Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,565 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] (16984 Views)

Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? / Election Results With Pictures / VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Rassco(m): 9:05pm On Feb 14, 2012
On my way coming back from the site as promised in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-869565.32.html#msg10196720

I was almost hit by a fast moving train in ibadan

Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Rassco(m): 9:22pm On Feb 14, 2012
more

Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Rassco(m): 9:46pm On Feb 14, 2012
more

Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:18pm On Feb 14, 2012
Nice one. Shows the Gov't is doing something, even if they're not yet bullet trains.

But they need to do something about cleaning up the track area, as some parts look like a dump site. Imagine if tourists want to take a scenic ride on one of our Trains to take in the sights? Is this what we want them to see?

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by gaddafe(m): 10:30pm On Feb 14, 2012
When the world is busy advancing with modern trains, we still advertise and celebrate over rickety trains introduced to us.

Or is this part of the parliative to the fuel subsidy saga?
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by SamIkenna: 11:14pm On Feb 14, 2012
Those pictures gave me a feeling I've not had in a long time. If Nigeria was working and treating all equal under the law who would come here and advocate for its disintegration. I'm very happy for people of Ibadan and I wish the next time we talk about train in their state may it be a better, faster, and cleaner train. May this pic signal the beginning of a new day in the life of that state. Amen.
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by DisGuy: 11:28pm On Feb 14, 2012
fast moving train  embarassed

the track should be fenced off with wires or something, anyone can derail a train that's so open
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by chei: 11:44pm On Feb 14, 2012
Na dirty be that?
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Beaf: 11:55pm On Feb 14, 2012
Really nice, but there's still a lot that needs to be done about cleanliness as many have pointed out.
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Ejine(m): 12:02am On Feb 15, 2012
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by sheyguy: 12:46am On Feb 15, 2012
gaddafe:

When the world is busy advancing with modern trains, we still advertise and celebrate over rickety trains introduced to us.

Or is this part of the parliative to the fuel subsidy saga?
Half bread is still better than none. . . .
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by jumobi1(m): 12:56am On Feb 15, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

Nice one. Shows the Gov't is doing something, even if they're not yet bullet trains.

But they need to do something about cleaning up the track area, as some parts look like a dump site. Imagine if tourists want to take a scenic ride on one of our Trains to take in the sights? Is this what we want them to see?

Really? So the govt should clean up the track area mainly because of foreigners not because of Nigerians?
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Kobojunkie: 12:59am On Feb 15, 2012
If cleaning it for the foreigners will work, then fine with it.

By the way, which one be fast moving train again?? ROFLMAO!! See as im talk am as if na bullet train the thing be.
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by htajz: 1:09am On Feb 15, 2012
na dirt be all dat shocked
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by ak47mann(m): 1:23am On Feb 15, 2012
Is a good one but they need to fix the tracks make it look tidier,and in the other pix the track went through some market that is dangerous even the roads are not protected no train traffic signs for cars to no when the train is coming,anyway for Nigerian standard they try  cool
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Nobody: 1:28am On Feb 15, 2012
Rassco:

On my way coming back from the site as promised in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-869565.32.html#msg10196720

Thanks for taking the time to both take the picture and to post it.
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by WebSurfer(m): 1:55am On Feb 15, 2012
na wa oo
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by manchy7531: 9:57am On Feb 15, 2012
Omo see dirty oooooooooooooooooooooooooo.chei,most sophisticated pigs
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by soma042(m): 10:07am On Feb 15, 2012
is this ibadan? oh my gush, so abacharistic
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 15, 2012
Its a shame that Ibadan people dump waste of rail tracks
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by badmrkt(m): 10:32am On Feb 15, 2012
mehn!this place na state or na cave?
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Okijajuju1(m): 10:33am On Feb 15, 2012
See Yoruba people life?!

No better building for the entire picture.

How shameful. Old dirty city.  cry
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by iykeworld: 10:37am On Feb 15, 2012
That looks like mokola Army barracks in Ibadan, undecided
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by manchy7531: 10:40am On Feb 15, 2012
OMG ,omo seeeeeeeeeeee dirtyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! most sophisticated pigs.
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Okijajuju1(m): 10:45am On Feb 15, 2012
Ibadan. . . . . . . . . The same since 1920. grin

Ibadan is so old, they used it as the set for the flintstones move. grin

Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Baawaa(m): 10:54am On Feb 15, 2012
We still have a long way to go
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by marvix(m): 10:55am On Feb 15, 2012
People complaining that this is not bullet trains and all that should please take a back seat, if these trains had been workin since the 80s wont we all be clamouring for a change would it not have been obvious that they need a change, a journey of a million miles even if u will be flying by a plane you must begin with a step outside your room, is it not obvious that the govt has not even publicised it that trains are working its just an average Nigerian who sees this and is impressed has put it online for us to atleast know that its not only Boko Haram that is working, the Minister of power has promised that additional 6000MW would definitely beadded before the year end, are u also aware that the naira has been firming to the dollar due to the investigation into the fuel subsidy payments and the cleaning up going on in the petroleum sector, are u aware that the PH airport is undergoing a rehabilitation, the PH refineries are already been repaired, for all critics you will continue complaining until everyone leaves u and say, Abegiiiii if to say Obasanjo do all this one since na here we for still dey, I would like to see a serious opposition in 2015 to unseat the PDP and Jonathan but it should not be because Jonathan failed in delivery but because we can deliver something better, #20millionyouth42015

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by KnowAll(m): 10:56am On Feb 15, 2012
@Okija juju

you be bush-man,

those rusty roofs are a classic worthy of celeberating, it is only in Nigeria we do not appreciate the old, go to rome, athens, jerusalam, and Cairo and see how the old and new juxtapose in a seamless beautiful sequence.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Kk4(m): 10:57am On Feb 15, 2012
They look really old n scrappy cry
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 15, 2012
SMH, It always seem like there ain't hope for Naija cry
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by yam: 11:02am On Feb 15, 2012
Rassco:

i cant believe u are celebrating a locomotive train in modern age in nigeria.anyway i dont where u are from.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses / How Jonathan Govt. Paid Companies Linked To Okupe To Hack ‘unfriendly’ Websites / 2019: Tension In PDP Over Moves To Violate Zoning-daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.