Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,344 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8756987 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13421) (13422) (13423) (13424) (13425) (13426) (13427) ... (14159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:56am On Aug 06, 2023
Leyqute:

I like it. This is the kind of squad we need in order to compete with City.

Our starting front 3 will probably be Rashford, Hojlund and Antony. Amad, Greenwood (if he’s allowed back) and Garnacho can be their deputies.

If you add Sancho to the mix, that gives us 3 options at LW, 4 options at CF and another 4 options at RW. We won’t suffer very much from injuries or fixture congestions.

We just need to add one more midfield option and ETH must know how to manage his squad (not first 11) and keep them together.

Yes we have enough options in attack. We just need them to play smart and avoid bone-headed shots from impossible angles. Garnacho’s strength and decision making seem to have improved over the summer.

The midfield has a big question mark in terms of balance. A Casemiro, Mount, Bruno midfield is too porous. I would prefer a Casemiro, Amrabat, Bruno midfield with Mount on the bench. Also, neither of them should ever play on the wings. ETH should not allow himself to be unfortunate.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:03am On Aug 06, 2023
Leyqute:
We can even play a Diamond midfield in tight games. Rashford and Hojlund as CF and Bruno, Mount, Case, and another midfielder in the middle.

I suspect Rashford will play CF for the first month until Hojlund is fit and available. You never know, 49 might lay a claim to that starting XI and force Antony (or even Rashford- hard to take, but quite possible) out of the front 3. He has that mentality and common sense we need in attack.

Eph12 this is one of the Yoots you’ve been clamoring for ETH to play.
Garnacho was already a first team player from early/middle last season. I was actually hoping to see more of the midfielders from the youth team some of us were always talking about. Instead of giving minutes to Fred and mctom, the likes of Kobe should get them. Then Pellistri should have been given more minutes. Let's see how this season goes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 8:40am On Aug 06, 2023
eph12:

Garnacho was already a first team player from early/middle last season. I was actually hoping to see more of the midfielders from the youth team some of us were always talking about. Instead of giving minutes to Fred and mctom, the likes of Kobe should get them. Then Pellistri should have been given more minutes. Let's see how this season goes

I was expecting this from you and you didn't disappoint.

The options we're talking about is in the midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:19am On Aug 06, 2023
adebayo201:

Amad got injured. Mainoo that was getting good minutes got injured. How many academy/reserve players do you want integrated in one season. Mainoo is already obviously ahead of McFred (both of whom might still leave during this transfer window). Mejbri might get minutes as well if he doesn't leave on loan or on a permanent deal. In a situation whereby the first team midfielders are Casemiro, Bruno, Mount, Amrabat integrating one academy midfielder in a season is good enough. If we had mediocre players like McFred in our rotation then it is a different matter entirely.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:34am On Aug 06, 2023
larride:

Ehn which defenders cant pass? No start this agenda abeg. Na DDG fault. grin

Na here we dey.
😁
Ten Hag no tell them say him wan play possession football ooh, but they gather here drag De Gea for not allowing the team play thier iimaginary possession football. We even say we still won't paly the possession football even if we have Allison in goal, with the current defence and midfield and lazy forward we have, but they did see that but only De Gea as the problem. Now he don change mouth to defenders can't pass and transition cause Ten Hag said so in a recent presser. Guilty conscience don dey worry them for all the rubbish attack on De Gea. The other member dey ask why i no demand possession footy from Mourinho 😁, them do explain tire this season....

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:38am On Aug 06, 2023
TrebleChamp:
😁
Ten Hag no tell them say him wan play possession football ooh, but they gather here drag De Gea for not allowing the team play thier iimaginary possession football. We even say we still won't paly the possession football even if we have Allison in goal, with the current defence and midfield and lazy forward we have, but they did see that but only De Gea as the problem. Now he don change mouth to transition cause Ten Hag said so in a recent presser. Guilty conscience don dey worry them for all the rubbish attack on De Gea. The other member dey ask why i no demand possession footy from Mourinho 😁, them do explain tire this season....

Una go wail tire. DDG go still need buy ticket to enter Old Trafford next time like both of us. grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:53am On Aug 06, 2023
afrodoc2:

Una go wail tire. DDG go still need buy ticket to enter Old Trafford next time like both of us. grin

😁
Nothing concern me with De Gea, i just want to watch beautiful football. Abi is it now a bad thing to want good football? We have the Manager and the players, so why is my desire to watch beautiful football giving some people heart ache?

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 10:09am On Aug 06, 2023
olabode89:

If our clown defenders can successfully complete a 5 yards pass, we won't be having this discussion.

Varane.. Bisaka. Maguire.. Fred.. Bruno.. Rashford.

They loose possession in silly positions.

The only confident defender or midfielder we have is licha.

I expect 7-8 lobs this season.. Or a change in onana's game style
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:17am On Aug 06, 2023
adebayo201:

As at last season, there were a couple of chances to introduce these young players and give them some run that will be beneficial to them. I don't even follow the youth team but the way we rate some of those players here makes me think we're better off introducing them to the senior team gradually. I just need a new look in that midfield and the purchase of Mount has not solved that.

It will be a mistake to withdraw Bruno from that attacking role to a more reserved midfield role, as well as playing him on the wings. I seriously hope ETH has cured that madness.

Kobe looks to have broken out, I hope at least one more youth player follows. ETH won't be able to spend this much every summer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 10:21am On Aug 06, 2023
TrebleChamp:
😁
Ten Hag no tell them say him wan play possession football ooh, but they gather here drag De Gea for not allowing the team play thier iimaginary possession football. We even say we still won't paly the possession football even if we have Allison in goal, with the current defence and midfield and lazy forward we have, but they did see that but only De Gea as the problem. Now he don change mouth to defenders can't pass and transition cause Ten Hag said so in a recent presser. Guilty conscience don dey worry them for all the rubbish attack on De Gea. The other member dey ask why i no demand possession footy from Mourinho 😁, them do explain tire this season....

Chai! and you be full grown man o, no balls or backbone to quote my post. 🤡

A team can regularly retain possession effectively and still play transition football e.g. Liverpool and Madrid. No be my fault say you no understand intricate football parlance.

DDG is so good that his next job during his peak as a goalkeeper will mostlikely be in Saudi. Cry from now till tommorow DDG is gone and will never be back, there is a reason he was chased out of Spanish NT.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 10:23am On Aug 06, 2023
Mrviktor:

Varane.. Bisaka. Maguire.. Fred.. Bruno.. Rashford.

They loose possession in silly positions.

The only confident defender or midfielder we have is licha.

EtH is a flexible manager, If he sees that them above mentioned guys might send him back to his village in the Netherlands; he would likely tweak the system.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:28am On Aug 06, 2023
Leyqute:

I like it. This is the kind of squad we need in order to compete with City.

Our starting front 3 will probably be Rashford, Hojlund and Antony. Amad, Greenwood (if he’s allowed back) and Garnacho can be their deputies.

If you add Sancho to the mix, that gives us 3 options at LW, 4 options at CF and another 4 options at RW. We won’t suffer very much from injuries or fixture congestions.

We just need to add one more midfield option and ETH must know how to manage his squad (not first 11) and keep them together.
if all these guys are available to Ten Hag, I'm sorry Antony can't be a starter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:39am On Aug 06, 2023
Mrviktor:

how can you expect 8 lob goals in one season?
how many lob goals has Onana conceded in his life?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:46am On Aug 06, 2023
afrodoc2:

Yes we have enough options in attack. We just need them to play smart and avoid bone-headed shots from impossible angles. Garnacho’s strength and decision making seem to have improved over the summer.

The midfield has a big question mark in terms of balance. A Casemiro, Mount, Bruno midfield is too porous. I would prefer a Casemiro, Amrabat, Bruno midfield with Mount on the bench. Also, neither of them should ever play on the wings. ETH should not allow himself to be unfortunate.

Agreed.

But at the same time Mount and Bruno are hardworking. If our boneheaded forwards also cover well, we’ll be safer. That doesnt mean they’re decent defensive midfielders tho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Onkoolos: 11:19am On Aug 06, 2023

The same way oloriburku brazilian pocolee work with ten hag and came to flop in man u,
diogo costa is the first keeper to catch 3 penalties in a single match in champions league. I watch portuguese league very well, he is better than onana. Onana that you are talking about was sent off because of is indiscipline in worldcup. Onana that will pushing ball outside like ball dey hot him for hand, I trust premier league attackers, dem go score rebounce from man u tired

As he dey hot!!!! Clean sheet is impossible this season. I tell unaa, u no hear. You will have sacrifice one for another one. grin grin grin. Truth to be told onana I really enjoy that in playing style.. he dey sweet me!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 11:37am On Aug 06, 2023
Really high on Koolos cheesy

Smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:39am On Aug 06, 2023
eph12:

As at last season, there were a couple of chances to introduce these young players and give them some run that will be beneficial to them. I don't even follow the youth team but the way we rate some of those players here makes me think we're better off introducing them to the senior team gradually. I just need a new look in that midfield and the purchase of Mount has not solved that.

It will be a mistake to withdraw Bruno from that attacking role to a more reserved midfield role, as well as playing him on the wings. I seriously hope ETH has cured that madness.

Kobe looks to have broken out, I hope at least one more youth player follows. ETH won't be able to spend this much every summer

I don’t think many people realize what it means to play CONSISTENT first team football. None of our yoot players have that ability. Even Garnacho, there were games he really dropped the ball even after having decent performances in past games (Leeds comes to mind).

The only area I’ll fault ETH is not giving them cameo appearances even when first team players like Fred and Antony are playing rubbish.

Hoping he fixes that this season, although this also depends on the overall quality of the team. I want to see more of Amad and Mainoo (especially this guy) and Hannibal should get subbed in a few times.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:40am On Aug 06, 2023
ChristineC:

if all these guys are available to Ten Hag, I'm sorry Antony can't be a starter.

100m disagrees with you. ETH will still be forced to give him some appearances so he doesn’t look like someone who wastes money.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:41am On Aug 06, 2023
ChristineC:
how can you expect 8 lob goals in one season?
how many lob goals has Onana conceded in his life?

He probably meant attempts. 8 lob attempts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:55am On Aug 06, 2023
TrebleChamp:
😁
Nothing concern me with De Gea, i just want to watch beautiful football. Abi is it now a bad thing to want good football? We have the Manager and the players, so why is my desire to watch beautiful football giving some people heart ache?

Nothing concern you with De Gea yet you mentioned him 3 times in your post. Una go wail tire. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:56am On Aug 06, 2023
Meanwhile this Sweden GK wan pour sand sand for USA garri.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 12:00pm On Aug 06, 2023
The brightest thing about our forward line is how young they all are, I think Rashford might be our oldest forward player..When Holjund hits the ground running and Greenwood gets back, we'd be sorted out there for at least 4 seasons straight...

Nobody is even talking about afrodoc2's colleague and younger brother of Patrickmuf again 😕, smh..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:09pm On Aug 06, 2023
Leyqute:

Agreed.

But at the same time Mount and Bruno are hardworking. If our boneheaded forwards also cover well, we’ll be safer. That doesnt mean they’re decent defensive midfielders tho.

It will work against smaller teams and only if Bruno works as a real 8. If he drifts forward into the no10 position better teams will punish us badly on the counter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2023
Leyqute:

I don’t think many people realize what it means to play CONSISTENT first team football. None of our yoot players have that ability. Even Garnacho, there were games he really dropped the ball even after having decent performances in past games (Leeds comes to mind).

The only area I’ll fault ETH is not giving them cameo appearances even when first team players like Fred and Antony are playing rubbish.

Hoping he fixes that this season, although this also depends on the overall quality of the team. I want to see more of Amad and Mainoo (especially this guy) and Hannibal should get subbed in a few times.
Maybe if our senior players are killing the games early enough, we will see more of these young players. Even if they end up being sold, they'll be sold for better fee
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:29pm On Aug 06, 2023
afrodoc2:
Meanwhile this Sweden GK wan pour sand sand for USA garri.
there are some technical players in this tournament that Man United W can contract instead of twerking for the likes of Russo, like the naija girl to replace Batlle.
some very good players in the Jamaican team as well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2023
4 straight misses. Babalawo dey tackle babalawo. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2023
AdisaOwala:
Really high on Koolos cheesy

Smh
All man mount gidigba with their different agenda grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Softwareguy21: 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2023
olabode89:

Chai! and you be full grown man o, no balls or backbone to quote my post. 🤡

A team can regularly retain possession effectively and still play transition football e.g. Liverpool and Madrid. No be my fault say you no understand intricate football parlance.

DDG is so good that his next job during his peak as a goalkeeper will mostlikely be in Saudi. Cry from now till tommorow DDG is gone and will never be back, there is a reason he was chased out of Spanish NT.
even Brighton play transition football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:54pm On Aug 06, 2023
ChristineC:
there are some technical players in this tournament that Man United W can contract instead of twerking for the likes of Russo, like the naija girl to replace Batlle.
some very good players in the Jamaican team as well.

Yeah the Naija RB is quite fine. Sorry i mean she is quite good. I have not really noticed the Jamo players apart from their defenders like those Swaby sisters. Which talented young strikers have you noticed in this tournament?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2023
🚨🐐 Sporting CP unveils their stunning new third shirt for 2023-24, honoring the 20th anniversary of Cristiano Ronaldo's debut. 💚

Man utd and Real Madrid should do same.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Onkoolos: 1:07pm On Aug 06, 2023
Jokerman:
🚨🐐 Sporting CP unveils their stunning new third shirt for 2023-24, honoring the 20th anniversary of Cristiano Ronaldo's debut. 💚

Man utd and Real Madrid should do same.

Ronaldo effect!!! grin grin grin grin. Not like one......!!! Make I no talk aaam grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2023
🚨 Erik ten Hag has already surpassed Jurgen Klopp’s NET spend 🤯

💰 Klopp (since 2015): €356m
💰 Ten Hag (since 2022): €396m

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13421) (13422) (13423) (13424) (13425) (13426) (13427) ... (14159) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.