Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,098 members, 7,863,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:48 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8874836 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11568) (11569) (11570) (11571) (11572) (11573) (11574) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 4:19pm On Feb 09, 2022
elampiro:

Despite the above, there is no guarantee that Ole would be worse than this man with subsequent matches. In between the above matches, he still beat Spurs 3-0.

On Carrick, yes he could be better than Rangnick. You think it is by experience? He has been with Mourinho and Ole, plus his own playing experience. Which experience did Guardiola have? Even Gerrard baby managerial career has already surpassed Rangnick. It is not by the number of years, but the idea in the head of the person and his ability to implement it.

Trying to play a system like Luiz Van Gaal?
LMAO. So you're just going to throw away Pep's La Masia experience like that?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2022
ChristoBam:

Ole won’t be worse? God, you people sef!

We should have stuck with the Ole that left the team in this state after 3 years of spending hundreds of millions?
This is exactly my annoyance. We kept on hearing "We're building". Now its looking like a waste of time and money as we may have to start all over again

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 5:35pm On Feb 09, 2022
Anyone think there's a chance we can sell Maguire to Newcastle for £50m?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 5:40pm On Feb 09, 2022
popizaino:

Donstan.18 has no point.He should just come out plainly and say he hates salah and not hide behind those odd metrics for attacker to castigate salah.
I've said it here once or twice. Don.stan18 is a troll that just does all these things just to engage. He most times enjoy being the villain in arguments after bringing up ridiculous points. He knows internet is made up of diverse personalities, so one or two people probably might back his ridiculous points.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 5:41pm On Feb 09, 2022
ChristoBam:
All the attacks on Rangnick when it's obvious these are matches we should definitely have won if not for unfortunate circumstances.
Do we just call the manager out after every loss.
We were in a deep rot and we brought Rangnick in. Are you guys not expecting miracles like this?
Like if we threw Ten Haag in right now, he'd do any better.

Lol, so we should not call out the manager for every loss? You did this during Ole’s and Mou’s time. Even LVG was not spared, but we should spare Rauf and blame Ronaldo!

The manager is the captain, he should be responsible for every woeful and good performance. He sets up the team, determines who plays, what style to play, etc. so I don’t understand why we should not blame Rauf.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 5:45pm On Feb 09, 2022
Bruno was always scoring goals and providing assists. These days he is not doing well because of positioning and the team’s style. Our attack is blunt because we don’t create quality chances. We should all understand that strikers will miss chances, only question is are they getting quality chances or not? Conversion rate for strikers has always been less than 20 percent in every game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 6:41pm On Feb 09, 2022
nitrogen:
Bruno was always scoring goals and providing assists. These days he is not doing well because of positioning and the team’s style. Our attack is blunt because we don’t create quality chances. We should all understand that strikers will miss chances, only question is are they getting quality chances or not? Conversion rate for strikers has always been less than 20 percent in every game.
I beg to differ. We create enough chances to put teams away but our attackers keep peeing their pants in front of goal.

It won't be correct to say we don't create quality chances especially in our last 2 outings. Problem's the attackers even Bruno somehow forgot how to put the ball at the back of the net.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nostradamus1: 6:44pm On Feb 09, 2022
donstan18:

Drogba played about 14 finals and scored not less than 11 goals.

Only the likes of Messi and Ronaldo can be compared to Drogba when it comes to turning up when it matters most.

Not coward like Salah who can’t win without Klop.
Can we put Messi in this bracket?

Btw, Mane has better tackles, interceptions than Messi. So in your books can we go ahead and make the e conclusion?

Salah defensive liability

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by donstan18: 6:54pm On Feb 09, 2022
Nostradamus1:
Can we put Messi in this bracket?

Btw, Mane has better tackles, interceptions than Messi. So in your books can we go ahead and make the e conclusion?

Salah defensive liability
Messi has Copa America

Mane has Afcon

Before you start defending Salah, bring us his major trophy he won without Klopp’s system.

Then we can debate.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 09, 2022
donstan18:

Messi has Copa America

Mane has Afcon

Before you start defending Salah, bring us his major trophy he won without Klopp’s system.

Then we can debate.

Even without Afcon yet,what Salah has achieved two drogbas will never despite having better players and "golden generational players" around him

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 8:05pm On Feb 09, 2022
Ronaldo don join Rashford for motivation talk. If you can’t beat them join them.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 8:20pm On Feb 09, 2022
nitrogen:

Lol, so we should not call out the manager for every loss? You did this during Ole’s and Mou’s time. Even LVG was not spared, but we should spare Rauf and blame Ronaldo!

The manager is the captain, he should be responsible for every woeful and good performance. He sets up the team, determines who plays, what style to play, etc. so I don’t understand why we should not blame Rauf.

We didn’t do this during Ole’s or Mou’s time. We gave time to build the team but they were the wrong choice. The dragging and all came after they’ve been given enough time.

Rangnick came into a team in crisis. Couldn’t get the coaches, assistant or staffs that he want. They all wouldn’t leave their jobs to join an interim manager. Couldn’t sign a single manager.

We lost yesterday because of woeful refereeing and Maguire. You think he won’t do with a better CB rn? Ole brought in Maguire for 80m not Rangnick. Wtf is Rangnick supposed to do?

Will Ten Haag come in and get these same players playing fast, direct attacking football? With McFred, Shaw, Maguire, Pogba, Rashford, Ronaldo? Won’t he need new signings and the right coaches and staffs?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 8:25pm On Feb 09, 2022
ChristoBam:

We didn’t do this during Ole’s or Mou’s time. We gave time to build the team but they were the wrong choice. The dragging and all came after they’ve been given enough time.

Rangnick came into a team in crisis. Couldn’t get the coaches, assistant or staffs that he want. They all wouldn’t leave their jobs to join an interim manager. Couldn’t sign a single manager.

We lost yesterday because of woeful refereeing and Maguire. You think he won’t do with a better CB rn? Ole brought in Maguire for 80m not Rangnick. Wtf is Rangnick supposed to do?

Will Ten Haag come in and get these same players playing fast, direct attacking football? With McFred, Shaw, Maguire, Pogba, Rashford, Ronaldo? Won’t he need new signings and the right coaches and staffs?

Haaaaa, Christobam, fear God oooo, I remember that you are against giving Ole a permanent contract, at about 3-4 months into his appointment.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 8:29pm On Feb 09, 2022
nitrogen:
Bruno is playing at his best position. He’s helping the team more and even creating more. It’s not his or Rangnick’s fault our forwards are misfiring.

I was dragging Rangnick 2 weeks ago but do you know why I’m suddenly defending him? It’s because the man is the kind of person we actually need to get the club back to where it needs to be. He’s doing all of this, even as an interim. Last manager I want is someone that’ll accept the stupid culture at this club. I won’t be fooled by a winning run or some temporary form.

I’m backing Rangnick over Poch. Might prefer Tenhaag. Everyone else can Fvck off.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 8:31pm On Feb 09, 2022
nitrogen:

Haaaaa, Christobam, fear God oooo, I remember that you are against giving Ole a permanent contract, at about 3-4 months into his appointment.
Yeah, not because of results or anything. I didn’t judge him because we lost. I was against it while everything was going good.

My point at that time was it was too big a risk. A risk we couldn’t afford to take at that point. And I was definitely right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 8:35pm On Feb 09, 2022
ChristoBam:

Bruno is playing at his best position. He’s helping the team more and even creating more. It’s not his or Rangnick’s fault our forwards are misfiring.

I was dragging Rangnick 2 weeks ago but do you know why I’m suddenly defending him? It’s because the man is the kind of person we actually need to get the club back to where it needs to be. He’s doing all of this, even as an interim. Last manager I want is someone that’ll accept the stupid culture at this club. I won’t be fooled by a winning run or some temporary form.

I’m backing Rangnick over Poch. Might prefer Tenhaag. Everyone else can Fvck off.
He has not done anything. He’s only shown that he is a talkative and can only function as a director. First silly mistake he made, that costed us points was the shitty 4-2-2-2 formation, he stuck with it for a good number of games, now he is trying to be conservative in a bid to reduce the number of goals we are conceding by getting more players behind the ball against the likes of Burnley and Boro.

He is not good enough. He does not have the pedigree, and has not won any trophy or played good football outside Germany.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2022
ChristoBam:

Yeah, not because of results or anything. I didn’t judge him because we lost. I was against it while everything was going good.

My point at that time was it was too big a risk. A risk we couldn’t afford to take at that point. And I was definitely right.
You judged him because he did not play good football. He was relying on counterattacks and defensive play to win games, which was not sustainable.

Rauf is not creative. He is quite rigid and docile. I am very happy that we have him on a six month contract. He should get behind the scenes and allow a young and creative person in the front office.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:56pm On Feb 09, 2022
nitrogen:

You judged him because he did not play good football. He was relying on counterattacks and defensive play to win games, which was not sustainable.

Rauf is not creative. He is quite rigid and docile. I am very happy that we have him on a six month contract. He should get behind the scenes and allow a young and creative person in the front office.

You are wasting the time criticizing a manager that will be out of the job in 3 months time anyway. You should focus on the social media warriors who are masquerading as players for us. Some have been here for years and might still remain for years to come.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2022
nitrogen:

He has not done anything. He’s only shown that he is a talkative and can only function as a director. First silly mistake he made, that costed us points was the shitty 4-2-2-2 formation, he stuck with it for a good number of games, now he is trying to be conservative in a bid to reduce the number of goals we are conceding by getting more players behind the ball against the likes of Burnley and Boro.

He is not good enough. He does not have the pedigree, and has not won any trophy or played good football outside Germany.

4-2-2-2 is his system and it didn’t work because he doesn’t have the right players for that and they don’t have the required fitness levels. Btwn it’s very difficult to get the players playing a totally new system in the middle of the season. He thought he’d ease them in into the system but discovered it won’t work after a while.

Let’s remove hype which manager do you want to hire with all of those?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:59pm On Feb 09, 2022
Kobbie Mainoo another good no8. How come we keep producing no8s but struggle to produce a no6.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 9:00pm On Feb 09, 2022
nitrogen:

The talk about the counter attacks and all was to counter you guys that talked about Ole playing attacking football. My point from the beginning was he was too huge a risk.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by oliverano: 9:03pm On Feb 09, 2022
undecided

Donstan18!!!

I understand that most football analyst on nairaland(SM in general) are more knowledgeable than Pep, Mourinho, Sir Alex, TuKle, Klopp etc. However, the idea that Mane is the one carrying Liverpool is actually a new low. It's the lowest of takes on the internet right now.

Salah is not a system player but a world class player. He's also not a defensive liability but a pressing machine. Mane is also a world class player but Salah is better than him.

If you're a fan of Manchester United and you agree that Salah is a defensive liability and a system player, then you're also sh!!ting on your very own legends and some of the greatest footballers of all time.

A forward especially the one playing in a classic 4-3-3 is judged based on goals and assist or in some cases pre assist. The job of the interiors i.e the LCM and the RCM is to protect both flanks.

Salah is a pressing machine whose defensive inputs stops in midfield in case of a quick transition. Klopp knows he can score goals that's why it's that way. You want Salah to defend into his own defensive zone yet you argue that Ronaldo should play closer to goal.

Posting "pure defensive stats" to judge a forward is another new low. Messi scored 90goals in 2012. Pedro also hit double figures but he had the best defensive stats among the forwards. Was he the one carrying the team? In 2015, Suarez had the best defensive stats among the forwards, hit double figures with MSN but we all know who carried that team.

The one that "knows ball" posted "pure defensive stats" like clearance, blocks etc to judge a forward in 2022. I'm talking about "you no no ball merchant"

So Mr Donstan18, From your logic,

Ryan Giggs arguably the greatest player in premier league history is a system player. He won "only" with Sir Alex/Manutd and won absolutely nothing for Wales, abi Wales no be country?

Scholes
Xavi once said that Paul Scholes is called "the teacher" in Barcelona/La Masia but Scholes won nothing outside Manutd. System player abi England no fit win something?

Rio Ferdinand
Same story... does it mean that one of the greatest defenders in England was also a system player?

Kevin Debrunye
He joined City in 2015 and won nothing aside two DFB cup at Wolfsburg in a league you consider to be operating at division 8 level. In 2017, with the help of Pep, he's been able to win 3EPL so far with City and some Cups but nothing for Belgium. System player?

Salah also won two league titles for FC Basel.

The idea is not to convince but to educate

Tenks!!!

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 9:07pm On Feb 09, 2022
afrodoc2:

You are wasting the time criticizing a manager that will be out of the job in 3 months time anyway. You should focus on the social media warriors who are masquerading as players for us. Some have been here for years and might still remain for years to come.

Lol, Maguire is number one. He is a disgrace! Sometimes it's about a 1:0 scoreline with a solid display. He shifts and turns like a trailer. So annoying to watch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 9:20pm On Feb 09, 2022
Meanwhile one thing I’m sure of is Ten Haag will most likely have a very terrible start next season. You can’t suddenly get these dolts at the club to start playing Direct, attacking football.

I just hope United fans will be patient with him. Cuz I’m already seeing the signs they won’t.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 9:23pm On Feb 09, 2022
Not sure we can beat this Southampton side on Saturday..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 9:25pm On Feb 09, 2022
ChristoBam:
Meanwhile one thing I’m sure of is Ten Haag will most likely have a very terrible start next season. You can’t suddenly get these dolts at the club to start playing Direct, attacking football.

I just hope United fans will be patient with him. Cuz I’m already seeing the signs they won’t.
As long as there are signs of progressive football, and we make top 4 and/or win a trophy (FA or Carling). Not sure any reasonable fan would expect him to come win the EPL in his first season or drag top 3 with Liverpool, City and Chelsea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:28pm On Feb 09, 2022
ChristoBam:

How are you even sure Ten Hag's the one to take over from Rauf?

It's like you're not aware our board have been crushing on Poch for a long time now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 9:34pm On Feb 09, 2022
nitrogen:

As long as there are signs of progressive football, and we make top 4 and/or win a trophy (FA or Carling). Not sure any reasonable fan would expect him to come win the EPL in his first season or drag top 3 with Liverpool, City and Chelsea.

This will not happen because no one cares about progress. Its all about results. We're creating more chances under Ralf but no one cares because the results aren't good enough.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:45pm On Feb 09, 2022
They start the first match under Rauf with genghenpressing and after that, everything went south...

Mtcheeewwww
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:51pm On Feb 09, 2022
Garnacho. Statement game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 9:54pm On Feb 09, 2022
Ellexy:
How are you even sure Ten Hag's the one to take over from Rauf?

It's like you're not aware our board have been crushing on Poch for a long time now.

Because I know how our board work. Most people think it’ll be Poch but I know it’ll be Ten Haag.
He’s the one everyone’s screaming for. So when it goes wrong, the blame won’t be solely on their head.
Btwn it’ll be Richard Arnold’s first major appointment. He’ll go with who the fans want.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 9:57pm On Feb 09, 2022
MRTA7:

This will not happen because no one cares about progress. Its all about results. We're creating more chances under Ralf but no one cares because the results aren't good enough.
Exactly! I remember the comments before we appointed Rangnick. You’d think everyone would be patient. I can start digging chats.
Everyone’s logical till the bad results starts. No matter the situation around it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11568) (11569) (11570) (11571) (11572) (11573) (11574) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.