Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8732682 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10189) (10190) (10191) (10192) (10193) (10194) (10195) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 14, 2021
patrickmuf:
He noted that they were still enough games to make top 4 why is true but Mou prioritized the UEL, everything was carefully plotted and he achieved his aim. If we didn't have the UEL route, he would have fought for top 4 and I am quite sure the probability of us making it would have been higher...
Fine margins in that Europa campaign... Guidetti nearly ended everything, luck was on our side.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 14, 2021
patrickmuf:
Mourinho qualified for the UCL consecutively but is that enough to praise a coach?

This is how Arsenal fans used to gloat about UCL qualification back then...
Wetin concern me with Arsenal fans, izzit not the current reality we are addressing?

At least Arsenal use to finish top 4 and qualify for CL consistently, can we even boast of that now?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:34pm On May 14, 2021
handelex:
Lwkm wan kee me shaa, we are Manchester United, we don't want mediocrity grin
We should be fighting for the top trophies...

Close to a decade now, we've managed 2nd once in the EPL, if Ole manages and finishes 2nd this term, it'll only be a 2nd time in close to ten yrs.

What of the CL, we managed 2 QF appearances, one under Moyes and one under Ole. We never smell semis close to a decade now.

What of domestic cups, we managed 1FA cup and 1 Carabao Cup respectively in over 8yrs. How many times have we made the semis in the last 8yrs in them?

Kudos to Mourinho for winning Europa buts that our biggest trophy since Fergie retired.

But Ole is the beginning and the ending of our problems as a club.
In these same period, Leicester City were crowned champions, Chelsea too and even Liverpool...We have outspebt or have spent on par with Liverpool but we should reduce the expectation on the team just so Ole can be shielded from criticism...

Are Leicester better than us? Didn't they win the league in 2015?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:35pm On May 14, 2021
handelex:
Wetin concern me with Arsenal fans, izzit not the current reality we are addressing?

At least Arsenal use to finish top 4 and qualify for CL consistently, can we even boast of that now?
Should we then accept it as the norm after spending over a billion?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:37pm On May 14, 2021
handelex:
Fine margins in that Europa campaign... Guidetti nearly ended everything, luck was on our side.
There’s always an element of luck in most cases...The end justifies the means, we won the UEL and qualified for the UCL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:38pm On May 14, 2021
Leyqute:

I don’t.

You should just list SAF’s top 5 seasons and the semi finals he bottled instead of beating about the bush.
No, I don't owe you that help...There's a reason you have Google on your device, use it to get whatever information you want, I am not at your service.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 14, 2021
patrickmuf:
In these same period, Leicester City were crowned champions, Chelsea too and even Liverpool...We have outspebt or have spent on par with Liverpool but we should reduce the expectation on the team just so Ole can be shielded from criticism...

Are Leicester better than us? Didn't they win the league in 2015?
So whose fault is it that we haven't won the league since?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 14, 2021
patrickmuf:
Should we then accept it as the norm after spending over a billion?
You see that's where the problem is. No one is accepting that, never.

But seeing how we've struggled to make ordinary top 4 consistently in the last years and the work Ole is doing? Isn't it progress at least? But you guys will keep on disparaging the effort the man is putting in.

Yes we know we should be gunning for the league and CL, won't you qualify for the CL first b4 you play in it?

Is just like Arsenal fans dreaming of winning the league next season while they're languishing in 9th, how is that even possible?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:48pm On May 14, 2021
"In the last 9 years we have not won the league or challenged for the title"

In few years time, people will come here and say Ole challenged for the title when it was obvious that Manchester City will win it as early as February...The people now saying we challenged for the title are the same set of people who said we were not good enough to challenge City when some of us thought otherwise especially seeing how our rivals were struggling just so that they'd have an excuse to defend Ole when we fail but seeing how the season has panned out, they want to sneak in the narrative that we challenged City...

Talking about the last 9 years, you'd be forgiven for thinking only City won the league in that time frame and with 100 pts every season but it was not the case, in that same period, Leicester City were crowned champions, Chelsea won the league twice, Liverpool also won it (once). Leicester didn't out spend us and off my head, I'm sure Chelsea and Liverpool haven't out spent us with a great margin but it's here you'll read all manner of excuses, excuses that didn't suffice when Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho were with us...

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:58pm On May 14, 2021
handelex:
You see that's where the problem is. No one is accepting that, never.

But seeing how we've struggled to make ordinary top 4 consistently in the last years and the work Ole is doing? Isn't it progress at least? But you guys will keep on disparaging the effort the man is putting in.

Yes we know we should be gunning for the league and CL, won't you qualify for the CL first b4 you play in it?

Is just like Arsenal fans dreaming of winning the league next season while they're languishing in 9th, how is that even possible?
How many times did Leicester make top 4 before winning the league...

If we were serious, we'd have won the league this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:03pm On May 14, 2021
handelex:
So whose fault is it that we haven't won the league since?
The manager...He is the one that takes the fall when targets are not met . Never have I seen a team replace the players, rather the coach...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 14, 2021
patrickmuf:
The manager...He is the one that takes the fall when targets are not met . Never have I seen a team replace the players, rather the coach...
The manager can get replaced, the players can get replaced too. It depends on the club.

Has Ole not met the target the club set for him this season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 14, 2021
patrickmuf:

Ok we just need to be like Leicester that can win one fluke league in 100yrs baa?

Talking about being serious, I guess we've been serious all the years post Fergie except this year.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 2:16pm On May 14, 2021
eph12:

If this happens ehn, my year has been made cheesy cheesy
grin grin
My colleague go give me small peace of mind grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:18pm On May 14, 2021
patrickmuf:
No, I don't owe you that help...There's a reason you have Google on your device, use it to get whatever information you want, I am not at your service.

LooL.

You can't list SAF's top seasons and the semi finals he "bottled" but you want to castigate another person for "bottling" 3 semi finals in one season.

You'll be alright. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 2:19pm On May 14, 2021
patrickmuf:

How many times does that happen Patrick?
If you can list the last 10 league winners, how many of them really qualified to win the league, my best guess, 9.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 2:24pm On May 14, 2021
What was our target this season, I can remember some of us here said

1) challenge for the league or close the gap with city and pool
" That has been a bit achieved, you may say Liverpool defensive trouble left them drowning, but check goals conceded and clear your doubt, again you will say point average were low, everybody suffered it even the champions man city"

2) Good run in cup competitions.
"Carabao- SF, FA- QF, champions league- embarrassing exit, in my opinion we achieved it 70%"

3) A trophy
" Not confirmed yet, but aren't we in a final?"

What are our expectations next season then?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 2:48pm On May 14, 2021
Leyqute:

LooL.

You can't list SAF's top seasons and the semi finals he "bottled" but you want to castigate another person for "bottling" 3 semi finals in one season.

SAF bottled 4 semifinals in 26 years at Man Utd.

Ole has bottled 5 semifinals in less than 3 years.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 3:01pm On May 14, 2021
If Ole has any common sense, he should be negotiating a deal to bring Ndidi to Old Trafford.

Yesterday should have told him McFred isn’t going to win him any big trophy going forward.

If Ole signs Ndidi, Varane and Sancho then he has a small chance of competing for the league next season.

_________________De Gea________________
___Bissaka_____Bailly____Varane_____Shaw___
__________________ Ndidi __________________
_______Bruno____________________Pogba______
___Sancho________Cavani_______Rashford____

Ndidi is so vital to the way United want to play. Especially with the Pogba/Bruno conundrum. The only way we can have those two creative midfielders is by using a high quality single pivot in the midfield and Ndidi is the best man for that job.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 3:27pm On May 14, 2021
#OleOUT
#EndOLE
#OleMustGo
#EndOLECluelessness
#SackTheFraud

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Remember1313: 3:42pm On May 14, 2021
Hn
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 3:47pm On May 14, 2021
patrickmuf:
We can't pretend that some of the top dogs flattered to deceive this season, the point tally points to that...

Next season, when Liverpool sort their CB issues with the return of VVD and Gomez, you'll be surprised how far behind they'll leave us...

We need to win trophies and be consistent...By consistency, I'm not talking about a run of 20 games without defeat that comes with 10 wins and 10 draws but one that comes with something like 16 wins and 4 draws...

Ole will be here next season from the look of things and trust me he'll most likely push far into one or two cup competitions and pretend to be in contention for the title all to the praise of his fans but that's where it all ends...We need to win trophies abeg.

We would strengthen too u know.

We have our foward line sorted.

We just need a defender.. Nd a midfielder.. And a right back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 3:48pm On May 14, 2021
Illimitable:
If Ole has any common sense, he should be negotiating a deal to bring Ndidi to Old Trafford.

Yesterday should have told him McFred isn’t going to win him any big trophy going forward.

If Ole signs Ndidi, Varane and Sancho then he has a small chance of competing for the league next season.

_________________De Gea________________
___Bissaka_____Bailly____Varane_____Shaw___
__________________ Ndidi __________________
_______Bruno____________________Pogba______
___Sancho________Cavani_______Rashford____

Ndidi is so vital to the way United want to play. Especially with the Pogba/Bruno conundrum. The only way we can have those two creative midfielders is by using a high quality single pivot in the midfield and Ndidi is the best man for that job.

Matic played better dan ndidi when we played biko
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 3:50pm On May 14, 2021
Illimitable:

SAF bottled 4 semifinals in 26 years at Man Utd.

Ole has bottled 5 semifinals in less than 3 years.

Go watch Ferguson's documentary..

There was great suffering before the success..

I believe ole would do it..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:52pm On May 14, 2021
Mrviktor:

We would strengthen too u know.

We have our foward line sorted.

We just need a defender.. Nd a midfielder.. And a right back.

Our forward line is not sorted abeg...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:54pm On May 14, 2021
Leyqute:

LooL.

As I said, I don't owe you that favor...

And just so you, I am alright...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 4:19pm On May 14, 2021
Mrviktor:

Go watch Ferguson's documentary..

There was great suffering before the success..

I believe ole would do it..

And that’s the point.

United came a long way to become the juggernaut they have now become. SAF has made all the sacrifices and we shouldn’t ever be struggling for almost 10 years to win a league title.

SAF took us to a position where we won 13 league titles in 20 years. Why have we suddenly gone under again like a bottom club trying to reach the top? Will Bayern, Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG go 8 years without a league title?

If not, why do you accept it as a United fan?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 4:19pm On May 14, 2021
Mrviktor:

Matic played better dan ndidi when we played biko

So how did Ndidi win MOTM? grin

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 4:27pm On May 14, 2021
Illimitable:

So how did Ndidi win MOTM? grin

Bks we lost
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 4:29pm On May 14, 2021
afrodoc:

Treblechamp dey Decking with me. Na him even build the decking before i seize C of O from him hand based on say i know people for Alausa. grin

But lately sha i don dey suspect am say him be OleOut. If i no trust am again na ikpa i go take comot am from Decking. We Deckers are peaceful.
And if the guy fi aake kori sey he no wan leave i go form another group.....DoubleDeckers.
Doc i don port to OleOUT in protest until further notice grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 4:34pm On May 14, 2021
Mrviktor:

Bks we lost

And you don’t think he’s the reason United lost? grin cheesy

This is why Ndidi won MOTM. cool

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 4:36pm On May 14, 2021
patrickmuf:
Nani is a member of OleOut gang but he is an extremist just like you have Shekau, Osama and co who are extremist Muslims...
#KillTheBastard, Nani dey crack me up no be small grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10189) (10190) (10191) (10192) (10193) (10194) (10195) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.