Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,691 members, 7,813,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8692382 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13296) (13297) (13298) (13299) (13300) (13301) (13302) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:55pm On Jun 10, 2023
ChristoBam:

Not every single player in the squad has to fit a certain style.But I even believe Rashford fits any style of play. Might just need to switch some things up, depending on the roles and expectation. The Rashford y'all slander, Pep would take in an heartbeat.

If Antony had always been at United and had no prior links to Ten Hag/Ajax, you'd swear he can't survive a Ten Hag clearout.

When we actually start attempting to play ETH's style of football, we'll know who is who.
Alright
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:59pm On Jun 10, 2023
ChristineC:
you'd seriously sell Rashford if you were in charge of this team after the season he just had?
No! He offers something different.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:04pm On Jun 10, 2023
The Glazers are not in charge of player negotiation. Speaking about the slow pace of our transfer activity is not the same as confronting the CEO. There are subtle comments one can make here and there and those in charge of that activity will get it. There are people employed to manage our transfer activities
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:15pm On Jun 10, 2023
The posts I'm reading from Treblechamp this morning are confusing, and to be frank, bit concerning.

You want ETH to blame the board and complain publicly about the slow speed of transfer targets. Everyday.

If he doesn't do this, it's his fault that we're not making headway in the transfer market.

At the same time, you believe nobody should blame the board- which you called useless- for new player signings and contract extensions.

Isn't that their jobbbbb?

How will you ask United fans not to blame the "useless board" for something that you want ETH to castigate them for in public?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:19pm On Jun 10, 2023
eph12:
The Glazers are not in charge of player negotiation. Speaking about the slow pace of our transfer activity is not the same as confronting the CEO. There are subtle comments one can make here and there and those in charge of that activity will get it. There are people employed to manage our transfer activities

The truth is those people are employed by the Gzs.

Those employees been at the club for decades. And the Gzs are doing nothing to replace them with capable hands - EVEN AFTER several managers have complained (privately and publicly) about their incompetence.

Kokoro to n j'efo...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:36pm On Jun 10, 2023
Leyqute:

The truth is those people are employed by the Gzs.

Those employees been at the club for decades. And the Gzs are doing nothing to replace them with capable hands - EVEN AFTER several managers have complained (privately and publicly) about their incompetence.

Kokoro to n j'efo...
I don't think something like "I'm confident in the ability of the club to land me my transfer targets before the start of the preseason. Everyone at the club know what's at stake and are extra motivated to do everything possible to make this club the best club in the country once again" is such a bad thing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 1:53pm On Jun 10, 2023
Leyqute:

Your anger is misdirected.

Who am i angry at?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 1:55pm On Jun 10, 2023
eph12:
I just tire ooh, message was well worded yet they think i want him to criticise the owners and the board...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 2:11pm On Jun 10, 2023
Leyqute:
The posts I'm reading from Treble.champ this morning are confusing, and to be frank, bit concerning.

You want ETH to blame the board and complain publicly about the slow speed of transfer targets. Everyday.

If he doesn't do this, it's his fault that we're not making headway in the transfer market.

At the same time, you believe nobody should blame the board- which you called useless- for new player signings and contract extensions.

Isn't that their jobbbbb?

How will you ask United fans not to blame the "useless board" for something that you want ETH to castigate them for in public?

Show me where i said he should blame the board? If you are giving a job to do without the appropriate tools, would asking your employers to get you this tools, and reminding them of the tools when they are slow to provide them constitute blaming your employers? We all agree the board is uselessly slow to do deals, the manager coming out to show his fraustarion for lack of transfer activity now mean he is fighting or criticising the club? Okay make all of us keep quiet and enjoy the show.
And no, you cannot blame the owners for players signing unless their is concrete proof they didn't release money. Signing players is the responsibility of the board (Murtough) and Ten Hag, and if they Glaziers don't release money Ten Hag should show his disappointment cos it is his job that would be on the line...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 2:22pm On Jun 10, 2023
Need Eth to enjoy his summer holiday abeg so he can be fresh for next season. Let the administrative personnel earn their pay.

Besides, until the sale happens, there’s no assurance of a transfer budget. That’s why Eth is mad fringe players like Maguire are stubbornly refusing transfers to bolster our coffers.

Nothing to see here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2023
Pep will make it a treble later tonight...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:21pm On Jun 10, 2023
TrebleChamp:
I just tire ooh, message was well worded yet they think i want him to criticise the owners and the board...
There are ways we handle these kind of politics in our different offices. Politics is played everywhere. You don't have to be abusive or confrontational before you pass your message or apply pressure on whoever needs it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dreamxhaser: 3:23pm On Jun 10, 2023
TrebleChamp:
Pep will make it a treble later tonight...

God forbid bad thing

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:52pm On Jun 10, 2023
eph12:

I don't think something like "I'm confident in the ability of the club to land me my transfer targets before the start of the preseason. Everyone at the club know what's at stake and are extra motivated to do everything possible to make this club the best club in the country once again" is such a bad thing.
Could you elaborate?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2023
Leyqute:

Could you elaborate?
If this was a statement from ETH, I don't think anyone should see it as dragging his "bosses"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:11pm On Jun 10, 2023
TrebleChamp:
Show me where i said he should blame the board? If you are giving a job to do without the appropriate tools, would asking your employers to get you this tools, and reminding them of the tools when they are slow to provide them constitute blaming your employers? We all agree the board is uselessly slow to do deals, the manager coming out to show his fraustarion for lack of transfer activity now mean he is fighting or criticising the club? Okay make all of us keep quiet and enjoy the show.
And no, you cannot blame the owners for players signing unless their is concrete proof they didn't release money. Signing players is the responsibility of the board (Murtough) and Ten Hag, and if they Glaziers don't release money Ten Hag should show his disappointment cos it is his job that would be on the line...

There's no need for story.

Why do you think United's transfers is in shambles?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:18pm On Jun 10, 2023
eph12:

If this was a statement from ETH, I don't think anyone should see it as dragging his "bosses"

How many times have managers said they're confident and then we'll spend the whole window eating rumors only to sign 2-3 new players once the new season debuts?

It's like you don't know the people you're dealing with o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:47pm On Jun 10, 2023
Leyqute:

How many times have managers said they're confident and then we'll spend the whole window eating rumors only to sign 2-3 new players once the new season debuts?

It's like you don't know the people you're dealing with o.
You're not getting the point.

Its a way of saying I'm not comfortable with the current situation and need some action in a pleasant tone. Whether it yields some result is a different topic but that's how you play the office politics
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:05pm On Jun 10, 2023
eph12:

You're not getting the point.

Its a way of saying I'm not comfortable with the current situation and need some action in a pleasant tone. Whether it yields some result is a different topic but that's how you play the office politics

I got the point you were expressing earlier. My point is that there’s nothing he could say- in a nice, threatening way or whatever, that will improve things.

The onus is on the admin to do their jobs. And going by the last decade, they’ve proven to be incompetent. Can you guess who they answer to?

Every United fan knows there’s a problem with United’s transfers. The only people who seem to be oblivious of this are the culprits themselves and their employers.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:09pm On Jun 10, 2023
You are almost tempted to think that United are the ones inflating player prices sef. We thought Gakpo cost like 80m. Liverpool got him for cheaper.

United just loves throwing money at players when they don’t seem to be worth it. It’s as if the Glazers are running a money laundering ring in that club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:27pm On Jun 10, 2023
Leyqute:

I got the point you were expressing earlier. My point is that there’s nothing he could say- in a nice, threatening way or whatever, that will improve things.

The onus is on the admin to do their jobs. And going by the last decade, they’ve proven to be incompetent. Can you guess who they answer to?

Every United fan knows there’s a problem with United’s transfers. The only people who seem to be oblivious of this are the culprits themselves and their employers.
This is about saving his own face because he will be sacked when things go south
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Blake755: 6:47pm On Jun 10, 2023
🚨🔴BREAKING NEWS:

After Premier League officials, UEFA has expressed its concern about the sale of the club.

Leaders of UEFA have asked #mufc board to resolve the issue of club ownership. Otherwise, the club will not be allowed to participate in European competitions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2023
Wetin be this

😭😭😭

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 10, 2023
Inter God bless u. We defend till death.. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 10, 2023
The confidence of this camerron keeper is out of this world grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:37pm On Jun 10, 2023
I want Inter Milan to win tonight, but i can help but feel City will make it a treble this season..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by gameboy727(m): 8:37pm On Jun 10, 2023
This match take style boring sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 8:39pm On Jun 10, 2023
#TrashfordOUT
#TrashlangaOUT
#TrashHagOUT
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 8:55pm On Jun 10, 2023
gameboy727:
The match boring cos City no score within 15 seconds abi?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by metodman(m): 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2023
gameboy727:

Yes it is boring. Inter is frustrating City and trying to stop them from playing their game. They are doing well, in terms of that, but I just think they lack any attacking bite. Their final third passes and decisions have let them down so far.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Blake755: 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2023
𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋: Youri Tielemans joins Aston Villa as free agent on four year contract from Leicester 🟣🔵✨

How do you rate this free signing? 🇧🇪
Man u should keep monitoring at the end the will over pay
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:04pm On Jun 10, 2023
Blake755:
𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋: Youri Tielemans joins Aston Villa as free agent on four year contract from Leicester 🟣🔵✨

How do you rate this free signing? 🇧🇪
Man u should keep monitoring at the end the will over pay
Good signing for Villa imo. We should be able to get Maddison for cheap, but this is United after all..

(1) (2) (3) ... (13296) (13297) (13298) (13299) (13300) (13301) (13302) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.