineral resources stil the gov.is so blind and old to see them. Some roads that were awarded, were awarded to fake and non existing constractors. The state government house is not better than my local headquarter.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Demdem(m): 9:48am On Feb 15, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

What can be done constitutionally or otherwise  wink

Occupy Ebonyi and chase away PDP.

Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by GWslim(f): 10:18am On Feb 15, 2012
The media concentration of large cities in Nigeria does not allow more news about the little known states in Nigeria to come to the fore except there is crisis in those area.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by saydfact(m): 10:21am On Feb 15, 2012
I SERVED IN EBONYI B4 THIS ADMINISTRATION 2006-07; AND FROM WHAT I'VE READ SO FAR; THE STATE IS MOVING INTO THE "FIRE" FROM THE "FRYING PAN"

kiss lipsrsealed kiss
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:24am On Feb 15, 2012
Ebonyi is an embarassment to Igbo people.

A state that has Agriculture (Abakiliki rice and Yams), yet is the poorest state in the country (competing with Ekiti).

As an Igbo state, they are a failure.

That state like Ekiti should never have been created.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Demdem(m): 10:26am On Feb 15, 2012
^^^
But the SE zone is still canvassing for more states to be created for them undecided undecided
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by feelamong(m): 10:32am On Feb 15, 2012
Cant we allow some states to acquire another angry

At least Enugu would have acquired Ebonyi and use that place as a farm settlement,

But until we stop agitating for states, these kind of states like Ebonyi, Ekiti, and other economically unviable and useless states like most of the northern states woul still be items of discuss,
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by missuzoma: 10:35am On Feb 15, 2012
De gov is so old he ought to be in an old people‘s home. Poor state is d4 running without a gov
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by otokx(m): 10:41am On Feb 15, 2012
Interesting
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:47am On Feb 15, 2012
Demdem:

^^^
But the SE zone is still canvassing for more states to be created for them undecided undecided

Tell me about it. . . .

So annoying! angry
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by DisGuy: 11:20am On Feb 15, 2012
missuzoma:

De gov is so old he ought to be in an old people‘s home. Poor state is d4 running without a gov

LMAO!! grin grin
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by DisGuy: 11:24am On Feb 15, 2012
We pour our aggressions at governors that govern states with great potentials. Governors like Theo orji, peter Obi, Alao Akala etc. Please can those that are familiar with Ebonyi state tell us what the governor has achieved for the state.

most people on NL dont live there (probably because thers nothing there) if you look at the NL census done some time ago
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 15, 2012
Demdem:

^^^

Abi o!!!
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by KnowAll(m): 11:35am On Feb 15, 2012
[size=18pt]These are the Governors one term as

Do nothing for 8 years whilst chopping and cleaning mouth[/size]!!
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by stagger: 11:39am On Feb 15, 2012
Ebonyi is one of the sad cases of states that have been run down by PDP.

Poverty reigns supreme in that state. Nowhere is there a classic example of looting of state funds than in Ebonyi state. Ochudo has run the state into the ground.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by COMPAQ(m): 11:39am On Feb 15, 2012
Ebonyi is one of the most unheard of states in Nigeria!!
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Afam4eva(m): 11:46am On Feb 15, 2012
Demdem:

^^^

why won't they? More states simply means more allocations. Considering the fact that the south-east gets the lowest amount from the FG, advocating for a new state is in order. How about all the useless stats in the north.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by DisGuy: 11:56am On Feb 15, 2012
afam4eva:

why won't they? More states simply means more allocations. Considering the fact that the south-east gets the lowest amount from the FG, advocating for a new state is in order. How about all the useless stats in the north.

so you want to join their league

incompetence they follow incompetency compete, follow follow to the grave
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Afam4eva(m): 11:59am On Feb 15, 2012
Th north gets more allocation because they have more states and local governments despite the fact that very few of them are viable. What's wrong with the south-east having one more state when other regions have more. Until they scrap all the states in Nigeria every region is entitled to equal number of states. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by omamokta: 12:11pm On Feb 15, 2012
He has not achieved anything and will not achieve any as long as his tenure lasts. He is just there brewing acrimony and communal conflicts so that the populace will be busy fighting for their lives while his family and friends devour our collective wealth. For the past five years, what you hear there is how much Elechi Elechi (his son) spends on hotel rooms in a month. His plans to relocate (extinguish) Abakaliki rice mill is the one in offing now. He is busy relocating and dispersing people from the native lands so that they will share the lands amongst themselves. I learnt he did not have enough land in Abakaliki, so he is using the opportunity to acquire them now. But my question is WHEN IS HE GOING TO ENJOY THE LOOT WHEN HE IS IN HIS NINETIES?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America / Key Actor In Chibok Girls Abduction Arrested (Photo) / APC And PDP Supporters Clash In Abule Egba, Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.