Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8752863 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 12:54am On Feb 20, 2012
I'm back guys smiley
I went to visit Fergie at Carrington

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 20, 2012
chamotex:

I'm back guys smiley
O kabo
Hope he's now aware of all our complains?'lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 12:33pm On Feb 20, 2012
chamotex:

I'm back guys smiley

Waoh. . . .was it you i saw offload paper upon paper of Starboard's complains? tongue grin grin grin
I heard u were charged for excess luggage just because of Starboard's complaints

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 20, 2012
Emperoh:

Waoh. . . .was it you i saw offload paper upon paper of Starboard's complains? tongue grin grin grin
I heard u were charged for excess luggage just because of Starboard's complaints

bia nwa nnem,
Are you saying I complain?
Biko,in the interest of peace and harmony,allow me rest.

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by virunga: 2:15am On Feb 21, 2012
Let's hope the best for MU to get the trophy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:39pm On Feb 21, 2012
virunga:

Let's hope the best for MU to get the trophy
i hope so too grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 5:16pm On Feb 21, 2012
Despite being at United for less than two years, Hernandez has already secured joint second spot alongside long-serving Ryan Giggs amongst the club's top-scoring substitutes.

The Mexican netted his 10th goal off the bench earlier this month as the Red Devils secured that thrilling draw at Chelsea.

Only Solskjaer has more, although as 28 of the Norwegian's 126 United goals came as a substitute, Hernandez clearly has some way to go.

Sir Alex Ferguson always felt Solskjaer's main strength was the intense way Solskjaer watched a match from the bench, which ensured he was fully prepared to take advantage of any defensive frailty when he came on.

Hernandez would appear to share the same trait, although he does not know why he has been so successful.

"I don't have the answer to what makes me effective as a substitute," he said.

"In football you can always come up with a reason for anything, perhaps it is nothing more than having a little bit of luck.

"I just know if I play one minute, or 10, or 90, I try to play the same way. My mind is always to do my best and help my team."

There is certainly a benefit to Hernandez's straightforward approach.

Rather than get bogged down analysing parts of the game he cannot control, the 23-year-old concentrates on the fundamentals.

"The only thing I can change is my attitude. I can do everything that I want with that," he said.

"There are parts of the game I cannot do anything about. But I can ensure my attitude."

Hernandez must be one of the most positive players imaginable.

Rarely does he reflect on any event without referring back to the team.

His goal against Ajax in last week's Europa League last-32 clash means he has now scored on his last three appearances, taking his overall tally to nine, level with Danny Welbeck and Dimitar Berbatov.

Not bad considering the amount of time he has been missing through injury.

Yet Ferguson can go about his work secure in the knowledge no-one will be knocking on his door demanding to know why Hernandez still cannot guarantee himself a starting spot.

"I don't care if I am on the bench," he said.

"Last year I was on the bench for a long time. I still got into the team at the end of the season.

"Every player in every team wants to play as many minutes as possible. It is the gaffer who has the answers."

Having shrugged off the injuries that caused him to endure such a stuttering start to his second season with United, it is perhaps no surprise Hernandez is starting to find the form that allowed him to make such an awesome impact during his debut campaign.

Yet, even in assessing what looks like a seamless transition to life in England, the forward adopts a level-headed approach.

"I don't think there is ever going to be a season where I can say everything is really good, or that it is really bad and I am suffering a lot.

"My first year was difficult. I had changed all my life to come here.

"The most important thing is to keep the balance.

"Sometimes football is going to give you good things. Sometimes it won't. It is part of the game.

"I just want to enjoy it because I am living a dream to play for Manchester United."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 5:21pm On Feb 21, 2012
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that influential Reds veteran Rio Ferdinand could be key to Paul Pogba staying at Old Trafford. The young French midfielder has been stalling over a new United deal with rumours linking him with a move abroad. But United boss Ferguson said: "Rio has become an important figure at the club. He is good with the players. He is good with the young players. At the moment, he is working hard on the boy Pogba and talking to him. The young boy is unsure. But Rio is well regarded." And Ferguson has paid tribute to 34-year-old Ferdinand for altering his own game. "The thing that has been hard for Rio is that having had agility, speed and athleticism when you get to 33 you have lost a bit, maybe 10 or 15 per cent," he said. "So he has to change his game. He does the yoga now which is good. He has to adjust his game. I said your pace is not always going to get you out now so you have to read the game better now and he is doing great. He is doing better than he has ever done. It is all a matter of coping with an ageing player. We have done it with Ryan Giggs. He does yoga. Scholesy is back and is lovely and fresh. If you look after yourself you can get the rewards like that."

This why you don't jettison older players at your club once age starts to affect them. They have value not just on d pitch, but even more off d pitch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 6:34pm On Feb 21, 2012
montelik:

This why you don't jettison older players at your club once age starts to affect them. They have value not just on d pitch, but even more off d pitch.

Pogba temporarily stayed with Evra also when he arrived from France . . . don't know if he still stays with him though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tkb417(m): 1:43pm On Feb 22, 2012
This Pogba is beginning to bore me

who is he? is he Messi

*yawns*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 2:24pm On Feb 22, 2012
Apparently Rooney missed training today. Hope nothing serious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tkb417(m): 3:27pm On Feb 22, 2012
Mr_TA:

we can rest him for Ajax

hope he gets back to play against Norwich

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2012
Mr_TA:

we have berbatov and hernandez!
anderson and cleverley are training!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 4:17pm On Feb 22, 2012
coogar:

we have berbatov and hernandez!
anderson and cleverley are training!

Good sturvs!

Ando took part in full training
Owen (forgot he still plays for this club) did some light training.

Smalling, Jones, Young, Nani and Cleverley will start.

It seems everyone is available now minus Antonio and the long-term absentees (Vidic & Fletcher)

Mr_TA:

Throat infection

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tkb417(m): 4:21pm On Feb 22, 2012
Very good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 4:36pm On Feb 22, 2012
Tevez finally issued an apology . . . seems like a desperate move to me. Arrow!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 4:54pm On Feb 22, 2012
Mr_TA:

read that he has throat disease. i dont know how geniune it is. however, wish him quick recovery. wink

as per tomarow, BerBatov shd start along ChichariGoal. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 6:06pm On Feb 22, 2012
chamotex:

Tevez finally issued an apology . . . seems like a desperate move to me. Arrow!

Dude has lost nearly E10m since his wahala started
So i expect him to. . . also given the troubles he's cost all parties, i am not expecting any less

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2012
Emperoh:

Dude has lost nearly E10m since his wahala started
So i expect him to. . . also given the troubles he's cost all parties, i am not expecting any less

i realy pity d guy undecided after helping Citey 2 first 4 in epl last season,qualifyin them 2 CL,make u come dy eat fruit of eim labour na e come start dt gbege. Make him thank God sad say family wahala no join if nt e go commit suicide e sure me kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tpia5: 10:15pm On Feb 22, 2012
adebayo201:

i realy pity d guy undecided after helping Citey 2 first 4 in epl last season,qualifyin them 2 CL,make u come dy eat fruit of eim labour na e come start dt gbege. Make him thank God sad say family wahala no join if nt e go commit suicide e sure me kiss

is there any way you could learn to speak english?

you're rather irritating- not sure if you know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:18pm On Feb 22, 2012
tpia@:

this is serious. . . .
tpia@ on man utd thread. . . . .what is going on? snow's gonna fall in maiduguri.

tpia@, when are we going on our romantic date?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tpia5: 10:20pm On Feb 22, 2012
dont know which thread this is.

was going through his posts and saw so many attacks on the english language i just picked whatever one was directly in front of me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:21pm On Feb 22, 2012
tpia@:

dont know which thread this is.

was going through his posts and saw so many attacks on the english language i just picked whatever one was directly in front of me.

tpia@, do you even watch football?
english premier league, nigerian league or the national team?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 22, 2012
coogar:

tpia@, do you even watch football?
english premier league, nigerian league or the national team?
Oya tpia & coogar report to romance section
No come pollute us 4 here oo , We already av enough frm trafford 2 deal with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tkb417(m): 12:03pm On Feb 23, 2012
tpia@:

kiss kiss

ive missed you oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 4:33pm On Feb 23, 2012
^^^^
I thought u've repented?? shocked grin tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tkb417(m): 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2012
Emperoh:

^^^^
I thought u've repented?? shocked grin tongue

i have shocked undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:07pm On Feb 23, 2012
Park in central midfield. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:15pm On Feb 23, 2012
Our English Xavi also missing his twin Anderson.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:20pm On Feb 23, 2012
Mr_TA:

Our English Xavi also missing his twin Anderson.

don't mind ferguson with his idiotic line-up.
why play js-park as a central midfielder when we have scholes, giggs and carrick on the bench?

there's no screen for the back four.
ajax were just breaking at will as park doesn't even know where to position himself to curb danger.

i know he must give every player minutes to gain fitness but please play players where they are meant to play.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:31pm On Feb 23, 2012
ji sung park is such an arse!

he delayed n delayed till berbatov n chicharito drifted offside.
what kind of eyes has he got?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 10:55pm On Feb 23, 2012
Rubbish performance, shyte game.
Just not good enough.
Complacency at its best.
We would have been knocked out if the game went on for a further 10 minutes.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14158) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.