Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8691020 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12554) (12555) (12556) (12557) (12558) (12559) (12560) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:09pm On Nov 11, 2022
Leyqute:
Why would we want to renew Fred’s contract??

Nitrogen. Can you call your people to order?

cheesy cheesy Fred is doing well na. tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by teeshet: 6:13pm On Nov 11, 2022
Lisandro is going to the world cup
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by teeshet: 6:25pm On Nov 11, 2022
afrodoc2:

Have you been watching his games in the Championship? In terms of technical and physical attributes he is a better option to have on the bench. With Mejbri on the bench we can take Eriksen off in the 60th minute without radically changing our style of play the way we have to if it was Fred coming on.

There is no way you will know whether or not he is ready without giving him minutes. He will always be a bit of a hothead, but he has been fairly disciplined so far and keeps getting better with each game. There is no logical reason why Fred should be ahead of him by next season.
what happened to wanbisaka
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joebayo217: 8:33pm On Nov 11, 2022
Nobody should disrespect Fred he's one of the player I value in man u team unlike other trash player like rashford, Sancho, elanga, VDB,tominay, Ronaldo Maguire, lindelof
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:58pm On Nov 11, 2022
Erik ten Hag is trying to keep a lid on the hype surrounding Alejandro Garnacho, for instance, the winger still hasn't been allowed to move into the first-team dressing-room at Carrington. [@ChrisWheelerDM]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 10:00pm On Nov 11, 2022
Erik ten Hag on Aaron Wan-Bissaka: “He struggled as well. Some injuries, some illnesses, so was also often not available, but doesn't have a real big problem so it's about him [getting] really fit and to make competition with Diogo [Dalot] for the second half of the season.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 10:01pm On Nov 11, 2022
Erik ten Hag: “Brandon [Williams] wasn't available, [he had] a bad injury, and really struggled but he is in the right direction. He is in a good way, he is back on the pitch and he will return to team training next week.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 10:02pm On Nov 11, 2022
Erik ten Hag on Donny van de Beek: “I don't think a loan [makes] sense. It's either he fights [for] himself and proves himself, in this atmosphere in this environment, or he goes. But for me, there is still a way for him, there is still a perspective for him. It's not going to be easy because the competition there is really strong.”

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 10:04pm On Nov 11, 2022
Erik ten Hag on #mufc’s season so far: “We've made progress. I think one conclusion you can make is that the front line is a concern. I think we really made progress in the football, pressing, playing out from the back, attacking. But the final third, we have to improve.”

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 10:05pm On Nov 11, 2022
Erik ten Hag on Anthony Martial: “[It’s] quite clear, in my way of playing I like the type [of player] Antony Martial is, because he can hold the ball. He is [also] a target, he can link up, but he can also run behind. He has speed, he can finish, and he has good pressure [out of possession].”

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 10:07pm On Nov 11, 2022
Erik ten Hag: “I'm happy he [Martial] is now back and I hope he will be able to manage it and that he stays fit because he is an important part of the squad.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 10:08pm On Nov 11, 2022
#mufc will consider offers for Harry Maguire next summer, with Erik ten Hag intent on selling his captain to help fund a continuing overhaul of the squad. [@JamieJackson___]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 10:09pm On Nov 11, 2022
Erik ten Hag admires Harry Maguire’s professionalism but views his sluggish pace as a problem and wants to sell him to add true competition for Raphaël Varane and Lisandro Martínez and enhance the quality of the defence. [@JamieJackson___]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 10:11pm On Nov 11, 2022
Erik ten Hag is preparing to release Fred when the midfielder’s contract expires in June. #mufc have an option to extend his deal for another 12 months but this is not expected to be taken. [@JamieJackson___]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 10:12pm On Nov 11, 2022
Erik ten Hag has been impressed with Fred’s application and team ethic but is keen to overhaul the #mufc midfield. [@JamieJackson___]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 10:20pm On Nov 11, 2022
[talkSPORT] Wayne Rooney: "I just think the things Cristano Ronaldo has done from the start of the season is not acceptable for Manchester United. I've seen Roy Keane defend him, Roy wouldn't have accepted that at all. It's a distraction Manchester United don't need."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:45pm On Nov 11, 2022
Amad is doing well at Sunderland.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joebayo217: 10:54pm On Nov 11, 2022
Ellexy:
Erik ten Hag: “Brandon [Williams] wasn't available, [he had] a bad injury, and really struggled but he is in the right direction. He is in a good way, he is back on the pitch and he will return to team training next week.”
nice
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 11:27pm On Nov 11, 2022
Ellexy:
Erik ten Hag is preparing to release Fred when the midfielder’s contract expires in June. #mufc have an option to extend his deal for another 12 months but this is not expected to be taken. [@JamieJackson___]
Now we talking, i thought he wasn't seeing what we are seeing....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:04am On Nov 12, 2022
Oasis007:
Amad is doing well at Sunderland.

He has gotten better over the past couple of weeks after his initial struggles. Fernandez, Laird, Mejbri are doing even better. Overall, this is probably our best loanee season in a long while.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:06am On Nov 12, 2022
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:08am On Nov 12, 2022
teeshet:
what happened to wanbisaka

This was me in June. I told guys that ETH had already informed the club that he wanted no part of AWB.

afrodoc2:

According to the reliable outlets Ten Hag already informed the club weeks back that he wants no part of AWB. The club has been shopping AWB around for at least a month now but no buyers at reasonable fee so far.

The plan is for Dalot to stay. AWB leaves. If Laird does not impress during training they might activate the Dumfries move. Very unlikely that they would give Williams a chance at RB.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:18am On Nov 12, 2022
DeadPresidents:

I'm all for selling a bushmeat hunter like Fred. However, is Mejbri ready for the Premier League? Technique-wise, he's already miles above McFred but how about his temperament?

I'm all for selling Fred once Mejbri has been blooded in and has become a squad regular.

If we are waiting for Mejbri's temperament to turn to SU or Deeper Life, we will be waiting for 50yrs. He has withstood the physical challenges of the Championship fairly well in terms of being physically up to the task and also not retaliating.

He will always be a bit of a hothead but i think he should be recalled next season. Another plan could be to extend his contract and then loan him to a premier league side. The problem is that if McFred remain our options on the bench whenever Casemiro/Eriksen get injured or go through poor form we will continue struggling in the league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 12, 2022
Ellexy:
The only man that have small edge to bench Shaw. He is also good in attack and defends

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:51am On Nov 12, 2022
Borntosmoke:

The only man that have small edge to bench Shaw. He is also good in attack and defends
4rm d alarm u raised last time, thank God u're safe now...

Wetin happen b4?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Blake755: 11:38am On Nov 12, 2022
Ellexy:
#mufc will consider offers for Harry Maguire next summer, with Erik ten Hag intent on selling his captain to help fund a continuing overhaul of the squad. [@JamieJackson___]
Best news so far cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2022
These Man City U-18 players are just playing with our players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 1:40pm On Nov 12, 2022
Ellexy:
Doc I doubt Hannibal is in anyway ready for the first team from what I've seen. He still needs a lot of improvement from tactical discipline to mental discipline.
if he's already better than Fred, then he should replace Fred on the bench as his contract expires while Iqbal goes out on loan. it will also mean Erikson can get the much needed breather regularly. tactical discipline will come with game time. his mentality is already strong enough.
Iqbal can also stay to take DVB spot when he's inevitably sold next summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 1:58pm On Nov 12, 2022
Ellexy:
Erik ten Hag on Donny van de Beek: “I don't think a loan [makes] sense. It's either he fights [for] himself and proves himself, in this atmosphere in this environment, or he goes. But for me, there is still a way for him, there is still a perspective for him. It's not going to be easy because the competition there is really strong.”

What you should take from this comment is what I've been echoing here ever since

He'll get his chance and that's fair enough because whether y'all believe it or not, VDB is coming cool

Read between the lines

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheSourcerer: 2:35pm On Nov 12, 2022
kozmicity:

grin grin grin
hi hello, this is a reminder for you to smile , trust me it helps, you’re doing alright buddy , it’ll be alright you’ll seesmiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2022
LostMyZeal:

What you should take from this comment is what I've been echoing here ever since

He'll get his chance and that's fair enough because whether y'all believe it or not, VDB is coming cool

Read between the lines

Amen... My Bruno needs to rest a bit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 2:43pm On Nov 12, 2022
TheSourcerer:
hi hello, this is a reminder for you to smile , trust me it helps, you’re doing alright buddy , it’ll be alright you’ll seesmiley

Thanks for checking up on me. Things being rough nearly made me lose my smile... But normally, we get strong head cheesy grin

You too, keep being you bro... You're an amazing person. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12554) (12555) (12556) (12557) (12558) (12559) (12560) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.