Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8732164 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 11:06pm On Feb 16, 2012
Where is Sharon and all his yammering about this cold night in Brittania?

Didnt valencia just shyytt all over Brittania?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by medjai(m): 11:18pm On Feb 16, 2012
dayokanu:

Damn it! Your Jabulani fingers beat me to it.

Second string Valencia side - No Alves, Banega, Ruiz, Alba. Soldado and Miguel didn't start.

I hope this eternally confines this cold, wet, windy night Stoke myth to the ancestral depths of the trash can.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:44pm On Feb 16, 2012
dayokanu:

medjai:

Damn it! Your Jabulani fingers beat me to it.

Second string Valencia side - No Alves, Banega, Ruiz, Alba. Soldado and Miguel didn't start.
I hope this eternally confines this cold, wet, windy night Stoke myth to the ancestral depths of the trash can.

who are these morons?
stoke fc are completely out of form. . . . even their league form has been choppy for months now.

would valencia had beaten stoke few months ago during the group stage of the competition?
the tie is not even over yet. stoke went through the group stage without losing a single game @ the britannia.

besides, i saw the game for 90 mins - stoke did not even deploy the hard tactics they normally use for big clubs.
they did not consider valencia a big side. stoke tried to play football instead of relying on set-pieces to murder valencia's midget defenders.
how many times did rory delap hurl the ball into valencia's box tonight? not once!!

we shall see @ mestella stadium.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 12:03am On Feb 17, 2012
You are really daft

coogar:

why do you think people say barcelona cannot beat stoke? andreas villash-boash is perplexed: how do i beat this team? how do you beat stoke?
no creativity at all apart from the set-pieces. ordinarily, defenders are taught to rescue the ball going to result in a corner kick, play it out of touch to result to throw-in. against stoke, it's better to concede corner-kicks than their throw-ins.

can messi do it on a cold, wet tuesday night in britannia stadium? the answer is a big no!

coogar:

what were you saying about arsenal's draw yesterday again?
you think you would come to the britannia on the opening day and win? not even barcelona would have gotten a win here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sicily4u: 12:09am On Feb 17, 2012
Up United

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:26am On Feb 17, 2012
dayokanu:

You are really daft

your propensity to stretch the borders of idiocy is exemplary.

so valencia came to britannia to get a win now means barcelona would come there and win? would tony pulis approach the game the same way?
newcastle was able to beat stoke fc - tools like you would have predicted easy wins from man utd, chelsea spurs and liverpool on the same ground but did the big teams record any victory there?

that osasuna beat barcelona means real madrid would do the same?
that borussia monchengladbach took 6 points of bayern munich means chelsea would do the same?

dayokanu, when intelligence was distributed in heaven, you were in slumber.
your portion was given to a german shepherd. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 17, 2012
This "Stoke at the Britannia on a wet Thursday"thing:
Well it wasn't wet,so one criteria was missing!
cheesy
Anyway,I'm guessing that phrase shouldn't be taken word-for-word.
Everyone knows the Brittania is one of the hardest places to get a result.They up their game when the big teams come there.Example-United, Chelsea and Liverpool haven't managed a win there this season.
I'm not saying Barcelona won't win there,but it's going to be difficult for them to get any kind of result there.Hence the phrase.
That Valencia won there shouldn't mean that statement has no value.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SEGAD: 8:56am On Feb 17, 2012
sicily4u:

Up United
grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tkb417(m): 2:13pm On Feb 17, 2012
Valencia out for a month

Our best performer presently

Not good enough

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 2:48pm On Feb 17, 2012
Definitely sad news about Tony V's injury. sad

Really need Nani and Young to step it up big time over the coming weeks. Some hard games coming up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:54pm On Feb 17, 2012
StarBoard:

This "Stoke at the Britannia on a wet Thursday"thing:
Well it wasn't wet,so one criteria was missing!
cheesy
Anyway,I'm guessing that phrase shouldn't be taken word-for-word.
Everyone knows the Brittania is one of the hardest places to get a result.They up their game when the big teams come there.Example-United, Chelsea and Liverpool haven't managed a win there this season.
I'm not saying Barcelona won't win there,but it's going to be difficult for them to get any kind of result there.Hence the phrase.
That Valencia won there shouldn't mean that statement has no value.

it wasn't wet, it wasn't windy and it wasn't even a tuesday.
don't mind dayokanu and bronze medjal. grin cheesy

the theory in that statement flew past their head.
if stoke handle valencia like they normally handle united, arsenal and most big teams, valencia would complain to uefa.

Mr_TA:

Definitely sad news about Tony V's injury. sad
Really need Nani and Young to step it up big time over the coming weeks. Some hard games coming up.

nani and young would take charge - his injury came at a very good time in my opinion.
we have cleverley back too - he can play on either flanks too.

how good is tom cleverley? he made a mincemeat of christian eriksen last night.
the gulf in class was too huge. . . . .stuart pearce better take cleverley to the euros.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 2:56pm On Feb 17, 2012
If Stuart Pearce is England's manager for the Euros they may as well just Opt out of the competition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tkb417(m): 2:57pm On Feb 17, 2012
Mr_TA:

If Stuart Pearce is England's manager for the Euros they may as well just Opt out of the competition.
lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:03pm On Feb 17, 2012
Mr_TA:

he's the caretaker. . . .harry would take the job after the season.
i have a feeling england would do well but they must do away with the barry, lampard and gerrard. any attempt to take those players to the euros would bring disgrace to the f-a.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 17, 2012
coogar:

it wasn't wet, it wasn't windy and it wasn't even a tuesday.
don't mind dayokanu and bronze medjal. grin cheesy

the theory in that statement flew past their head.
if stoke handle valencia like they normally handle united, arsenal and most big teams, valencia would complain to uefa.
I'm wondering why folks don't analyse the essence of a statement.
coogar:

how good is tom cleverley? he made a mincemeat of christian eriksen last night.
the gulf in class was too huge. . . . .stuart pearce better take cleverley to the euros.
Cleverley's hour Cameo was impressive.
He is the king of the One-Touch pass.There was one pass that i believe could have measured about 50 yards that he swung diagonally from the right flank to Ashley Young.
When he slowly gets his fitness back,it could be critical for us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mukina2: 5:17pm On Feb 17, 2012
coogar:

rooney travelled. . . . .
berbatov, giggs and [b]evra [/b]told to stay behind. . . .
he would have been booooooooed by Ajax fans grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 17, 2012
@tkb,
Another charge to your sheet.
Fraternizing with Gunners.

Your cup is getting fuller by the day . . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tkb417(m): 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2012
StarBoard:

@tkb,
Another charge to your sheet.
Fraternizing with Gunners.

Your cup is getting fuller by the day . . .
Na Ife guy like you na cheesy

Great Ife first before club affiliation oh

no vex smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 6:51pm On Feb 17, 2012
How was the trip to Backwater Europe last night.   cheesy cheesy

Did your earnings for the win cover your Okada and danfo expenses? 

I heard some Ajax fans even wanted to beat your fans in Holland

You know when Butter boys go to Pako school, the Big pako boys go first beat am. Anyway Welcome to Hell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:02pm On Feb 17, 2012
Didn't watch, but I hope Tom C did well, we could use his ability and versatility in midfield.

Read some reports complimenting DDG on another top draw save. D guy is putting up a compilation of d very good and d very bad in his first season. Hopefully d bad reduces and d good gets better and more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:06pm On Feb 17, 2012
dat save was rily rily good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:26pm On Feb 17, 2012
meanwhile di vaio is r.a.p.i.n.g inter and sneijder is playing rubbish, yet again
i hope united has dodged dt bullet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:29pm On Feb 17, 2012
dayokanu:

How was the trip to Backwater Europe last night.   cheesy cheesy

Did your earnings for the win cover your Okada and danfo expenses? 

I heard some Ajax fans even wanted to beat your fans in Holland

You know when Butter boys go to Pako school, the Big pako boys go first beat am. Anyway Welcome to Hell

ajax amsterdam is backwater europe?
are you a toad? they have won exactly the same number of champions league titles as bayern and you are here spewing garbage again.
i still think your brain needs blood tonic. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 9:48pm On Feb 17, 2012
afrodoc:

meanwhile di vaio is r.a.p.i.n.g inter and sneijder is playing rubbish, yet again
i hope united has dodged dt bullet

Most of the major Dutch players have been average this season Robben, VdV, ELia and Sneijder

Their Euro hopes depend on RvPersie and Huntelaar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:16pm On Feb 17, 2012
dats true,anyway i never rily believed d dutch had a serious chance of winning,tink spain n germany r favourites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:18pm On Feb 17, 2012

phwoar!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:48am On Feb 18, 2012
hope say i neva miss much?! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 18, 2012
With sniedjer recent form this season,i think his evaluation shld av reduced drastically in d market, Then fergie can scoop on dat come summer,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 18, 2012
ogbeche77:

With sniedjer recent form this season,i think his evaluation shld av reduced drastically in d market, Then fergie can scoop on dat come summer,
I don't see it from an economic perspective.
The point is he could be gotten for about half his valuation but at the end of the day not live up to the expected hype.
The central midfield problem needs to be solved one way or the other.Im reading reports Scholes wants to play on.That isn't good news as far as I'm concerned:not only will it stifle the growth/development of Tom Clev and Anderson,it will also see Fergie keep placing his faith in the old brigade,from which we need to move on from.Guys like Pogba will still be moaning over lack of playing time and unsettling the squad with their agent's activity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:47pm On Feb 18, 2012
fergie shud nt scoop sneijder weda its summer,winter or even spring! he is not d guy for united's midfield.he is too injury prone and IMO just anoda hargreaves in d making.also i continue to say sneijder has rarely put in good performances when played in a 4-4-2 so i dont xpect him to suddenly lose his leopard spots.d guy is 27 dis year n his performances hav bin dropping ever since he was 25,i believe he has peaked n his best days r behind him.
d truth is dt there r very few quality creative midfielders around dt can excel in a 2 man midfield,d only ones dt readily come to mind r modric n schweinsteiger.
eriksen,gotze,alcantara,sneijder et.c r all beta in a 3 man midfield wit 2 guys behind them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2012
he is actually turning 28 dis year,buyin him would b a big big mistake in my opinion.d transfer fee plus his high wages would far outstrip his contribution on d pitch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 4:02pm On Feb 18, 2012
afrodoc:

he is actually turning 28 dis year,buyin him would b a big big mistake in my opinion.d transfer fee plus his high wages would far outstrip his contribution on d pitch
yes, SAF shd luk 4 young blood. lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eghos12(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.