Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11981) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8748518 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11978) (11979) (11980) (11981) (11982) (11983) (11984) ... (14157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2022
Englishisamust:

Uefa national League with portugal.
So Bruno Pernandes highest trophy won at 27yrs in club football is taco de Portugal lmao.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2022
Trevor012:

So Bruno Pernandes highest trophy won at 27yrs in club football is taco de Portugal lmao.

grin grin you hate fernades personally. Between Ajax and sporting Lisbon which team is the best. Don't forget benefica , Porto are also in portugaloo. I don't know when player comparison is been judge by the trophy they have.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2022
Jodera:
So for this life, the only person wey fit unleash vdb na only ten Haag? grin
So if no ten Haag, no vdb be that.
From solkjaer to Carrick to Rangnick to Lampard grin

Anyways, Next season no far again sha grin

See ehn... Let's be fair and objective; VDB never really had the chance, plus he was constantly under pressure to prove himself, and that mindset can fvck with a player's confidence.

When I'm talking about chances, let's take Fred for instance. Under Mourinho, Fred struggled a lot and even when Ole came in, Fred continued struggling until Pogba got injured and it became inevitable for Ole to Pair Fred & McTom for our games.

That was when Fred started getting enough game time. I mean, he'd make grave mistakes, but as Pogba dey injured options no really dey like that. So, that was how Fred broke into the first team.

But of course some people expect VDB to start turning water to wine immediately undecided. Where's the game time?

How can you use a player once in a blue moon and expect him to have that confidence?

Where's the morale and encouragement?

Cast your mind back and tell me how many times VDB started EPL games.

He came into a confused United team from Ajax and it was so easy to tell he was the odd one out. You know why? It's cos people who're excelling aren't used to mediocre things. How can one play footy at the top level and come to an 'express yourself' team that's clearly void of team work, and you expect magic from him.

It was easy for Bruno to hit the ground running because Ole's dubious counter attack set up suited him really well. You can see how he struggled last season because Ralf came in with a 'we must dominate our games' agenda.

I've seen countless times that we recovered ball in our half, gave it to Bruno and the man couldn't even keep the ball, but instead played a stupid pass that was intercepted.

Omo, anybody wey dey watch United games wella, and is honest will tell you about how Bruno's always eager to release the ball prematurely. It's annoying ffs and he needs to work on that Shaolin soccer mindset.

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2022
Englishisamust:

grin grin you hate fernades personally. Between Ajax and sporting Lisbon which team is the best. Don't forget benefica , Porto are also in portugaloo
Immediately Pernandes left the very next season Sporting won the league. Taco de Portugal and Taco Bell merchant.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2022
Jodera:
So for this life, the only person wey fit unleash vdb na only ten Haag? grin
So if no ten Haag, no vdb be that.
From solkjaer to Carrick to Rangnick to Lampard grin

Anyways, Next season no far again sha grin

Off ya mic, someone that can't start for Holland cheesy cheesy

VDB kor DVD ni

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2022
elrony:

The better for us. If VDB steps up, good for Bruno, he gets to have the occasional deserved rest he needs, good squad depth for the manager as well.

I just hope everyone keeps the VDB campaign down, he's nowhere near Bruno's level.

Lol, you sabi ball.

The only player that can manage to bench him is Erikssen.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2022
Englishisamust:

grin grin you hate fernades personally. Between Ajax and sporting Lisbon which team is the best. Don't forget benefica , Porto are also in portugaloo. I don't know when player comparison is been judge by the trophy they have.

Don't waste your time bro.

He was the highest scoring midfielder in Europe that year, also won the league best player x2, but he was the reason Sporting didn't win the league cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
LostMyZeal:

See ehn... Let's be fair and objective; VDB never really had the chance, plus he was constantly under pressure to prove himself, and that mindset can fvck with a player's confidence.

When I'm talking about chances, let's take Fred for instance. Under Mourinho, Fred struggled a lot and even when Ole came in, Fred continued struggling until Pogba got injured and it became inevitable for Ole to Pair Fred & McTom for our games.

That was when Fred started getting enough game time. I mean, he'd make grave mistakes, but as Pogba dey injured options no really dey like that. So, that was how Fred broke into the first team.

But of course some people expect VDB to start turning water to wine immediately undecided. Where's the game time?

How can you use a player once in a blue moon and expect him to have that confidence?

He came into a confused United team from Ajax and it was so easy to tell he was the odd one out. You know why? It's cos people who're excelling aren't used to mediocre things. How can one play footy at the top level and come to an 'express yourself' team that's clearly void of team work, and you expect magic from him.

It was easy for Bruno to hit the ground running because Ole's dubious counter attack set up suited him really well. You can see how he struggled last season because Ralf came in with a 'we must dominate our games' agenda.

I've seen countless times that we recovered ball in our half, gave it to Bruno and the man couldn't even keep the ball, but instead played a stupid pass that was intercepted.

Omo, anybody wey dey watch United games wella, and is honest will tell you about how Bruno's always eager to release the ball prematurely. It's annoying ffs and he needs to work on that Shaolin soccer mindset.

Lemme ask you a question.
Cast your mind back to when Bruno was signed and then when Vdb was signed. Who do you think was under more pressure to perform.
You think Bruno entering into a team where Una dey score binary goals and was indeed lacking creativity wouldn't be a pressure on him to perform?
Lingard, perriera, Pogba were all counter attack merchants, why didn't they give the type of impact Bruno did? You guys seems to forget all these things sha

And as for Vdb, I agree he wasn't given minutes but was he signed to bench Bruno or signed to see if he'll break into the first team?
I feel it was the latter and while Ole might treat him unfairly given his minutes, what will you say about Rangnick and Lampard?

I no even see the hype around Vdb to be honest sha. Nobody is even saying he won't see more starts next season but the way you guys are hyping him as if he's one Kdb-wannabe, naim I no understand.

You've already ruled out Bruno and seemed certain that vdb will always see first shirt cos of ETH. August-Dec no too far again sha(esp Aug). Na here all of us dey

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 5:50pm On Jul 10, 2022
LostMyZeal:

Brother preach.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 5:53pm On Jul 10, 2022
Expert17:

Off ya mic, someone that can't start for Holland cheesy cheesy

VDB kor DVD ni
My own be say if e cast, I no wan hear excuse from Lostmy.zeal sha grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LMDyaya(m): 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2022
Englishisamust:

Vdb will not even bench flop fernadesgrin I don't know which kind of system Eth want to play I hope the system will not be like gengenpressing by ragnick. This one every one dey shout Eth system

grin
Dont mind them, we dey here naw.

Eth plays possession based footy.I expect bruno to make amendments as a top player.people forget we never had a style under ole, rangnick was disappointing, a player can be reckless on the ball with no clear instructions on how to play as a team. Bruno’s numbers are there, this VDB comparisons should stop ,atleast for now grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2022
elrony:

The better for us. If VDB steps up, good for Bruno, he gets to have the occasional deserved rest he needs, good squad depth for the manager as well.

I just hope everyone keeps the VDB campaign down, he's nowhere near Bruno's level.
Nobody is saying VDB is better but he is better suited to the system compared to Bruno (At least from what we know of Bruno)...

Bruno has to tweak his game a bit to fit in. The question is; can he and how fast?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2022
Jodera:

Lemme ask you
You've already ruled out Bruno and seemed certain that vdb will always see first shirt cos of ETH. August-Dec no too far again sha(esp Aug). Na here all of us dey

It's baffling that you read all what I wrote and deduced that I've written Bruno off oh. You can check my previous posts about this matter and you'll see that I've been consistent with same message of 'bruno needs to work on his ball retention' - a message which his worshippers no like to hear.

You seem to have me mistaken for someone who hates Bruno oh. And then again, I never really compared Bruno and KDB. I have never compared them.

Feel free to check my previous posts and point out the anomalies and contradictions because at this point I'm confused.

What's even more strange is how you're telling me about Bruno's struggle - like Idg how it's relevant to what I wrote.

Walahi I'm confused grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 7:59pm On Jul 10, 2022
Before you crucify VDB, give him the kinda playing time that mumu Ole gave to Fred

That's the summary and main point of the epistle I wrote oh.

let VDB make mistakes and still play the next games - if he doesn't deliver, you can crucify him

Anything short of this, you're only just being insensitive.

QED
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nnofaith: 8:35pm On Jul 10, 2022
When last did VDB play for Holland?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:01pm On Jul 10, 2022
Trevor012:

Brother preach.
Brother preach ke? Like you didn't see where he called your darling manager dubious... abi that line follow for the gospel now?

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 9:11pm On Jul 10, 2022
Ellexy:
Brother preach ke? Like you didn't see where he called your darling manager dubious... abi that line follow for the gospel now?

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 9:20pm On Jul 10, 2022
LostMyZeal:

It's baffling that you read all what I wrote and deduced that I've written Bruno off oh. You can check my previous posts about this matter and you'll see that I've been consistent with same message of 'bruno needs to work on his ball retention' - a message which his worshippers no like to hear.

You seem to have me mistaken for someone who hates Bruno oh. And then again, I never really compared Bruno and KDB. I have never compared them.

Feel free to check my previous posts and point out the anomalies and contradictions because at this point I'm confused.

What's even more strange is how you're telling me about Bruno's struggle - like Idg how it's relevant to what I wrote.

Walahi I'm confused grin
Lol, Maybe I did mistake you for someone who dislikes Bruno (not hate per se) at the expense of vdb reason why my responses are like that.

To me, I feel Bruno will adapt. I still believe vdb will come from bench and alternate with Eriksen as Bruno will become a mainstay.

Hopefully, we'll see how this season pans out for you guys
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2022
Victor Lindelöf on Erik ten Hag: "He’s demanding a lot, but it should be like that at a club like this." [@ChrisWheelerDM]

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2022
Victor Lindelöf on intensity of training under Erik ten Hag: "The first week was a little bit different from this week. This week has been a bit more intense with different types of runs and in games. I don’t mind it, it should be like that." [@ChrisWheelerDM]

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2022
Victor Lindelöf: "If something is not right in an exercise he can stop and explain it again for us and that’s a very good thing for us." [@ChrisWheelerDM]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2022
There will be an imminent meeting now that Frenkie de Jong is back in Barcelona - the player and his representative, Ali Dursun, want to know first-hand what Barcelona's position is. [@Luis_F_Rojo, @marca]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:25pm On Jul 10, 2022
There is great anger among them at how Barcelona is handling the matter. They did not like that the news of the negotiations with #mufc were leaked or that the footballer's contract was revealed. They even see a campaign against the player. [@Luis_F_Rojo, @marca]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:28pm On Jul 10, 2022
TrebleChamp:
So why should the club move on from De Jong?
Make e no be like say we wasted all this time just end up with a Di-Maria like scenario undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:29pm On Jul 10, 2022
izzou:

grin grin grin grin
E even call am mumu sef and e dey shout preach. Lostmyzeal keep on preaching.

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 9:38pm On Jul 10, 2022
A fvckin no-brainer angry

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, Maybe I did mistake you for someone who dislikes Bruno (not hate per se) at the expense of vdb reason why my responses are like that.

To me, I feel Bruno will adapt. I still believe vdb will come from bench and alternate with Eriksen as Bruno will become a mainstay.

Hopefully, we'll see how this season pans out for you guys

Simple.. . na why we say IF he doesn't adapt, then straight to bench
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 9:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
Ellexy:
There is great anger among them at how Barcelona is handling the matter. They did not like that the news of the negotiations with #mufc were leaked or that the footballer's contract was revealed. They even see a campaign against the player. [@Luis_F_Rojo, @marca]
Frenkie de Jong is very disappointed about how Barcelona have treated him. He definitely doesn't want to join Manchester United. The situation is difficult.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 9:59pm On Jul 10, 2022
LostMyZeal:

Walahi I'm confused grin
VDB play like d ball is hot yam in his mouth.. he plays make he nor spoil for my hand ball.. if VDB was playing AM for us last season, we would even crank 40 goals in the season

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 10:00pm On Jul 10, 2022
LostMyZeal:
A fvckin no-brainer angry
I don't fancy Neves, he's a reactive player, very different to Frenkie. Don't know how he'll handle being a deep playmaker in a possession based team while he's played all these while in defensive counter attacking setup. A name I like is Parades.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 10:04pm On Jul 10, 2022
BlueAngel444:
Frenkie de Jong is very disappointed about how Barcelona have treated him. He definitely doesn't want to join Manchester United. The situation is difficult.
Saw that too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 10:10pm On Jul 10, 2022
VDB survived at ajax because he didn't have to be a creator in that system, ajax had a lot of creators in tadic to de jong to ziyech even neres.

Anyway I won't be surprised if Bruno is benched afterall we've a coach that's he'll bent on reunion with ex players, instead of building a new 1.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11978) (11979) (11980) (11981) (11982) (11983) (11984) ... (14157) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: liveLongNprospa(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.