Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,410 members, 7,853,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:02 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10998) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8847124 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10995) (10996) (10997) (10998) (10999) (11000) (11001) ... (14210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:45am On Oct 16, 2021
ChristoBam:

WTF are you even saying?

You're trying to trash Bruno cuz he hasn't won anything with United under this same Ole. I'm saying Ronaldo is here, let's see what he'll win under the same manager. It's simple.

Where did I trash him? Saying that someone is indispensable and has not won trophies for us means I am trashing the person?

What I said about Bruno is completely different from yours about Ronaldo. Your statement suggests that you want Ronaldo and Utd to fail because of your love for Bruno.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 3:47am On Oct 16, 2021
nitrogen:

I don’t think you watched united before Ole joined, maybe you are one of the guys that started watching united because a legend became our manager. Remember our position when OGS became the manager, remember the performances before OGS messed up and we ended 6th or so after a good run? Prior to Bruno joining, we had a team, a team that was second and had just won Europa a few months before then. So stop saying Bruno came in and changed everything when we are not in any way better than the Mou era.

…….and why should not I talk about trophies? as bad as Moyes was, his players still won a community shield ffs. LVG’s boys won FA cup, and the team that Bruno met won trophies under a finished Mourinho. We must talk about trophies, that’s the end product, I don’t care if Onigbinde is our manager, if I want to talk about any former player today or even a 26/27 year old that previously played for a top club in another league, and still playing for a top club, I refer to trophies won, not statistics.

So cut the crap!

To be honest, your replies are not so intelligent. Sometimes, it's just better to ignore than to try to reply.

When I said before Bruno came in, I'm sure every single person here knows I meant months before he came in. The immediate impact he had when he came in. Ole was looking like he'd get the sack prior to that.

You see it's funny you mention Moyes reign, Mourinho's reign and suddenly making it seem like what came after was Bruno's reign. Cuz he's the manager abi lmao? Guy just rest.

We can see how we're so different with Ronaldo in our team right now. We're cruising to the title. It doesn't even matter the who the manager is. We could be winning the treble this year with Ronaldo In the team. Compared to when we only had trophless Bruno. Lmao.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:51am On Oct 16, 2021
ChristoBam:

To be honest, your replies are not so intelligent. Sometimes, it's just better to ignore than to try to reply.

When I said before Bruno came in, I'm sure every single person here knows I meant months before he came in. The immediate impact he had when he came in. Ole was looking like he'd get the sack prior to that.

You see it's funny you mention Moyes reign, Mourinho's reign and suddenly making it seem like what came after was Bruno's reign. Cuz he's the manager abi lmao? Guy just rest.

We can see how we're so different with Ronaldo in our team right now. We're cruising to the title. It doesn't even matter the who the manager is. We could be winning the treble this year with Ronaldo In the team. Compared to when we only had trophless Bruno. Lmao.

You are the mor0n here. This thing is simple, Leyqute said Bruno is more important for United than Ronaldo this season, and you started saying stuffs about Bruno’s performance in prior years. So, with the games we’ve played this season, and the performances you’ve seen, Bruno trumps all the other players?

You are slow abeg! Get your tongue off Bruno’s ass please.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 3:52am On Oct 16, 2021
nitrogen:

You are the one not understanding yourself. Pogba can play 10, he did that under Mou with trophies. VDB can also play 10, not like your manager has tried him in that position at any point.

We have 3-4 players that can play the position, it’s the system of the manager that matters.

You see the problem? "Fred can be a CDM, Mctominay can be a CDM( did it in the Europa final and was probably our best player). Martial can be a striker, did it 2 years ago."

Na this thinking dey cause nonsense. It's mediocrity.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:56am On Oct 16, 2021
ChristoBam:

You see the problem? "Fred can be a CDM, Mctominay can be a CDM( did it in the Europa final and was probably our best player). Martial can be a striker, did it 2 years ago."

Na this thinking dey cause nonsense. It's mediocrity.

It’s not mediocrity, some players are versatile like that, and in a good system, some players are still very effective in secondary positions.

Managers have and will continue to make players function very well in secondary roles. Tell me why Rooney was a 10 and a winger at some point under Ferguson? What about the JS park, Fletcher etc. Check City’s team and see how Pep sometimes tinker with his tactics and set up.

Chief, this traditional and analogue mindset won’t help you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 3:57am On Oct 16, 2021
nitrogen:

You are the mor0n here. This thing is simple, Leyqute said Bruno is more important for United than Ronaldo this season, and you started saying stuffs about Bruno’s performance in prior years. So, with the games we’ve played this season, and the performances you’ve seen, Bruno trumps all the other players?

You are slow abeg! Get your tongue off Bruno’s ass please.

This your last statement ehhn just shows your level of intelligence. I won't say much about that.

Who's more important to the team? It's simple. Don't quote me saying nonsense.

This thing is simple. I don't even know why I keep arguing with you.

We know what each player has to offer right now. We know the options we have if any of them gets injured. Which one of them is more important? It's simple.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:00am On Oct 16, 2021
ChristoBam:

This your last statement ehhn just shows your level of intelligence. I won't say much about that.

Who's more important to the team? It's simple. Don't quote me saying nonsense.

This thing is simple. I don't even know why I keep arguing with you.

We know what each player has to offer right now. We know the options we have if any of them gets injured. Which one of them is more important? It's simple.

Lol, I don’t need to be intelligent to know that you are just a rimmer. So, because Bruno has been here for years, it means he is more important than Ronaldo that joined a few weeks ago?

O boy, see reasoning cheesy. I told you, you need to expand your horizon.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:03am On Oct 16, 2021
If Bruno gets injured today, others will step up and do well. Infact, maybe VDB might bring a different dimension to the game. Bruno is not indispensable, simple!

Stop thinking like Ole!

Mind you the fact that I am saying this about Bruno won’t stop me from celebrating when he does his job. I am supporting man utd!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 4:06am On Oct 16, 2021
nitrogen:

Lol, I don’t need to be intelligent to know that you are just a rimmer. So, because Bruno has been here for years, it means he is more important than Ronaldo that joined a few weeks ago?

O boy, see reasoning cheesy. I told you, you need to expand your horizon.

It's funny how I say one thing and you reply with something totally different. Quoting a post in which I talked about what they have to offer and replacements and stuffs and dropping this reply lmao. Na me get time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:10am On Oct 16, 2021
ChristoBam:

It's funny how I say one thing and you reply with something totally different. Quoting a post in which I talked about what they have to offer and replacements and stuffs and dropping this reply lmao. Na me get time.

If you had sense, you would have easily been able to make inference from the post I quoted and connect the dots with my answer. It shows your level of critical thinking. You want everything written down for you like a five year old? Wow

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:14am On Oct 16, 2021
I don’t know why I should continue to spell things out for this guy. I already told him that we have Pogba and VDB to easily replace Bruno. What else does he want from me ffs?

Quite interesting that Baba has transitioned from historical performance to what replacements are available for each player.

I killed the historical stuff by asking for trophies, he switched to replacements, still decimated him with Pogba and VDB, he displayed his level of reasoning by saying that it’s mediocrity to have players play secondary positions, in a bid to promote Bruno. Baba come dey run around like a bush god.

Come back and yarn opata na.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KinzyeWriter(m): 4:29am On Oct 16, 2021
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:29am On Oct 16, 2021
Oasis007:
Solskjær: "He [Rashford] does look fresh. He looks keen, he looks fit. He's bulked up a little bit, with some muscle."

I hope this is not euphemism for he has lost pace like Martial.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:37am On Oct 16, 2021
Leyqute that caused the wahala is busy romancing his babe while the two of you are here on NL attacking each other. grin

Let me drop my own dime. Greenwood is our best player. If you no like am go hug transformer. grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 5:28am On Oct 16, 2021
Pogba fans can't/won't forgive Bruno cheesy cheesy cheesy

We understand don't worry.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:11am On Oct 16, 2021
Oasis007:
Solskjær on Ronaldo's reaction at full-time against Everton: "No [he's not bothered by it], not at all. I know him from before and if you lose two points later like Cristiano felt like there and then, that's natural. I want my players to not be happy with a situation."
But he was smiling. He should be fuming too if that's what he wants from his players
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:41am On Oct 16, 2021
afrodoc2:

Leyqute that caused the wahala is busy romancing his babe while the two of you are here on NL attacking each other. grin

Let me drop my own dime. Greenwood is our best player. If you no like am go hug transformer. grin

LooL. Abeg o.

Afrodoc I am a peacemaker.

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 6:48am On Oct 16, 2021
ChristoBam:

That's the summary, had brain farts reading his response.
Damn!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 6:52am On Oct 16, 2021
So because Messi underperformed at the beginning of the 2019/2020 season, he wasnt Barca most important player then?, we should automatically delete his prior seasons. cheesy

Laughing gas behave!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 6:53am On Oct 16, 2021
Who is the most important player in United

Bruno

Who is the best United player

Cristiano ororo cool

Simple stuvs undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:17am On Oct 16, 2021
What Nitrogen is getting wrong is that he thought I was comparing CR7 and Bruno this season.

This is exactly what I said:

Leyqute:
Make I cause wahala small.

In this Man Utd squad, Bruno >>>>>> CR7.

Believe it or believe it.

In this squad… this current squad.

I wasn’t comparing the performance of the duo this season, although it comes into play.

I was merely saying, guys Bruno is still very important to us although Ronaldo is the one who is currently grabbing the headlines.

Bruno has shown in the 1.x years he’s been here that he can be incredible for us.

He has created the most chances.
He has given the most assists.
He has scored the most goals!

His coach, teammates and fans looked up to him to deliver the goods. And although he has his own flaws, he hasn’t disappointed much.

That was the mentality we brought into the new season. We expected Bruno to keep delivering like has been doing in the recent past.

And during the first game, he showed that he was still capable with that hattrick vs Leeds.

Then superstar Ronaldo with his success and experience came in and was an instant impact.

Goals. Goals. Goals.

But what most people don’t realize or notice is that Bruno is still contributing to the team like he used to.

He’s still as hardworking as he was.
He’s still creating lots of chances.
He’s still assisting.

He just doesn’t score as much goals as he used to.

I don’t want to talk about Ronaldo’s shortcomings because he’s a GOAT but we’ll all see it before long.

Don’t misunderstand me, he’s still a phenomenal player and he’ll be fantastic for us. But he’s not as important to this current squad like Bruno is.

If Bruno and CR7 get injured we all know whose absence will be felt the most. Or where we’ll see the biggest drop in quality wirh replacements.

We all know who is more importanter to the squad than the other.

And it is clear that Bruno >>>> Ronaldo here.

Maybe this will change as the season progresses but I doubt it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 7:52am On Oct 16, 2021
The only way to compare Bruno and CR7 in Manchester United, is to use this season. They did not play together last season

And in this season, we know who has been more impactful (for now).

Nitrogen is damn right

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:14am On Oct 16, 2021
nitrogen:

Lol, the fact is there na. Bruno has not won a major trophy, simple. Same way we said that Messi failed as an Argentine player until he won WAFU cup.

It is what it is, stop the emotional stuff!
Be kiaful...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:17am On Oct 16, 2021
izzou:
The only way to compare Bruno and CR7 in Manchester United, is to use this season. They did not play together last season

And in this season, we know who has been more impactful (for now).

Nitrogen is damn right

A fit Cavani can replace an injured CR7.
Mata, Lingard and VDB combined can't replace Bruno.

There is a reason why he starts all games.....League, Cups, UCL etc

At Man City, Ederson is more important (integral to Pep set up) than De Bruyne. Doesnt mean Ederson is better than De bruyne.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:19am On Oct 16, 2021
Leyqute:

LooL. Abeg o.

Afrodoc I am a peacemaker.

grin grin grin
You no try...

The fact that you are not involved in the argument dey vex me...You drop just 3 lines but e don make guys dey drop thesis here since yesterday...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 8:28am On Oct 16, 2021
Expert17:

A fit Cavani can replace an injured CR7.
Mata, Lingard and VDB combined can't replace Bruno.

There is a reason why he starts all games.....League, Cups, UCL etc

At Man City, Ederson is more important (integral to Pep set up) than De Bruyne. Doesnt mean Ederson is better than De bruyne.

I still insist that the only way to compare both of them in a United jersey is to use this season.

And I don't even know what to make of the Ederson and Bruyne's comparison. Does it even relate to this?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:31am On Oct 16, 2021
patrickmuf:
You no try...

The fact that you are not involved in the argument dey vex me...You drop just 3 lines but e don make guys dey drop thesis here since yesterday...

Boss no vex abeg.

I was merely pointing out to Afrodoc that I’m a pacifist.

I’ve been busy and you can see that I’ve dropped my own thesis too.

Like oasis007 said, let’s be calming down.

Ligue 1 defenders are the best in the world.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:43am On Oct 16, 2021
izzou:

I still insist that the only way to compare both of them in a United jersey is to use this season.

And I don't even know what to make of the Ederson and Bruyne's comparison. Does it even relate to this?

The data available this season is too small to make a healthy judgement.

In total, Bruno has had more goal contributions than CR7 for United this season.

Since CR7 arrived, Bruno’s goal contribution is like 4 or 5. Ronaldo has a similar output.

But we can still make some inferences nevertheless, especially when it comes to other metrics that helps the team.

If we don’t have a Bruno- Ronaldo combo, we will still get loads of goals with a Bruno - Cavani combination, a Bruno-Rashford or a Bruno-Greenwood combo. Martial go and sit down. angry

But we will get less goals with a Ronaldo- VDB, Pogba, Lingard or whoever combo than with a Ronaldo- Bruno combo.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:49am On Oct 16, 2021
grin

Leyqute said he want cause small wahala, I carry petrol add am join...... see fire Everywhere.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:50am On Oct 16, 2021
Leyqute:

Boss no vex abeg.

I was merely pointing out to Afrodoc that I’m a pacifist.

I’ve been busy and you can see that I’ve dropped my own thesis too.

Like oasis007 said, let’s be calming down.

Ligue 1 defenders are the best in the world.

Messianic cultists will love this. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:50am On Oct 16, 2021
izzou:

Okay, bring out the attacking Stats let's compare.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:53am On Oct 16, 2021
Leyqute:

The data available this season is too small to make a healthy judgement.

In total, Bruno has had more goal contributions than CR7 for United this season.

Since CR7 arrived, Bruno’s goal contribution is like 4 or 5. Ronaldo has a similar output.

But we can still make some inferences nevertheless, especially when it comes to other metrics that helps the team.

If we don’t have a Bruno- Ronaldo combo, we will still get loads of goals with a Bruno - Cavani combination, a Bruno-Rashford or a Bruno-Greenwood combo. Martial go and sit down. angry

But we will get less goals with a Ronaldo- VDB, Pogba, Lingard or whoever combo than with a Ronaldo- Bruno combo

Simple!!

This shows who is more important to the team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10995) (10996) (10997) (10998) (10999) (11000) (11001) ... (14210) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.