Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,470 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8776972 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12432) (12433) (12434) (12435) (12436) (12437) (12438) ... (14175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 15, 2022
nani667:
#TrashfordOUT
#TrashlangaOUT
#TenHagOUT

Which type of Colorado you dey smoke ?? Abeg u get sure plug. Make me self dey reason like bot or robot. Doing things repeatedly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 15, 2022
eph12:

You can't trust Fred to drive with the ball at his feet either. He's not an option for that particular role you're talking about

We should try Iqbal or pellistri?? Why is not using those players

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:51am On Oct 15, 2022
Borntosmoke:

Pellestri is a winger.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 10:56am On Oct 15, 2022
Searchingvictor:

No move that way for here bro
Go religion section
Thank you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:02am On Oct 15, 2022
patrickmuf:
Pellestri is a winger.

We also have to trust ETH also to introduce those players when they are ready. If he is not using Iqbal it might be because he is not yet up to the physical standard required for the EPL. Pre-season tempo is different from EPL tempo.

Charlie Savage for instance that i know still has a long way to go physically and might even never be up to standard looked really good in pre-season. And we all remember pre-season Pirlo (Andreas Pereira).

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 11:02am On Oct 15, 2022
nani667:
#TrashfordOUT
#TrashlangaOUT
#TenHagOUT
Welcome back grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:31am On Oct 15, 2022
main24:

For someone that loves winning so much, why do you hate the process?
Winning is the process.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:31am On Oct 15, 2022
ChristineC:
speak for yourself
I just taya. Who dey fear Newcastle?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:34am On Oct 15, 2022
Clinton4518:

Hey friend sent you an email.Could you please reply,I would want to discuss something with you
All right
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 11:42am On Oct 15, 2022
I think the hope of seeing Greenwood return will vanish now with this news of his arrest
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:49am On Oct 15, 2022
Borntosmoke:

We should get a senior player there. January is here already
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by gameboy727(m): 1:08pm On Oct 15, 2022
Searchingvictor:
I think the hope of seeing Greenwood return will vanish now with this news of his arrest

He was arrested for breaching bail conditions I think. I don't think anything new has come up regarding his case.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 4:48pm On Oct 15, 2022
gameboy727:

He was arrested for breaching bail conditions I think. I don't think anything new has come up regarding his case.

He's now been charged.

Either way his United career is over.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 5:30pm On Oct 15, 2022
MRTA7:

He's now been charged.

Na so this talented boy career go take end? I hope he comes out of this victorious...

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay1: 5:54pm On Oct 15, 2022
MRTA7:

He's now been charged.

He was initially arrested for Rape and threat to kill.

Now the actual charge changed to attempted rape and coersive behavior and assault

Seems they didn't get enough to charge him for Rape. And the released audio tape and pictures might even be the basis for the coersive behavior and assault charge and a good lawyer might get the court to dismiss it as per arguing that it's a normal couple disagreement with no real malicious intent.

Meaning that Greenwood will get a slap on the wrist punishment like Fine, and/or community service for assault as a first time offender.

Although Man Utd will probably sell him with his handlers moving him to play in other leagues like Italy or Spain.

But his career is not over like a lot of people will like to see. He's still young, and can still bounce back with determination and hardwork together with his talent.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by angelfallz(m): 6:20pm On Oct 15, 2022
Man United should not sell him oh. If he is cleared why should he be sold?
timay1:

Now the actual charge changed to attempted rape and coersive behavior and assault

Seems they didn't get enough to charge him for Rape. And the released audio tape and pictures might even be the basis for the coersive behavior and assault charge and a good lawyer might get the court to dismiss it as per arguing that it's a normal couple disagreement with no real malicious intent.

Meaning that Greenwood will get a slap on the wrist punishment like Fine, and/or community service for assault as a first time offender.

Although Man Utd will probably sell him with his handlers moving him to play in other leagues like Italy or Spain.

But his career is not over like a lot of people will like to see. He's still young, and can still bounce back with determination and hardwork together with his talent.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BenNash: 6:27pm On Oct 15, 2022
angelfallz:
Leave Nigerian Twitter and go to reddit and UK Twitter to see how he's viewed.
Don't think he can ever play in England or a club in the limelight.

What finished him is the public release of evidence that's hard to argue against. If not he'd be in the same shoes as Partey.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 6:49pm On Oct 15, 2022
timay1:

That's why I said United career.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by angelfallz(m): 6:57pm On Oct 15, 2022
"If he is cleared" that is not guilty.
Twitter, reddit and social media in general are artificial places where you can not truly gauge people.

So, I hope Manchester United do not sell him. If he is cleared he can still play, yes, there would be some people against him, but with time and goals they would move on to maybe evil Vladimir Putin.

BenNash:

Leave Nigerian Twitter and go to reddit and UK Twitter to see how he's viewed.
Don't think he can ever play in England or a club in the limelight.

What finished him is the public release of evidence that's hard to argue against. If not he'd be in the same shoes as Partey.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 7:41pm On Oct 15, 2022
eph12:

You can't trust Fred to drive with the ball at his feet either. He's not an option for that particular role you're talking about
i said at least he gives us energy.. and can actually press to win the ball back
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BenNash: 7:43pm On Oct 15, 2022
angelfallz:
Twitter, reddit and social media in general are artificial places where you can not truly gauge people.

So, I hope Manchester United do not sell him. If he is cleared he can still play, yes, there would be some people against him, but with time and goals they would move on to maybe evil Vladimir Putin.

You talk like it's not a fans game. If he's guilty in the eyes of a lot of the fans, he can't simply play here. It's as simple as that. Btwn, the fans are not kids that believe whichever way the court views it is the way it truly is. Court says he's not found guilty doesn't mean he's innocent. Lots of fans already made their judgement when they heard the recording.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay1: 7:52pm On Oct 15, 2022
angelfallz:

You know, the club likes doing holier than thou for nothing.

Partey and Bissouma are literarily on bail for Rape pending investigation, yet their clubs didn't suspend them and continues to play them, despite all the pressures from Twitter woke feminist mob. Even Man city didn't Suspend Mendy until he was actually "charged" by the police.

But Man Utd quickly ran and suspend greenwood even though we had no alternative during the season and could have helped us secure top 4 last season with some of his goals.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay1: 7:55pm On Oct 15, 2022
angelfallz:

Exactly.

Partey that is till under investigation on bail was being booed by Arsenal fans in the stadium. After giving them 2 to 3 consecutive master class match performances, you don't here the boos again.

Fans have short memory, and that Large PR base of the club can even be employed to help him a bit.

After few matches or worst case few months, people will move on to another trendy shit to whine about
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:59pm On Oct 15, 2022
Spurs just lowkey picking up points. I hope this is something we can start doing on a regular.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by angelfallz(m): 8:01pm On Oct 15, 2022
Partey has a case against him? Thomas Partey of Ghana?
timay1:

Exactly.

Partey that is till under investigation on bail was being booed by Arsenal fans in the stadium. After giving them 2 to 3 consecutive master class match performances, you don't here the boos again.

Fans have short memory, and that Large PR base of the club can even be employed to help him a bit.

After few matches or worst case few months, people will move on to another trendy shit to whine about
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by angelfallz(m): 8:08pm On Oct 15, 2022
In the case of Greenwood, the girl announced it on social media. Thus, it put Manchester United in a difficult situation. They had to take action. This is the first I've heard of Partey being accused of rape. I learned about Bissouma's ongoing case during the transfer window. So as you can see, Partey and Bissouma's case received little media coverage while Greenwood's did.

timay1:

Partey and Bissouma are literarily on bail for Rape pending investigation, yet their clubs didn't suspend them and continues to play them, despite all the pressures from Twitter woke feminist mob. Even Man city didn't Suspend Mendy until he was actually "charged" by the police.

But Man Utd quickly ran and suspend greenwood even though we had no alternative during the season and could have helped us secure top 4 last season with some of his goals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by angelfallz(m): 8:13pm On Oct 15, 2022
While you talk as if he is already guilty.
It is good that Manchester United have already released a statement confirming that Greenwood has be charged, while also affirming that he remains suspended.

I also told you that Twitter, Facebook, Reddit etc are artificial places. You can not gauge people using SM. Also, there is a difference between match-going fans and SM fans.

Also, if he is cleared, comes back, and starts scoring goals, people will move on.

Anyway, let us wait and see.

BenNash:

You talk like it's not a fans game. If he's guilty in the eyes of a lot of the fans, he can't simply play here. It's as simple as that. Btwn, the fans are not kids that believe whichever way the court views it is the way it truly is. Court says he's not found guilty doesn't mean he's innocent. Lots of fans already made their judgement when they heard the recording.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 9:31pm On Oct 15, 2022
timay1:

Exactly.

Greenwood's case was a strong one as it have pictorial and audio evidence as against Partey and bissouma that is termed allegations. You think the UK state police will allow Partey and bissouma to play if it was that serious. Note: Partey didn't play some preseason games when the case was ongoing until he was cleared to play. He wasn't even allowed to leave England sef. You think Man u will hurriedly suspend Greenwood if his case wasn't strong?

Also, Arsenal fans never booed Partey. The boo was from crystal palace fans not from arsenal fans. Why would arsenal boo their own best player when it's just allegation
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BenNash: 11:00pm On Oct 15, 2022
angelfallz:
While you talk as if he is already guilty.
It is good that Manchester United have already released a statement confirming that Greenwood has be charged, while also affirming that he remains suspended.

I also told you that Twitter, Facebook, Reddit etc are artificial places. You can not gauge people using SM. Also, there is a difference between match-going fans and SM fans.

Also, if he is cleared, comes back, and starts scoring goals, people will move on.

Anyway, let us wait and see.

Bruh why are you dancing around the reality like this? I'm not saying he's guilty cuz I'm not ready for that argument. Fact is majority of the public believe he is. Let's even forget reddit, on all these fan podcasts, mentioning his name is almost like a taboo. A large majority believe he's guilty whether you like it or not.

In what world is Greenwood going to wear the shirt and bang in goals for United? So court acquits him and he's back starting for the team weeks later? Lmao. Let's be realistic.
It'll be a PR disaster, the type never seen before.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BenNash: 11:04pm On Oct 15, 2022
timay1:

Exactly.

This is not even the same thing and you know it. I guess you guys love greenwood so you prefer to ignore the reality.

If Greenwood was only investigated by the police and the evidence was not all over social media, then the fans will forget easily.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BenNash: 11:07pm On Oct 15, 2022
timay1:

There a tape of the incident all over the internet. There are pictures of the girl's bloodied face.

You're saying we shouldn't have suspended him?

And here I was fighting all over with these British guys I thought were racists talking about Africans condoning abuse on women.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:00am On Oct 16, 2022
ovoP:
i said at least he gives us energy.. and can actually press to win the ball back
Alright

(1) (2) (3) ... (12432) (12433) (12434) (12435) (12436) (12437) (12438) ... (14175) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: AdisaOwala, DeadPresidents, eghos12(m), Onkoolos and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.