Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? (45593 Views)

What Buhari Achieved In Seven Months – Presidency / Yari Abubakar, Martins Elechi, Nigerias Youngest & Oldest Governors Respectively / UPDATE: Governor Martin Elechi Of Ebonyi State Loses PDP Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Afam4eva(m): 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2012
The states that need deliverance in th south-east are Abia, Anambra and Ebonyi. They should learn from Imo and Enugu.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by LoveIcon: 12:52pm On Feb 15, 2012
Ebonyi state is dwindling, we are just waiting for that old dude tenure to end.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by KnowAll(m): 1:04pm On Feb 15, 2012
Ebonyi state is dwindling, we are just waiting for that old dude tenure to end.

This idea of waiting, na serious matter oh, can u imagine a child born when Elechi became Governor, by the time this clueless man finishes his tenure, the tenure in which people like you are eargely waiting for, that kid born yesterday would be in Primary 4. And if another clueless guy is selected not elected as the case has always been within the PDP Family, the baby would have finish Senior Secondar School, meanwhile the community, State or Province would have suffred bad Governance for 16 years.

I can see why there are no development in Nigeria. undecided
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Amacaco: 2:41pm On Feb 15, 2012
I am from Ebonyi State and presently live in the State Capital. So much has been said or written about the present Administration in the state. While some of these comments are true, others are nothing but falsehood and misinformation.The true position could be stated as follows

1. Ebonyi State receives the second lowest allocation from the Federation Account.
2. The Government embarked on several capital intensive and multi-billion naira projects which are well beyond the resources of the state and as a result most of these projects have remained uncompleted till today.
3. Some of these gigantic projects which are still on-going are: A model State Secretariat in Ochudo City. 3 of the 11 three-storey building are up to 65% completion stage, Oferekpe Mega water Scheme which is one of two water Schemes in Ebonyi State and these projects can supply water to the whole State when completed, Ebonyi State ultra-modern international Market occupying 48 hectares of land with 5300 stalls, fire service, police station and banks-55% completed, Dualisation of the Enugu/ Abakaliki Road starting from the NNPC Mega Station to Ogoja Road- 60% complete. Work is also going on on two other multi billion projects started by the former Administration of Sam Egwu.
4. Some of the projects have since been completed many of which include roads, bridges  at Edda, Idembia Ezza, Ebyia etc. Ebonyi Pilot Schools project involving the building and rehabilitation of 30 secondary schools in the state, Cancer Screening center Abakaliki,Ebonyi State ultra modern Staff Development Center, A state of the art Digital Radio and Television Station which is said to be the best of Government Stations in South East Nigeria, EBSUTH Medical ward complex, 3 Model Rice Mill Plant at Iboko, Oso and one other LGA  I cannot remember now. There are numerous other projects both completed and uncompleted  which the Government has undertaken which if completed will impact greatly on the people.The problem is that if care is not taken many of them may not be completed.

It is necessary to say however that the Governor  has not paid serious attention to his workforce and Labour in the State. There is no love lost between the two. He has always treated Labour in the State with disdain since he came to power in 2007 because they welcomed him with Strike one-month after he took over in 2007. Some of his party members are not happy that he has not made any changes to his appointees especially at the Development Centers since five years ago and as a result denied them their opportunity of having their own share of the government cake. Others accuse him of favouring only his children in major contracts. Many Civil servants feel also he has blocked their avenues of making money while favouring his Children.Worst of all his PR is very poor hence the several true and untrue allegations against him. I think he should listen to his people instead of the I dont care attitude he has right now.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2012
afam4eva:

The states that need deliverance in th south-east are Abia, Anambra and Ebonyi. They should learn from Imo and Enugu.

GBAM!!

I would have put Imo in that list, but then again, doing that leaves us with nothing.

Anambra State, Eastern regions greatest under-achievers.

Ebonyi State, wasted potentials.

Abia, land of the blind with no one-eyed man.

Very sad
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by nsiadi: 4:25pm On Feb 15, 2012
Ebonyi being backward is not necessarily so because its a PDP State
Being small isnt the reason either
Small allocation isnt the cause
Blame it on vision less leadership of the governor
The other vibrant governors in same SE are driving their states well
You need to visit Enugu & see beautiful transformations
Imo is picking up steadily & Anambra is coping
So agitation for more states in SE isnt bad
The equation needs balancing
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 15, 2012
I'm a resident of Abakaliki, among all replies here only Amacaco objectively stated probs with Ebonyi State govt. The gov. really has good intentions & plans, but all of them are beyond d coffers of the state. Ebonyi cannot be compared with Ekiti because SHE HAVE ALMOST NOTHING BEFORE HER CREATION.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by xtianh(m): 5:31pm On Feb 15, 2012
@Amacaco, i think u are one of those ebonyi gov's azslickers or errand boy fed with stolen money from the poor state. Thats why you are here typing rubish about ur old blind boss
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 15, 2012
I disagree with those clamouring for an additional state in the SE. How viable will such a state be, given what we have seen with Ebonyi? Do we want to create another state which will only depend on oil allocation to run itself? What about our call for true federalism where each state (or region, preferably) will control its resources?

As for Amacaco, I noticed that all the projects the governor is embarking on seem to be about construction of buildings (whether schools, offices, devt centres etc). Fine, but I don't believe such buildings will impact the people as much as capacity building. For instance, what steps has the state government taken to improve the quality of education? Quality of teachers? Quality and availability of medical equipment and drugs in the health centres? Quality of staff?
These things matter more than completing a secretariat or a school or hospital block.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by ume(m): 8:41pm On Feb 15, 2012
Am an ebonyian and i an insider in de happonings both in and out of government as 4 amacoco am sorry 4 him,de ochiudo city he spoke about cant be finishd in de next thirty yrs,de water schemes oferekpe and ukawu is nothing to write home about,de unity bridge at agba just collapsd b4 completion,de number one taut in de state just baged oon award with a woman dat sells peper soup etc
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by ume(m): 8:53pm On Feb 15, 2012
De staff development center,ebonyi digital tv are fomer govs project,npc to onuabonyi dualization at enugu abakaliki rd is just 11.5km and is taking up to 3yrs now,no single st lights are working in ebonyi,gej was told to comeback dis yr so dat he can comissiom a project,de international market was sited at a highly waterloged swamp
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:00am On Feb 16, 2012
All those clamouring for more states are deluded.

Apart form the Niger Delta States with their oil reserves, A few northern States with their solid minerals and Agriculture, Lagos with commerce, Abia & Anambra with commerce, how many Northern, western and Eastern states are vialble?!

Why should the rest of the states be feeding Ebonyi and Ekiti states?! angry Na we born them?!

All this nonsense would cease the day we start running a federal system of government.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Afam4eva(m): 10:01am On Feb 16, 2012
Okija_juju:

All those clamouring for more states are deluded.

Apart form the Niger Delta States with their oil reserves, A few northern States with their solid minerals and Agriculture, Lagos with commerce, Abia & Anambra with commerce, how many Northern, western and Eastern states are vialble?!

Why should the rest of the states be feeding Ebonyi and Ekiti states?! angry Na we born them?!

All this nonsense would cease the day we start running a federal system of government.

Then all the non-viable states should be scrapped. Until then every region deserves the same amount of states. It's only when Igbos demand for their own share of states that you people will remember that most states are not viable. Where were you when deserts were been given state status. Receiving more federal allocation than state like Abia, Anambra, Enugu, Cross river and Edo.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by omamokta: 12:08pm On Feb 16, 2012
Amacaco is just one of those eating from the crumbs that fall from the table of the governor and his families. Even the politicians there are complaining seriously. If you see them, you will hunger running on their faces. The man Elechi has taken Ebonyi state ten years backwards, the white elephant projects he is embarking on cannot even be finished in the next twenty years. You can see that the statistics of national bureau that was released recently shows that of the five states in the SE, Ebonyi, has the highest number of poor people. Its unfortunate, we have Yam, Rice and other food more than other states in the SE, yet we are hungry. WHY? Because we have are very wicked and selfish governor that wants every body to be poor. What is happening in the state is capital flight between the governor and his family and the so called foriegn expartriates (Lebanese) that help them to launder the monies. He is lucky cos we are very timid, nobody can summon the courage to report him to EFCC or ICPC but i know GOD of the defenceless will fight for us.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by chy101: 7:28am On Feb 17, 2012
These states needs help or economic acquisition, they are purely failed states: Ebonyi, Enugu, Ekiti, and Oshun. 3 E+O. They are the most parasite states with little or nothing to show for their merger resources.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by ApuamahOyeka(m): 12:52pm On Mar 06, 2012
hmmm delta state is wost.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by sirjec(m): 1:07pm On Mar 06, 2012
Ebony is the poorest state in Nigeria yet they are not terrorists like the North that receive huge allocation and still create terrorists as tools to get more allocations. They are thiefs
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by achi4u(m): 1:52pm On Mar 06, 2012
Well haven read all the comment on ebonyi state both the good and the trash which some of the commentetors are title to their opinion,some you here talking rubbish hav never set your stinking legs in ebonyi land.EBONYI is not bad just that our gov is painting us black and were not the most backward state in nigeria,ask your ppl living here.

to the easterners;pot calling kettle black.
N'ikpeazu unu ndi enugu,abia,anambara na imo ji ndi ebonyi eme ihe ochi,marakwanu n' agbacha oso agu o mile.bikonu ka anyi hurita onwe anyi n'anya.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by achi4u(m): 2:27pm On Mar 06, 2012
sirjec:

Ebony is the poorest state in Nigeria yet they are not terrorists like the North thjat receive huge allocation and still create terrorists as tools to get more allocations. They are thiefs
bushman where do u jump out from.onye ara
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by ojeoguc: 1:51pm On Apr 11, 2012
Amaco or what ever u call u ur self am very sure ur among one of those that are stealing from ebonyi . Lyk chinedu ogah and the rest . Am from ebonyi but I leave in south africa elechi is a dictator just lyk gaddaffi. I was home during xmas. all U can see in ebonyi is killing and loting no gud road the structure that egwu put in place is forgotten.I pray that God will save our new state
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by ojeoguc: 3:11pm On Apr 11, 2012
Can some one kindly tell d so called ezzillo pple 2 say the simply truth so that d war btwn them and ezza will end
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Abagworo(m): 4:06pm On Apr 11, 2012
My own take in all these Ekiti, Ebonyi whatever is that there should be a review in revenue allocation formula where all States will be receiving equal amount of money. That way ,there will be a re-distribution of population and development.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by ojeoguc: 11:54am On Apr 12, 2012
A man is know by his action not by his words ebonyi government is a failed government I hve never seen any thing lyk it b4 .

How can 2 community unity be fighting all can do is to drove the ezza ppl out and leave Ezzilo ppl to stay is that the best way to make peace . Tell me , elechi cannot even give the true history of the land and what u don't know is presume to be older than u untill u know it .

A government that don't care for her citizens is not government but evil that is what we in ebonyi is saying elechi is an evil man what he has in his head is akamu not brain. Pharoh let my ppl go. Sam egwu I till put d blame on u.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Benella(f): 2:53pm On Apr 26, 2012
ELechi has succeeded in transforming Ebonyi into an Analogue State, the level of poverty in the state is unimagineable. All his laws are unfriendly. The most recent is the unjustifiable demolishion going on in Abakaliki. The Governor is a diservice to the people of Ebonyi.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by achi4u(m): 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2012
Benella: ELechi has succeeded in transforming Ebonyi into an Analogue State, the level of poverty in the state is unimagineable. All his laws are unfriendly. The most recent is the unjustifiable demolishion going on in Abakaliki. The Governor is a diservice to the people of Ebonyi.

how dose demolishing of old shity bulding got to with analog?he only want to clear some mess caused by your old papa hamlet.you can never see the good side of ebonyi state yet you refuse to move.just more jare!
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by igubesteve(m): 7:09pm On Dec 02, 2012
We need transformation in our state.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by achi4u(m): 7:53pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ebonyi is getting better by d day despate our old man...go-slow method.
Atleast most of the villages have been connected with unity bridges and main road.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY.
Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:48pm On Dec 02, 2012
afam4eva: The states that need deliverance in th south-east are Abia, Anambra and Ebonyi. They should learn from Imo and Enugu.

You are an eddiot for including Anambra in that your list. You know nothing about the developments in Anambra. I think Enugu state need to wake up from their lazy as..ses and ask their goverment to bring development to una poor villages. Go ahead and keep encouraging tree planting and road sweeping while Anambra is bringing multi billion corporations to her state. Anambra is a very complex state with lots of fast developing city\town like Awka,Nnewi,Ekwulobia and environs,Nkpor and environs and the fast developing Aguleri-Otu where the oil field is situated. Obi wanna spread out development and build infrastructure that will ground all the the big corporations that are jostling to come and invest in the booming economy of Anambra. If Obi had consentrated on Awka alone planting flowers,grasses and building shopping mall like your dumbass governor is doing in Enugu city Awka probably be the most beautiful city in Nigeria! We are Omanbala people and we think very different from the rest of Igbo! The funds that is seating in the Anambra state reserver is enough to feed all Anambrarians for a decade in time of famine. Did you fools see the seriousness and urgency with which Obi responded to the flood disaster? He was the best governor at handling the disaster because a provisions were made for emergency situation and agencies set up. Governance is more than just sweeping the roads and planting flowers. Peter Obi is working all sectors simultaneously.

1 Like

Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by pazienza(m): 9:06pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ebonyi,chai! I remember my days in abakaliki. Ebonyi is a young state,it will be unfair to compare it to any other state in the south east, but the truth is that she has not been blessed with a visionary governor,since her existence. When they get a visionary leader,their story will change. To my igbo brothers,no body should allow this thread to degenerate to an avenue to degrade our ebonyi brothers,ebonyiland is a gift to igboland,i am proud of them,any day,any time.[sup][/sup]

1 Like

Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by chino24: 9:20pm On Dec 02, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

You are an eddiot for including Anambra in that your list. You know nothing about the developments in Anambra. I think Enugu state need to wake up from their lazy as..ses and ask their goverment to bring development to una poor villages. Go ahead and keep encouraging tree planting and road sweeping while Anambra is bringing multi billion corporations to her state. Anambra is a very complex state with lots of fast developing city\town like Awka,Nnewi,Ekwulobia and environs,Nkpor and environs and the fast developing Aguleri-Otu where the oil field is situated. Obi wanna spread out development and build infrastructure that will ground all the the big corporations that are jostling to come and invest in the booming economy of Anambra. If Obi had consentrated on Awka alone planting flowers,grasses and building shopping mall like your dumbass governor is doing in Enugu city Awka probably be the most beautiful city in Nigeria! We are Omanbala people and we think very different from the rest of Igbo! The funds that is seating in the Anambra state reserver is enough to feed all Anambrarians for a decade in time of famine. Did you fools see the seriousness and urgency with which Obi responded to the flood disaster? He was the best governor at handling the disaster because a provisions were made for emergency situation and agencies set up. Governance is more than just sweeping the roads and planting flowers. Peter Obi is working all sectors simultaneously.

On point nwanne the guy Afam4eva has always been a b/a/st/a/r/d. This is the same reason enugu state remains backward, timid and bushy. once you step out of enugu urban what you will meet is rural setting without motorable roads, poverty reigning supreme amidst thatch and mud houses. One can hardly travel from udi to Achi in oji river. enugu-nuskka road is a no go area and the same gov is busy running around in a small place called enugu urban. Apart from enugu urban there is no other developed town in enugu state, that will tell you how backward they are.

Anambra is a one city state, with Awka, Onitsha, Nnewi, Ekwulobia and now Otuocha/Aguleri-Otu as the main towns and cities. The communities are widely connected with ashphalted roads from one end to the other. Obi has created enabling environment which has made it possible for multnationals to be trooping to the state. Development is not all about tarring few KM of roads like chime has done, what has he done in educational sector, health sector etc. Today Anambra primary and secondary school are using computers in there classrooms.

1 Like

Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by Abagworo(m): 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2012
pazienza: Ebonyi,chai! I remember my days in abakaliki. Ebonyi is a young state,it will be unfair to compare it to any other state in the south east, but the truth is that she has not be blessed with a visionary governor,since her existence. When they get a visionary leader,their story will change. To my igbo brothers,no body should allow this thread to dergenerate to an avenue to degrade our ebonyi brothers,ebonyiland is a gift to igboland,i am proud of them,any day,any time.

Ebonyi has a beautiful rocky terrain.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Martin Elechi Achieved in Ebonyi state? by seanet01: 10:11pm On Dec 02, 2012
Sorry o. May God Almighty grant you ibos the fortitude to bear this loss. Next time use ya heads when thumb printing in an election.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu / Angry Nigerian Confronts INEC Official & Oyinbo Man Caught Altering Results / Buhari, His Wife, Aisha And Daughter, Zahra All Smile After His Re-Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.