Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12524) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8747994 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12521) (12522) (12523) (12524) (12525) (12526) (12527) ... (14157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:07pm On Nov 02, 2022
ChristoBam:

You sigh Gakpo, the best striker you'll be getting is Moussa Dembele.
Why?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:08pm On Nov 02, 2022
patrickmuf:
I think people are saying we should prioritize a striker first...I don't think I have read anyone say they don't want Gakpo unless of course I missed it...
Is there some news about our transfer budget or how much the club is willing to spend in the next or 2 transfer windows?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 2:24pm On Nov 02, 2022
Expert17:

Martinez, Casemiro and DeGea's form will cover for Maguire. We still have Lindelof and Varane.

Who is your backup RW?
Who is the backup LW? Trashlanga and Scamcho? grin
Trashlanga and scamcho because you've found a new shiny toy lmao.

Rashford/Sancho will score 800 in that league. The quality of that league in recent years is pure shit. I'd even accept foreign talents playing there just for a while.

Fact is Gakpo is not that player to throwaway every other plans for. LW was never our priority. We might throw everything away when we find the next Mbappe. Definitely not Gakpo.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 2:28pm On Nov 02, 2022
eph12:

Is there some news about our transfer budget or how much the club is willing to spend in the next or 2 transfer windows?
Murtough -- "But it’s important to recognise that investment must always be sustainable, meaning that what we spend on players must be supported by revenues over the long-term. We ended the summer slightly ahead of where we expected to be in terms of the number of players brought in, so we don’t anticipate the same level of activity in future windows, although we will continue to strengthen.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cyberrex(m): 2:45pm On Nov 02, 2022
Expert17:

We have Lindelof, Martnez, and Maguire. Maguire will improve with the addition of Casemiro and the form of Shaw, Dalot, and DDG.

Any observant person will know that our weakest link this season is our CF and LW.

DDG has improved. our CB pairing is one of the best in the league and Martinez is the best CB in the world for me. Shaw and Dalot are on fire. Casemiro is the best DM in the world pairing with another excellent baller Eriksen and inform McTom. Antony can't stop scoring and Bruno always creates chances.

What can you say about our CF and LW positions?

I don't get u, you're hoping MAGUIRE!! Will improve but sancho can't, the only way we're going to get gakpo is if one of our LW leaves, actually 2 self and that would be elanga and sancho, if non leaves non will arrive, that's only argument you have but buying into an already choked position won't happen, we can only hope that if sancho doesn't improve the club cuts her loss on him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 2:53pm On Nov 02, 2022
Too much competition isn’t competition.

We have 4 right footed wingers, whether he’s better than all of them, we cannot actually say. He’s good but you can’t sign every player there is . A move to United won’t favor all the parties.He can go to Arsenal who have only martineli in his position.

We need players in more pressing areas.

We need a carrier of the ball (CMF), we need a striker and a competition for Dalot. Those are the pressing areas.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cyberrex(m): 2:55pm On Nov 02, 2022
ETH also asked for a RB during the summer (Dest I believe) but could not get him as a back up for Dalot even on loan because we have Wan Bísaka and also Brandon Williams dat could also play the position, our CB also includes both Tuanzebe and Jones on the payroll, Fact is we've all agreed these players are not our level but we can't get people into those positions unless the fringe players leaves, one of the things I'm hoping on from our future transfers is we should start clearing them(as early as January transfers window), won't mind wanbisaka and Tuanzebe leaving (Jones will only leave at the summer when his contract ends) we should start clamouring for the sale/release of those eating up space, u could get gakpo by loaning out elanga with a buy out option and so, the truth is with our recent games one thing has been missing even with the argument of our wingers doing less take ons and crosses, it's the fact that we're missing big chances (I wonder our we created them) half of which would have been scored by an out and out striker, so let's be logical with things

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cyberrex(m): 2:56pm On Nov 02, 2022
Botfuss:
Too much competition isn’t competition.

We have 4 right footed wingers, whether he’s better than all of them, we cannot actually say. He’s good but you can’t sign every player there is . A move to United won’t favor all the parties.He can go to Arsenal who have only martineli in his position.

We need players in more pressing areas.

We need a carrier of the ball (CMF), we need a striker and a competition for Dalot. Those are the pressing areas.

even with the fact that they are pressing positions, I doubt we would be able to get 2 or 1 self during the winter transfer unless we free our books
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:01pm On Nov 02, 2022
Cyberrex:

I don't get u, you're hoping MAGUIRE!! Will improve but sancho can't, the only way we're going to get gakpo is if one of our LW leaves, actually 2 self and that would be elanga and sancho, if non leaves non will arrive, that's only argument you have but buying into an already choked position won't happen, we can only hope that if sancho doesn't improve the club cuts her loss on him

Casemiro, DDG and Martinez will cover for Maguire (like in our last game).

Simple tracking back to help Shaw/Malacia Scamcho can't. Shaw has provided 2 great crosses that provided goals, what has Left winger- Scamcho done this season?

Fortunately, ETH has already identified Gakpo as his preferred target, so this arguments/discussion won't change anything.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 3:10pm On Nov 02, 2022
Cyberrex:
ETH also asked for a RB during the summer (Dest I believe) but could not get him as a back up for Dalot even on loan because we have Wan Bísaka and also Brandon Williams dat could also play the position, our CB also includes both Tuanzebe and Jones on the payroll, Fact is we've all agreed these players are not our level but we can't get people into those positions unless the fringe players leaves, one of the things I'm hoping on from our future transfers is we should start clearing them(as early as January transfers window), won't mind wanbisaka and Tuanzebe leaving (Jones will only leave at the summer when his contract ends) we should start clamouring for the sale/release of those eating up space, u could get gakpo by loaning out elanga with a buy out option and so, the truth is with our recent games one thing has been missing even with the argument of our wingers doing less take ons and crosses, it's the fact that we're missing big chances (I wonder our we created them) half of which would have been scored by an out and out striker, so let's be logical with things
Sancho has been in poor form for a while. Rashford has been used up front because we basically don't have a fit, prime striker. Contexts is important in everything.

We're a Dalot injury away from disaster. Erikson got sick and we got so lucky that Fred decided to be useful that day. Apart from that, Erikson is already showing signs of exhaustion. Again, he's not the ball progressor we need. Then there's the CB issue. Then the biggest of all, the striker issue. All of these on a limited budget.

Gakpo is the last thing any reasonable team in our situation would be thinking of.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 3:12pm On Nov 02, 2022
Expert17:

Simple tracking back to help Shaw/Malacia Scamcho can't. Shaw has provided 2 great crosses that provided goals, what has Left winger- Scamcho done this season?

Fortunately, ETH has already identified Gakpo as his preferred target, so this arguments/discussion won't change anything.
How does this even make sense to you?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 3:17pm On Nov 02, 2022
Our last game that we had to play a low block is the template going into next season?

Let's play Maguire in a high line, so we'll watch our new shiny toy Gakpo contend with Rashford, Sancho and Gernacho on the LW next season. undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2022
Gakpo was an alternative to Antony. We signed Antony and only Southampton was left in the race.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cyberrex(m): 3:30pm On Nov 02, 2022
ChristoBam:

Sancho has been in poor form for a while. Rashford has been used up front because we basically don't have a fit, prime striker. Contexts is important in everything.

We're a Dalot injury away from disaster. Erikson got sick and we got so lucky that Fred decided to be useful that day. Apart from that, Erikson is already showing signs of exhaustion. Again, he's not the ball progressor we need. Then there's the CB issue. Then the biggest of all, the striker issue. All of these on a limited budget.

Gakpo is the last thing any reasonable team in our situation would be thinking of.

even with the obvious priorities, we still won't get unless we free deadwoods, it is as simple as that

we can keep buying every and any player, some fans on twitter are even clamouring for J. Felix, like WTF!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cyberrex(m): 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2022
Expert17:

I doubt this, Maggie is one of the players we should start planning on letting go and finding is replacement

like dude made it quite difficult for us to play from the back, yes! he made some vital blocks (which I was happy for) but we won't be able to play according to ETH style is our CBs can get their stuffs together, it's a recipe for disaster

and hoping for player to cover for him, nah! he gets paid every week and I doubt he shares his pay with them
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:39pm On Nov 02, 2022
Cyberrex:

I doubt this, Maggie is one of the players we should start planning on letting go and finding is replacement

like dude made it quite difficult for us to play from the back, yes! he made some vital blocks (which I was happy for) but we won't be able to play according to ETH style is our CBs can get their stuffs together, it's a recipe for disaster

and hoping for player to cover for him, nah! he gets paid every week and I doubt he shares his pay with them

That Maguire statement was powered by agenda. His presence was the reason we couldn’t win our last game convincingly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:44pm On Nov 02, 2022