Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,988 members, 7,866,716 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:10 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1063) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8882761 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:25pm On Sep 27, 2014
afrodoc2:

Do you read people's comments fully or you just jump in to defend Rooney?
What i and others have said is that Rooney's tackle betrayed his lack of control and intelligence. They were several ways to stop that counter without risking a red card, but Rooney choose the most idi.otic option..............That is what i am saying.
This is compounded by the fact that as captain he should show better leadership and judgement especially now that we are short of about 10 senior players

How is all this different from what I said from the onset, that he did it the wrong way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2014
SailorXY:
he was better than Evans & Smalling has been so far.
besides, whenever we play well, the message becomes that the opposition was poor grin this team dispatched Liverpool. without the gidigbo tactics allowed to flow by Clattenburg against Leicester, we would have also heard that was the worst performance by Leicester this season.
without the early caution to Song, it was exactly the same pattern West Ham had in mind
kudos to the British press for the "poor" sermons tho, long may it continue cool cool cool
Well, unto da next.
Everton like wing football. LvG must try and counter it.

Hope Jones and another CB return. Herrera should take Rooney's place while either Carrick/Fellaini/Fletcher goes into that midfield against Everton and Chelsea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
MrTA: Cant believe Chelsea have double the points we do. undecided

the leicester result screwed us up. we should be above city by now(3rd/4th) but it's not too bad. we could be in liverpool's position. we must win the next 2 games before chelsea.

knowing what jose is like, he would be happy with a draw at OT.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
vosquare: damn....i dnt lyk d way van gaal is treatin falcao....d man was so sedimental 2dae...its obvious rvp is nt in top form and nt playin as expectd...falcao stil plays beta dan rvp for d past 2 to 3games yet rvp play ful match....when lvg remuvd falcao,its obvious d guy was nt happy at al...bt i love his maturity by clappin later...d dude was nt happi.,even tho he didnt score,he was more in d game dn rvp..lvg shuld just liv falcao nd rvp in each game or shuld liv falcao nd sub rvp!!

He has at least three matches now. His time was always going to come. I hope he stays injury free. It looks like referees are not protecting us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:38pm On Sep 27, 2014
[b]Rooney is a disgrace and an
embarrassment! Man United fans slam captain

Gary lineker
Wayne Rooney in a moment of
lunacy, kicking out at Downing,
gets a red card.

Hasan @fantastico
Rooney is our captain. What an
embarrassment

Gary Nelsen @nelse61
Just seen the #Rooney red card incident - should cost him the
Captain's role! Petulant and ridiculous! Supposed to be setting an example!

Saw some people say we
shouldn't expect that from our
captain. As if Roy Keane didn't
get some red cards on his own.
But yeah. 3 points.

an excuse for what Rooney
did..if u can't spot the difference
in Keane and Rooney u need to
quit the sport

If your defending Rooney just
cos Roy Keane did that there's
seriously something wrong with
you. That was utterly disgrace.

That's why Rooney should not
be Capt

Rooney's a disgrace of a capt.Game where we look shaky & trying to restore confidence after Leicester, 2 debutants in defence & he does that

I hope Rooney is made to clean
Paddy McNair's boots after the
match

How is Rooney captain of anything? I wouldn't even put him in charge of half time refreshments.

RIP to Wayne Rooney's last
remaining brain cell

I'm going to for Rooney doing a
public Facebook apology by 8p
tonight saying "I'm sorry I was
frustrated and need to be more
responsible"

[/b]

buhahahahahahahahahahahah....this Supporters wan kill me with laff

coogar n elampiro
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
chrisley024: Well, unto da next.
Everton like wing football. LvG must try and counter it.

Hope Jones and another CB return. Herrera should take Rooney's place while either Carrick/Fellaini/Fletcher goes into that midfield against Everton and Chelsea.

smalling, jones, fellaini & carrick would be back next week. the defence looks ok with those & any of fellaini/carrick can replace herrera.

we should be able to destroy everton with our attack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
How is Rooney captain of anything? I wouldn't even put him in charge of half time refreshments.
shocked shocked grin grin shocked shocked grin grin shocked shocked grin grin smh grin grin shocked shocked grin grin shocked shocked grin grin shocked shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
coogar:

smalling, jones, fellaini & carrick would be back next week. the defence looks ok with those & any of fellaini/carrick can replace herrera.

bros the worst thing that can happen to us now, is a Herrera injury! the only remote likeness we have is Anderson & Perreira, & i doubt LvG has any immediate plans for those two
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
coogar:

Our midfield will be a joke without Herrera. I'll keep praying he comes back before next game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 9:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
Rooney did something noted and that isn't enough to kill him, suarez bites, balo acts silly, pepe and ramos pick up silly reds and nobody says they aint good, cut our captain some slack, roy keane and cantona did worse things
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
“We conceded a goal from a corner, which is a pity because we were playing very good. I said at half-time I was pleased.

“Then you get our set-play, the break from West Ham and the right card for Wayne and that changed everything.

“I think that the referee could give a red card. I think he (Rooney) did it too unfriendly, because you can do it in a more friendly way. I call that a professional fault.

“We have the problem we don’t have the height of the West Ham United players and they were playing the long ball, so it is very difficult to hold this result, but I am very happy we have done that.”

Van Gaal was impressed with the debut display of teenage defender Paddy McNair, who was brought in due to a host of injury problems and shone alongside Marcos Rojo.

He added: “I am very happy that we have won because that is important for a player who is making his debut, and I thought that he was very good. I am very pleased for him.” - Gaal.

Skysports.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
chrisley024: Our midfield will be a joke without Herrera. I'll keep praying he comes back before next game.

if he's injured, what can we do?
carrick is a good passer & blind is also sure of his passes. i hope taking herrera off was precautionary though.....he's too good not to have in our next game. we need rafael & shaw in tip top shape & 2 beastly centre-backs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:12pm On Sep 27, 2014
coogar:

if he's injured, what can we do?
carrick is a good passer & blind is also sure of his passes. i hope taking herrera off was precautionary though.....he's too good not to have in our next game. we need rafael & shaw in tip top shape & 2 beastly centre-backs.
Yeah. If he's fit for next game then he should take Rooney's position while maybe Carrick or another DM joins that midfiled. Mata is sluggish for Everton game.

Rooney to add some pounds before City game grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:28pm On Sep 27, 2014
I am not alone in my opinion.

wotusayin 89 points 4 hours ago
Everyone's saying he should've committed a tactical foul..
It's obviously just a shit lazy attempt at a tactical foul, they were breaking.

SarcasticDevil 60 points 4 hours ago
Exactly what I think. He's going for the cynical trip but then immediately after is probably thinking "Shit that was probably a bit high". Honestly don't think it was anything to do with poor temperament or anything, just went for a common tactical foul but executed it really poorly

wotusayin 55 points 4 hours ago
I think he thinks about pulling his arm down, then changes his mind and goes for the leg swipe, just completely bleeps it.
It's stupid, but people are talking like he just stamped on someones head. Ronaldo punched someone a few weeks ago and nobody talks about it, Rooney makes a shit lazy challenge and everyone calls him a cunt.

jesusthatsgreat 21 points 4 hours ago
"let me take a yellow card here for the team, it'll be worth it"

Clearly just trying to stop West Ham breaking, but wasn't subtle enough.
R1v 3 points 3 hours ago
Yeah I'm not sure what he was hoping to accomplish by making contact with the player with the ball 3 feet away
AltrinchamSuperHighTiger 5 points 4 hours ago

i genuinely think it was a clip of the ankles that got a bit out of hand
permalinkparent

OhHayJohn 90 points 4 hours ago
But he was trying to clip him, wasn't like he was trying to seek retribution on Downing? It was a clear red but it was more misjudged rather than purely nasty in my mind.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
https://vine.co/v/OZgnz1TneEM
McNair's great clearance

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
elampiro:

He has at least three matches now. His time was always going to come. I hope he stays injury free. It looks like referees are not protecting us.
i dy tell u.....Ref hav bn against us..
Sakho should have been sent off
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 11:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
coogar:

Like you did against Leicester?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by edi287: 12:59am On Sep 28, 2014
Man u should come take welbeck back and give us back our 16m...don't care how many dummies he pulls off; we want our money back!!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:46am On Sep 28, 2014
edi287: Man u should come take welbeck back and give us back our 16m...don't care how many dummies he pulls off; we want our money back!!!!!

he he he

Bross...that money don enter water o...abeg come buy Young. 20m
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:12am On Sep 28, 2014
edi287: Man u should come take welbeck back and give us back our 16m...don't care how many dummies he pulls off; we want our money back!!!!!

Leyqute:
he he he

grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:24am On Sep 28, 2014
Leyqute:

he he he

you dey answer am, without Welbeck their attack will be the worst in epl
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:19am On Sep 28, 2014
SailorXY:
you dey answer am, without Welbeck their attack will be the worst in epl

Srsly. Ramsey's injury will make em drop loads of pts. Yeye people.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:36am On Sep 28, 2014
Leyqute:

he he he

we go even dash em anderson join.

Buy young get anderson free cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by vosquare: 7:58am On Sep 28, 2014
PietroRico: we go even dash em anderson join.

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:16am On Sep 28, 2014
PietroRico: we go even dash em anderson join.

but seriously, Anderson no play badly against MK Dons o. & think we will still Young for this season @ at least, I'm sure of that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:13am On Sep 28, 2014
Odunharry:
i dy tell u.....Ref hav bn against us..
Sakho should have been sent off

We lost 4 or 5 points in our first three matches to referee refusal to give us three separate penalties. Against leicester it was a dubious penalty that changed the whole match.

But these things will make us stronger. If we had won two of our first three games, we would not have bought Falcao. With the situation now, we could buy a world class centre back soon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:27am On Sep 28, 2014
elampiro:

We lost 4 or 5 points in our first three matches to referee refusal to give us three separate penalties. Against leicester it was a dubious penalty that changed the whole match.

But these things will make us stronger. If we had two of our first three games, we eould not have bought Falcao. With the situation now, we could buy a world class centre back soon.
true
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by vickertony(m): 11:40am On Sep 28, 2014
Van Persie’s goal was his 50th in 81
appearances for the Red Devils

some morons here still hating
Y'all need jesus!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:06pm On Sep 28, 2014
Everton play fast but they play on the ground. They are also not as strong as they were last season. Let's hope that Herrera recovers to see how we can beat them with a passing game. I think the midfield four of Blind, Di Maria, Herrera and Mata should be able to do well. But they will find it harder against West Brom. West Brom are physical but also play on the ground.

With 3 defenders we conceded 3 goals in 3 matches. With four defenders we conceded 6 goals in three matches. lol

We are yet to concede with Phil Jones in our centre back. I think he should be the first choice centre back. I will prefer Jones and Smalling pairing at the back because of aerial battle. And they are very athletic. Johny Evans+Jones pairing will also be good, they will be able to play the ball out of the denfece well.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ReLaTE(m): 12:11pm On Sep 28, 2014
elampiro: Everton play fast but they play on the ground. They are also not as strong as they were last season. Let's hope that Herrera recovers to see how we can beat them with a passing game. I think the midfield four of Blind, Di Maria, Herrera and Mata should be able to do well. But they will find it harder against West Brom. West Brom are physical but also play on the ground.

With 3 defenders we conceded 3 goals in 3 matches. With four defenders we conceded 6 goals in three matches. lol

We are yet to concede with Phil Jones in our centre back. I think he should be the first choice centre back. I will prefer Jones and Smalling pairing at the back because of aerial battle. And they are very athletic. Johny Evans+Jones pairing will also be good, they will be able to play the ball out of the denfece well.
on point, am always comfortable whenever Jones is in our defence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
SailorXY:
but seriously, Anderson no play badly against MK Dons o. & think we will still Young for this season @ at least, I'm sure of that.
the guy is stuupid jare.

He annoys me.
How can a professional footballer allow himself lose shape in such an annoying way.

if person wan bulk up, na muscle tissues dem dey add, no be adipose angry

One can actually 'feel' him struggling to transport himself across the pitch.

He still has a long way to go before I can begin to consider him
Powell and perreira would be ahead of him in my pecking order.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 28, 2014
I'm a fan of van persie, but it's just obvious that he is no more the player he was.He ain't even supposed to be a starter.
As for LVG, continuous substitution of Radamel, leaving van persie is just the joke of the season.

As for Rooney, cut the guy some slack. It was a crazy tackle, but pepe, Ramos do it every time. Even Ronaldo once kicked against Athletico in the copa de ray final and got a red.
Suarez has been biting and even the legendary Zinedine zidane headbutted. Some days are like that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.