Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,369 members, 7,954,495 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:27 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10729) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9157264 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10726) (10727) (10728) (10729) (10730) (10731) (10732) ... (14373) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 7:46am On Aug 30, 2021
patrickmuf:
You are trying to twist my point for whatever reason.

I said Bruno didn't interpret his role in the pitch hence he was benched...With Ronaldo, Bruno will have to play more as the attacking midfielder that he is else Ronaldo will end up frustrated...

It’s too early to be having these kinds of projections. Bruno is known for his quality deliveries. Ronaldo will appreciate his assists.

For all your bashing, Bruno created Greenwood’s goal vs Soton by passing to Pogba in a difficult angle.

Furthermore, if Bruno leaves his advanced position (and main job of making goals happen) to get heavily involved with buildup play (that the 2 midfielders should take care of), who will create the goals when the ball get up the pitch?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 7:46am On Aug 30, 2021
ChristineC:
we could have retained Pereira then..
besides, one of the stats that doesn't blind says Bruno has covered the most pitch area in Man United since his debut.. even more than Fred.

They won't see this.

The heat map is there for all to see.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:47am On Aug 30, 2021
Expert17:

So you have never seen Bruno in midfield??

Midfielders contribute with goals and assists, show me Fred's goal and assists.

I'm sorry but this is dumb

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:48am On Aug 30, 2021
patrickmuf:
This is what we expected to see yesterday.

............................Bruno................................
..............Moutinho......Neves.......................
..............Pogba............Fred...... ...................

If Bruno had occupied that position illustrated above, no way will Neves and Mourinho have the freedom to dictate the play. Bruno left that position and it became a 2 vs 2 midfield battle when in all honesty it was supposed to be 2 vs 3 in midfield.
So Pogba and Fred cant engage Moutinho and Neves to allow Bruno to attack? Are we Burnley? So how are we supposed to scored if all we do is midfield battle royale, who are Neves and Moutinho? May be if we meet Bayern in UCL Cavani, Rashford and Sancho and even CR7 will join to rescue Pogba and Fred because you will be coming up against Goreztker and Kimich. My brother leave matter lol

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:48am On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:
Even Messi comes into the midfield to help out, but but
See them already agitated because Bruno is mentioned...

Moutinho and Neves were able to dominate the midfield yesterday because they had little defensive responsibility no thanks to Bruno abandoning his role in our set up. If Bruno was positionally disciplined yesterday, one of Moutinho or Neves would have had to sit deep to defend against him but no, Bruno was playing more as a striker. Greenwood will take it because he is a young lad but Ronaldo won't tolerate it. Bruno should focus on his primary responsibility of linking the midfield and attack...He can still score or assist from there though his numbers will drop but it will be for the overall good of the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 7:48am On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:

If Bruno is a forward then we need another person in that midfield so Bruno can play his forward. It's that simple

Another person in the midfield during which phase of play? Because when we don't have the ball 2 out of the 3 forwards behind the CF are usually helping the 2 CMs in the pivot.

It's not Bruno's fault that when we are not playing McFred out midfield us usually found wanting during transition from attack to defense.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 7:49am On Aug 30, 2021
96forever:
What’s VdB’s position in the team then? Cause judging by the latest happenings Lingard seems to be preferred in the Attacking role ahead of him.

The problem is that there are players offering more than him in any midfield position. He can stake a place at CM if he changes his game well enough.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:49am On Aug 30, 2021
patrickmuf:
This is what we expected to see yesterday.

............................Bruno................................
..............Moutinho......Neves.......................
..............Pogba............Fred...... ...................

If Bruno had occupied that position illustrated above, no way will Neves and Mourinho have the freedom to dictate the play. Bruno left that position and it became a 2 vs 2 midfield battle when in all honesty it was supposed to be 2 vs 3 in midfield.
It wasn't a 2 vs 2 because even Traore was drifting into the midfield
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:49am On Aug 30, 2021
Expert17:

They won't see this.

The heat map is there for all to see.

I am stunned by Patrick analysis so Bruno should stay back and not chase goal at 0-0, because our Midfielders could not do a 2-2 battle well

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:49am On Aug 30, 2021
CapitalCee:

So Pogba and Fred cant engage Moutinho and Neves to allow Bruno to attack? Are we Burnley? So how are we supposed to scored if all we do is midfield battle royale, who are Neves and Moutinho? May be if we meet Bayern in UCL Cavani, Rashford and Sancho and even CR7 will join to rescue Pogba and Fred because you will be coming up against Goreztker and Kimich. My brother leave matter lol
Bayern have Muller in Bruno's position. All to teams have that link man between midfield and attack.

Traore was causing enough havoc meaning Fred was dragged all over the place leaving Pogba alone against Moutinho (This guy is no slush) and Neves. We didn't have a forward player causing them enough problems to worry Neves and Moutinho...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 7:50am On Aug 30, 2021
Fred was out of his elements, i wish Ole could force the admin to get that DM or just try some of those youngsters, in the cup games, then transition one of them . We either get a proper DM or play the Brownian holding midfield of McToMinay and Fred. I have had my suspicions about Bruno's bad decision-making in terms of keeping possession, and I am starting to distrust him, but why would you complain, the man's contribution to goal scoring is incredible, and a beggar has no choice. grin. But verily verily i say on to you, na so Ole go take win league, Kurukere Kurukere. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:50am On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:

Hence James which Ole admitted after the match, you are sounding as is Bruno stayed away completely from Midfield, he was there, but at the same time he needs to join the attack
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 7:51am On Aug 30, 2021
CapitalCee:

Lmao!

Them wan turn ball to royal rumble.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:52am On Aug 30, 2021
patrickmuf:
Bayern have Muller in Bruno's position. All to teams have that link man between midfield and attack.
You are saying this because its Goretzker and Kimmich put them in that our Midfield and you will not be haveing this conversation
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:52am On Aug 30, 2021
olabode89:

Another person in the midfield during which phase of play? Because when we don't have the ball 2 out of the 3 forwards behind the CF are usually helping the 2 CMs in the pivot.

It's not Bruno's fault that when we are not playing McFred out midfield us usually found wanting during transition from attack to defense.

Are you sure the midfield is being helped? Pogba and Fred's possession yesterday is almost double that of Bruno.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:53am On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:

I just pointed it out to CapitalCee. Fred was dragged all over the pitch by Traore leaving Pogba alone. If Bruno maintained his position, one of Moutinho or Neves would have had to sit back or one of their CB push up freeing up space for our attackers but no, Bruno must be the furthest man forward for whatever reason.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 7:53am On Aug 30, 2021
patrickmuf:

Moutinho and Neves were able to dominate the midfield yesterday because they had little defensive responsibility no thanks to Bruno abandoning his role in our set up. If Bruno was positionally disciplined yesterday, one of Moutinho or Neves would have had to sit deep to defend against him but no, Bruno was playing more as a striker. Greenwood will take it because he is a young lad but Ronaldo won't tolerate it. Bruno should focus on his primary responsibility of linking the midfield and attack...He can still score or assist from there though his numbers will drop but it will be for the overall good of the team.

Finally finally Trevor has gotten to you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:54am On Aug 30, 2021
CapitalCee:

Hence James which Ole admitted after the match, you are sounding as is Bruno stayed away completely from Midfield, he was there, but at the same time he needs to join the attack
You saw James on Traore at any point or in the midfield? I can't remember seeing this
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 7:54am On Aug 30, 2021
CapitalCee:

I tire o... In the game against Soton was Bruno not fouled close to the midfiled/defense area in the play that led to the goal we conceded?

This Bruno slander will be tackled ASAP, my man ain't perfect but he won't be made the scape goat for Fred's being under the anointing regularly, misplacing passes, jumping into tackles and getting dribbled with ease or Pogba being nonchalant on the ball and not attempting to chase runners sometimes.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:55am On Aug 30, 2021
TheLequte:

Finally finally Trevor has gotten to you.
I am sure if you go back to last season, you'd find me talking about Bruno's rushed passes even before that guy became a regular here...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:56am On Aug 30, 2021
CapitalCee:

If that's what the team needs at that moment, then yes they should. That's why it's a team. After all we encourage FBs to get forward and join the attack
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 7:56am On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:

Are you sure the midfield is being helped? Pogba and Fred's possession yesterday is almost double that of Bruno.

On multiple occasions in that game James, Greenwood (when Cavani came on), Bruno and even Sancho were in the midfield area helping out when we were defending.

Of course Fred and Pogba's possession numbers will be high based on how we like to recycle the ball between the pivot CMs and the two CBs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:58am On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:

You saw James on Traore at any point or in the midfield? I can't remember seeing this
Whatever Ole had in his head didn't work out. Maybe he was thinking James will worry their LWB forcing Traore to drop deep but no, James didn't do nothing...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:00am On Aug 30, 2021
olabode89:

On multiple occasions in that game James, Greenwood (when Cavani came on), Bruno and even Sancho were in the midfield area helping out when we were defending.

Of course Fred and Pogba's possession numbers will be high based on how we like to recycle the ball between the pivot CMs and the two CBs.
Lol Pogba now likes to recycle ball with the CBs. There's plenty instances when the midfield held the ball and everyone was running forward hoping for a looped ball and some miracle. Even Bruno that should come closer, collect the ball and create quality chances. That's why Wolves were able to deal with our threat comfortably.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:03am On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:

Lol Pogba now likes to recycle ball with the CBs. There's plenty instances when the midfield held the ball and everyone was running forward hoping for a looped ball and some miracle. Even Bruno that should come closer, collect the ball and create quality chances. That's why Wolves were able to deal with our threat comfortably.
Bruno was making runs like Inzaghi will do...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:03am On Aug 30, 2021
patrickmuf:

Neves and Moutinho where free because Wolves were playing 3 at the back and our wingers James and Sancho were ineffective. So Bruno should troble 5 defenders alone? How can he link Midfield and attack when the Midfield is non existent. So Bruno should go and get the ball from Varane/Maguire then go ahead and trouble Wolves back 5? While Fred and Pogba will be eating salad

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 8:04am On Aug 30, 2021
I kind of agree with @Patrickmuf and friends on this one. Bruno should have kept himself in a position to join the midfield proper. You cannot be useless at everything on matchday. Do something else. cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:05am On Aug 30, 2021
patrickmuf:
I just pointed it out to CapitalCee. Fred was dragged all over the pitch by Traore leaving Pogba alone. If Bruno maintained his position, one of Moutinho or Neves would have had to sit back or one of their CB push up freeing up space for our attackers but no, Bruno must be the furthest man forward for whatever reason.
The reality on ground now is that these are the people we have at the club. Same way I have made my peace with the manager. I've always maintained that Fred can't be the DM and if he has to be there because there's no one else, then the team should adjust to that. I'll be glad to see a Bissouma but if that doesn't happen, then we can't isolate the midfield and expect a miracle. Pogba was jogging at some point. Pep will hardly allow a one on one against players like Traore. It's that simple
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:06am On Aug 30, 2021
CapitalCee:

Neves and Moutinho where free because Wolves were playing 3 at the back and our wingers James and Sancho were ineffective. So Bruno should troble 5 defenders alone? How can he link Midfield and attack when the Midfield is non existent. So Bruno should go and get the ball from Varane/Maguire then go ahead and trouble Wolves back 5? While Fred and Pogba will be eating salad
He should go and get the ball from Fred and Pogba
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:06am On Aug 30, 2021
TheLequte:

It’s too early to be having these kinds of projections. Bruno is known for his quality deliveries. Ronaldo will appreciate his assists.

For all your bashing, Bruno created Greenwood’s goal vs Soton by passing to Pogba in a difficult angle.

Furthermore, if Bruno leaves his advanced position (and main job of making goals happen) to get heavily involved with buildup play (that the 2 midfielders should take care of), who will create the goals when the ball get up the pitch?
He wants young boy Greenwood to trouble Saiss, Boly, Coady,Semedo and Ginbs white alone.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:06am On Aug 30, 2021
CapitalCee:

Between the 3 CBs and 2 midfielders, there's space and that's where Bruno was supposed to operate from and in the process forcing one of the two midfielders to drop back or dragging one CB out of position but he abandoned that space and instead pushed forward, close to their box that is already choked.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:07am On Aug 30, 2021
patrickmuf:
Bruno was making runs like Inzaghi will do...
They said he's a forward now. So when opposition fans comes up with this point, they should just agree o

(1) (2) (3) ... (10726) (10727) (10728) (10729) (10730) (10731) (10732) ... (14373) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.