Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] (16978 Views)

Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? / Election Results With Pictures / VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by jidewin(m): 11:04am On Feb 15, 2012
As it was since the beginning (western region era), So is Now, as so shall it be with NRC for evermore,Amen.
come ol boy you need to see the one in kaduna.Theres little or no difference and Billions of naira had been CLAIMED spent on the railway.
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by AGBORMAN1(m): 11:05am On Feb 15, 2012
Mass transportation is better & cheaper than 12 seater bus.
Nice one.
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Okijajuju1(m): 11:06am On Feb 15, 2012
KnowAll:

@Okija juju

you be bush-man,

those rusty roofs are a classic worthy of celeberating, it is only in Nigeria we do not appreciate the old, go to rome, athens, jerusalam, and Cairo and see how the old and new juxtapose in a seamless beautiful sequence.

Why you dey insult me na?! Who be juxtapose?!  angry I tell you say I dey pose for Ibadan abi wetin?! Talk wetin man go hear next time o! Abi you be Patrick Ogbiahionhon pickin?!  angry
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Rassco(m): 11:10am On Feb 15, 2012
marvix:

People complaining that this is not bullet trains and all that should please take a back seat, if these trains had been workin since the 80s wont we all be clamouring for a change would it not have been obvious that they need a change, a journey of a million miles even if u will be flying by a plane you must begin with a step outside your room, is it not obvious that the govt has not even publicised it that trains are working its just an average Nigerian who sees this and is impressed has put it online for us to atleast know that its not only Boko Haram that is working, the Minister of power has promised that additional 6000MW would definitely beadded before the year end, are u also aware that the naira has been firming to the dollar due to the investigation into the fuel subsidy payments and the cleaning up going on in the petroleum sector, are u aware that the PH airport is undergoing a rehabilitation, the PH refineries are already been repaired, for all critics you will continue complaining until everyone leaves u and say, Abegiiiii if to say Obasanjo do all this one since na here we for still dey, I would like to see a serious opposition in 2015 to unseat the PDP and Jonathan but it should not be because Jonathan failed in delivery but because we can deliver something better, #20millionyouth42015
Thanks bro. wanted to alert people and the authorities about the dangers that it poses. i was almost hit by the moving train.
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by kasperone8: 11:13am On Feb 15, 2012
marvix:

People complaining that this is not bullet trains and all that should please take a back seat, if these trains had been workin since the 80s wont we all be clamouring for a change would it not have been obvious that they need a change, a journey of a million miles even if u will be flying by a plane you must begin with a step outside your room, is it not obvious that the govt has not even publicised it that trains are working its just an average Nigerian who sees this and is impressed has put it online for us to atleast know that its not only Boko Haram that is working, the Minister of power has promised that additional 6000MW would definitely beadded before the year end, are u also aware that the naira has been firming to the dollar due to the investigation into the fuel subsidy payments and the cleaning up going on in the petroleum sector, are u aware that the PH airport is undergoing a rehabilitation, the PH refineries are already been repaired, for all critics you will continue complaining until everyone leaves u and say, Abegiiiii if to say Obasanjo do all this one since na here we for still dey, I would like to see a serious opposition in 2015 to unseat the PDP and Jonathan but it should not be because Jonathan failed in delivery but because we can deliver something better, #20millionyouth42015
You seem to be getting the issues wrong here,it's not about promising and talking,it's about seeing and feeling the positive effects of those promises.If only gej will fulfil his campaign promises,he will forever remain a hero in the minds of nigerians
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Echepet(m): 11:15am On Feb 15, 2012
make sense, we jus av 2 start appreciating wot we have,and be a contributor to the society, john eche engineering
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by onyxo76(m): 11:17am On Feb 15, 2012
Okija_juju:

Ibadan. . . . . . . . .  The same since 1920.  grin

Ibadan is so old, they used it as the set for the flintstones move.   grin
every city has its old parts, why did you not take pics of the cool parts of ibadan? you realise ibadan people love their traditional type of houses hence will not allow its demolition even if you had to .
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by soma042(m): 11:18am On Feb 15, 2012
dirty people thats why the real land owers of lagos state one drive them away for contributing nothing. after they  one claim na them get lagos, make umunnam catch you
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by lovejo(m): 11:18am On Feb 15, 2012
Rassco.

Are you from oke-itunu, around mammy market, i know rasco shoe manufacturer , but i'm not saying it might be you.

Just want to know.
Thanks
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Rassco(m): 11:19am On Feb 15, 2012
yam:

i cant believe u are celebrating a locomotive train in modern age in nigeria.anyway i dont where u are from.
This has nothing to do with where iam from. Was i wrong in drawing peoples attention to it?
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by ayodele123(m): 11:25am On Feb 15, 2012
without a railway service, our dream of becoming one of the top 20 economies by 2020 will remain a dream on paper in 2020.
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by AGBORMAN1(m): 11:27am On Feb 15, 2012
I pray for quick massive development in Nigeria.
I'm packing my bag to return to my Fatherland & increase my investment.
I love President Goodluck Jonathan.  I love Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Basics007: 11:30am On Feb 15, 2012
sheyguy:

Half bread is still better than none. . . .
Abi o. Thanks for the quote. The reality is that Nigeria needs to start from somewhere. Maybe in some yrs time our politicians eyes will open to bullet trains. For now let's make do with this. And they are very cheap too but the overcrowding is too much. I entered one some weeks ago and vowed never to do so again-at least for the meantime. Stench was unbearable.
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by babyboy3(m): 11:30am On Feb 15, 2012
a journey of a million miles even if u will be flying by a plane you must begin with a step outside your room

So if by some miracle Nigerian Airways was revived and they tell you that,  we are using a 1960's model! would you step on that plane?

I dont understand why people celebrate average or mediocre stuff,  the new project in Lagos are buying 1980 scrap from Canada! is that what we want ,

Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by KnowAll(m): 11:32am On Feb 15, 2012
Why you dey insult me na?! Who be juxtapose?! I tell you say I dey pose for Ibadan abi wetin?! Talk wetin man go hear next time o! Abi you be Patrick Ogbiahionhon pickin?!

Juxtapose means sitting side by side- the old settings sitting side by side with the new gives a city, character, charisma, and culture.
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Arosa(m): 11:32am On Feb 15, 2012
Thank you Rassco for the info.
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by nex(m): 11:34am On Feb 15, 2012
Anybody celebrating these trains has been severely mentally bastardized by the subsequent hopelessly backward governments.

The last time I took a train was from Kano to Ibadan or thereabout. We spent about a week on the rails, after which we had to alight and take buses to Lagos.

These trains pictured here are about the same models I took a ride on in 1994. I don't know how I'm supposed to be happy that about 20 years later, we've moved backwards to where we were before. I won't celebrate this crap! 'all can go ahead and have your party; pop your champagne. Not me.
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by AGBORMAN1(m): 11:39am On Feb 15, 2012
Better be late than never.
We have to start from somewhere.
Going, going, and keep going. No more stop.
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by holoearth(m): 11:40am On Feb 15, 2012
Reverse Osmosis(RO)Water Purifier & Dispenser For Sale  

Now you can conveniently purify your water and have unlimited Reverse Osmosis (RO)membrane treated water for your family.

You do not need to buy expensive bottled water for your home or office anymore. RO water dispenser will take your tap water and purify it through 5 stages of filtration process including the ultimate Reverse Osmosis membrane filter that remove all dissolved metals and 99.9% of Bacteria ,Viruses,Odour and keep your family healthy.

We are located in the heart of portharcourt,Rivers State.106,Ada George,Chinda Junction.Phone-08033103977,e-mail holo@holoearth.com or check our website www.holoearth.com

Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by KnowAll(m): 11:42am On Feb 15, 2012
Anybody celebrating these trains has been severely mentally bastardized by the subsequent hopelessly backward governments.

The last time I took a train was from Kano to Ibadan or thereabout. We spent about a week on the rails, after which we had to alight and take buses to Lagos.

These trains pictured here are about the same models I took a ride on in 1994. I don't know how I'm supposed to be happy that about 20 years later, we've moved backwards to where we were before. I won't celebrate this crap! 'all can go ahead and have your party; pop your champagne. Not me.

What surprises me, those in Goverment, President, Governors and their various aides would not use a 1994 car but they expect the people they represnet to be using a train probably built in the 1960's that was still in service in 1994. Have you seen the plethora of cars used by our officials, 2011 Mecedes Benz, Fahola sef dey drive Range Rover 2011 model but yet deem it right to go buy some rust bucket from Canada.   Na wa oh

Truely the beautiful ones are not yet born wallahi!! undecided
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Wexelion(m): 11:43am On Feb 15, 2012
I smell development,i hope it reduces traffic jam on the roads
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by babyboy3(m): 11:45am On Feb 15, 2012
Better be late than never.
We have to start from somewhere.
Going, going, and keep going. No more stop

We had a rail services for as long as I could remember, what I saw in those picture were Rolling Stock from the 30's
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by AGBORMAN1(m): 11:46am On Feb 15, 2012
It will also reduce Deaths on our roads.
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by ifyalways(f): 11:49am On Feb 15, 2012
Can we know how much was spent acquiring those Trains,anyone
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by babyboy3(m): 11:55am On Feb 15, 2012
Can we know how much was spent acquiring those Trains,anyone 

WHo know may be they where about to recycle all the mentals before Nigeria showed their face "Oh we would take it off your hands"

Mass transportation is better & cheaper than 12 seater bus.
Nice one.

I know a lady who got on a train from Songo coming into town, they squashed like a sardines, yes you cant control over-crowding so far they are proper ventilations but when you use a Rolling stock past its required use, a train derailment in the middle of nowhere is dangerous most especially when we are still using rail tracks thats been there since the days of Lord Luggard!!! you could get away with very old track by reducing the speed on the train or travel times but a derailment is unthinkable
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by chuksikem(m): 11:59am On Feb 15, 2012
Wexelion:

I smell development,i hope it reduces traffic jam on the roads

reduce traffic indeed??how many people drive or have cars in ibadan?? angry angry
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by suolboy(m): 12:03pm On Feb 15, 2012
But i'm glad to inform u guys that very, we are going to have speed trains. presently Abuja -Kaduna Railway modernisation (New Route) Construction is going on and am an engineer to the consultants in that project. the project is going smoothly and fast. So let us all be optimistic about the country. In addition, Lagos -Ibadan modernisation has already being awarded and my firm is also the consultants.
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Afam4eva(m): 12:05pm On Feb 15, 2012
But there has always been trains in Ibadan. what's this thread on about again?
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by jidewin(m): 12:10pm On Feb 15, 2012
chuksikem:

reduce traffic indeed??how many people drive or have cars in ibadan?? angry angry

my broda,if you travel to ibadan and arrive at toll gate chalenge anytime from 6.00pm the traffic you will experience is comparable to iyana-ipaja-osodi traffic. and likewise that of UI-Agbowo-sango poly road to eleyele.Not to talk of some other areas within ibadan metro.Reason, lots of cars,vans,suvs and buses have filled up the traffic.
So lots of people now uses cars, and i mean CARS not toys.
I was surprised when last i went there myself.Search for any brand of american spec SUV in lagos,you will find same in Ibadan>
But on this train issue,abeg, they should simply privatise it (as is the practise in Nigeria now) and perhaps we might begin to see the type in photos posted here by a fellow nairalander.
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by gidson12(m): 12:19pm On Feb 15, 2012
which kind local and dirty rail tracks be this, this one be like rail track inside village
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by Goddex: 12:40pm On Feb 15, 2012
So, GEJ is working?
Re: I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] by DisGuy: 12:45pm On Feb 15, 2012
suolboy:

But i'm glad to inform u guys that very, we are going to have speed trains. presently Abuja -Kaduna Railway modernisation (New Route) Construction is going on and am an engineer to the consultants in that project. the project is going smoothly and fast. So let us all be optimistic about the country. In addition, Lagos -Ibadan modernisation has already being awarded and my firm is also the consultants.

are you talking about standard guage or the same single guage, if you are really on the team, give us pictures

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting / Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments / How Jonathan Govt. Paid Companies Linked To Okupe To Hack ‘unfriendly’ Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.