Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10752) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8726568 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10749) (10750) (10751) (10752) (10753) (10754) (10755) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 31, 2021
Oasis007:

grin

Seriously asking?

Chance of seeing him on the pitch throughout the season is almost zero. Will feature mainly in the YouTube training videos.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:16pm On Aug 31, 2021
Oasis007:

grin

Fixed.
REST angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 31, 2021
KingAlabi:
Let's try a VDB and pogba midfield, VDB can't be worse than Fred FFS sad

I just tire.

They should try whatever they want to try. Just get the results without using lack of a DM as an excuse. The summer transfer window closes tonight.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:19pm On Aug 31, 2021
KingAlabi:
Let's try a VDB and pogba midfield, VDB can't be worse than Fred FFS sad

I just tire.

VDB is still in Manchester, and gonna play the closed door (friendly) Match. He's not invited for a Reason. I won't be surprised if he plays DM in the Game.

On Record, Fred may miss our next Match, thus VDB should be prepared.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:20pm On Aug 31, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Chance of seeing him on the pitch throughout the season is almost zero. Will feature mainly in the YouTube training videos.

Carabao Cup.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:24pm On Aug 31, 2021
GloryIsaac:

They should try whatever they want to try. Just get the results without using lack of a DM as an excuse. The summer transfer window closes tonight.
Something that has already closed?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:25pm On Aug 31, 2021
Oasis007:

VDB is still in Manchester, and gonna play the closed door (friendly) Match. He's not invited for a Reason. I won't be surprised if he plays DM in the Game.

On Record, Fred may miss our next Match, thus VDB should be prepared.
Why will Fred miss the match?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:34pm On Aug 31, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Olé has a Doctorate in deceit. Lies unapologetically, keeping a straight face at it.
Like, the man no dey straightforward. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:37pm On Aug 31, 2021
KingAlabi:

Why will Fred miss the match?

He's going home for Brazil Matches. He must quarantine once he returns to England for 10 days. That's the major Reason Cavani stays back.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:37pm On Aug 31, 2021
ChristineC:
be thankful for what you have, and McFred didn't exactly feature in the last game as well.
I remember early last season, we scrapped a 2-1 or 3-2 win against a club I can't remember right now (maybe Brighton), and there was littered rhetoric about doom and gloom as usual. United made light work of the same opponent 3-0 only three days later, even fielding a supposed weaker team.
these things are not black and white all the time.
no team is really perfect. three quality players have been added to a team on the fringes from last season. they deserve a fair crack at the very least.

E go better for you!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 31, 2021
Oasis007:

Carabao Cup.

Hendo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 31, 2021
Oasis007:

He's going home for Brazil Matches. He must quarantine once he returns to England for 10 days. That's the major Reason Cavani stays back.

EPL clubs made a unanimous decision not to release players going to red-listed countries.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:41pm On Aug 31, 2021
Oasis007:

I just hope so angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:42pm On Aug 31, 2021
GloryIsaac:

EPL clubs made a unanimous decision not to release players going to red-listed countries.

Iwobi, Etebo, Ndidi, Iheanacho are presently in Lagos. We have Cape Verde to play and the Country is on red List too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 12:12am On Sep 01, 2021
United had the best transfer window

Signing Varane, C-Ronaldo and Sancho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:28am On Sep 01, 2021
Donny van de Beek's agent Guido Albers: "There was interest from Italy, Germany, England... so that looked good. But you need the cooperation of the club, and it looked like they would, but they didn't. Disappointing, but also reassuring for him."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:29am On Sep 01, 2021
Donny van de Beek's agent Guido Albers: "Is he happy or disappointed? I won't say. But everybody who knows Donny knows he loves the game and he wants to be on the pitch every week. So from this answer you can probably tell what he wanted most."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 2:13am On Sep 01, 2021
GloryIsaac:

They should just win the league or the UCL. How they do it doesn’t matter to me. McFred or not.

This is arguably the best team assembled since Fergie left, yet they can’t add one defensive midfielder to make it completely balanced.

We’ll probably have to outscore every opponent without concern for clean sheets.
perhaps the funds used to acquire Ronaldo was marked for a midfielder? but we didn't really make a prior offer for one anyways according to media reports. we can only speculate to certain degree.
I'm not saying the squad can't be better, but this is what we have, and maybe it's not so bad.
let's see how the season go.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 2:23am On Sep 01, 2021
I can understand any frustrations being vented out. We just had a transfer window that is most definitely top 5 dead or alive (like Jadakiss) and we fail to go for the jugular by getting a DM.

You have some of the best attackers in the world, why then do you hesitate to give them a solid trustworthy base to do their thing?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:30am On Sep 01, 2021
DeadPresidents:
I can understand any frustrations being vented out. We just had a transfer window that is most definitely top 5 dead or alive (like Jadakiss) and we fail to go for the jugular by getting a DM.

You have some of the best attackers in the world, why then do you hesitate to give them a solid trustworthy base to do their thing?

With the squad we have there is no way we shouldn’t make top 4. That is all the Glazers care about.

The purchase of CR7 was just in order to prevent another fan revolt or meltdown. They were happy with Sancho and Varane.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by jargooflife912(m): 2:31am On Sep 01, 2021
The EPL boys are not playing the Cape Verde game they will be playing just the Liberia match that’s why Nigeria have a large squad for this Qualifer
Oasis007:

Iwobi, Etebo, Ndidi, Iheanacho are presently in Lagos. We have Cape Verde to play and the Country is on red List too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 4:03am On Sep 01, 2021
TonyMontana94:
cheesy grin grin grin So them never germinate?

I dey tell you. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 4:05am On Sep 01, 2021
Sniper4real:

It's like na only attacking players our academy dey pay more attention to. From Lingard set down to Greenwood Set. Na only Mctominey be the midfielders wey dem dey with 1st team. If I'm wrong, correct me abeg. And he sef be average player.

McTom dey. The defence guys No dey do well at all.
I feel they are not integrating them enough and giving them enough chance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 4:06am On Sep 01, 2021
melodyogonna:
James Garner

Why we com dey find DM?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 6:44am On Sep 01, 2021
odizeey:

Why we com dey find DM?

Because James Garner is not ready. That is perfectly ok as defensive midfielders mature at a different pace compared to attackers.

If a young attacker screws up, at worse you get a draw. If a defensive midfielder screws up, your chances of losing just jumped up (see Fred previous game ffs)

There is a reason no top 6 team has a starting DM from the academy.

City - Rodri
Pool - Fabinho
United - Matic
Chelsea - Jogginhoe/Kante
Spurs - Hojbjerg
Leicester - Ndidi

DM position is not where you employ IT students if you’re serious about winning anything.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 7:03am On Sep 01, 2021
Oasis007:

grin

Too much?!
Too small

Those guys are always mad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 01, 2021
Oasis007:

I understand that. The previous post meant that clubs are under no obligation to release their players for international duty. So if they choose not to, they have the support of the FA.

Also, I doubt the players will face a country placed on the red-list, they might only play against those that are safe. E.g Michail Antonio
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 01, 2021
ChristineC:
perhaps the funds used to acquire Ronaldo was marked for a midfielder? but we didn't really make a prior offer for one anyways according to media reports. we can only speculate to certain degree.
I'm not saying the squad can't be better, but this is what we have, and maybe it's not so bad.
let's see how the season go.

The Ronaldo acquisition is quite funny, it reminds me of Alexis Sanchez (though I expect Cristiano to perform way better).

Ronaldo was never in the picture, but Man was fed up with Juve management and determined to leave. United only made that deal to avoid the shame of watching him play for City.

Never seen United attempt and complete a deal so fast when it’s not deadline day.

Well, let’s see how the season goes. By hook or crook, the league or UCL has to come home.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:06am On Sep 01, 2021
Oasis007:

grin

Here we go........?!

grin
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:10am On Sep 01, 2021
So it's MatMcFred for DM this season? Ole has no more excuse.....

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 8:12am On Sep 01, 2021
DeadPresidents:

Because James Garner is not ready. That is perfectly ok as defensive midfielders mature at a different pace compared to attackers.

If a young attacker screws up, at worse you get a draw. If a defensive midfielder screws up, your chances of losing just jumped up (see Fred previous game ffs)

There is a reason no top 6 team has a starting DM from the academy.

City - Rodri
Pool - Fabinho
United - Matic
Chelsea - Jogginhoe/Kante
Spurs - Hojbjerg
Leicester - Ndidi

DM position is not where you employ IT students if you’re serious about winning anything.

Those DMs came from heaven ready-made. Nice nice. We've had a DM issue for years, no purchases and no grooming. Must they play all the matches?

You people should stop mentioning Garner if he is not ready according to you. How is that a product?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 01, 2021
Oasis007:

grin

Fixed.
The club that appointed a stupid manager is a stupid club.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10749) (10750) (10751) (10752) (10753) (10754) (10755) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.