Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,418 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13024) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8750150 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13021) (13022) (13023) (13024) (13025) (13026) (13027) ... (14157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:40pm On Mar 02, 2023
main24:

Okay sir.

Good.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:45pm On Mar 02, 2023
Fans criticise Dan James, Elanga, McTom, Perreira, Maguire taya. You think say dey no wan improve?

Garnacho is 18. Most of his age mates across the country are not smelling first team in the top sides.

He is actually ahead of schedule but he will still make more mistakes now and again.

Let his team mates and coaches give him harsh criticism in their controlled settings.

Luckily the boy has nerves of steel, because harsh criticism from fans does nothing but crush the confidence of youth/young players.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 12:53pm On Mar 02, 2023
main24:

lol, what does he need to implement in his play style to show he is learning??
You mean he's the finished player. Nice. E don finish for am be that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 12:55pm On Mar 02, 2023
afrodoc2:

Dey whine yourself.

Garnacho is not improving because of fan criticism.

He is improving because he is an 18yr old extremely talented player with a high ceiling who has a very good coaching staff and is playing with quality senior players.

He was always going to improve with or without your criticism. This is why the fan criticism was unwarranted.

Main is just trying to justify his unwarranted attacks at Garnacho. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 1:00pm On Mar 02, 2023
LostMyZeal:

Oh, wait... shocked

Mou didn't do better than OLE?!

Please repeat that again make I check something

Some of una no fear God one bit grin
MOURINHO DIDN'T DO BETTER THAN OLE IN THE PL AND CL DURING THEIR RESPECTIVE STAY HERE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:02pm On Mar 02, 2023
odizeey:

Main is just trying to justify his unwarranted attacks at Garnacho. cheesy

Leave am. I no go allow am drink water drop cup. 😂
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 1:09pm On Mar 02, 2023
afrodoc2:

Leave am. I no go allow am drink water drop cup. 😂
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 1:12pm On Mar 02, 2023
TeslaFC:

Won’t necessarily call Anthony wasteful though. As it stands, he’s the only left-footed natural right-winger we have and can be a nuisance to the opposition occasionally.

All he needs is a tough competition and I’m certain we can get the best out of him. Greenwood might provide that.

He's so wasteful..

He doesn't add power when he shoots.
He doesn't beat his man.
One he beats d man. He will stop nd wait for the defender to recover so he can dribble again. Which is always annoying.. Na him type dey get better highlight for YouTube but no end product..

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 1:13pm On Mar 02, 2023
Anyways another.

Erik.. Rash.. Win loading.

Manager nd player of the month.. Make una go vote

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 1:13pm On Mar 02, 2023
Hope martial would be available for Liverpool game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 1:15pm On Mar 02, 2023
Who's better

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 1:18pm On Mar 02, 2023
odizeey:

You mean he's the finished player. Nice. E don finish for am be that

I actually stopped quoting you before now because most of your arguments has no facts or keynotes I can learn from.
While you enjoy those kind of banter, I don't. I come here to post stuffs from my delusional brain, ask questions, get feedback from diverging
arguments from mine and I learn from them.

I don't concern myself with who wins or loses an argument. I just want to learn from other's different way of thinking.

All that being said, let me ask my question again:
What does Antony need to implement in his style of play to show he is learning?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MikaelDare(m): 1:31pm On Mar 02, 2023
Leyqute:

It's not wise to overdo the rotation. Varane, Martinez, Shaw, Rashford, Casemiro are already out. Plus goalkeeping is not as tasking as being an outfield player.
The question is what happens if he gets injured or suspended?
Isn't it same keepers he is refusing to field for small matches now that will have to step up.
My point is the other keepers should be given a chance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 1:33pm On Mar 02, 2023
afrodoc2:
Fans criticise Dan James, Elanga, McTom, Perreira, Maguire taya. You think say dey no wan improve?

Garnacho is 18. Most of his age mates across the country are not smelling first team in the top sides.

He is actually ahead of schedule but he will still make more mistakes now and again.

Let his team mates and coaches give him harsh criticism in their controlled settings.

Luckily the boy has nerves of steel, because harsh criticism from fans does nothing but crush the confidence of youth/young players.

Afrodoc2, I said Okay to your previous comment because looking at it from one side of the view you are right.

Maybe Garnacho's style of play would have improve with or without the criticism. True that.

But that does not mean if he has another terrible day I won't criticize him. grin

Anyone that does poorly should be criticized.

There is no exception to this rule sir.

At least that's how my delusional brain thinks. You may differ sir.
It's okay to have different opinion.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 1:39pm On Mar 02, 2023
MikaelDare:

Isn't it same keepers he is refusing to field for small matches now that will have to step up.

You have a great point there, but what if ETH feels the other keepers are not yet what he wants?

I think giving Maguire and Elanga play time shows ETH gives anyone committed (at least to his taste) chance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 1:39pm On Mar 02, 2023
main24:

I actually stopped quoting you before now because most of your arguments has no facts or keynotes I can learn from.
While you enjoy those kind of banter, I don't. I come here to post stuffs from my delusional brain, ask questions, get feedback from diverging
arguments from mine and I learn from them.

I don't concern myself with who wins or loses an argument. I just want to learn from other's different way of thinking.

All that being said, let me ask my question again:
What does Antony need to implement in his style of play to show he is learning?

For you to ask me this question means your mind is made up and your brain is delusional as you rightly said.

I won't quote you again.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:15pm On Mar 02, 2023
main24:

Afrodoc2, I said Okay to your previous comment because looking at it from one side of the view you are right.

Maybe Garnacho's style of play would have improve with or without the criticism. True that.

But that does not mean if he has another terrible day I won't criticize him. grin

Anyone that does poorly should be criticized.

There is no exception to this rule sir.

At least that's how my delusional brain thinks. You may differ sir.
It's okay to have different opinion.

I am not against criticism but when you say harsh criticism is always justified, that’s where I disagree.

Criticism especially for young players should always be measured. You should not tackle teenage players the way you would adult men with years of experience and psychological development.

For one, more should be expected from a senior player compared to an academy age player.
Secondly, the adult player is more likely to withstand such criticism than a young player whose mates are still playing Under-18 football.

The aim of criticism is to improve players not crush them. If you give our other young players (not named Garnacho) the McFred treatment most of them will crumble.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by maik99(m): 2:45pm On Mar 02, 2023
odizeey:

I no even know. I just dey hear the word up and down. cheesy

😂😂
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eyezik3(m): 2:49pm On Mar 02, 2023
Ten Hag: “This team hates losing. When it looked like they were going to lose, they stepped up the tempo. They fight and find ways to win. We have seen today an example of it, so I'm happy with that.”

on Wout Weghorst: “I think he was one of the best players on the pitch.”

on Alejandro Garnacho: “I said to him before the game ‘You show you can come on as a sub and have an impact, now you have to show as a starter you can have an impact’ - I think he showed that today.”

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eyezik3(m): 2:51pm On Mar 02, 2023
🗞 Erik ten Hag wants to make at least two significant signings at Manchester United this summer, with Victor Osimhen and Ajax's Mohammed Kudus among his targets.

[MEN]

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eyezik3(m): 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2023
Erik ten Hag and Marcus Rashford could win #PL Manager & Player of the month awards together for the second time this season 👀
📥@Manchester_Utdfc

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 3:32pm On Mar 02, 2023
afrodoc2:

I am not against criticism but when you say harsh criticism is always justified, that’s where I disagree.

Criticism especially for young players should always be measured. You should not tackle teenage players the way you would adult men with years of experience and psychological development.

For one, more should be expected from a senior player compared to an academy age player.
Secondly, the adult player is more likely to withstand such criticism than a young player whose mates are still playing Under-18 football.

The aim of criticism is to improve players not crush them. If you give our other young players (not named Garnacho) the McFred treatment most of them will crumble.
Good points.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:59pm On Mar 02, 2023
MikaelDare:

How many keepers get injured and/or suspended in a season?

The risk is minimal with DDG.

You don’t want to rest all of your main players vs a team like West Ham, especially when your bench are not that reliable.

Even after resting Casemiro, he had to bring him in at HT because Scott was terrible.

No be everything we go dey complain about.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 6:15pm On Mar 02, 2023
Leyqute:

How many keepers get injured and/or suspended in a season?

The risk is minimal with DDG.

You don’t want to rest all of your main players vs a team like West Ham, especially when your bench are not that reliable.

Even after resting Casemiro, he had to bring him in at HT because Scott was terrible.

No be everything we go dey complain about.
de Gea made a couple of crazy saves. I'm not sure Heaton could have done that.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TeslaFC: 6:39pm On Mar 02, 2023
eyezik3:
🗞 Erik ten Hag wants to make at least two significant signings at Manchester United this summer, with Victor Osimhen and Ajax's Mohammed Kudus among his targets.

[MEN]

Quality signings if it happens.

Hope some player-doctors can be offloaded so we don’t have to do PowerPoint presentations to Glazers for us to get a Casemiro sub in the transfer window.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TeslaFC: 6:41pm On Mar 02, 2023
MikaelDare:

Yes, they should be given a chance, but not in a high stakes match against West Ham. That’s too risky.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TeslaFC: 6:47pm On Mar 02, 2023
Mrviktor:

He's so wasteful..

He doesn't add power when he shoots.
He doesn't beat his man.
One he beats d man. He will stop nd wait for the defender to recover so he can dribble again. Which is always annoying.. Na him type dey get better highlight for YouTube but no end product..

These things will be improved upon. ETH was the one who really wanted him and it’s evident why he did.

And also factor in that everyone already agreed that we overpaid, so if your expectation of him is to satisfy the £100m, that’s too high.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 6:53pm On Mar 02, 2023
akwesenana:
de Gea made a couple of crazy saves. I'm not sure Heaton could have done that.

DDG on his good days makes superb saves.
It will be difficult to replicate that with another keeper at the moment.

And the team still makes silly mistakes, which means the keeper is still a huge part of Man U's success for now.
Once we get to that stage where little contribution is required from the keeper, rotation will be great.

Meanwhile, has anyone noticed DDG has started taking baby steps playing from the back. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:56pm On Mar 02, 2023
TeslaFC:

These things will be improved upon. ETH was the one who really wanted him and it’s evident why he did.

And also factor in that everyone already agreed that we overpaid, so if your expectation of him is to satisfy the £100m, that’s too high.
We never paid £100 million for Antony..

It's £86 Million jare.. Meh una dey talk true sometimes.

It was €100 million
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 6:58pm On Mar 02, 2023
TeslaFC:

True that.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 7:17pm On Mar 02, 2023
main24:

DDG on his good days makes superb saves.
It will be difficult to replicate that with another keeper at the moment.

And the team still makes silly mistakes, which means the keeper is still a huge part of Man U's success for now.
Once we get to that stage where little contribution is required from the keeper, rotation will be great.

Meanwhile, has anyone noticed DDG has started taking baby steps playing from the back. grin
He shouldnt try that with maguirelof. Better still, Eth shouldnt attempt to start that pair again.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 7:25pm On Mar 02, 2023
akwesenana:
He shouldnt try that with maguirelof. Better still, Eth shouldnt attempt to start that pair again.

😁😂🤣

(1) (2) (3) ... (13021) (13022) (13023) (13024) (13025) (13026) (13027) ... (14157) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.