Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,529 members, 7,850,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:25 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8838589 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13329) (13330) (13331) (13332) (13333) (13334) (13335) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:42pm On Jun 29, 2023
afrodoc:

Very good article. It would have been nice if he had added DDG’s stats for comparison in order to give more context.

I saw a YouTube video where a guy did this exactly. Been looking for it for days. I'll mention you when I see it again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:45pm On Jun 29, 2023
Leyqute:

What about Haaland and Kalvin Phillips?

Instead of taking a Bird's eye view, you guys will latch onto the narrowest evidence that suits your view and beat it to the fullest.

Haaland was a star many teams wanted and was getable yet City paid his release clause. Many even said he will not cope with EPL style and not EPL tested

Some even feared and doubted that he was the type of Pep striker like this poster below
Leyqute:
I doubt Pep will buy Haaland though. He’s not his kind of striker.

Some even said Alvarez was better suited to City play like this guy below
Leyqute:
Hot take: Julian Alvarez makes City play better than Erling Haaland does.

True or false?
So if Haaland had flopped they will say, See I told you this guy is not EPL, Man City or Pep material, Now the story has changed

Kalvin Phillips was in the league, spent many years at Leeds. how many of you advocated for signing him? Any top team would have signed Kalvin Philips easily but none did

Same with Ake, when City paid for him, Many fans of other clubs were happy and laughed at the idea. Now Ake is a desired star

The mediocre players no one want will suddenly become top stars the moment Pep signs them

The reverse is what happens when City now release those stars like Sterling Jesus Delph to other clubs, the so called world class stars start getting curses that they are mediocre

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:14pm On Jun 29, 2023
raumdeuter:

Haaland was a star many teams wanted and was getable yet City paid his release clause. Many even said he will not cope with EPL style and not EPL tested

Some even feared and doubted that he was the type of Pep striker like this poster below

So if Haaland had flopped they will say, See I told you this guy is not EPL, Man City or Pep material, Now the story has changed

Kalvin Phillips was in the league, spent many years at Leeds. how many of you advocated for signing him? Any top team would have signed Kalvin Philips easily but none did

Same with Ake, when City paid for him, Many fans of other clubs were happy and laughed at the idea. Now Ake is a desired star

The mediocre players no one want will suddenly become top stars the moment Pep signs them

The reverse is what happens when City now release those stars like Sterling Jesus Delph to other clubs, the so called world class stars start getting curses that they are mediocre

Lol. See this guy. We were discussing City’s last season transfer and you filled everywhere with unnecessary shalaye.

At the beginning of last season, tell me…

Who would you prefer as a backup to Kimmich, Fred or Kalvin Phillips?

Who would you prefer as your main striker, Haaland or Choupo-Mo’daran?

If Garnacho was for sale, this season, would you buy him or not?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2023
United has reached an agreement with Chelsea for Mason Mount. £55m +5m.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by andrewbaba44: 4:51pm On Jun 29, 2023
So mount don join Man U ? cheesy cheesy

Chelsea really win for this transfer window

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 4:51pm On Jun 29, 2023
toluxe0075:
Once Guardiola signs an overlooked or average player and the player turns out to be very important to his winnings, everyone will be begin to state how they always knew the player was talented and nothing out of the ordinary. But if it was their club that was linked to that player, all hell will let loose. They will know the player is not good enough. grin
All of a sudden, Akanji was a superstar before signing for city. They’ve always known about Alvarez talent before City signed him. Funny people grin
I can see a lot of you can't imagine people actually knew how good Akanji was before his move. Just shows all y'all do mostly when it comes to football is argue non-stop.

Even ordinary YouTubers like Mark Goldbridge were releasing like 2 videos everyday raving about Akanji and how we're interested in signing him. Rangnick was 100% interested in him last year January and we'd have gotten him if we had competent people in charge.

Btwn, no one ever called Akanji a superstar when he was signed. Don't play dumb. He was a top talent in his club. Y'all spewing nonsense like an average player will reject contract in a club like Dortmund for a move to a tier one club. Y'all want to paint Pep like one messiah so y'all are trying to paint all his signings as bums before he signed them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 4:52pm On Jun 29, 2023
raumdeuter:

You are 100% correct.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 4:54pm On Jun 29, 2023
We actually paid £55m for Mount undecided..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 4:54pm On Jun 29, 2023
Leyqute:
United has reached an agreement with Chelsea for Mason Mount. £55m +5m.

This guy just latch on to Breaking News. Orstein is the person that that announced the news first. Thats why i dont take this Romano seriously
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pegasus01: 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2023
Done.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
raumdeuter:

Sterling was already a bum before his move.
Jesus even performed better at Arsenal than he did at his previous season at City. So did Zinchenko.
And Delph? 😏

Pep's probably the best manager in the world right now. No one's arguing that. No need for all these extra Jara sprinkled with distorted facts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
Terrible news. Not at all happy with the Mount signing..

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
CapitalCee:

This guy just latch on to Breaking News. Orstein is the person that that announced the news first. Thats why i dont take this Romano seriously
Right now I rate Orstein higher.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ItisHi: 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
CrystalTiger:
We actually paid £55m £60m for Mount undecided..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:00pm On Jun 29, 2023
CapitalCee:

Yup.

Ornstein announced it first. But Romano has a bigger following.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
CapitalCee:

Ornstein announces just a few major transfers while Romano seems to do every single transfer even academy signings. It doesnt have to be one or the other. You can follow both.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
CapitalCee:

There are so many exclusive transfers that Romano breaks first and no one attacks Ornstein. Whenever Ornstein does, they call Romano a fraud, I wonder why.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:05pm On Jun 29, 2023
Leyqute:

Yup.

Ornstein announced it first. But Romano has a bigger following.

Romano is the Inzaghi of transfer news. Legendary tap in merchant. The guy don use Here we go bobo everybody. grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:07pm On Jun 29, 2023
MRTA7:

Ornstein announces just a few major transfers while Romano seems to do every single transfer even academy signings. It doesnt have to be one or the other. You can follow both.

They are both authentic. I think people feel that sometimes Romano taps in a few transfers sha.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:10pm On Jun 29, 2023
ChristoBam:

Sterling was already a bum before his move.
Jesus even performed better at Arsenal than he did at his previous season at City. So did Zinchenko.
And Delph? 😏

Pep's probably the best manager in the world right now. No one's arguing that. No need for all these extra Jara sprinkled with distorted facts.

Sterling was already a bum? In the league this season Sterling has 9 g/a.

The below are his league g/a per season before this one
So when was he already a bum? Which season?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 5:11pm On Jun 29, 2023
CrystalTiger:
We actually paid £55m for Mount undecided..

I am not an advocate of reckless spending, and I hardly endorse players at the get go, but £55m for mount is not too much in this market. He is 24 and and English international hence more money. Last season city bought Kalvin Philips for 50m and he is not better than Mount by my assessment.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:12pm On Jun 29, 2023
Nice one. Now Chelshit have the money to buy Caicedo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2023
Culer:
Top what?! Lol, dude stop capping. akanji was a nobody.
You think a business club like Dortmund would sell a top player for just €17m? (Yes, city acquired him for €17m!!)
Akanji was just an average CB who Dortmund were willing to move on because they had gotten better CBs at the time.

Lmao. Pep dey make EPL fans hype 'Burndisleaguedown' products. What a guy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obonujoker(m): 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2023
BREAKING: Manchester United agree £60m package deal for Mason Mount with Chelsea — it’s done, here we go! 🚨🔴 #MUFC

Personal terms agreed weeks ago and face to face talks between clubs made it clear: the agreement is done.

Mount becomes Utd player — they NEVER left the race.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:14pm On Jun 29, 2023
ChristoBam:

I can see a lot of you can't imagine people actually knew how good Akanji was before his move. Just shows all y'all do mostly when it comes to football is argue non-stop.

Even ordinary YouTubers like Mark Goldbridge were releasing like 2 videos everyday raving about Akanji and how we're interested in signing him. Rangnick was 100% interested in him last year January and we'd have gotten him if we had competent people in charge.

Btwn, no one ever called Akanji a superstar when he was signed. Don't play dumb. He was a top talent in his club. Y'all spewing nonsense like an average player will reject contract in a club like Dortmund for a move to a tier one club. Y'all want to paint Pep like one messiah so y'all are trying to paint all his signings as bums before he signed them.

Average players move to tier 1 clubs all the time

Sergio Gomez, Stefan Ortega are examples who moved to Man City last season

Akanji was already down in the pecking order at Dortmund the moment they signed Sule and Scholotterbeck, he was fighting for 3rd choice with Hummels. How he became a top defender and one of the regular at a treble club is magic

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 5:18pm On Jun 29, 2023
afrodoc:

Nice one. Now Chelshit have the money to buy Caicedo.

Is it a guarantee Caicedo will suceed at Chelsea if they buy him?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:19pm On Jun 29, 2023
Leyqute:

Lol. See this guy. We were discussing City’s last season transfer and you filled everywhere with unnecessary shalaye.

At the beginning of last season, tell me…

Who would you prefer as a backup to Kimmich, Fred or Kalvin Phillips?

Who would you prefer as your main striker, Haaland or Choupo-Mo’daran?

If Garnacho was for sale, this season, would you buy him or not?

Garnacho for which role?

Fred and Kalvin Phillips do not play the same role. Kalvin Phillips is a DM like Casemiro. Fred is more of a CM or B2B. So if you are asking me who will I take as backup for our DM, A DM or a B2B? I will take a DM
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:26pm On Jun 29, 2023
Leyqute:

With those follow come receipts, any sane mind sabi who dey shalaye!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 5:30pm On Jun 29, 2023
CapitalCee:

Is it a guarantee Caicedo will suceed at Chelsea if they buy him?

Let's see how much Chelsea pay, if they eventually sign him.

I personally do not subscribe to the 80m being bandied about for Caicedo but if the blues are able to get him at a relatively cut price (akin the the McAllister - Liverpool deal), then this our Mount purchase would look somehow...

Las las, Mount na our player now and we can only hope that he adds the required value to the team....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 5:32pm On Jun 29, 2023
raumdeuter:

Average players move to tier 1 clubs all the time

Sergio Gomez, Stefan Ortega are examples who moved to Man City last season

Akanji was already down in the pecking order at Dortmund the moment they signed Sule and Scholotterbeck, he was fighting for 3rd choice with Hummels. How he became a top defender and one of the regular at a treble club is magic
See I no dey for all these endless arguments wey una go dey internationally ignore the major points.

How's the signing of a back up keeper and Gomez the same thing as an Akanji that had Manchester United and City interested in him. Man rejected contract offers because he wanted to move to a top club. Everyone knew his worth.

He wasn't fighting for his place because of performance. He was fighting for his place because of he was at odds with the club due to his contract situation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 5:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
I still need an explanation as to how Mounts improves our ball retention in certain games next season.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2023
AdisaOwala:

Let's see how much Chelsea pay, if they eventually sign him.

I personally do not subscribe to the 80m being bandied about for Caicedo but if the blues are able to get him at a relatively cut price (akin the the McAllister - Liverpool deal), then this our Mount purchase would look somehow...

Las las, Mount na our player now and we can only hope that he adds the required value to the team....

Thank you very much.
80 Million for Caicedo is extortionate, the guy is good but people are making it look sure banker that he will suceed away from Brighton. This same hype was aroung Bissouma this time last year Spurs got him for 40m despite him having a rape case, the guy has spectacularly flopped, Cucurella same thing Chelsea but him for 65m someone that i will not even buy for 10m l. Forget that we signed Mount, he is more proven on the big stage than Caicedo. I wont as a club pay 60m for Caicedo thats a big gamble.

This Mudryk of a guy no be so people hype am sotey chelsea paid 100m pounds for him

(1) (2) (3) ... (13329) (13330) (13331) (13332) (13333) (13334) (13335) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.