Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,071 members, 7,859,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:51 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8857547 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12440) (12441) (12442) (12443) (12444) (12445) (12446) ... (14213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:14am On Oct 17, 2022
kozmicity:

Antony is fast oo bro. Don't just conclude from this game

He has decent speed without the ball but he is not actually fast dribbling with the ball the way say Saint Maximin or Adama Traore are.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:21am On Oct 17, 2022
We have midfielders who are a bit too careless with the ball and take chances and wingers who are a bit too careful with the ball and are reluctant to take chances. It should be the other way round.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 6:16am On Oct 17, 2022
ChristoBam:

Who's talking about buying 11 solid players in a window? Y'all just jump into whichever conclusion you've got in your mind.

Your reply would have made sense if I was blaming the board or Ten Hag for not bringing more players in. It's literally just a recognition of the fact that we need new players in a lot of key areas to even get any real improvements. Is that a lie? Could we have done it in a window? No. No one's saying we should've.

So I don't get this your silly replies fr. Calm down and digest what's being said before quoting me next please.

You said this crop of players can't improve their creative abilities. So we should replace Bruno, Casemiro, Eriksen, Antony, Sancho, Rashford.

Okay. I get your point
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 6:18am On Oct 17, 2022
afrodoc2:

You said the above and now said the following. Ezemo is confused. Are you saying that we are playing better or that we are not playing better?

cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 7:20am On Oct 17, 2022
maik99:

Oh really?
I've seen him struggling to beat defenders with pace several times tho

The ones he does beat with pace, rough the hell out of him. Check him vs Omonia, Tiraspol and even yesterday against Burn.

It's even shocking he's fast when you consider his size grin
If only he had longer legs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 7:21am On Oct 17, 2022
afrodoc2:

He has decent speed without the ball but he is not actually fast dribbling with the ball the way say Saint Maximin or Adama Traore are.

No nah grin I think he was talking about pace off the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 8:18am On Oct 17, 2022
Leyqute:

Arteta wey dey chop like 5 goals steady from Liverpool whenever they meet. Was also losing to dem Brentford and co before.

Arsenal helped him get rid of some senior players and now he’s doing good.
Bros calm down na. grin
Are you mistaking Wenger and Emery with Arteta? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bisqit: 8:24am On Oct 17, 2022
Dem comot Ronaldo e dey ves. Wetin dey worry am

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 8:35am On Oct 17, 2022
bisqit:
Dem comot Ronaldo e dey ves. Wetin dey worry am

Fred was horrible in that game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 10:01am On Oct 17, 2022
Mrviktor:

Fred was horrible in that game
Who should have replaced Fred from our bench?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:01am On Oct 17, 2022
Jodera:
Bros calm down na. grin
Are you mistaking Wenger and Emery with Arteta? undecided

You don forget all the beating wey you chop for their hand in the league? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 10:18am On Oct 17, 2022
Leyqute:

You don forget all the beating wey you chop for their hand in the league? cheesy
Lol...
Beatings varies.
Arteta collecting 5 on a steady was what I wanted to point out that it's not true. Na only Arsene and Emery collect that scoreline From klopp/Liverpool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:43am On Oct 17, 2022
Antony should always pass the ball to a player in a better position and not try to find Ronaldo every time...I noticed a good number of times yesterday where he sought to find Ronaldo instead of a pass to another teammate...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Youngzero2(m): 10:44am On Oct 17, 2022
Abeg,who knows why the ref cancelled Ronaldo's goal yesterday.
The ref blew his whistle and the goal keeper played his spot kick before Ronaldo nipped in.
Wasn't it similar to the one nani scored against tottheham some years back?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Youngzero2(m): 10:49am On Oct 17, 2022
patrickmuf:
Antony to always pass the ball to a player in a better position and not try to find Ronaldo every time...I noticed a good number of times yesterday where he sought to find Ronaldo instead of a pass to another teammate...

I guess is him wanting the tag of Antony Ronaldo partnership trend.Maybe so the pull off another viral celebration grin
He should just stop looking for personal glory and play a normal game abeg.I was frustrated with some good openings he messed up, especially right before halftime, when he was trying to find a closely marked Ronaldo

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 11:03am On Oct 17, 2022
Youngzero2:
The ref blew his whistle and the goal keeper played his spot kick before Ronaldo nipped in.
The goalkeeper didn't touch the ball when the ball was passed to him. That was never a goal, plus the intention was that the it was the goalkeeper that will play the ball.

I would like to ask, when is a freekick supposed to be played? Is it Before, during or after the whistle have been blown?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:04am On Oct 17, 2022
patrickmuf:
Antony to always pass the ball to a player in a better position and not try to find Ronaldo every time...I noticed a good number of times yesterday where he sought to find Ronaldo instead of a pass to another teammate...

This is where CR7 interferes with the flow of the game through no fault of his own. It is obvious that Antony idolises the guy and is always trying to make him happy. Bruno does the same. Eriksen, Martial, Sancho are the 3 attacking players that i trust to make the right choice more often than not and find the open man.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 11:25am On Oct 17, 2022
Jodera:
The goalkeeper didn't touch the ball when the ball was passed to him. That was never a goal, plus the intention was that it was the goalkeeper that will play the ball.

I would like to ask, when is a free kick supposed to be played? Is it [b]Before, during, or after the whistle has been blown[/b]

I'm not sure if they have updated this rule BUT what I know is that penalty is the only set piece that requires a referee whistle.

You can take a quick free kick without the whistle all you need is the referee's permission either verbally or with his hands.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 11:31am On Oct 17, 2022
Youngzero2:

I don't think the initial freekick was legit as there was an issue of rolling ball and CR7 not bn 10 yards away.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Youngzero2(m): 11:35am On Oct 17, 2022
Jodera:
The goalkeeper didn't touch the ball when the ball was passed to him. That was never a goal, plus the intention was that the it was the goalkeeper that will play the ball.

I would like to ask, when is a freekick supposed to be played? Is it Before, during or after the whistle have been blown?

Yea, but the ref blew before the player passed to the keeper.
I think it was a case of Ronaldo playing to the whistle.These rules just dey confuse person
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Youngzero2(m): 11:37am On Oct 17, 2022
Expert17:

I don't think the initial freekick was legit as there was an issue of rolling ball and CR7 not bn 10 yards away.

Ok.Got it now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 11:38am On Oct 17, 2022
Kepa and De Gea fighting for World Cup involvement. cheesy

DDG has improved his ball-playing and sweeping skills.I was getting impressed until I remember that he's looking for a contract extension (which means upgrading his 375k/week pay). I hope we won't fall for this scam, he should be sold ASAP.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 11:45am On Oct 17, 2022
Expert17:

I'm not sure if they have updated this rule BUT what I know is that penalty is the only set piece that requires a referee whistle.

You can take a quick free kick without the whistle all you need is the referee's permission either verbally or with his hands.

True tho, but that ball was passed with the intention of the goalkeeper taking the fk. Schar would have easily passed it with his hands and it wouldn't have been a foul on Schar and Ronaldo wouldn't have done anything. The issue is arising because he chose to give the ball to the GK with legs for him to take the fk. So yeah, I think the refs made the right call. It would have been different if the GK touched or shifted the ball after the ref have blown
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 11:50am On Oct 17, 2022
Youngzero2:

Yea, but the ref blew before the player passed to the keeper.
I think it was a case of Ronaldo playing to the whistle.These rules just dey confuse person
Nah, Schar passed the ball during when the ref whistled. It was at almost same time both event(both kicking and whistling) happened. So it was normal that it was the GK that ought to take the fk. Whether Schar used his leg at that instant is immaterial cos he could have easily used his hands too and it wouldn't have been a foul cos the play wasn't ON
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 11:51am On Oct 17, 2022
Expert17:

DDG has improved his ball-playing and sweeping skills.I was getting impressed until I remember that he's looking for a contract extension (which means upgrading his 375k/week pay). I hope we won't fall for this scam, he should be sold ASAP.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 12:13pm On Oct 17, 2022
Expert17:

I am telling you that he will improve so much and become so proficient with his feet and coming off his line with precise timing that you'll be one of the ones clamoring that we give him an Mbappe-like contract that will run for seven years...

This I have seen along with our attacking combination being gue best in the world after the world cup.

This I have seen. Bookmark this page.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 12:26pm On Oct 17, 2022
zeusis:
Trevor012 why are you snubbing me?
I am waiting till the weekend after United have demolished your team at Old Trafford.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 12:29pm On Oct 17, 2022
kozmicity:

grin grin grin grin grin
Omo... He'll get better, you just watch
This is like saying the devil will repent and become friends with God.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 17, 2022
grin grin. Dejong should come to man u abeg. He needs a good career

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 17, 2022
Help me find one popular fraud in the list grin grin.i hope I'm not blind

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 1:12pm On Oct 17, 2022
odizeey:

You said this crop of players can't improve their creative abilities. So we should replace Bruno, Casemiro, Eriksen, Antony, Sancho, Rashford.

Okay. I get your point
Lmao why do y'all always do this. I said something, you said another thing. Tell me when I said this.

We won't improve with these same players from last season. We need an overhaul. And we've only gotten a few in, which is expected. It's funny you even added Antony, Eriksen and Casemiro just to push your narrative. Players I was pointing to as prove that we need additional signings like them.

We hired Ten Hag cuz we want to play a certain way. To improve we actually need to get to start playing that way. Unfortunately a lot of these players can't play that way. We can deny it all we want.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 1:13pm On Oct 17, 2022
Borntosmoke:
Help me find one popular fraud in the list grin grin.i hope I'm not blind
Hope you're not talking about the person with the highest number of that award. grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12440) (12441) (12442) (12443) (12444) (12445) (12446) ... (14213) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.