Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,147 members, 7,860,116 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:57 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8858622 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13404) (13405) (13406) (13407) (13408) (13409) (13410) ... (14213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 11:09pm On Jul 29, 2023
afrodoc2:
This our transfer negotiation team no suppose dey collect salary. They should be collecting commission on how much they reduce the transfer fee by.
😁
I think they are trying doc, the selling clubs are just mad. Chelshit rejected 3 United bids, before finally agreeing £60m total package for Mount. I believe Ten Hag demand for players without alternatives makes it easy for the selling clubs to inflate the fees. I hope all the new players deliver sha, cos we are almost hitting Rangnick recommended number of new players.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TeslaFC: 11:16pm On Jul 29, 2023
TheMaterialist:

Casemiro is tailored from the same cloth as
Sergio Ramos.

Both Players are experienced veterans in their
Positions,
On a good day both Players are able to give
World class performances that help their teams
to win matches.

For Example
Sergio Ramos scores in two champions league finals for Real Madrid

Casemiro Gets man of the match award in
Champions league final vs liverpool and
In the Supercup final against Eintracht Frankfurt.

But...

But these players consistently make Silly,
Reckless and Stupid Decisions that often cost their teams.

One of the reasons why Real Madrid were never
dominant in La liga was because Sergio Ramos
was always picking up silly Red Cards due to him
needlessly fouling opponents, which made him
get several matches of suspension, which meant
madrid were not consistent in the League.

Casemiro's Strings of red cards cost man united
the Epl title last season

and from the look of things it seems he hasn't learned his lessons.

So when you think of Casemiro think about players like Sergio Ramos and Edgar Davids,

1.Very Important to their Teams

2. Capable of giving world class performances.

3. Consistently get silly yellow or red cards
very often, which leads them to being sent off
or suspended, usually to the detriment of the teams they play for.

@1st bolded. Logical but flawed. Casemiro did not cost us any title. We simply did not play well enough to deserve the title. Even Arsenal performed better.

@2nd bolded. Every good trait that makes a player stand out among his peers also has a bad side to it. We can’t take away one and keep the other.

For context, people hail Martinez as “the butcher” and yet get angered when he actually “butchers” opponents on the pitch. How exactly do they think he earned that nickname?

Fans love Greenwood for his excellent finishing abilities and ball control yet get angered for his “selfishness” on the ball. How exactly do they think he got so good at controlling the ball?

These traits are simply different sides of the same coin. It’s what made them who they are today.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 11:17pm On Jul 29, 2023
Mrviktor:
So na only 5 million we fit commot.
My God

🚨 Manchester United will pay Atalanta fixed fee of €75m + €10m add-ons for Rasmus Hojlund. 20yo Denmark striker has agreed 5+1yr contract - still needs to be finalised. #Atalanta were seeking €90m, but #MUFC secured a package worth €85m @TheAthleticFC
Crazy fee for a young unproven player, but it is what Atalanta wanted. This shows that Clubs will only sell their players at whatever amount they want, whether you go for the player early in the window or late in the window. Hope he turn out to be our own Haaland..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TeslaFC: 11:23pm On Jul 29, 2023
eph12:

You're correct. I hope they can identify and ban any of our fans that join to troll him

Honestly, I don’t think there’ll be a “comeback” for him from this irrespective of how good he performs.

He just has to lock out the noise, be strong-headed like CR7 (or Onana grin) and get the work done.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:27pm On Jul 29, 2023
eph12:
Is this Barca vs real Madrid match still a friendly?

Barca are really dealing with them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 11:34pm On Jul 29, 2023
TrebleChamp:
Crazy fee for a young improving player, but it is what Atalanta wanted. This shows that Clubs will only sell their players at whatever amount the want, whether you go for the player early in the window or late in the window. Hope he turn out to be our own Haaland..

Preach bro...

If we had waited till the end of the TW before we paid, we would be hearing "ah, the money was much because we waited till the last minute....blablabla".

It's good that we are even sorting out these important transfers before the season starts.

Hopefully, we get to close out the Amrabat deal ASAP (if we were ever truly interested)

Dunno why Veratti isn't even in any discussion...

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 11:43pm On Jul 29, 2023
AdisaOwala:

Preach bro...

If we had waited till the end of the TW before we paid, we would be hearing "ah, the money was much because we waited till the last minute....blablabla".

It's good that we are even sorting out these important transfers before the season starts.

Hopefully, we get to close out the Amrabat deal ASAP (if we were ever truly interested)

Dunno why Veratti isn't even in any discussion...

Too injury prone. He has missed around 40% of games since he joined PSG.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:45pm On Jul 29, 2023
TeslaFC:

Honestly, I don’t think there’ll be a “comeback” for him from this irrespective of how good he performs.

He just has to lock out the noise, be strong-headed like CR7 (or Onana grin) and get the work done.
Unless he wants to forget about football, he needs to develop thick skin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:46pm On Jul 29, 2023
Leyqute:

Barca are really dealing with them.
Barca started both halves very strong, but Madrid gain control as the match progresses
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:37am On Jul 30, 2023
TrebleChamp:
😁
I think they are trying doc, the selling clubs are just mad. Chelshit rejected 3 United bids, before finally agreeing £60m total package for Mount. I believe Ten Hag demand for players without alternatives makes it easy for the selling clubs to inflate the fees. I hope all the new players deliver sha, cos we are almost hitting Rangnick recommended number of new players.

Oh ho. Shebi you guys were raining insults on Rangnick when he made that statement. We have bought 6 new starters in the 15 months since he made that statement, and we are still not sure if the problem has been solved. If you add Malacia, Mainoo, Garnacho, Amrabat that is the 10 players.

Meanwhile since Austria started topping their group we stopped hearing Rangnick alerts.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 12:58am On Jul 30, 2023
olabode89:

Too injury prone. He has missed around 40% of games since he joined PSG.

In this regard, His record hasn't been too bad in the last 2 seasons...

With many European teams struggling to get Top performing CMs, I am quite surprised that a talented player like the Italian is being linked with a move to AL - whatever for a paltry 25m shocked

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:39am On Jul 30, 2023
TrebleChamp:
😁

I agree that ETH is making things a bit hard for them by homing in on only one target sha. They didn't do a bad job on Mount or Onana however this amount of money on a 20yr old CF with only 9 Serie A goals seems excessive but i guess they see something special in him. Only his subsequent career at United will determine if the money was worth it. I wish him the best.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obonujoker(m): 4:41am On Jul 30, 2023
Hojlund will come out good. He will work hard.

Glazers have churned out above £400 million for ETH sha..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:15am On Jul 30, 2023
So let me ask is there anything Glazer should have done that he's not doing currently?

Cos when coach or players fail to deliver na Glazer una go still blame

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 6:50am On Jul 30, 2023
WhoDeyHause:

85 million for a 9 goals striker. Jajaja. 🤣🤣.
How many goals Terror Muda don score for una? grin grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 6:51am On Jul 30, 2023
Englishisamust:

100 million on mudryk with 0 goals and 0 assist after 20 matches !!!! grin grin.
Oh you have done justice to the matter already grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dreamxhaser: 6:58am On Jul 30, 2023
raumdeuter:
So let me ask is there anything Glazer should have done that he's not doing currently?

Although I don't like the Glazers, there should be no excuses again. The Glazers have done their job. 10Hag should be the next scapegoat.

But come to think of it, the best we can finish this season is Top3 and Ucl quarter final's. I don't see us getting pass that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 7:27am On Jul 30, 2023
raumdeuter:

Sad reality sad

The next excuse we would hear is that the damage they have done over the years is extensive and the club would need some time to balance grin

Yeye people

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 7:31am On Jul 30, 2023
KingTom:

How many goals Terror Muda don score for una? grin grin

Hahaha

I bin think say na only me dey follow that cartoon for Vanguard newspaper that year

Lmao

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 7:49am On Jul 30, 2023
AdisaOwala:

Hahaha

I bin think say na only me dey follow that cartoon for Vanguard newspaper that year

Lmao
Kaptain Afrika that year lol.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 7:57am On Jul 30, 2023
When you pay over 70m particularly in England, the chances of success reduces significantly. Fingers crossed for Hojlund.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 8:06am On Jul 30, 2023
MRTA7:
When you pay over 70m particularly in England, the chances of success reduces significantly. Fingers crossed for Hojlund.

Them don begin heap pressure on the young boy already sad

At this point, I wouldn't mind a talented, albeit unknown CF from South America (at a cut price) as backup....

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 8:19am On Jul 30, 2023
AdisaOwala:

Them don begin heap pressure on the young boy already sad

At this point, I wouldn't mind a talented, albeit unknown CF from South America (at a cut price) as backup....

Nothing like pressure. Haaland is no longer the best striker in England.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 8:21am On Jul 30, 2023
Oasis007:
Rasmus Højlund to Manchester United, here we go! Agreement reached right now with Atalanta 🚨🔴🇩🇰 #MUFC

Package will be around €70m with add ons, clubs preparing documents in the next 24 hours.

Højlund agreed 5 year deal ten days ago as he only wanted Manchester United.

- Fabrizio Romano
Our very own Viking warrior. Haaland has been dethroned.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 8:28am On Jul 30, 2023
AdisaOwala:

In this regard, His record hasn't been too bad in the last 2 seasons...

With many European teams struggling to get Top performing CMs, I am quite surprised that a talented player like the Italian is being linked with a move to AL - whatever for a paltry 25m shocked

Psg are asking for £68million.

https://www.football365.com/news/marco-verratti-to-al-hilal-liverpool-transfer-blow-klopp-priority-malcom-confirmed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 8:29am On Jul 30, 2023
Englishisamust:

By baba blue??, I get you boss grin grin grin
Whodeyhause is shameless. Chelsea go still collect again as usual 😂😂😂
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 8:32am On Jul 30, 2023
Trevor012:

Our very own Viking warrior.Haaland has been dethroned.

Pacy, raw, energetic and also left footed grin

Fella also looks comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Let season start jare make we see as e go be cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 8:39am On Jul 30, 2023
First team Rashford : Viking : Antony

Back up: Martial, Garnacho, Sancho, Amad, Pellistri.

No excuse whatsoever from that Frontline not to have 60goals combination between them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 8:39am On Jul 30, 2023
Trevor012:

Psg are asking for £68million.

https://www.football365.com/news/marco-verratti-to-al-hilal-liverpool-transfer-blow-klopp-priority-malcom-confirmed

Al Hilal bid 25m after agreeing terms with the player.

Apparently, PSG do not seem to be keen on keeping him.

From the look of things, them go sell if Al Hilal add like 15m join the money.

E go pain me if the guy moves at a cut price and we dey here with McFred angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 8:43am On Jul 30, 2023
dreamxhaser:

Although I don't like the Glazers, there should be no excuses again. The Glazers have done their job. 10Hag should be the next scapegoat.

Glazers didn't do anything, It's not their money. Infact it's better if we are ownerless cause they have no use. United is self sustainable. Erik has no excuse this season. He got all his first team targets, Top 2 with a trophy is a must.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 8:46am On Jul 30, 2023
AdisaOwala:

Pacy, raw, energetic and also left footed grin
Fella also looks comfortable with the ball at his feet.
Let season start jare make we see as e go be cool
Premier league dey shake already 😁

(1) (2) (3) ... (13404) (13405) (13406) (13407) (13408) (13409) (13410) ... (14213) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.