Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10781) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8727509 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10778) (10779) (10780) (10781) (10782) (10783) (10784) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 9:33am On Sep 10, 2021
TheLequte:

Possible. Bamford looks unserious sometimes and he misses some easy goals too. But then he’s quite intelligent and scores some impossible goals.

So. Possible.

Might be Liverpool’s most difficult game. Yet.
Chelsea nko? grin grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 9:33am On Sep 10, 2021
It seems like because of our huge fanbase and our large presence online, we've got a way of damaging players psychologically. I don't like the extent to which this Fred's trolling is going. The guy's human. Must be hard to bounce back from this.

If Bruno hits a bad form for about 2 months. I mean 2 months with no goals or assists. I doubt he'll bounce back. You see martial holding the ball and you see the crazy pressure on him to do something meaningful with it. Makes him commit silly mistakes. Makes me remember Lukaku.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 9:35am On Sep 10, 2021
KingAlabi:

The game was at Anfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 9:45am On Sep 10, 2021
ChristoBam:
It seems like because of our huge fanbase and our large presence online, we've got a way of damaging players psychologically. I don't like the extent to which this Fred's trolling is going. The guy's human. Must be hard to bounce back from this.

If Bruno hits a bad form for about 2 months. I mean 2 months with no goals or assists. I doubt he'll bounce back. You see martial holding the ball and you see the crazy pressure on him to do something meaningful with it. Makes him commit silly mistakes. Makes me remember Lukaku.

Rodri, Hojbjerg, Kovacic, Kante are also human. Yet you don’t see them giving Kelechi a nice assist.

Neither do they look at Adama Traoré “lojukoroju” and then pass to him so that he can counter. Or give Trincao a through pass and then chop grass afterwards.

Being human is scoring an own goal or two in 5 years. When you continuously make mistakes such that your teammates cannot trust you with a pass unless the opponent is 2km away, you’re no longer human. You’re a nuisance.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 9:46am On Sep 10, 2021
afrodoc2:

How did you extrapolate Lukaku from kuku ?

grin
egbon Doc, you too? cheesy

I been wan deal with that son of Beelzebub
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by jargooflife912(m): 9:47am On Sep 10, 2021
TheLequte:

Rodri, Hojbjerg, Kovacic, Kante are also human. Yet you don’t see them giving Kelechi a nice assist.

Neither do they look at Adama Traoré “lojukoroju” and then pass to him so that he can counter. Or give Trincao a through pass and then chop grass afterwards.

Being human is scoring an own goal or two in 5 years. When you continuously make mistakes such that your teammates cannot trust you with a pass unless the opponent is 2km away, you’re no longer human. You’re a nuisance.
Word!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 9:49am On Sep 10, 2021
KingAlabi:

I just dey watch you...

Una better win UCL this season o after signing Ororo, Varane and Sancho.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:06am On Sep 10, 2021
Skimpledawg:

I just dey watch you...

Una better win UCL this season o after signing Ororo, Varane and Sancho.

First give us Thomas Tuchel and take Amaka.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 10:27am On Sep 10, 2021
TheLequte:

Chief. You get sense pass Trevor. Na why I dey try explain my point to you.

I no doubt say fitness and physicality no important, I just don’t think other metrics like intelligence and technicality should be thrown away.

There’s a level of fitness required to even start a match, but you shouldn’t be always starting if 200% fitness is the only thing that you have to offer.

The two players who we don’t think merit their starting positions are the two who runs tirelessly the most- Fred and James.

I just think other players who are not as superfit as those 2 but are good on the ball and have better chemistry with their teammates should get a run in too.

James is disconnected from everybody. He crosses to lizards on a steady basis and nobody trusts Fred enough to pass to him when there’s an opponent near him.

No be only fitness be the koko. Intelligence, team chemistry, etc are also important.
James was benched for much of last season, then sold this summer. Fred was benched a few games when Pogba returned from injury, then it became clear Pogba couldn't cover the midfield like Fred did. Matic is old and no longer as good as he once was. I no really see who you expect the coach to play
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 10:31am On Sep 10, 2021
melodyogonna:

James was benched for much of last season, then sold this summer. Fred was benched a few games when Pogba returned from injury, then it became clear Pogba couldn't cover the midfield like Fred did. Matic is old and no longer as good as he once was. I no really see who you expect the coach to play

James played more games than he should.

Fred has played more games in the last 2 seasons than all midfielders except Bruno.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 10:31am On Sep 10, 2021
TheLequte:

this Fred stuff is overblown abeg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 10:35am On Sep 10, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Na based on your moniker na grin
Panthers don't run like that, they are very strategic when they hunt, observing and moving silently moving to hunt their prey. smiley

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 10:36am On Sep 10, 2021
TheLequte:

You no get sense cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 10:38am On Sep 10, 2021
Even on Twitter

The whole trolling on Fred is getting too much but e dey funny die cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 10:39am On Sep 10, 2021
TheLequte:

James played more games than he should.

Fred has played more games in the last 2 seasons than all midfielders except Bruno.
Being the only available backup for the wingers has nothing to do with it?

Because Fred is always fit and available, and ready to work his arse off. If you provide him a solid DM the deficiencies wouldn't be as noticeable, the period he played with Matic is a good example. In fact the whole of that season shows Fred can be a very good CM if he musters enough confidence. But as ChristoBam said, these trolls are wrecking our players psychologically, a few bad games and they're trolled until their confidence plummets.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ennyjay69(m): 10:48am On Sep 10, 2021
TheLequte:

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 10:54am On Sep 10, 2021
Oasis007:
cool
The only error in the beauriful pix is Ole cheesy...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 10:57am On Sep 10, 2021
TheLequte:

Going by these comments I don’t think CR7 will start that game. Maybe he won’t even feature at all sef.

You see, it looks like Ole is a nincompoop. The number one criteria he looks for when picking his starting XI is fitness and physicality. Other metrics are not half as important.

If you cannot run as fast as James, you’re not getting a sniff.

Ever wondered why James still starts games and Fred keeps getting the nod over more intelligent, more technical midfielders ? They run around a lot more than the others.

It doesn’t matter if they do it without any sense. To him they are the best.

This Ole guy is proving more and more that he doesn’t merit that position he’s in.

Stop attacking the innocent man please. It’s not his fault, nothing is ever his fault.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 11:01am On Sep 10, 2021
afrodoc2:
grin

Doc wetin eph.12 do you na cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:03am On Sep 10, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Doc wetin eph.12 do you na cheesy

Haba. Wetin bring eph into this matter na.

i am just happy that we have an extra player available for selection.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 11:06am On Sep 10, 2021
Oasis007:
Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm here to make history and put Manchester United where they deserve to be."

Ole: “please, we don’t do that here! We have a process and besides, trophies are an ego thing.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:12am On Sep 10, 2021
CR7 might actually make a bigger impact off the pitch compared to on the pitch.

Players like Greenwood, Rashford, Sancho, Elanga, Mejbri, Shoretire would learn a lot from him in terms of proper diet, lifestyle modification, training, exercise.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 11:18am On Sep 10, 2021
melodyogonna:

Being the only available backup for the wingers has nothing to do with it?

Because Fred is always fit and available, and ready to work his arse off. If you provide him a solid DM the deficiencies wouldn't be as noticeable, the period he played with Matic is a good example. In fact the whole of that season shows Fred can be a very good CM if he musters enough confidence. But as ChristoBam said, these trolls are wrecking our players psychologically, a few bad games and they're trolled until their confidence plummets.

Only that Fred didn’t have a few bad games. E plenty die. Tomorrow again, expect some mistakes from him if he starts.

There are two certain things in life- death , and calamity from Fred.

The fact that he gets a lot of game time should’ve arranged his head. He should have matured and be doing way better than he’s currently doing.

That he’s not improving simply means that he doesn’t have it in him. If Fred plays all the minutes available this season, he’ll still make silly mistakes the next season.

He doesn’t learn, he just keeps repeating the same thing expecting different results. That’s the definition of insanity na.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 11:19am On Sep 10, 2021
Ennyjay69:
grin

Na Afrodoc first talk am. I’m merely passing on his message grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 11:23am On Sep 10, 2021
afrodoc2:

Haba. Wetin bring eph into this matter na.

i am just happy that we have an extra player available for selection.
Na lie cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:27am On Sep 10, 2021
TheLequte:

Na Afrodoc first talk am. I’m merely passing on his message grin

Your message passing is as unreliable as Fred's passing in general.. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:28am On Sep 10, 2021
Cristiano Ronaldo shirt sales have hit £187.1m since Manchester United officially announced his shirt number, meaning United have now recouped all of the £12.9m fee the club paid Juventus (United receive £13.1m commission).

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:31am On Sep 10, 2021
Cristiano Ronaldo has the fastest selling jersey in Premier League history.

12 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:33am On Sep 10, 2021
Almost twice as many 'Ronaldo 7' Manchester United shirts have been bought this summer compared to 'Messi 30' PSG shirts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:52am On Sep 10, 2021
Oasis007:
Cristiano Ronaldo shirt sales have hit £187.1m since Manchester United officially announced his shirt number, meaning United have now recouped all of the £12.9m fee the club paid Juventus (United receive £13.1m commission).

Boss move.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2021
Oasis007:

I just like this guy, abeg

smiley

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
Oasis007:
Almost twice as many 'Ronaldo 7' Manchester United shirts have been bought this summer compared to 'Messi 30' PSG shirts.

How is this possible? cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (10778) (10779) (10780) (10781) (10782) (10783) (10784) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Oasis007(m), AdisaOwala and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.