Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8752985 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12223) (12224) (12225) (12226) (12227) (12228) (12229) ... (14158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 8:12am On Aug 25, 2022
FirstbornWds:

Lol. I don't know how we managed to buy the lie that Jong would be Busquets replacement. I mean, he is nothing like Busi and every much like the b2b that he is now.

Agreed, Barca haven't really assigned him to a particular for a specific time, which might be the reason to his inconsistency.
Even the few Matches that I've watched from him, he hasn't shown that he can even play a DM in a double pivot how much more a lone DM. I don't know about being assigned to a particular role sha but if you play a player in a position that will very much limit his strength, he'll always suffer. That's why I was just surprised when I read that Xavi says he can play him as a CB
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 8:15am On Aug 25, 2022
timay1:

LoL , e shock me too. May be for the national team sha. But I still doubt it.
Lol.. me too I doubt that cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 8:18am On Aug 25, 2022
odizeey:

Lupe Fiasco ni.
That's a good move by Bruno. They'll be the ones to collect card cos it's our ball and they were obstructing. Person wey dey win no dey fight. cheesy
Na true be the bolded sha. I have now really understood that Bruno isn't even at fault one bit thanks to Exper.t17

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 8:21am On Aug 25, 2022
melodyogonna:

When you use him as DM you'd still need to have a ball winner. Like Pogba/ Kante situation for France. Pirlo/ Gattuso, etc.
Meaning he'll play as Cm with a more defensive-aware Dm. Still same thing I'm saying.

If he's less of a roamer and more of a ball recycler, it would have been better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 8:25am On Aug 25, 2022
patrickmuf:
Elanga is better on the left but he still is not ready...Garnacho has a high ceiling but he too is not ready for the big stage...

Sancho? Is he not a right winger again? Pellestri and Amad are not ready...

Gakpo is more physically developed and can be coached to play as a CF...He has a good shot on him and his finishing is very good...Now PSG are out of contention for the UCL group stage, I think his price will drop to around £25-30m which is fair...I'd loan out Elanga and possibly Garnacho as well as Pellestri and Amad.
have you watched gakpo.. the guy isn't that better than elanga.. man united isn't a place to develop talent. The guy should go to a Southampton or Brighton first. He has no flair to his game and can only beat his Man with pace.. he prefers the lw like rashford.. true is you don't need 6 extremely good attackers, Liverpool don't have that, city don't have that.. you're going to have bunch of unhappy players, especially if 1 team is winning.

You can always tweak formation if an injury crisis.. even bruno and eriksen, can play wing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 8:28am On Aug 25, 2022
KingAlabi:

Well since we don get casemiro
Make de jong go to hell.
Both of them fit still play na. No be fight! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 8:53am On Aug 25, 2022
Jodera:
Both of them fit still play na. No be fight! grin
No player is bigger than a club grin
We no dey beg am again angry

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 8:57am On Aug 25, 2022
My issue with people singing Glazers out, is that they don't even know how the new owner is going to be.. are you telling me other club owners, that invest, are not going to get returns later? There's no free money anywhere.. it simply an investment..

We cry that the Glazers don't invest their own money, rather the clubs money, but isn't that how it's suppose to be done. It's not like they are siphoning the money out of the clubs.. they are reinvesting revenue.. later we complain man City is ruinin football when daddy shiekh goes on a spending spree.. our problem has never been spending, but not spending right.. we've practically spent more than city and we are so far from them ... I can never trust billionaires, so those clamouring for the club to sell, better hope, its one maga with too much money, that is looking for where to throw is money.. Even d Glazers want success, as it means more money generated..

You think if Elon musk, a business man buys this club, he won't run it as a business.. so business run at a loss, to take profit later..

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ouzo1(m): 9:03am On Aug 25, 2022
nnofaith:
Let me correct some misconceptions about ownership of football clubs.

At £3 or £4 billion level nobody buys with cash, they all pay with bank loans or hybrid (loan and cash)

Unlike what the Man utd owners did by putting the loan directly in books of United, owners of other clubs create holding companies and put the loan there

Football club owners DONT dash clubs money, they either inject money by increasing the capital base or lend the club money

The difference between what the owners of United are doing compared to other clubs is that they are getting what is due to them (dividend) now instead of postponing it till later.

The other club owners will also get what is due to them at a future date or when they decide to sell the club.

It is just different accounting models employed, basically the operations are same. Nobody is dashing thier clubs free money. And yes they where all bought with debt, they just recorded the debts in different accounts.

No mind those English fans,na Arab money wey come spoil ball dey hungry dem.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:10am On Aug 25, 2022
ovoP:
My issue with people singing Glazers out, is that they don't even know how the new owner is going to be.. are you telling me other club owners, that invest, are not going to get returns later? There's no free money anywhere.. it simply an investment..

We cry that the Glazers don't invest their own money, rather the clubs money, but isn't that how it's suppose to be done. It's not like they are siphoning the money out of the clubs.. they are reinvesting revenue.. later we complain man City is ruinin football when daddy shiekh goes on a spending spree.. our problem has never been spending, but not spending right.. we've practically spent more than city and we are so far from them ... I can never trust billionaires, so those clamouring for the club to sell, better hope, its one maga with too much money, that is looking for where to throw is money.. Even d Glazers want success, as it means more money generated..

You think if Elon musk, a business man buys this club, he won't run it as a business.. so business run at a loss, to take profit later..

Stop all these talks.

Calculate how much Man City’s new owners have spent on the club since they bought it and do the same with the Glazers and Man Utd.

And then let’s compare both and amounts and see where we stand.

P,S: The Glazers “bought” Man Utd way before their city counterparts did.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:13am On Aug 25, 2022
People will come here and just be talking.

The Sheiks met City as a mid table. They spent bastard money to get them to the top- not to mention appointing competent staff in different departments. And when they got to the top, they continued spending money so that they can remain on top.

The Glazers met United on top. They fidnt spend money on the club to cement its top status. Instead they took money out of it. Even worse, they appointed incompetent useless staff in important positions.

Once they turned United into a mid table team, they started throwing money at the problem anyhow. If fans didn’t protest, the Casemiro deal will not materialize.

Spent money my azz

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 9:13am On Aug 25, 2022
ChristineC:

Sad but true.

Yves Bissouma is still catching flack over an allegation that has been put to rest.

"Me too" and cancel culture media will never give us the time of day.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:15am On Aug 25, 2022
DeadPresidents:

Martial can't play right wing...or any wing for that matter right now.

Man's winger days are over.

Also, Greenwood is never coming back...even if he gets acquitted. The PR blowback is something United won't fancy. If Greenwood gets acquitted, his best bet is to travel to another country to play his football (like Santi Mina of Celta Vigo did)

grin

It was a mistake.... I actually meant LW not RW.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 9:15am On Aug 25, 2022
Gakpo has failed several eye tests for me. I'm nervous about him.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 9:16am On Aug 25, 2022
Mikechinos:

Lol not what we need. Antony is fine no need for Kubo
Irrespective of how it may seem... Sancho is a LWF and that's a fact

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:17am On Aug 25, 2022
DeadPresidents:

Sad but true.

Yves Bissouma is still catching flack over an allegation that has been put to rest.

"Me too" and cancel culture media will never give us the time of day.
I really don't see how that affects United. it will be social media banter between fans and nothing more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 9:18am On Aug 25, 2022
Leyqute:

Be like say you no sabi Corporate Shoe. Person wey get jagidijagan for head.

No go dey do pass yourself o.

E no matter nau grin

If you see me for real life, you go understand why I talk so. Gra gra no be substitute for strength when push comes to shove. All him jagidijagan, he no go fit still carry am near old Ibrahimovic nau
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 9:21am On Aug 25, 2022
ChristineC:
I really don't see how that affects United. it will be social media banter between fans and nothing more.

I just have to run with the worst-case scenario based on events that have happened in recent times. Most clubs would not even touch Bissouma at the time of the allegation against him. United is a global entity that cares very much about brand image.

I really want Greenwood back but it's best to tell yourself the cold, hard truth and know peace.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 9:22am On Aug 25, 2022
KingAlabi:

No player is bigger than a club grin
We no dey beg am again angry
No be lie cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:26am On Aug 25, 2022
DeadPresidents:

I just have to run with the worst-case scenario based on events that have happened in recent times. Most clubs would not even touch Bissouma at the time of the allegation against him. United is a global entity that cares very much about brand image.

I really want Greenwood back but it's best to tell yourself the cold, hard truth and know peace.
United still abide by his contract and he's getting his wages since the exclusion.
the cold hard truth is that he'd be back in training if he is not punished by the court. it's either he's sentenced or he's back in business. there are no in betweens.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 9:28am On Aug 25, 2022
ChristineC:
United still abide by his contract and he's getting his wages since the exclusion.
the cold hard truth is that he'd be back in training if he is not punished by the court. it's either he's sentenced or he's back in business. there are no in betweens.

I really pray that's the case. We need as much quality as possible.

Has a date been set for the hearing?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:36am On Aug 25, 2022
DeadPresidents:

I really pray that's the case. We need as much quality as possible.

Has a date been set for the hearing?
no dates. he remains out on bail.
a soft landing will likely be 'cooked' for him with the corporation of all involved in the matter.
home training is important.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 9:59am On Aug 25, 2022
kozmicity:
I've been looking at Kubo a Real Sociedad. What does anybody think of him?

He's a left footed right winger.

Too short

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 10:00am On Aug 25, 2022
Leyqute:

The Sheiks met City as a mid table. They spent bastard money to get them to the top- not to mention appointing competent staff in different departments. And when they got to the top, they continued spending money so that they can remain on top.

The Glazers met United on top. They fidnt spend money on the club to cement its top status. Instead they took money out of it. Even worse, they appointed incompetent useless staff in important positions.

Once they turned United into a mid table team, they started throwing money at the problem anyhow. If fans didn’t protest, the Casemiro deal will not materialize.

Spent money my azz

We dont know what will happen to city owners after 10 years..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 10:07am On Aug 25, 2022
#TrashfordOUT
#TrashlangaOUT
#TenHagOUT
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hatakekakashi: 10:14am On Aug 25, 2022
Case

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hatakekakashi: 10:27am On Aug 25, 2022
Mrviktor:

We dont know what will happen to city owners after 10 years..
Like what? They're Arabs, they have unlimited money.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nnofaith: 10:33am On Aug 25, 2022
ouzo1:

No mind those English fans,na Arab money wey come spoil ball dey hungry dem.
Even the Arab money is not free, its in their books, they will recoup it if there is need to sell.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ouzo1(m): 10:37am On Aug 25, 2022
nnofaith:
Even the Arab money is not free, its in their books, they will recoup it if there is need to sell.

Definitely.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 10:39am On Aug 25, 2022
hatakekakashi:

Like what? They're Arabs, they have unlimited money.

Arab and Qatar owners don't care about making money or profits from their clubs. They are only buying clubs for sportwashing.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 10:40am On Aug 25, 2022
Leyqute:

Stop all these talks.

Calculate how much Man City’s new owners have spent on the club since they bought it and do the same with the Glazers and Man Utd.

And then let’s compare both and amounts and see where we stand.

P,S: The Glazers “bought” Man Utd way before their city counterparts did.

City isn't United.. If you buy a small team, you'll need more investment to make it big, than buying a bigger team at the top.. City didn't spend much(net spend) in this window, because dey have a good team, but a bad team will need more investment..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 10:42am On Aug 25, 2022
Leyqute:

Spent money my azz
were united midtable.. ? There's no free money, they will collect back that money, 1 way or the other.. even with all this city isn't as valuable as united.. meaning they haven't achieved their goal yet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12223) (12224) (12225) (12226) (12227) (12228) (12229) ... (14158) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: ChristoBam and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.