Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10901) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8674593 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10898) (10899) (10900) (10901) (10902) (10903) (10904) ... (14141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 23, 2021
patrickmuf:
Going forward, if Pogba and Bruno must play, then VDB must be part of that pivot. I'd prefer he partners McTom...
Is he better than Fred or McTominay in that position in the right question?

Sentiments or recency bias aside..

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 12:42pm On Sep 23, 2021
TheLequte:

LOOL. HooPLa you're wicked.

After shading Limitable you still managed to direct "stray bullet" towards airmark. grin grin grin

No be only me dey do shading. I saw what you did there.

It's more like Limited.

You give that dude too much credit by using Limitable.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 23, 2021
Lol the Martial chant has been edited...

Tony Martial, came from France..

English press said he had no chance..

Fifty million down the drain.

The end.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2021
"It must be reiterated though that Ole has to win trophies this season, has to, and being out of 1 Cup already, no matter how mickey mouse it is, does not look good"

angry angry angry

12 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 12:49pm On Sep 23, 2021
He knows he’s going if he doesn’t win anything this season. Even if the glazers don’t want to, majority of the fans will revolt. Scam oshi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2021
patrickmuf:
Balotelli might have won a couple of titles with Inter and City but he never really lived up to his huge potential...

Martial doesn't even try, he looks disinterested when he plays...I don't know why someone will be paid so much yet puts in little effort.

Let's leave that dude alone. His case is that of disappointment when I think of it.

I'm very disappointed in him. When they are ready they will send him back to France.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:09pm On Sep 23, 2021
We suppose don sell this Martial since for 3 buckets of Ice Cream but he scored 20 goals in the lockdown season and became untouchable for some people

Useless player!!

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 23, 2021
Martial and Arsenal will so fit each other, the mentality, the body language, the work rate, the disguising, the frustrations, the Ice coldness.... everything.

It'll be a match made in heaven.

11 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Izanghi(m): 2:31pm On Sep 23, 2021
A friendly reminder for those giving excuses for Ole.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2021
afrodoc2:

Amaka tried that diamond field last season but ran away from it at the first sign of trouble. grin
He didn't even try to find solutions to the issues, he just ran back to his 4 - 2 - 3 - 1...I am very sure if he was Nigerian and he was asked why, you did use pidgin to reply thus, 'if them sack me, na you go feed my family'?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:37pm On Sep 23, 2021
handelex:
Is he better than Fred or McTominay in that position in the right question?

Sentiments or recency bias aside..
I think he is better than both. I am not asking for both of McFred to be dropped but for one of them to make way for VDB, we need someone in that position who is comfortable on the ball. We can even set up in a 4 3 1 2 formation that allows us have more control in midfield while Bruno plays behind Ronaldo and Greenwood.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 3:47pm On Sep 23, 2021
patrickmuf:
I think he is better than both. I am not asking for both of McFred to be dropped but for one of them to make way for VDB, we need someone in that position who is comfortable on the ball. We can even set up in a 4 3 1 2 formation that allows us have more control in midfield while Bruno plays behind Ronaldo and Greenwood.

Honestly, when this OGS insists on McFred, I'll wonder if he never played with quality midfielders..

For someone who played with Keane and Scholes, his midfield choice baffles me undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 3:59pm On Sep 23, 2021
CrystalTiger:

Honestly, when this OGS insists on McFred, I'll wonder if he never played with quality midfielders..

For someone who played with Keane and Scholes, his midfield choice baffles me undecided

McFred is the best combination we have. Even though it falls short of the gold standard, it’s our best combo in that midfield.

Fred gets a lot of criticism but his defensive side is criminally underrated. It is what he does with the ball that people flog him with, no one remembers how he puts himself about and constitutes a nuisance to the opposition attacks.

Matic has a brain but his legs are gone. I am yet to see VDB perform in that role at a top level so the jury is a bit out on him. That said, I doubt he can be as hardworking as Fred in that role. If only one could put Carrick’s brain in Fred’s head.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:02pm On Sep 23, 2021
CrystalTiger:

Ole is safety first...One would be forgiven for thinking he was a defender like Rudiger in his playing days or didn't play with any quality midfielder as you said but no, he was a fantastic finisher in the box and played with good midfielders...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:07pm On Sep 23, 2021
Illimitable:

McFred is the best combination we have. Even though it falls short of the gold standard, it’s our best combo in that midfield.

Fred gets a lot of criticism but his defensive side is criminally underrated. It is what he does with the ball that people flog him with, no one remembers how he puts himself about and constitutes a nuisance to the opposition attacks.

Matic has a brain but his legs are gone. I am yet to see VDB perform in that role at a top level so the jury is a bit out on him. That said, I doubt he can be as hardworking as Fred in that role. If only one could put Carrick’s brain in Fred’s head.
Most often than not, we face teams that sit back thus we need midfielders who are adept at picking a pass, retaining possession either by their smart passing and movement or their dribbling abilities...One of McFred should do for majority of our games. When we come up against top opponents, I have no qualms with them starting but not when are expected to dominate a game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2021
Illimitable:

Now that the TW has closed, maybe you're right but is "activity forming" the best we can boast of?..We probably have the worst midfield combo in McFred when compared with other top four clubs honestly..

For VDB, I'm surprised Fred benches him honestly because I watched him during that season they had an amazing UCL run not forgetting that 4-4 they played with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 4:36pm On Sep 23, 2021
CrystalTiger:

Now that the TW has closed, maybe you're right but is "activity forming" the best we can boast of?..We probably have the worst midfield combo in McFred when compared with other top four clubs honestly..

For VDB, I'm surprised Fred benches him honestly because I watched him during that season they had an amazing UCL run not forgetting that 4-4 they played with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge..

But you were here when all and sundry were screaming for an elite DM in the summer but Ole thought otherwise. Every man and his dog knows McFred isn’t the gold standard but Ole seems to be ok with the combination.

patrickmuf:
Most often than not, we face teams that sit back thus we need midfielders who are adept at picking a pass, retaining possession either by their smart passing and movement or their dribbling abilities...One of McFred should do for majority of our games. When we come up against top opponents, I have no qualms with them starting but not when are expected to dominate a game.

Top opponents are only 8 games out of the 38 league games in a season. McFred should be a counter attacking strategy at best. The two have loads of energy to soak the pressure and launch a counter attack as soon as Fred wins the ball(which he does a lot more) than any other midfielder in the club.

Ole’s dishonesty is what irks. He was fine with the squad in the summer. He simply said the Glazers have blessed him with great players and he couldn’t ask for more from them.

After losing the game last night, Ole told MUTV “We're not great when we play against a low block and just sling crosses in because we're not that type of team. We didn't have those types of players.". In other words, he knew we are shit against low block teams but he refused to fix the problem in the transfer window by either getting a deep lying playmaker or sign a plan B player like Fellaini.

Ole is a fraud.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2021
Illimitable:

But you were here when all and sundry were screaming for an elite DM in the summer but Ole thought otherwise. Every man and his dog knows McFred isn’t the gold standard but Ole seems to be ok with the combination.

Top opponents are only 8 games out of the 38 league games in a season. McFred should be a counter attacking strategy at best. The two have loads of energy to soak the pressure and launch a counter attack as soon as Fred wins the ball(which he does a lot more) than any other midfielder in the club.

Ole’s dishonesty is what irks. He was fine with the squad in the summer. He simply said the Glazers have blessed him with great players and he couldn’t ask for more from them.

After losing the game last night, Ole told MUTV “We're not great when we play against a low block and just sling crosses in because we're not that type of team. We didn't have those types of players.". In other words, he knew we are shit against low block teams but he refused to fix the problem in the transfer window by either getting a deep lying playmaker or sign a plan B player like Fellaini.

Ole is a fraud.
He subtly drop some lines intentionally to prey on the emotions of unguarded fans...

From here on in, watch him use every presser to drive home his point that we are struggling because teams sit back. Next, his fans will turn on the Glazers asking that Ole should be supported to get certain type of players...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 5:03pm On Sep 23, 2021
patrickmuf:
He subtly drop some lines intentionally to prey on the emotions of unguarded fans...

From here on in, watch him use every presser to drive home his point that we are struggling because teams sit back. Next, his fans will turn on the Glazers asking that Ole should be supported to get certain type of players...

Ole is a con man.

He always seems to find solutions only after the damage has been done.

Before the season: I am happy with the squad. Football is easy when you have good players in the squad. The owners have done very well, I couldn’t ask for more from them. We have a team that can challenge on all fronts.

During the season: We struggle against low block teams. We don’t have target men we can sling crosses to when the opponents operate in a low block.

If he knew this all along, why didn’t he find a solution in the summer?? This is another wasted season. Ole looks like a man that wants to please everyone. He’s so happy at the job that he doesn’t want to upset the owners so he plays both sides - at the expense of the the club’s glory.

His day of reckoning is here soon though - I don’t see him surviving what Karma has in store for him in the coming weeks.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 5:07pm On Sep 23, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUnjU2M4ziM
Ah omo, see better midfielder na cry cry see those long passes mehn
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2021
Cobwebs don dey gather for their trophy cabinet,600 years still loading....where is that carbon monoxide abi nitrogen fella,heard he has been lamenting and shalaye-ing on this thread...

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2021
timay:

@Bolded

Look at those sweet crosses in the first half, with nobody to connect.

Ole better look for ways to use Dalot well. You can see how good his crosses were, and he does it without even looking like he's trying. It looked natural to him.

I swear..

Even a cross field pass..

He should play more..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 5:24pm On Sep 23, 2021
Oasis007:
Don VB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJmip9er4PI

I really think Greenwood should have done more wit the chance tho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 5:28pm On Sep 23, 2021
Mrviktor:

I swear..

Even a cross field pass..

He should play more..

Dalot needs to take his chance in the coming CL fixtures(AWB is suspended for 3 games).

If Dalot plays well leading to United getting emphatic wins, AWB would rot on the bench.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 5:55pm On Sep 23, 2021
Illimitable:

Dalot needs to take his chance in the coming CL fixtures(AWB is suspended for 3 games).

If Dalot plays well leading to United getting emphatic wins, AWB would rot on the bench.

I'm sure he will grab it. His performance against Westham was good, and he was more confident.

We have a low budget Trent in Dalot but Ole choose to stick with a donkey in all games.

14 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2021
hoopLA:

Unfortunately the fartings of the tongue in cheek remark sitting on that tribal mark infested and deformed face of yours have filled your lungs with so much poison that you possibly can't be thinking straight.

That's why you think you're trolling but you're just making a mockery of your educational background,your family heritage and the englush language in general,without even knowing it.

You are a rotund olodo.

grin grin grin grin

Not a good thing to be a dropout and homeless. God that created the agbalumo tree in which you found a succour, will take you to the next level.

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by schurley(m): 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2021
Otedola with the money
Okocha with balling oh
Ajino motor with sauce
Our darling Ole with the drip grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 10:52pm On Sep 23, 2021
schurley:
Otedola with the money
Okocha with balling oh
Ajino motor with sauce
Our darling Ole with the drip grin grin

Ole this, ole that....
Ole didn't sign a sign a CDM
Ole this, Ole that...
Ole is yet to win a trophy...
Ole this... Ole that...
Get off Ole's dick
What, y'all Olehaters get front page articles?
Y'all mention Ole's name?
(This thing on?) Ole, Ole
In Ole news (Check)
I understand what y'all tryin' to do
I brought the flutes this time, though (Check)
Unleash the PKs on 'em, Bruno

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:41pm On Sep 23, 2021
InvestorO:
Cobwebs don dey gather for their trophy cabinet,600 years still loading....where is that carbon monoxide abi nitrogen fella,heard he has been lamenting and shalaye-ing on this thread...

You are high on pawpaw leaf angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by schurley(m): 6:15am On Sep 24, 2021
olabode89:

Ole this, ole that....
Ole didn't sign a sign a CDM
Ole this, Ole that...
Ole is yet to win a trophy...
Ole this... Ole that...
Get off Ole's dick
What, y'all Olehaters get front page articles?
Y'all mention Ole's name?
(This thing on?) Ole, Ole
In Ole news (Check)
I understand what y'all tryin' to do
I brought the flutes this time, though (Check)
Unleash the PKs on 'em, Bruno

Peace be unto you my beloveth scumrade cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 7:45am On Sep 24, 2021
#OleOUT
#EndOLE
#OleMustGo
#EndOLECluelessness
#SackTheFraud
#KillTheBasterd
#KillTheBasterd
‼️

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10898) (10899) (10900) (10901) (10902) (10903) (10904) ... (14141) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.