Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,491 members, 7,850,728 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:07 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8838390 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11362) (11363) (11364) (11365) (11366) (11367) (11368) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:01pm On Dec 05, 2021
Rangnick: "The first thirty minutes I was really impressed; high speed, high intensity and high tempo."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:03pm On Dec 05, 2021
Illimitable:

Is Ancelotti finished?

The gist was that he was finished at Napoli and Everton. He’s currently on 76% win rate at Madrid, he’s top of the league with 2 losses in 21.

You anti-Mourinho infidels sometimes need to see the problem for a manager is just choosing the wrong club to manage.

Roma last won Serie A 20 years ago. They finished 7th last season but somehow Mourinho was supposed to make them champions overnight.

Meanwhile, Pep that inherited a TREBLE winning Bayern isn’t finished for failing to at least get a final in 3 seasons.

#Logic101
One thing everyone knows that its never Mourinhos fault, Its always the players, the FA, the weather, the club owner, the economy that is wrong never Mourinho

Has Mourinho been choosing the wrong clubs ever since? Mourinho is currently 6th with a 50% win rate in Italy. 25 points in 16 games

The same reason he was sacked at his last 4 jobs for being a football dinosaur with zero progressive ideas

Pep is currently top of the league table where he coaches, Ancelotti is top, Mourinho is 6th.

Bayern was begging Pep for an extension after 3yrs, when was the last time Mourinho got to 3 seasons without a sack letter waiting for him

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 6:05pm On Dec 05, 2021
macjireh:

same way we beat Watford dat made light work of manure cool
Didn't we beat West Ham? grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:05pm On Dec 05, 2021
Fred: "Mason [Greenwood] gave me a good ball. In that moment I was just looking to shoot with my right foot and score a goal, and it happened! I'm very blessed and so happy to score one more goal at Old Trafford for our fans."

13 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 6:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
Shaw has hope but AWB is finished grin

13 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
raumdeuter:

One thing everyone knows that its never Mourinhos fault, Its always the players, the FA, the weather, the club owner, the economy that is wrong never Mourinho

Has Mourinho been choosing the wrong clubs ever since? Mourinho is currently 6th with a 50% win rate in Italy. 25 points in 16 games

The same reason he was sacked at his last 4 jobs for being a football dinosaur with zero progressive ideas

Pep is currently top of the league table where he coaches, Ancelotti is top, Mourinho is 6th.

Bayern was begging Pep for an extension after 3yrs, when was the last time Mourinho got to 3 seasons without a sack letter waiting for him

Pep is top of the league in a club where he’s been given £1 billion pound worth of assets on players.

Ancelotti is top of the league in Real Madrid - the most successful team in Europe.

Mourinho is 6th in a club that finished 7th before he arrived and a club that haven’t won the league in 20 years.

Why didn’t you ask Ancelotti to win the league with Everton last season when he finished 10th? Ancelotti at 10th isn’t finished by any means but Mourinho improving the position he found Roma is finished.

#Logic101

11 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 6:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
I think Bissaka will be for teams that we might not be able to dominate.

Dalot should continue for now

As for Shawn and Telles. Both can play offensive footie. I just don't know who's more defensive sha. But both can be rotated equally
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:18pm On Dec 05, 2021
Illimitable:
Clean sheet at Old Trafford after how many months.

Can we hire Ole and sack him again? cheesy grin
He should be arrested

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 6:19pm On Dec 05, 2021
Incoming Presido cool

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:20pm On Dec 05, 2021
eph12:
I'm looking at this stat and I'm finding it very difficult to accept the huge difference in touches between Fred and Tom. There must be a glitch in the software.
No be today we don know say McTom dey hide from pass. Nothing difficult to accept there
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
In the games we are expected to defend, AWB would be useful but everyone with brains criticized Ole back then with his stubbornness to start AWB in every game.

If you are playing 2 DMs, there’s no reason to have a highly defensive AWB in the defence, Dalot should have played way more games for Ole.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:23pm On Dec 05, 2021
Rangnick: "He's [Fred] a wonderful boy. This is one thing I can say even after two days I've heard a lot about him from Ole. Right now I can only say it's great to have a boy like him in the team."

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
Illimitable:

Pep is top of the league in a club where he’s been given £1 billion pound worth of assets on players.

Ancelotti is top of the league in Real Madrid - the most successful team in Europe.

Mourinho is 6th in a club that finished 7th before he arrived and a club that haven’t won the league in 20 years.

Why didn’t you ask Ancelotti to win the league with Everton last season when he finished 10th? Ancelotti at 10th isn’t finished by any means but Mourinho improving the position he found Roma is finished.

#Logic101

Since Pep joined City, your club Man Utd has outspent him yet your club is where? Winning which titles?
Mourinho is at Roma because he is finished and his stock is at the lowest. Roma has backed him with signings yet they are getting worse. EVen in UEFA conference league the competition for rejects he is still struggling with clubs whose names cant be pronounced

Mourinho loves the EPL so much but he has been fired by almost half the top clusb there. He found solace at Roma where he is still getting battered left and right. 50% win rate

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by emitope: 6:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
Omo. I hope this comes to fruition for utd.
LostMyZeal:
Incoming Presido cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:31pm On Dec 05, 2021
cheesy grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:34pm On Dec 05, 2021
raumdeuter:

Since Pep joined City, your club Man Utd has outspent him yet your club is where? Winning which titles?

This is a big lie. City have spent way more money than United since Pep joined and I have already established that Pep actually benefitted more from the players he inherited than the ones he bought.

Every manager hired by the Abu Dhabi group since they arrived in 2008 has won the PL title - including Pellegrini that is now considered finished after managing West Ham for a while. Any manager in City would do well, it’s almost impossible to fail as a manager at City.

raumdeuter:

Mourinho is at Roma because he is finished and his stock is at the lowest. Roma has backed him with signings yet they are getting worse. EVen in UEFA conference league the competition for rejects he is still struggling with clubs whose names cant be pronounced.

Mourinho is at Roma cos he wanted to. Real Madrid begged him twice to return to Madrid before they settled for Ancelotti. One has to be incredibly stupid to think Ancelotti that finished 10th at Everton has a higher stock than Mourinho that finished 7th with Spurs.

raumdeuter:

Mourinho loves the EPL so much but he has been fired by almost half the top clusb there. He found solace at Roma where he is still getting battered left and right. 50% win rate

I marvel every time people talk about sacking record as a stain. Ancelotti has been sacked 14 times. Who gives a fück about sack? Managers are replaceable employees. I’d rather a manager that isn’t afraid of trying than the ones that wait to get a posh job where it’s almost impossible to fail.

Mancini won PL with City
Pellegrini won PL with City

Why should it be different for Pep after he got handed £1 billion?

13 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:38pm On Dec 05, 2021
Rangnick: "I must admit I was surprised [by Manchester United performance]. I was a bit surprised, because not only did we play Thursday, a late kick-off, we had two days less to recover compared to Crystal Palace."

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
Rangnick: "We had not even a full training session yesterday because it was 45 minutes, it was pouring. It was not just Manchester weather, it was disgusting, it was heavy, raining, windy, so it was almost impossible to train in a concentrated and focused manner."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
Rangnick: "In those 45 minutes on the pitch [at Carrington] we explained how we want to play, which manner we want to play and the rest was video footage, a lot of personal conversations with players, individual, in groups, explaining to them how we want to play."

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:40pm On Dec 05, 2021
Rangnick: "I was positively surprised by the physical state & intensity, the first half-hour was amazing. I felt it was extremely high-tempo, high intensity, always on the front foot, the only thing missing in the first half-hour was not scoring one, two or three goals."

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:42pm On Dec 05, 2021
Rangnick: "For me it was clear you cannot play the whole game, 90 minutes, at this level of intensity. But even after that we had control of the game. Second-half, we started again well and, in the end, we deserved to win."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:42pm On Dec 05, 2021
Rangnick: "I'm more than happy with a clean sheet, a beautiful goal with his weak right foot by Fred! It was about gaining control and we had control most of the time in the game."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:43pm On Dec 05, 2021
Rangnick: "Maybe the last three or four minutes, they took all the risk they could, we had to defend corner kicks and free-kicks but did in a very brave way. Harry [Maguire] being injured, coming back again. It was a perfect first game for us to play."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:43pm On Dec 05, 2021
Lana1:
He should be arrested
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:43pm On Dec 05, 2021
raumdeuter:

You lie too much to be taken seriously.

Pep has spent £928m at Man City

Mourinho spent £419m
Solskjaer spent £314m.

Pep has spent around £200m more than the 2 Man Utd managers combined. And this was a manager that inherited 6 world class players at City.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
Oasis007:
Rangnick: "I must admit I was surprised [by Manchester United performance]. I was a bit surprised, because not only did we play Thursday, a late kick-off, we had two days less to recover compared to Crystal Palace."

I heard Rangnick said Fred and McTominay were perfect.

It’s looking like McFred would be with us for a long time.

Who is their herbalist?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
Illimitable:

This is a big lie. City have spent way more money than United since Pep joined and I have already established that Pep actually benefitted more from the players he inherited than the ones he bought.

Mourinho also inherited players at Man Utd and failed miserably with them earning him a sack.

Every manager hired by the Abu Dhabi group since they arrived in 2008 has won the PL title - including Pellegrini that is now considered finished after managing West Ham for a while. Any manager in City would do well, it’s almost impossible to fail as a manager at City.

When Mourinho was at the peak of his powers, he was going to top clubs like Chelsea, Madrid not the likes of Roma and Spurs. Signs of a finished coach

Mourinho is at Roma cos he wanted to. Real Madrid begged him twice to return to Madrid before they settled for Ancelotti. One has to be incredibly stupid to think Ancelotti that finished 10th at Everton has a higher stock than Mourinho that finished 7th with Spurs.

The lies you tell yourself, Mourinho is at Roma because only clubs at that level are calling him, top clubs do not want him anymore. Its like saying a student rejected UNILAG but went to Taraba Poly because he wanted to.

I marvel every time people talk about sacking record as a stain. Ancelotti has been sacked 14 times. Who gives a fück about sack? Managers are replaceable employees. I’d rather a manager that isn’t afraid of trying than the ones that wait to get a posh job where it’s almost impossible to fail.

Yet a coach like Pep has never been sacked, He is in a league battling the top coaches in th world week after week and winning titles, Something Mourinho has failed at and got sacked for.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 6:51pm On Dec 05, 2021
I am willing to give all the players a chance with Rangnick before making up my mind on which of them is not Manchester United quality...

Maguire didn't look as bad as he looked in Ole's time...

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:55pm On Dec 05, 2021
Illimitable:

You lie too much to be taken seriously.

Pep has spent £928m at Man City

Mourinho spent £419m
Solskjaer spent £314m.

Pep has spent around £200m more than the 2 Man Utd managers combined. And this was a manager that inherited 6 world class players at City.

You lie too much
2019/20 Man Utd spent 211M Pounds
2020/21 Man Utd spent 78M Pounds
2021/22 Man Utd spent 126M Pounds

Ole alone spent 412M Pounds
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:03pm On Dec 05, 2021
raumdeuter:

Mourinho also inherited players at Man Utd and failed miserably with them earning him a sack.

Which players did he inherit? How have the players fared since Mourinho left?

raumdeuter:

When Mourinho was at the peak of his powers, he was going to top clubs like Chelsea, Madrid not the likes of Roma and Spurs. Signs of a finished coach

Ancelotti coached Napoli, Everton and he’s now back in Madrid.

Your comment is devoid of logic.

raumdeuter:

The lies you tell yourself, Mourinho is at Roma because only clubs at that level are calling him, top clubs do not want him anymore. Its like saying a student rejected UNILAG but went to Taraba Poly because he wanted to.

There are many reasons a student would reject UNILAG for Taraba Poly. It was well documented that Madrid approached Mourinho twice but he said he had already signed a contract with Roma and he’s a man of his word.

raumdeuter:

Yet a coach like Pep has never been sacked, He is in a league battling the top coaches in th world week after week and winning titles, Something Mourinho has failed at and got sacked for.

He wasn’t sacked at City because Pep himself said City were a small club. Pep finished trophyless in his debut season at City and he confessed any of the big European clubs would have sacked him with his pathetic run of results.

That a child wasn’t punished for failing an exam doesn’t remove the fact that he failed. You don’t get any extra credits for not getting sacked. Ancelotti has more CL titles than Pep, he’s been sacked 14 times.

SAF is a far more successful manager than Pep, he has a sack history in his resume as well. I don’t really rate people who base a manager’s brilliance on his sack history. You can only look at what he’s achieved.

There’s nothing Pep has achieved that his successors haven’t bettered. He won a treble at Barca, Luis Enrique replicated the achievement.

Pep couldn’t get Bayern a CL final in 3 full seasons, Hansi Flick(PE teacher/caretaker) did it with style and grace by winning a treble.

Porto are still begging God to play in a CL semifinal after Mourinho took them there and won it in 2004. Inter have sought the help of all deities to give them a CL semifinal since Mourinho won them a TREBLE in 2010.

Mourinho’s achievements aren’t easily replicated because he overachieves. Pep just continues a trend. He’s never managed a game where he’s an underdog in his career because he chooses the richest teams in the league to manage.

Your idol is a FRAUD!!! tongue

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:06pm On Dec 05, 2021
Lana1:
No be today we don know say McTom dey hide from pass. Nothing difficult to accept there
Rangnick has a lot of work to do there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:06pm On Dec 05, 2021
raumdeuter:

You lie too much
2019/20 Man Utd spent 211M Pounds
2020/21 Man Utd spent 78M Pounds
2021/22 Man Utd spent 126M Pounds

Ole alone spent 412M Pounds

Why are you counting 21/22 when no one has won anything yet. You have to count seasons that have been completed and we know who’s won what.

Ole’s purchases are from January 2019 till January 2021.

Even if we add up this summer to Ole’s spent, it is still a far cry to the lie you made initially that United have outspent Man City since 2016.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11362) (11363) (11364) (11365) (11366) (11367) (11368) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: dammywapes(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.