Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8734927 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11107) (11108) (11109) (11110) (11111) (11112) (11113) ... (14149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2021
afrodoc2:

What did Zidane do to Tuchel when Madrid met PSG?
My mistake.. A draw and a loss during the group stage
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 12:32pm On Oct 26, 2021
slimghost:
Fergie is one sentimental human. That’s how we got Nwoye as manager and now he has impressed on other board members to give this bastard another chance.
For what its worth, I will be supporting Spurs on Saturday.
Yes i will!!!!
Na today you know say Fergie na sentimental man.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by WarAgainstBegga: 12:33pm On Oct 26, 2021
Havertz10:
don't stress it, someone like him will say that di Mateo is a better manager than conte, some people have issues factoring variables when they are contextualizing an issue

Zidane is not an elite manager and I will die on that hill
For once I agree with you....not because of sentiment, but because you wrote 100% unfiltered truth

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 12:33pm On Oct 26, 2021
liveLongNprospa:

What has Tuchel done as a coach that Zidane hasn't done.
Tuchel isn't remotely as tactical as Zidane.
You want to argue then go re-watch Zidane's last 2 seasons at real Madrid.
What makes it worse is that he did this without Hazard that you are ready to die for.
If managing a team of stars to win was that easy then Tuchel should have found a way to make the stars at PSG respect him.

Until then my guy, Tuchel cannot talk where Zidane is talking as a manager.
Is Klopp better than Zidane? Players love and cooperation with Zidane made him win those trophies. Wait make him leave him comfort zone(real Madrid) you go see with your eyes. Most of you don’t know football, you just analyze with sentiments and emotion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by WarAgainstBegga: 12:35pm On Oct 26, 2021
hensben:
Is Klopp better than Zidane?
This is an insult on Klopp.

Comrade stop this

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:36pm On Oct 26, 2021
liveLongNprospa:

My mistake.. A draw and a loss during the group stage

Tuchel flogged Zidane’s head like gorodom when they met in the UCL.

Different managers succeed better in different environments. Both Zidane and Tuchel are good managers with the potential to succeed in the right environment.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 12:39pm On Oct 26, 2021
WarAgainstBegga:

This is an insult on Klopp.

Comrade stop this
I have my reason for asking
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 12:40pm On Oct 26, 2021
afrodoc2:

Tuchel flogged Zidane’s head like gorodom when they met in the UCL.

Different managers succeed better in different environments. Both Zidane and Tuchel are good managers with the potential to succeed in the right environment.

How else can a manager be successful again.. 3 UCL and 2 LA Liga titles.
In less than 5yrs. Ahn ahn
There's a reason he's not in a rush to coach this club.. The man is a very successful manager. Tuchel attained a level of success below him with the UCL win last season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 12:44pm On Oct 26, 2021
hensben:
Is Klopp better than Zidane? Players love and cooperation with Zidane made him win those trophies. Wait make him leave him comfort zone(real Madrid) you go see with your eyes. Most of you don’t know football, you just analyze with sentiments and emotion.
Bros like I said go watch Zidane last 2 seasons for Madrid then we can talk.

And I will pick Zidane over Klopp to coach my team.
I saw him play against Klopp 3 times in high stake matches and came out on top. So I don't know what else you are asking me.

That you'd even say Zidane is not tactically as good as Tuchel??.

Same Zidane that had Vazquez and nacho looking like world class players last season..

Somebody used nacho to get to UCL semi and lost out on the last day of the LA Liga season.

Hensben abeg watch football outside EPL okay?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 12:46pm On Oct 26, 2021
Oasis007:
Solskjaer survives by default due to lack of credible stop-gap, but Pochettino has influential support within United hierarchy and international break likely to be decisive.

- Mark Odgen
Pochettino ke??

These guys aren't serious

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:49pm On Oct 26, 2021
liveLongNprospa:

How else can a manager be successful again.. 3 UCL and 2 LA Liga titles.
In less than 5yrs. Ahn ahn
There's a reason he's not in a rush to coach this club.. The man is a very successful manager. Tuchel attained a level of success below him with the UCL win last season

?

I never said he is not successful.
However you don’t just count only titles to decide who the better manager is without factoring the specific circumstances.

Over the course of his career Tuchel has shown more tactical flexibility than Zidane. I am a huge, huge Zidane fan both as a manger and a player, but the truth is the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:50pm On Oct 26, 2021
patrickmuf:
Happy birthday to me...

Ole and Manchester United will not be the death of me, make I enjoy my life small...

Happy birthday bruh.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 12:55pm On Oct 26, 2021
donstan18:

With how many goals and assists?

We are going by your rules now

With same number of goals and assists as other CMs like Kante and Henderson
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 12:59pm On Oct 26, 2021
afrodoc2:

?

I never said he is not successful.
However you don’t just count only titles to decide who the better manager is without factoring the specific circumstances.

Over the course of his career Tuchel has shown more tactical flexibility than Zidane. I am a huge, huge Zidane fan both as a manger and a player, but the truth is the truth.
Doc I would have agreed with you if I didn't see the madness that Zidane did in his second stint.
Did you watch us play last season? Or when he won the league?
Like did you follow the team very well?

His second stint basically destroyed the point you are trying to make.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 1:00pm On Oct 26, 2021
liveLongNprospa:

Bros like I said go watch Zidane last 2 seasons for Madrid then we can talk.

And I will pick Zidane over Klopp to coach my team.
I saw him play against Klopp 3 times in high stake matches and came out on top. So I don't know what else you are asking me.

That you'd even say Zidane is not tactically as good as Tuchel??.

Same Zidane that had Vazquez and nacho looking like world class players last season..

Somebody used nacho to get to UCL semi and lost out on the last day of the LA Liga season.

Hensben abeg watch football outside EPL okay?

You're a Madrid fan... There's no comparison between Klopp and Zidane....
Klopp is an overachiever....He rates his greatest achievement as bringing Mainz to the Bundlesliga...
This Klopp brought Liverpool the title after a 30 year wait in a league that had Pep and Pep's spending power...

Mentioning Zizou in the same conversation as Klopp is disrespectful...
Not taking anything away from Zizou...But some people are just better at some things no matter how hard you try....
Fred won't ever have Ronaldinho's ball control skills if he practices for 20 years ... That's the situation concerning Zidane and Klopp/Pep

Unpopular opinion...I'd pick Bielsa over Zizou..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:02pm On Oct 26, 2021
AnfieldFan:

You're a Madrid fan... There's no comparison between Klopp and Zidane....
Klopp is an overachiever....He rates his greatest achievement as bringing Mainz to the Bundlesliga...
This Klopp brought Liverpool the title after a 30 year wait in a league that had Pep and Pep's spending power...

Mentioning Zizou in the same conversation as Klopp is disrespectful...
Not taking anything away from Zizou...But some people are just better at some things no matter how hard you try....
Fred won't ever have Ronaldinho's ball control skills if he practices for 20 years ... That's the situation between concerning Zidane and Klopp/Pep

Unpopular opinion...I'd pick Bielsa over Zizou..

Of course a Liverpool fan would pick Klopp. And that's fine
It's a thing of preference. Thank you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 1:08pm On Oct 26, 2021
liveLongNprospa:

Of course a Liverpool fan would pick Klopp. And that's fine
It's a thing of preference. Thank you

I think Bielsa's better, do I also think this because I'm a Leed's fan?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 1:08pm On Oct 26, 2021
slimghost:
Fergie is one sentimental human. That’s how we got Nwoye as manager and now he has impressed on other board members to give this bastard another chance.
For what its worth, I will be supporting Spurs on Saturday.
Yes i will!!!!

Fergie is just postponing Ole’s evil days.

Ole has lost the dressing room and he still has to play Spurs, City, Chelsea and Arsenal in the coming weeks. The most he can get from those 4 fixtures is 3 points.

Ole should be gone by the next international break. The delay is because there’s no credible interim manager in the back room staff that can take over and they don’t want to leave the position in a vacuum.

Ole is a dead man walking.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:10pm On Oct 26, 2021
AnfieldFan:

I think Bielsa's better, do I also think this because I'm a Leed's fan?
Like I said.. A thing of preference. And that's fine
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 1:11pm On Oct 26, 2021
liveLongNprospa:

Doc I would have agreed with you if I didn't see the madness that Zidane did in his second stint.

I am a La Liga follower, and I saw what Zidane did in his 2nd adventure at Madrid. The team was in disarray with the exit of Ororo and the shameful adventure of the current Sevilla coach.
Zidane came and stabilised the team.

He won La Liga with Mariano and Valquez, and dragged the unbalanced team to UCL Semis out smarting Klopp's Liverpool in the process.

Zidane na baba

I don't want Zidane to manage Man utd abeg. E get why.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 1:13pm On Oct 26, 2021
Why are they considering pochettino for Godsake? embarassed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 1:21pm On Oct 26, 2021
Illimitable:

Ole has lost the dressing room and he still has to play Spurs, City, Chelsea and Arsenal in the coming weeks. The most he can get from those 4 fixtures is 3 points.

Ole should be gone by the next international break. The delay is because there’s no credible interim manager in the back room staff that can take over and they don’t want to leave the position in a vacuum.

It’s now just a matter of time!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 1:25pm On Oct 26, 2021
slimghost:

It’s now just a matter of time!

Alex Ferguson wants to give him one last chance.

Fabrizio Romano made a pre-recorded video last night that Ole got sacked. That was how dangerously close Ole was to losing his job.

The next few days won’t change anything too. The football has been dire for weeks and Pep would just add salt to injury.

This is the form table by the way(United are in a relegation form).

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:27pm On Oct 26, 2021
SAF needs to take several steps back. He's no longer in charge and frankly he's yesterday's news.

The club needs to stop trying to do things his way. This United Way + DNA is rubbish.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 26, 2021
Illimitable:

Is 3 points not enough?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 26, 2021
Lana1:
SAF needs to take several steps back. He's no longer in charge and frankly he's yesterday's news.

The club needs to stop trying to do things his way. This United Way + DNA is rubbish.
Ha! DNA in the mud

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:35pm On Oct 26, 2021
liveLongNprospa:

I watched Madrid and saw what he did. Seems you are not getting my point. I have not said he is not good at his job.

Just that I have watched Tuchel right from his Bundesliga days as well and I think purely in terms of tactics he is better than Zidane. Does not mean that Zidane is not good tactically, just that Tuchel is better.

In terms of managing egos and complex situations Zidane appears much better, partly because of his natural leadership ability and also because of who he was as a player.

Saying one person is better at something does not mean the other person is thrash.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2021
Afrodoc2 are you really sure that Ole nearly gave Fergie heart attack on Sunday......cos Fergie's reported antics and support for that nigga doesn't speak on that wise undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:38pm On Oct 26, 2021
Debroslink:

I am a La Liga follower, and I saw what Zidane did in his 2nd adventure at Madrid. The team was in disarray with the exit of Ororo and the shameful adventure of the current Sevilla coach.
Zidane came and stabilised the team.

He won La Liga with Mariano and Valquez, and dragged the unbalanced team to UCL Semis out smarting Klopp's Liverpool in the process.

Zidane na baba

I don't want Zidane to manage Man utd abeg. E get why.

Thank you.
The only way to know is to follow LA Liga properly.
I didn't expect Zidane to be that good a tactician.
It's like he came back to destroy the myth of him not being a good tactician.
So in the world of football, personally I'd only take pep over him. That's how good Zidane is. Tuchel ko?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2021
handelex:
Afrodoc2 are you really sure that Ole nearly gave Fergie heart attack on Sunday......cos Fergie's reported antics and support for that nigga doesn't speak on that wise undecided

I really don’t know what SAF sees that makes him think extra time would lead to any progress.

However maybe it’s just a case of if your son nearly gives you heart attack does not mean you will disown him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by qreem231(m): 1:46pm On Oct 26, 2021
patrickmuf:
Happy birthday to me...

Ole and Manchester United will not be the death of me, make I enjoy my life small...
Happy birthday bruv, cheers to more good life.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:48pm On Oct 26, 2021
afrodoc2:

I watched Madrid and saw what he did. Seems you are not getting my point. I have not said he is not good at his job.

Just that I have watched Tuchel right from his Bundesliga days as well and I think purely in terms of tactics he is better than Zidane. Does not mean that Zidane is not good tactically, just that Tuchel is better.

In terms of managing egos and complex situations Zidane appears much better, partly because of his natural leadership ability and also because of who he was as a player.

Saying one person is better at something does not mean the other person is thrash.
Again Doc if last 2yrs didn't happen then I would agree.. But my guy from watching both of them so far, I'm picking Zidane. Tuchel is a great tactician but you see in football ehn, I don't think there's a manager right now who could use all the formations Zidane used last season and still end up where he did. Outside of Pep.
And I'm not talking just use them.
Zidane had us playing possession football like barca, had us playing counter attacking football like Madrid of 2012 had has defending using park the bus.
We legit had the second if not the best defense in Europe the 2nd time he won LA Liga.
Last season we used at least 10 different formations because of injuries. 60+ injuries to personnel and he got us to the semis and lost LA Liga on the last day.

I dare say the only reason Chelsea eliminated us was because the squad was extremely spent by the time we got to the semis.

Like I said Doc this will have to go down as preference. Thanks

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11107) (11108) (11109) (11110) (11111) (11112) (11113) ... (14149) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.