Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,896 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8671882 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11277) (11278) (11279) (11280) (11281) (11282) (11283) ... (14140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by FirstbornWds: 10:54am On Nov 25, 2021
AnfieldFan:

So what has Pep done that different managers haven't done?
He buys on trial and error...It's not about trusting him...City have money to spend and who better than the manager who likes to spend to win the exact same thing previous managers won...Abi is winning the Carabao cup now achievement

Won every domestic cup in less than 5 years of becoming a manager. He swept it all at once.

Managed to take Man City to the SF and Final, respectively which no other City coach has ever done.

Winning a trophy every single season in England aside from his first which is understandable.

Made City a force in European competition aside from the one-offs that they were before he took over.

Pep Guardiola just won his third Premier League title with Manchester City in 5 years. Meaning that he has won a trophy every 24 games during his managerial career. The Spaniard has won 10 trophies with City, 14 with Barcelona, and seven with Bayern Munich.

Give me a coach with better stats... I'll wait..

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 11:15am On Nov 25, 2021
hoopLA:

Lol.
After only three months?
The pepper in the Paree stew must still be an issue and the traffic jam on the way to picking his children up from school must still be worse than Island rush hour

Whose goat is this one?

Please Messimaniacs, come and carry your ewu gambia.

Mehn.... this is cracking cheesy cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 11:15am On Nov 25, 2021
FirstbornWds:

Made City a force in European competition aside from the one-offs that they were before he took over.

First off, Pellegrino won the league cup twice along with the premier league title in just there years....He didn't spend a billion...He also got City to the Champions league SF..
City won the Fa Cup in 2011 too..

I asked a simple question...What exactly has Pep done for City his predecessors didn't do ..
He's spent a billion and has only managed a final and failed to win ....
He's not brought added success to any club post Barcelona... Contrast with Managers like Conte,Klopp, Tuchel....

Just incase you forgot,Pep has outspent every coach that has won the Champions league since the last time he won it, but what does he get, constant drubbings by Monaco,Lyon, Tottenham and their likes

If he fails to win with City,I wonder which other top club he will run to because he's had all of them... Maybe Psg grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 11:28am On Nov 25, 2021
AnfieldFan:

First off, Pellegrino won the league cup twice along with the premier league title in just there years....He didn't spend a billion...He also got City to the Champions league SF..

I asked a simple question...What exactly has Pep done for City his predecessors didn't do ..
He's not brought added success to any club post Barcelona... Contrast with Managers like Conte,Klopp, Tuchel....

Just incase you forgot,Pep has outspent every coach that has won the Champions league since the last time he won it, but what does he get, constant drubbings by Monaco,Lyon, Tottenham and their likes

If he fails to win with City,I wonder which other top club he will run to because he's had all of them... Maybe Psg grin grin

That was why he wanted Mr Champions League to come to his rescue

Any coach that goes to City or PSG now na onto UCL levels.

Na wetin remain for those clubs be that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by FirstbornWds: 11:30am On Nov 25, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Pellegrini brought a world-class team to city. The transfer market wasn't even as hyped as it is now but it was one that got brows raised. The like of KDB - 76m, Sterlin - 63.7m, Fernadinho - 40m, Jovetic - 26m, Negredo, - 25m, Delph-11m, Reges-15m, Bony-32m, Mangala and Otamendi, costing 44 and 45m, respectively. Now, if it were Pep's time, these players would cost twice as much, + they were within 3 years that he took over. This your agenda is completely flawed.

If you like, twist it anyhow you want, it still doesn't change he's the most decorated active coach, alongside Mou, all within 15 years since he started his career. So, what are we saying?

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 11:37am On Nov 25, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Poch should know if he doesn't win the league, he would be deemed a failure no matter the circumstances...If you can't get Mbappe,Neymar and Messi to press, what assurances do you have he will be able to get Man United players to play his way....Even Greenwood that has literally nothing to his name no fit press...He will purposely go for a player he has no chance of closing down, when the player makes the pass because of acres of space, he starts walking like he did something (Greenwood)...

United get plenty wahala shaa grin cheesy

WTF is Greenwood or Rashford or any of those guys? Dem plenty gaan. If you don’t press, then you sit down. He can’t try this with Messi, Mbappe or Neymar.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 11:40am On Nov 25, 2021
FirstbornWds:

Pellegrini brought a world-class team to city. The traanfer market wasn't even as hyped as it is now but it was one that got brows raised. The like of KDB - 76m, Sterlin - 63.7m, Fernadinho - 40m, Jovetic - 26m, Negredo, - 25m, Delph-11m, Reges-15m, Bony-32m, Mangala and Otamendi, costing 44 and 45m, respectively. Now, if it were Pep's time, these players would cost twice as much, + they were within 3 years that he took over. This your agenda is completely flawed.

If you like, twist it anyhow you want, it still doesn't change he's the most decorated active coach, alongside Mou, all within 15 years since he started his career. So, what are we saying?

I'm not twisting anything...City wanted to be a force... They bought players.... Pellegrino delivered...

Cut to Pep..

City were already a force, he still added a billion +...
What has he done except getting knocked out by Monaco and their likes in Europe...
Last season he managed to get to a final, something that he hasn't tasted in years..He managed to bottle it despite trying all the tactics on this earth...
Pep should have 6 Champions league trophies to his name considering Clubs he has managed and Money spent....
If he ends his managerial Career with less than 5... He will be considered a failure by me and like-minded individuals....

And it's not by listing Pellegrino's transfers and their price tags.. If we start Pep own for here, na you go run grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 11:42am On Nov 25, 2021
ChristoBam:

WTF is Greenwood or Rashford or any of those guys? Dem plenty gaan. If you don’t press, then you sit down. He can’t try this with Messi, Mbappe or Neymar.

Somehow, being home players shield them from Scrutiny...I just feel the media will make Poch the scape goat no matter what he does with these boys ..
Mourinho,Moyes, Ole... Theirs a pattern...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 11:43am On Nov 25, 2021
LostMyZeal:

That was why he wanted Mr Champions League to come to his rescue

Any coach that goes to City or PSG now na onto UCL levels.

Na wetin remain for those clubs be that

No be my mouth Dem go hear say Person na Fraud.. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 2:16pm On Nov 25, 2021
If we are getting Velverde as interim, then Ten Haag is a must in the summer. Let this club not miss Ten Haag oo, he is the next serial winner to follow
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2021
AnfieldFan:

I'm not twisting anything...City wanted to be a force... They bought players.... Pellegrino delivered...

Cut to Pep..

What has he done except getting knocked out by Monaco and their likes in Europe...
Last season he managed to get to a final, something that he hasn't tasted in years..He managed to bottle it despite trying all the tactics on this earth...
Pep should have 6 Champions league trophies to his name considering Clubs he has managed and Money spent....
If he ends his managerial Career with less than 5... He will be considered a failure by me and like-minded individuals....

And it's not by listing Pellegrino's transfers and their price tags.. If we start Pep own for here, na you go run grin grin

cool cool

Me, I don't see the hype around Guardiola, to be frank.

He's a good coach, no doubt but what has he done that has not been bettered, bested or replicated? undecided

After leaving Barcelona, a certain Luiz Enrique won the treble with Barcelona without Messi scoring in the final. After leaving Bayern after so many humiliation from Ronaldo and Real, some else won a treble with that team, Hansi Flick was so good that at a time, he had more trophies than losses.

A certain inexperienced Zidane took Ronaldo and Real Madrid to 3 consecutive Champions league glory, while Guardiola was alive and in active service.

If not for the unlimited funds he's exposed to, by now he must have become a laughing stock or maybe Fraudiola.

Give Pelligrini £1 billion pound with the squad he had, by now, he'd have at least 2 Champions league in stock.

How do I tell my grand children Guardiola and his money team were beaten by Monaco, Tottenham, Liverpool (home and away) and Chelsea in the Champions League? undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:43pm On Nov 25, 2021
nitrogen:

Lol, money keeps the wheel spinning. We need prudence. You want us to pay millions to sack Carrick and co, another 10m to replace them, then pay 10 million to sign Poch (plus another 7-8 million per year contract)? Spending up to 45m on just the coaching crew in less than one year? Are you a prodigal son? tongue

Doesn't make sense retaining a poor coaching team while sacking the head coaches. Na lack of foresight, keeping them will be retaining mediocres under 3 administration.

Which kain reverse-progress be that?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:52pm On Nov 25, 2021
Illimitable:

The best performers at City aren’t even Pep’s signings.

Aguero
Sterling
David Silva
De Bruyne
Kompany(before retirement)
Fernandinho

That’s almost half of the team that made them centurions. So if a manager has spent £1 billion after inheriting 5-6 world class talents who are certified starters in his team, how won’t he win trophies?

I need somebody to educate me how Pep is overachieving at Man City.

Pep strolled to the league last season with a starting 11 of

Ederson walker zinchenko Dias Stones Rodri Gundogan Bernardo Foden Mahrez Jesus. Which of them was inherited?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by FirstbornWds: 2:54pm On Nov 25, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Cut to Pep..

Your retributive answer is just not right.

Most of the players you claim made City great were past their prime when Pep came. The only one for that time still active is KDB, and for a team that wants progress, the coach's needs have to be met. Part of the contract pep signed was one that allows him to complete autonomy to do whatever he wants as long as the result is achieved.

Yes, he might not have won the UCL with city yet, but then let's not forget that sir Alex, despite spending 26 years as United manager only managed to win 2 UCL and retired at an old age of 70. This is the same feat Guardiola has achieved before he was even 40 and has managed less than 15 years. Zidane might have won the UCL consecutively but hey, that was just it. Pep won every damn trophy he participated in and not even Enrique managed that, despite winning a treble. So if you'd go on and about his unfortunate stint in the UCL with City ( despite that there are significant improvements every year) then, you should be quick to accept that Ferguson is the biggest fraud of elite coaches, ever.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:56pm On Nov 25, 2021
AnfieldFan:

So what has Pep done that different managers haven't done?
He buys on trial and error...It's not about trusting him...City have money to spend and who better than the manager who likes to spend to win the exact same thing previous managers won....Abi is winning Carabao cup now achievement

3 of the last 4 league titles
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:59pm On Nov 25, 2021
Karleb:

cool cool

He's a good coach, no doubt but what has he done that has not been bettered, bested or replicated? undecided

After leaving Barcelona, a certain Luiz Enrique won the treble with Barcelona without Messi scoring in the final. After leaving Bayern after so many humiliation from Ronaldo and Real, some else won a treble with that team, Hansi Flick was so good that at a time, he had more trophies than losses.

A certain inexperienced Zidane took Ronaldo and Real Madrid to 3 consecutive Champions league glory, while Guardiola was alive and in active service.

If not for the unlimited funds he's exposed to, by now he must have become a laughing stock or maybe Fraudiola.

Give Pelligrini £1 billion pound with the squad he had, by now, he'd have at least 2 Champions league in stock.

How do I tell my grand children Guardiola and his money team were beaten by Monaco, Tottenham, Liverpool (home and away) and Chelsea in the Champions League? undecided

How come club owners are not rushing to appoint Pellegrini rather its Pep they are giving their money?

Kaleb does not see it but club owners are trusting their clubs to Pep and giving him their money to build the team not Enrique not Pellegrini
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:00pm On Nov 25, 2021
cool

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:01pm On Nov 25, 2021
cool

King and his Heir.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by FirstbornWds: 3:05pm On Nov 25, 2021
raumdeuter:

How come club owners are not rushing to appoint Pellegrini rather its Pep they are giving their money?

Same Pellegrini that bought Ronaldo, Kaka, Bemzema, Alonso and Raul Abiot and couldn't win spoon before he was chased out is what he's using as a comparison with Pep.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 3:17pm On Nov 25, 2021
raumdeuter:

Kaleb does not see it but club owners are trusting their clubs to Pep and giving him their money to build the team not Enrique not Pellegrini

I don't understand what you mean, last time I checked;

An inexperienced Pirlo was handed Juventus to manage, he even got to manage Ronaldo.

Frank Lampard with little experience managed Chelsea.

Ole Gunnar who was obviously not qualified for the job got to mange Man United.

The richest club owners just employed a coach, I can't even remember his name right now.

Point is, Guardiola isn't the only one getting job offers so what makes him special? undecided

I don't know much about Pellegrini but the reason why Enrique isn't managing a top team now is because he's satisfied with the Spain job.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 3:18pm On Nov 25, 2021
Truly there's no good thing about an interim whichever way it goes.
He does bad and we lose the top 4.
He does great and gets the permanent job.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:23pm On Nov 25, 2021
Karleb:

I don't understand what you mean, last time I checked;

An inexperienced Pirlo was handed Juventus to manage, he even got to manage Ronaldo.

Frank Lampard with little experience managed Chelsea.

Ole Gunnar who was obviously not qualified for the job got to mange Man United.

The richest club owners just employed a coach, I can't even remember his name right now.

Point is, Guardiola isn't the only one getting job offers so what makes him special? undecided

I don't know much about Pellegrini but the reason why Enrique isn't managing a top team now is because he's satisfied with the Spain job.

Pirlo got sacked, Lampard got sacked Ole got sacked, which top club is Pellegrini that got sacked by West Ham coaching. Pep has never been sacked in over a decade of coaching
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 3:27pm On Nov 25, 2021
raumdeuter:

3 of the last 4 league titles

Are league titles no longer local trophies.... He's outspent every manager currently in the league....He should have won a champioms league but it seems he can't he help but keep bottling it...
Klopp and Tuchel have both won since coming to England and the both combined haven't spent up to what the cheque book manager have spent..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Are league titles no longer local trophies.... He's outspent every manager currently in the league....He should have won a champioms league but it seems he can't he help but keep bottling it...
Klopp and Tuchel have both won since coming to England and the both combined haven't spent up to what the cheque book manager have spent..

Pep operates in an environment where he has to win every season unlike Klopp.

Klopp has spent 6 seasons at Liverpool, he has been trophyless in 4 of them. Yet he is worshipped
A coach like Klopp can decide to tank in the league to focus on the CL
Coaches like Pep dont operate in that type of environment, they must win every season every title

Klopp will go to a club where he can be given time to experiment and win or sometimes fail, But Pep must always win every time

If they offer Klopp Bayern Madrid City jobs he will decline because he cannot operate in high pressure environment

Next thing you will see klopp leave Liverpool to manage Sevilla Atletico Napoli or AC Milan clubs that can give him 5yrs of not winning just giving bear hugs

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2021
raumdeuter:

Pirlo got sacked, Lampard got sacked Ole got sacked, which top club is Pellegrini that got sacked by West Ham coaching. Pep has never been sacked in over a decade of coaching

I don't get. The coaches I listed aren't as good as Pep. The point was, even there were inexperienced, they still got to mange clubs greater than Man City, so how has getting offers from great clubs made Guardiola better?

Klopp is still in active service.
Erinque, Zidane and Flick even left on their on accord even though their employers were vehemently against it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2021
Eric Cantona, the new manager cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:41pm On Nov 25, 2021
Karleb:

I don't get. The coaches I listed aren't as good as Pep. The point was, even there were inexperienced, they still got to mange clubs greater than Man City, so how has getting offers from great clubs made Guardiola better?

Klopp is still in active service.
Erinque, Zidane and Flick even left on their on accord even though their employers were vehemently against it.
You can stumble on a top position but you would be found out to be a fraud and later get fired like Pirlo Lampard and Ole

Top clubs are all scampering for Peps signature. Bayern was begging him with an extension which he refused, If Pep says he is available today all club coaches jobs become at risk. That is because people more knowledgeable than you know his value in football

Bayern sacked Ancelotti and went to Pep for his opinion on the next coach where he recommended Tuchel

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2021
FirstbornWds:

Your retributive answer is just not right.

Most of the players you claim made City great were past their prime when Pep came. The only one for that time still active is KDB, and for a team that wants progress, the coach's needs have to be met. Part of the contract pep signed was one that allows him to complete autonomy to do whatever he wants as long as the result is achieved.

Yes, he might not have won the UCL with city yet, but then let's not forget that sir Alex, despite spending 26 years as United manager only managed to win 2 UCL and retired at an old age of 70. This is the same feat Guardiola has achieved before he was even 40 and has managed less than 15 years. Zidane might have won the UCL consecutively but hey, that was just it. Pep won every damn trophy he participated in and not even Enrique managed that, despite winning a treble. So if you'd go on and about his unfortunate stint in the UCL with City ( despite that there are significant improvements every year) then, you should be quick to accept that Ferguson is the biggest fraud of elite coaches, ever.

I can detect a lie already...He's been participating in the Champions league since he came to City but he hasn't won despite spending more than the budget of some states in Nigeria...

And as for most of the players he met being past their prime, oh please...Those players won the league just a few seasons before his arrival ...Pep met Aguero, David Silver, Fernadinho, Kompany,Toure, Sterling,Stones,Otamendi...
Miss me with that being old mantra(It's untrue)...He met a lot more stars but what did he do, binned them on the way to spending a billion + on an already deadly squad...

And it's not just an unfortunate Champions league stint with City like you're insinuating...It's also his disgraceful Champions league campaigns with Bayern...Hint hint...Bayern has won a champions league trophy since the got rid of him...
He's still here trying to bin more players on the way to spending another billion while underachieving like he's always done....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 3:45pm On Nov 25, 2021
Karleb:

cool cool

Leave City...A fool and his/her money are soon parted...
City will learn eventually...For now, let's all enjoy the show of stupidity a little while longer... grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2021
AnfieldFan:

I can detect a lie already...He's been participating in the Champions league since he came to City but he hasn't won despite spending more than the budget of some states in Nigeria...

And as for most of the players he met being past their prime, oh please...Those players won the league just a few seasons before his arrival ...Pep met Aguero, David Silver, Fernadinho, Kompany,Toure, Sterling,Stones,Otamendi...
Miss me with that being old mantra(It's untrue)...He met a lot more stars but what did he do, binned them on the way to spending a billion + on an already deadly squad...

And it's not just an unfortunate Champions league stint with City like you're insinuating...It's also his disgraceful Champions league campaigns with Bayern...Hint hint...Bayern has won a champions league trophy since the got rid of him...
He's still here trying to bin more players on the way to spending another billion while underachieving like he's always done....

Pep won a sextuple in his first season as a first team coach, A sextuple means he won every trophy he competed in

The team Pep inherited was the 16th oldest in a 20 team league when they left City what became of the career of these stars like Sagna, Zabaleta, Clichy Fernando Joe Hart Toure, Kompany All these young virile players at their peak, I will expect top clubs to be jostling for their signature
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 3:50pm On Nov 25, 2021
raumdeuter:

Pep operates in an environment where he has to win every season unlike Klopp.

Klopp has spent 6 seasons at Liverpool, he has been trophyless in 4 of them. Yet he is worshipped
A coach like Klopp can decide to tank in the league to focus on the CL
Coaches like Pep dont operate in that type of environment, they must win every season every title

Klopp will go to a club where he can be given time to experiment and win or sometimes fail, But Pep must always win every time

If they offer Klopp Bayern Madrid City jobs he will decline because he cannot operate in high pressure environment

Next thing you will see klopp leave Liverpool to manage Sevilla Atletico Napoli or AC Milan clubs that can give him 5yrs of not winning just giving bear hugs

Apples and Oranges....If Klopp could spend a billion, trust me...He would deliver every trophy possible...But unfortunately he can't...
At least with Klopp, you know what you're getting, a proven manager that doesn't need to break the bank to deliver local trophies as opposed to the other that needs a billion but can't deliver a champions league without Messi...
Thank God Lewandoski finally has his Champions league trophy and a possible Balon d'or ....The bald one would have kept wasting him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android17: 3:51pm On Nov 25, 2021
All these boring Pep/anti-Pep yarns.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11277) (11278) (11279) (11280) (11281) (11282) (11283) ... (14140) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: KingTom(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.