Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,230 members, 7,846,082 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1080) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8824805 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) ... (14204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 03, 2014
PietroRico: so u believed that bullshiiit interview?
undecided

Sneijder just wanted to use us feel relevant jare. He's trying to compensate himself over that failed move

Imagine the old cargo coming out to say he turned us down for UCL footie. grin
Laughable at best.

Mtchew.
Not sure why people feel it's imperative to draw conclusions where there are none.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:40am On Oct 03, 2014
undecided
Sneijder just wanted to use us feel relevant jare. He's trying to compensate himself over that failed move

Laughable at best.

Mtchew.

he didn't say he turned us down - we never even made any bid for him. he said he was aware of united's interest in him.....but champions league was more important to him & he wasn't going to leave galatasaray.

the so called united interest was media-generated. during the summer, he was actually saying it would be difficult to turn united down if van gaal makes him an offer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:41am On Oct 03, 2014
undecided

Laughable at best.

Mtchew.

That part is ridiculous. cheesy

Are you trying to say he didn't grant any interview? Secondly, he cannot be telling lies against Gaal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:44am On Oct 03, 2014
Like we are novice here. Everyone knows consultations are on for a long period before bids are made. Nobody heed about Falcao's negotiations until the last minute. Sam with Blind.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:49am On Oct 03, 2014
coogar:
he didn't say he turned us down - we never even made any bid for him. he said he was aware of united's interest in him.....but champions league was more important to him & he wasn't going to leave galatasaray.
the so called united interest was media-generated. during the summer, he was actually saying it would be difficult to turn united down if van gaal makes him an offer.
I remember that part very well. It was the reason why I didn't even bother paying any attention to the other interview.

StarBoard:
Not sure why people feel it's imperative to draw conclusions where there are none.
I tire.
elampiro:
That part is ridiculous. cheesy
Are you trying to say he didn't grant any interview? Secondly, he cannot be telling lies against Gaal.
the interview happened.
But it isn't to be taken seriously.
Na 2day players begin use 'man utd interest' claim level?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:51am On Oct 03, 2014
I see no way Gaal favoured Rooney for the captaincy. Afterall, Fletcher and Cleverley were tried first being older members of the United family than Rooney.

The gallery Gaal ought to have danced or played to was 'the call by English press and fans to drop Rooney' from the team. I think Gaal is only true to what he believes is the right thing. If there has been any pressure about Rooney, it has to be about him being dropped- a call some people promoted after they misunderstood Paul Scholes article.

* RVP was made first choice striker when he was probably our worst player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:51am On Oct 03, 2014
StarBoard:

even if we assume the so called sneijder interest was true for argument's sake, rooney would have been the man to vacate his position in the hole & probably sit on the bench. rooney isn't ever going to displace van persie in the centre forward position.

PietroRico:
I remember that part very well. It was the reason why I didn't even bother paying any attention to the other interview.

he just said "interest"......any player can claim united are interested in them especially with the way the media go apëshit during the summer and link united to virtually everyone just to sell papers.

i remember correcting dayokanu then when he was saying all our targets snubbed us for other clubs. dailymail will make up a useless story that united are interested in obafemi martins with no credible quote backing the story. 3 days later, martins would renew his contract or join some obscure club & dailymail would write that martins has snubbed united........when there was no interest or bid in the first place.

it's just a gimmick to sell papers - they know anything united draws views & mouse-clicks and they use it to their advantage. this is why i don't really focus on the headlines, i look for quotes. dailymail fools the internet sheep with phrases like "it was gathered that", "close sources said", etc. when you read stuff like that, you can be 99% sure that it's bullshyte!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:53am On Oct 03, 2014
PietroRico:
the interview happened.
But it isn't to be taken seriously.
Na 2day players begin use 'man utd interest' claim level?

I hear you. Carry on. I reserve the rest of my comments. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 03, 2014
elampiro: I see no way Gaal favoured Rooney for the captaincy. Afterall, Fletcher and Cleverley were tried first being older members of the United family than Rooney.
The gallery Gaal ought to have danced or played to was 'the call by English press and fans to drop Rooney' from the team. I think Gaal is only true to what he believes is the right thing. If there has been any pressure about Rooney, it has to be about him being dropped- a call some people promoted after they misunderstood Paul Scholes article.
* RVP was made first choice striker when he was probably our worst player.
Not sure what you mean. Really, I don't get the Cleverley part.
You clearly turn a blind eye to Rooney's two transfer requests to get away from United.
But you want to slander other people in favour of a sub-par traitor Rooney.

It's a free world sir. Ride on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:58am On Oct 03, 2014
coogar:

even if we assume the so called sneijder interest was true for argument's sake, rooney would have been the man to vacate his position in the hole & probably sit on the bench. rooney isn't ever going to displace van persie in the centre forward position.

lol.

At that time Falcao had not been signed and there wouldn't have been who displaces who in the striking role had United decided not to sign Falcao. The coach could also have gone for a flat 4-3-3, no hole at all. Like Gaal played in the second half vs Mexico.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 11:58am On Oct 03, 2014
skysports comparison of costa and welbeck

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
elampiro:
lol.

At that time Falcao had not been signed and there wouldn't have been who displaces who in the striking role had United decided not to sign Falcao. The coach could also have gone for a flat 4-3-3, no hole at all. Like Gaal played in the second half vs Mexico.

we had welbeck & hernandez.
there's no way rooney would displace any of those two in the forward position as well cos they have more pace than rooney in a 4-3-3.

there's no way you can put sneijder & rooney in the same team regardless of the formation. rooney would have had to give way to sneijder - they both have the same function.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
StarBoard:
Not sure what you mean. Really, I don't get the Cleverley part.
You clearly turn a blind eye to Rooney's two transfer requests to get away from United.
But you want to slander other people in favour of a sub-par traitor Rooney.

It's a free world sir. Ride on.

How was your voluteer job at the ebola quarantine centre? I heard you were in the intensive care unit that you couldn't post online for so long. When the relieve came you started posting pictures from the movies you used to while away time during the peak of the ebola battle. lol cheesy I knew your first real post would be to attack Rooney. grin I thought the captaincy stuff has been debated and forgotten since. BinghiNya was said to be also a volunteer, but he wasn't in the intensive care unit. Hence he had the time to post twice weekly. U're welcome back sir.

* I don't know the polictics behind Rooney asking for a transfer, he may not have been his fault. CR7 forced a transfer without giving us an option to hold him back even for 1 million/week.

* If you were a professional footballer, what would you do if another club (Man City) came for you(Rooney) with 100% increase in your salary and you know this career doesnt last at all? I learnt Rooney even had to take a cut to stay in 2010.

* In 2013, Rooney wasn't clear as to what SAF wanted to do with him. SAF brought Kagawa a number 10. He brought RVP a number 9. The Rooney got played in the midfield and wing a few times, and got dropped against Madrid. This came after he was used as a deep player to stop Di Maria/CR7+ Coentrao from the right defensive side of the midfield. If you were a professional, wouldn't you have asked the boss where your career was headed so that you can fix it yourself?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
mcfarlin post=/post/26829620:
where's the image?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
coogar:

we had welbeck & hernandez.
there's no way rooney would displace any of those two in the forward position as well cos they have more pace than rooney in a 4-3-3.

there's no way you can put sneijder & rooney in the same team regardless of the formation. rooney would have had to give way to sneijder - they both have the same function.

* I heard you oooo. Gaal had only two formations- 3-5-2 and 4-3-3.

* On United 4-3-3 formation, Rooney has beasted everyone (except CR7) from time immemorial to date.

So keep your opinion to yourself.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:27pm On Oct 03, 2014
hopefully, this Rooney debate won't stretch beyond this page tho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:27pm On Oct 03, 2014
mcfarlin post=/post/26829620:

Whoever did that comparision should be sacked. grin It will make more sense comparing Chicharito who is an out and out striker to Costa.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:31pm On Oct 03, 2014
SailorXY post=/post/26830301:

There is no debate. As for now, Rooney is not in the team. We have to discuss Mata and the team. Let's hope Mata gives us cause to smile and no injuries to any of the three forwards. Should Mata fail, Coogar will have to answer to me in at least a full page. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2014
elampiro post=/post/26830146:

How was your voluteer job at the ebola quarantine centre? I heard you were in the intensive care unit that you couldn't post online for so long. When the relieve came you started posting pictures from the movies you used to while away time during the peak of the ebola battle. lol cheesy I knew your first real post would be to attack Rooney. grin I thought the captaincy stuff has been debated and forgotten since. BinghiNya was said to be also a volunteer, but he wasn't in the intensive care unit. Hence he had the time to post twice weekly. U're welcome back sir.

* I don't know the polictics behind Rooney asking for a transfer, he may not have been his fault. CR7 forced a transfer without giving us an option to hold him back even for 1 million/week.

* If you were a professional footballer, what would you do if another club (Man City) came for you(Rooney) with 100% increase in your salary and you know this career doesnt last at all? I learnt Rooney even had to take a cut to stay in 2010.

* In 2013, Rooney wasn't clear as to what SAF wanted to do with him. SAF brought Kagawa a number 10. He brought RVP a number 9. The Rooney got played in the midfield and wing a few times, and got dropped against Madrid. This came after he was used as a deep player to stop Di Maria/CR7+ Coentrao from the right defensive side of the midfield. If you were a professional, wouldn't you have asked the boss where your career was headed so that you can fix it yourself?

1. Fact is Rooney asked for a transfer twice. After getting a hike and criticising the club. Ronaldo was never in the running for club captain so this comparison doesn't hold water.

2. You still validate the position that Rooney after all his antics. How can someone whose loyalty to the club with whom he has become England's highest earner be in the running to be the captain of England's biggest club?

3. Rooney was lost in the shuffle when it came to the lead striker's role in 2012/13. It was an indictment on him that Fergie had to buy a 29 year old Robin van Persie to ensure we won the title.

Yeah I was out to kind of try to reflect on certain things. The lunacy that ran rampant at the time of my departure doesn't fit into my system anymore.
Pardon my amnesia about the captaincy issue. I only brought it up because it appears van Gaal has actually gone soft. Rooney as a leader leaves a lot to be desired in my view. It's only symptomatic of the present United squad where we keep bumbling from one uncertainty into the other.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 12:54pm On Oct 03, 2014
elampiro post=/post/26830310:

Whoever did that comparision should be sacked. grin It will make more sense comparing Chicharito who is an out and out striker to Costa.

That's your opinion

Truth is on sunday the 2 main attractions/main men for either side will be welbeck and costa.

Although the british press with its characteristic penchant for overhyping british players have started comparing welbeck to henry which is outrageous to say the least.

A player like welbeck with the balance of a baby giraffe scores a rare hatrick and everyone goes gaga..I just don't get it.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2014
StarBoard post=/post/26827837:

And Mata has like 8 goals in 11 games as a midfielder.
Surely you don't mean what you say.
i always do
i thought we all agree that preseason don't mean shite.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
SIRcumalot post=/post/26831275:

i always do
i thought we all agree that preseason don't mean shite.
Dating back to last season, bro since he joined United
Pre-season never meant squat to me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 1:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
elampiro post=/post/26829210:
Like we are novice here. Everyone knows consultations are on for a long period before bids are made. Nobody heed about Falcao's negotiations until the last minute. Sam with Blind.

Blind was all over the tabloids weeks before he finally signed.

I can only relate with you on Falcao but mba nu on Daley Blind.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 1:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
SailorXY post=/post/26830301:
You can never be so sure. Once the debate start,it will go on hyper drive and before you know it,we are in the next ten pages.gringringrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 2:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
mcfarlin:

That's your opinion

Truth is on sunday the 2 main attractions/main men for either side will be welbeck and costa.

Although the british press with its characteristic penchant for overhyping british players have started comparing welbeck to henry which is outrageous to say the least.

A player like welbeck with the balance of a baby giraffe scores a rare hatrick and everyone goes gaga..I just don't get it.
let welbeck have his time in the spotlight.. He has outscored the overrated Italian.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Blind was all over the tabloids weeks before he finally signed.

I can only relate with you on Falcao but mba nu on Daley Blind.

All over the tabloids like the one below which was published a day or two before he was signed?

No Manchester United bid for Ajax’s Daley Blind, says agent

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/26/daley-blind-agent-no-contact-from-manchester-united

Lol.

Good u admitted Falcao's.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
elampiro:

All over the tabloids like the one below which was published a day or two before he was signed?

No Manchester United bid for Ajax’s Daley Blind, says agent

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/26/daley-blind-agent-no-contact-from-manchester-united

Good u admitted Falcao's.....

Lol.

Elamps so you want to tell me you didnt catch a whiff or sniffed Blind to United a few weeks before it happened?!

Some media outlets were already reporting that van Der Saar was helping to broker a deal .... and some other sources long reported that LVG wanted him!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
mcfarlin:

That's your opinion

They are not comparing, they are telling Wenger to train Welbeck to be like Henry. Secondly, it's not because he is English, it's done to all the players. Januzaj compared to CR7, Neymar. Fabio and Rafael got all the accolades, Mecheida, Ba, Moses, Yakubu, Amokachie, and many more. Even Spannish press and Italian press do it too. Just that we follow English fooball.

"I think it's consistency for Danny, consistency in a number of areas," Neville said on Sky Sports. "One, just playing,  he said it himself, playing as a centre-forward regularly, he was in and out of United's team and he was in and out of playing centre-forward, he was playing left and right wing.

"And then obviously the biggest thing, his centre-forward play for outside the box is sensational, his work-rate, his touch, it's just that consistency of finishing and I think that will come from confidence and belief. It's making sure that when he gets in that left channel he has a finish, when he gets one-on-one with the goalkeeper in a central area he has a finish.

"He's unplayable at times, he's a nightmare. He plays against John Terry and Gary Cahill on Sunday - they will not want to play against him. He's quick, he's strong, it's just the last bit has got to be delivered more consistently.

"It was top centre-forward play tonight and if he can get goals more consistently to his game you have got a real top-class centre-forward there.

"What Arsene Wenger did when Thierry Henry came to Arsenal, people forget at Monaco... I played against him as a 17-year-old, he was very raw, he played as a left winger... in fact his control was poor, he wasn't a goalscorer in those early years, however when he went to Arsenal it just completely took off for him.

"They were Thierry Henry goals and I'm not going to compare him to Thierry Henry because he's one of the best players in the world and one of the best players we ever had in the Premier League. But if Arsene Wenger can work with Danny Welbeck in the same way he did with Thierry Henry he will get an absolute bagful of goals."
https://sg.sports.yahoo.com/news/terry-cahill-wont-fancy-unplayable-welbeck-says-gary-061000511--spt.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
Lol is Mata injured? Why is Spain not calling him up? Or he isn't as good as United fans think.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
StarBoard:
Dating back to last season, bro since he joined United
Pre-season never meant squat to me
am sure if we go back last season we'll get similar stats for rooney.
Lets see Mata against everton. barring rooney's brain fart against West Ham he deserves to start over Mata.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:56pm On Oct 03, 2014
StarBoard:

1. Fact is Rooney asked for a transfer twice. After getting a hike and criticising the club. Ronaldo was never in the running for club captain so this comparison doesn't hold water.

2. You still validate the position that Rooney after all his antics. How can someone whose loyalty to the club with whom he has become England's highest earner be in the running to be the captain of England's biggest club?

3. Rooney was lost in the shuffle when it came to the lead striker's role in 2012/13. It was an indictment on him that Fergie had to buy a 29 year old Robin van Persie to ensure we won the title.

Yeah I was out to kind of try to reflect on certain things. The lunacy that ran rampant at the time of my departure doesn't fit into my system anymore.
Pardon my amnesia about the captaincy issue. I only brought it up because it appears van Gaal has actually gone soft. Rooney as a leader leaves a lot to be desired in my view. It's only symptomatic of the present United squad where we keep bumbling from one uncertainty into the other.

1. Was Rooney going for club captain in 2010 and 2013 summers? So defence ur of Ronaldo is flawed. Ronaldo did not give us an option, but Rooney did.

2. If Ronaldo should return now, would you be angry if he is made captain? I doubt.

3. Is the purchase of Neymar an indictment on Iniester? Before 2012/13, Rooney scored more goals than RVP on per minutes played the previous season. SAF only bought RVP because he wanted an experienced 9, not relying on Chicha and Welbeck who played on top the previous season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Lol.

Elamps so you want to tell me you didnt catch a whiff or sniffed Blind to United a few weeks before it happened?!

Some media outlets were already reporting that van Der Saar was helping to broker a deal .... and some other sources long reported that LVG wanted him!

But there was no bid reported.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) ... (14204) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: segzysexy(m), benedictilemona(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.